Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3437934 times)

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #28400 on: May 15, 2019, 11:54:29 pm »
How in gods name did that get out. Why in your hour of glory do you rip on your greatest rival that season. What a hideous song to sing. City’s statement on this is self serving, pathetic and lacking in class or understanding of the offense which it caused. Should Liverpool issue a statement or just ignore it?

The club haven’t commented publicly and rightly so. They’ve always been very good in taking into account the feelings of those affected and I’m sure privately they are in contact with the Hillsborough families and Sean Cox’s family.

The City response has been frankly pathetic. Say we believe them that it wasn’t about Sean Cox (it very clearly is), then it’s ok because some Liverpool fans attacked in Kiev survived to tell the tale? That’s before the victim connotations and singing about their captain injuring our man.

It’s a shocking response. Chelsea and Liverpool’s joint condemnation of the Salah chants, our own condemnation of the fountain incident in Barcelona (and strong voices on here too) were the right thing to do. That football club just has nothing about it at all.

Here’s hoping this Uefa verdict brings them down a peg or two. I won’t hold my breath

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #28401 on: May 15, 2019, 11:56:03 pm »
I've been busy all day and evening so had not seen any news. I fully expected that by the time I had come back online that Abu Dhabi FC would have issued an unreserved apology for that abomination of a video/song. Honestly, I know they are a classless posse of rats, but I at least expected they'd try to limit the damage to their own already tattered reputation if nothing else, but no.

It's not often that I'm surprised at the bizarre, ridiculous and often stupid things many people will do and say when it comes to football, but to see the Champions of England singing this filth is mind-boggling and deeply depressing. To then release a statement defending it is absolutely staggering. The lack of class, dignity, respect and humility is of epic proportions. We must really, really have got under their skin this season, because the way they have acted since Sunday has been an utter disgrace to themselves and football generally. I don't think I've ever seen champions acting in such a disgusting manner in my life.

To be honest, I actually find what's happened to their club depressing and sad. They've always had their gobshites, as anyone who ever went to Maine Road will testify, but they also used to have a lot of good, solid supporters with an abundance of humility and self-deprecation. They were everything United were not. They seemed more down to earth, and not pumped full of self-importance and arrogance. Yet since Abu Dhabi bought the name of their club, ripped out its heart and soul and used it as a PR exercise, the whole thing has become some kind of grotesque Frankenstein's Monster. It's rancid from top to bottom. We knew this about their owners, and we knew this about their recent fanbase, but the players too? The players, for goodness sake. It beggars belief. Man City were never a massive club, and they were always in the shadow of their neighbours, but they were always a solid club. What they have been replaced with is just repulsive on so many levels. Since my cousin and her City-supporting, Mancunian husband got divorced I don't get to see him anymore, but I'd love to know how he feels about what has happened to his beloved City these days. Apart from him I've never known another City fan so all I get to see/hear are their balloon-heads online, unfortunately.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #28402 on: May 15, 2019, 11:58:56 pm »

We have bigger Spurs fish to fry.

This is it, isn't it.

Whilst the Champions of England are acting like, disgusting, classless gobshites for all the world to see, Liverpool are quietly, and with dignity, getting on with preparing for the European cup Final.

That says a lot in itself.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #28403 on: May 16, 2019, 01:23:01 am »
How in gods name did that get out. Why in your hour of glory do you rip on your greatest rival that season. What a hideous song to sing. City’s statement on this is self serving, pathetic and lacking in class or understanding of the offense which it caused. Should Liverpool issue a statement or just ignore it?

I'd say Fuck them.

They've always been jealous of the well hung docker.

The land locked C unts.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28404 on: May 16, 2019, 01:58:25 am »
We're letting it speak for itself, and watching the incompetent arrogance of their PR department. And wondering how good their lawyers really are, if they can't keep their emails safe, and are not capable of writing coded sentences.
And why it would take a threat of 50 million in lawyer's fees to tie UEFA up if they can't bully their way to what they want.
I suspect their legal might actually be a bit shit, just thuggish and rich.
If I was a really good lawyer would I want to be employed to cheat at running a football club by someone who might torture me, burn me, run me over if I displeased them?
I think I would have better options.
Therefore, I think they are probably not the best, rich, and a bit thick. So, they may leave a fucking big wide trail, like a toilet roll stuck to their shitty arsehole.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #28405 on: May 16, 2019, 03:31:27 am »
They’ll have good legal, their in-house might be a bit shit, but they’ll be smart enough to outsource to big firms when shit gets real.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28406 on: May 16, 2019, 07:26:14 am »
A comment yesterday at work said it all.

The bitter and the Manc were chatting about us and the Manc asked the bitter had he been up to see me on Monday. He said no, I worked from home, because if they had won it, it would have taken me 3 hours at least to get back home as the City would have been rammed for the parade. I honestly don't even know if City had a parade and if they did, it didn't affect traffic.

If we win in Madrid, there will be at least a million out on the streets again.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28407 on: May 16, 2019, 07:42:22 am »
A comment yesterday at work said it all.

The bitter and the Manc were chatting about us and the Manc asked the bitter had he been up to see me on Monday. He said no, I worked from home, because if they had won it, it would have taken me 3 hours at least to get back home as the City would have been rammed for the parade. I honestly don't even know if City had a parade and if they did, it didn't affect traffic.

If we win in Madrid, there will be at least a million out on the streets again.
IT was one of the most cringe worthy  things i have seen.They had the usual supermarket Dj calling out the players and probably the same cheer from a crowd you would hear at a 21st or 30th party. Pathetic. They really are a nothing club.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28408 on: May 16, 2019, 08:13:04 am »
They are desperate to be relevant but the fact is City aren't our rivals. They are a small time club with money and that will never change.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #28409 on: May 16, 2019, 08:34:52 am »
Its essential I feel.

A clever song that points out their financial cheating and the human rights abuses of the murderous régime that props them up would be great. They're a PR vehicle of a regime that's responsible for the murder and starvation of thousands in Yemen along with the horrors in their own country.

Nothing can damage them more. They can sing lies and fantasy about Liverpool all they want but the truth hurts so much more on every level. PR my arse.
Bloodmoney to Blue Moon.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28410 on: May 16, 2019, 08:40:49 am »
A song about their owners would be nice...

Nah, don't bother. Would just make us look rattled. Just concentrate on our own team and sing songs about ourselves. Fuck them.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #28411 on: May 16, 2019, 08:59:54 am »
The reality is, we make other supporters and other clubs insecure.
I think we're so used to who we are as a club, that we forget the perception others have of ourselves.
We are truly the sleeping giants. Any failure on our part will be seized upon and enjoyed and heralded far more than any other club. Thats what comes when you have the sort of history we have. You make new history, you can buy new history,  but you can't make or purchase old history.

On the flip side,  any success we have will resonate more than that of anotherr club bar United. And not just because as supporters, we're fantastic at keeping our history and successes alive in the form of songs and banners et al. But because, Liverpool represent the few clubs that have made an impact in domestic and European football. Might sound grandiose,  but we are part of the elite groups in football. And we've earned that status, a status that takes decades to earn. It's why the sudden rise of Chelsea and City into title contenders seemingly launched a hatred by their supporters of us. Deep down inside, they know. As a club, in terms of stature, heritage, and relevance, and inspite of their successes and our trophy failures, they still can't compete. They're still not a club like us.

So its almost a compliment. Even in their successes, they think of us. Even in our failures, they think of us.
Unfortunately  for them, their biggest fears arose this season. We're back as a threat, and now with a chance to rub their face in it with a European trophy. In our 9th European Final and our 2nd in a row.
The sleeping giant has awoken from the slumber, and no amount of petty songs will make a difference. In fact, it only makes it more the sweeter when we do start lifting trophies.

The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28412 on: May 16, 2019, 09:14:20 am »
They've never conquered Europe,
I doubt they'll ever start,
From White Hart Lane to Anfield,
Quarter finals break their hearts,
The players don't give a shit
Only there for obscene pay,
And their owners execute you,
If they think you might be gay.
Allez, allez, allez.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 09:18:11 am by Anfield Kopite »

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #28413 on: May 16, 2019, 09:16:45 am »
Confirmation from UEFA

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #28415 on: May 16, 2019, 09:31:34 am »
Manchester City say they are "disappointed, but regrettably not surprised"

Fucking hell these guys, man. From the top down, rotten

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28416 on: May 16, 2019, 09:32:40 am »
If they ban them next season, does that mean we go to CL in the 5th place??

Put your foot down Uefa, don't take no prisoners, ban them now.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #28417 on: May 16, 2019, 09:37:50 am »
The mask has well and truly slipped.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #28418 on: May 16, 2019, 09:38:10 am »
They’re getting booted out of Europe,
But no one gives a shit,
Because they’re European nobodies,
Empty blue seats in their pit.

Their owner pumped in billions,
Trying to buy the big eared cup,
He even hired baldy Pep,
But he went and fucked it up.

Allez, allez, allez.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2019, 09:43:08 am by Craig 🤔 »

Offline Skrtelonparole

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28419 on: May 16, 2019, 09:38:42 am »

"There are a multitude of ifs and buts and there is a school of thought in Nyon that hopes Arsenal will intervene with a complaint if Unai Emery’s team lose the Europa League Final against Chelsea and miss out on the Champions League.

In these circumstances, the north London club would not qualify for Europe’s most prestigious tournament, while City compete under a cloud."

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #28420 on: May 16, 2019, 09:41:12 am »
Hahaha fire well and truly lit under City's arses

Lets see what happens, but I think we all remain skeptical
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #28421 on: May 16, 2019, 09:41:25 am »
Manchester City say they are "disappointed, but regrettably not surprised"

Fucking hell these guys, man. From the top down, rotten

The cheek of those dickheads

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #28422 on: May 16, 2019, 09:42:43 am »
https://www.mancity.com/news/club-news/club-news/2019/may/man-city-club-statement-uefa-response

"Manchester City Football Club is disappointed, but regrettably not surprised, by the sudden announcement of the referral to be made by the CFCB IC Chief Investigator Yves Leterme.

The leaks to media over the last week are indicative of the process that has been overseen by Mr. Leterme.

Manchester City is entirely confident of a positive outcome when the matter is considered by an independent judicial body.

The accusation of financial irregularities remains entirely false and the CFCB IC referral ignores a comprehensive body of irrefutable evidence provided by Manchester City FC to the Chamber.

The decision contains mistakes, misinterpretations and confusions fundamentally borne out of a basic lack of due process and there remain significant unresolved matters raised by Manchester City FC as part of what the Club has found to be a wholly unsatisfactory, curtailed, and hostile process."

Fuck off you cheating c*nts
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28423 on: May 16, 2019, 09:42:51 am »
Another aggressive stance taken by Man City :

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1128935006062206976

This will end up getting dragged out for months and then they'll get away with it.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28424 on: May 16, 2019, 09:43:49 am »
"There are a multitude of ifs and buts and there is a school of thought in Nyon that hopes Arsenal will intervene with a complaint if Unai Emery’s team lose the Europa League Final against Chelsea and miss out on the Champions League.

In these circumstances, the north London club would not qualify for Europe’s most prestigious tournament, while City compete under a cloud."

We should complain, our place in CL would have been taken up by a bunch of cheats who broke the rules, this is no different to Olympians who finish 4th, behind a drug cheat.

Stop rewarding cheats Uefa, clean up the game.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #28425 on: May 16, 2019, 09:45:06 am »
I hope they fight it. I hope they take an aggressive stance. I hope they show the world what utter gobshites they are.

And ultimately, after all that, I hope they are royally fucked over

Then I hope the FA / PL pull their heads out of their arses and take action too.

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28426 on: May 16, 2019, 09:45:28 am »
Would be nice if their league titles were rescinded,the cheating c****.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28427 on: May 16, 2019, 09:48:45 am »
Another aggressive stance taken by Man City :

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1128935006062206976

This will end up getting dragged out for months and then they'll get away with it.

State of the replies from their fans.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #28428 on: May 16, 2019, 09:49:42 am »
Would be nice if their league titles were rescinded,the cheating c****.
yep

but not the way i wanted to win

would prefer to win it on a pitch not a court room
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28429 on: May 16, 2019, 09:49:55 am »

The Mancs are getting all excited now as they think that they will get the CL place if you win the Europa.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Mighty Zeus

• Legacy Fan
  • Smite the Tories (with lightning)
« Reply #28430 on: May 16, 2019, 09:50:20 am »
"The decision contains mistakes, misinterpretations and confusions fundamentally borne out of a basic lack of due process and there remain significant unresolved matters raised by Manchester City FC as part of what the Club has found to be a wholly unsatisfactory, curtailed, and hostile process."

Please go to court. Please go to court. Please go to court.

Answer questions set by forensic accountants in public. Please please please let this happen.

Drag this out over two seasons. Three seasons. Go to court. Lose and appeal.
Socialist Ignoramus Since 2500 BCE

Offline Lycan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28431 on: May 16, 2019, 09:50:46 am »
I hope they fight it. I hope they take an aggressive stance. I hope they show the world what utter gobshites they are.

Then I hope the FA / PL pull their heads out of their arses and take action too.

They have gone eerily quiet. Which means they're either burying their heads in the sand and aren't going to do anything about it. Or they're still in the process of building a case against City.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28432 on: May 16, 2019, 09:52:24 am »
yep

but not the way i wanted to win

would prefer to win it on a pitch not a court room

Same here, but fuck it. We got 97pts with a squad built legally (tapping up of Virgil aside ;) ) whereas they built a squad that got 100 and 98pts with money they didn't have. Man City without fiddling could not have afforded the likes of Silva, Fernandinho, Aguero, Mahrez etc
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #28433 on: May 16, 2019, 09:53:01 am »
Always the victims. Never their fault.

Let's stop with this bollocks.

It's a phrase that I wouldn't want any Liverpool to use.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #28434 on: May 16, 2019, 09:53:52 am »
They have gone eerily quiet. Which means they're either burying their heads in the sand and aren't going to do anything about it. Or they're still in the process of building a case against City.

I know what my money is on...!

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28435 on: May 16, 2019, 09:54:22 am »
At least be men grow some balls and admit you're wrong, issue an apology and be done with it. I have huge respect for Kompany off the field as he does some incredible work for less fortunate in Manchester and shows a lot of character, if he at least doesn't come out with some kind of apology I will be massively shocked.

All of this 'oh we didn't know it was about this or that or actually it was referencing another battering' is beyond pathetic from their club.

Vincent Kompany has no say in their PR, which is entirely based on discrediting their critics rather than discrediting their critics' allegations.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28436 on: May 16, 2019, 09:54:59 am »
Wondered what Sean Spicer was up to these days

Offline Mighty Zeus

• Legacy Fan
  • Smite the Tories (with lightning)
« Reply #28437 on: May 16, 2019, 09:56:00 am »
Let's stop with this bollocks.

It's a phrase that I wouldn't want any Liverpool to use.

Fair enough. It's a phrase that completely enrages me, and I'm attempting to highlight the hypocrisy of using it here. But I'll delete it.
Socialist Ignoramus Since 2500 BCE

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #28438 on: May 16, 2019, 09:56:11 am »

You've got to hope their aggressive stance to this backfires.

You do wonder if behind the scenes some of the other bigger clubs are (rightfully) putting pressure on UEFA to investigate this. For all City's money they probably hold very little sway at UEFA. Teams like Madrid, Barcelona, United, Bayern, Juventus and ourselves are obviously seen as much bigger players on the continent and where a lot of the club power has resided for the last 20-30 years.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28439 on: May 16, 2019, 09:57:26 am »

uefa give them a one year and cas give them five