Author Topic: Ground Entry  (Read 62630 times)

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ground Entry
« Reply #280 on: September 13, 2021, 12:02:42 pm »
This sort of passed me by, just learning about it now before going to the Milan game this week. What the bloody hell was wrong with fan cards? It'll be ok for me but my dad hasn't got a hope of setting this up himself.

Presumably its to stop me giving my ticket/seat to someone else?

Not really, its a PL requirement and it’s mainly so the club knows who is actually in the stadium

Offline Garycarney44

• Kemlynite
« Reply #281 on: September 14, 2021, 07:46:01 pm »
Android Sony phone, season ticket for the Kop, Milan ticket purchased on auto cup, money gone out of account, email received , pass on Google Pay is not showing the Milan game just states season ticket, followed by row on seat number, click on details tab it states next Match Milan, gone into my account then tickets showing for games Milan, Crystal Palace, Man City and Brighton, the three League games have the download NFC pass highlighted in Red, the Milan one is greyed out, I was under the impression that when downloaded for start of the season that it would only be required to do once, I am confused and wondering if my pass will work tomorrow night, no issues for first two home games but my pass displayed both Burnley and Chelsea at least a couple of days before the game ?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #282 on: September 14, 2021, 07:53:42 pm »
If its stating the next match is Milan on the details part of the pass then its updated

Offline Garycarney44

• Kemlynite
« Reply #283 on: September 14, 2021, 07:56:20 pm »
If its stating the next match is Milan on the details part of the pass then its updated
👍

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #284 on: September 14, 2021, 08:24:43 pm »
Club have stressed today on Twitter and via email that the pass will still work even if not updated with the game’s details.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #285 on: September 14, 2021, 10:25:57 pm »
Sorry if this question has already been answered, but I've just got a ticket for the Palace game (my first this season) and the option to download the NFC pass is greyed out? Will this change closer to the game?

I've been able to download the NFC for my Membership but there's nothing in the "Next Game" etc details.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2021, 10:28:33 pm by JerseyKloppite »

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #286 on: September 14, 2021, 10:45:36 pm »
Sorry if this question has already been answered, but I've just got a ticket for the Palace game (my first this season) and the option to download the NFC pass is greyed out? Will this change closer to the game?

I've been able to download the NFC for my Membership but there's nothing in the "Next Game" etc details.
if you've downloaded your NFC pass it'll update with the ticket details soon

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #287 on: September 14, 2021, 10:48:48 pm »
if you've downloaded your NFC pass it'll update with the ticket details soon

Cheers!

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #288 on: September 15, 2021, 07:47:27 am »
Club have stressed today on Twitter and via email that the pass will still work even if not updated with the game’s details.

And in an email:

If you cannot yet see the details of the next fixture on your pass, you will still be able to access the stadium using the contactless function or the QR code, so don’t worry.

I think we knew that's how it worked but good they've explicitly said.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: September 15, 2021, 08:02:05 am »
And in an email:

I think we knew that's how it worked but good they've explicitly said.

Season ticket holders its nice an easy same seat each week for members you need the seat details.  Thats why the text was great and not have to try and find an email 6months old for a game.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #290 on: September 15, 2021, 08:17:15 am »
Season ticket holders its nice an easy same seat each week for members you need the seat details.  Thats why the text was great and not have to try and find an email 6months old for a game.

This is correct, yeah you should know where you're sitting, and you can still check by logging into you account. but the text told you that.

If this system isn't (in a lot cases) not going to update, then it's obviously not be designed correctly, or more likely in LFC's case not proven by testing it, has it?

If it's so flakey that it's not going to update in a large number of cases, then just make sure the ticket site shows your ticket for the current match has been uploaded to your card, so you knew your card had been updated with the current  match (which unless I'm mistaken this system doesn't) , and make it your responsibility to check your seat numbers before you leave for the match.

Also the advice from the club now is for Android users to use show code, so again the system is not doing what it's designed to do

Turn your phone off and on was the most laughable piece if advice ever

As I've said in other threads, mine and my Mrs phones haven't updated for any of the 3 games this season, I've waited till last night to see if it updated and it hadn't so had to re-download the membership

Offline jdirckze

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #291 on: September 15, 2021, 09:01:08 am »
we have had to move seats due to being shifted for sponsors etc, although our seats were back on sale presumably due to the lack of take up by  sponso
Our passes say 'season ticket' and show the new seat details but don't state 'AC Milan '  .  However if I click on the 'details ' button at the bottom it shows the Milan game.  Presumably it will revert to the normal seat before Palace

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #292 on: September 15, 2021, 09:15:10 am »
we have had to move seats due to being shifted for sponsors etc, although our seats were back on sale presumably due to the lack of take up by  sponso
Our passes say 'season ticket' and show the new seat details but don't state 'AC Milan '  .  However if I click on the 'details ' button at the bottom it shows the Milan game.  Presumably it will revert to the normal seat before Palace

Yeah that's right, sounds like you have an Android? They only show seat details on the actual pass, then if you click "more details" the rest is there. On iPhones I think it shows all the game info on the pass itself.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: September 15, 2021, 09:36:46 am »
Yeah that's right, sounds like you have an Android? They only show seat details on the actual pass, then if you click "more details" the rest is there. On iPhones I think it shows all the game info on the pass itself.

That's not correct. after re-downloading my membership, it shows the seat details on it

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: September 15, 2021, 09:50:33 am »
That's not correct. after re-downloading my membership, it shows the seat details on it
Yeah, that's what I meant, it shows the seat details on Android but not which game it is until you press the button at the bottom. :thumbup
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: September 15, 2021, 10:32:53 am »
Yeah, that's what I meant, it shows the seat details on Android but not which game it is until you press the button at the bottom. :thumbup

:thumbup :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: September 15, 2021, 11:20:25 am »

You can find the seat details in your ticket account

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: September 15, 2021, 11:24:04 am »
This is correct, yeah you should know where you're sitting, and you can still check by logging into you account. but the text told you that.

If this system isn't (in a lot cases) not going to update, then it's obviously not be designed correctly, or more likely in LFC's case not proven by testing it, has it?

If it's so flakey that it's not going to update in a large number of cases, then just make sure the ticket site shows your ticket for the current match has been uploaded to your card, so you knew your card had been updated with the current  match (which unless I'm mistaken this system doesn't) , and make it your responsibility to check your seat numbers before you leave for the match.

Also the advice from the club now is for Android users to use show code, so again the system is not doing what it's designed to do

As I've said in other threads, mine and my Mrs phones haven't updated for any of the 3 games this season, I've waited till last night to see if it updated and it hadn't so had to re-download the membership

Have you both got ad-blockers disabled?

I wouldn't say it's a large amount that doesn't update. A lot take right up to the game but do eventually, but I've only heard of a handful of cases where it hasn't updated by kick off time

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: September 15, 2021, 11:39:51 am »
Have you both got ad-blockers disabled?

I wouldn't say it's a large amount that doesn't update. A lot take right up to the game but do eventually, but I've only heard of a handful of cases where it hasn't updated by kick off time

No ad blockers, or pop up blockers on my phone nor my Mrs

Don't think that there's anyway a lot or people would wait much longer than the end of the night before a game to see if it updated. This tech shouldn't take days and days to update really should it?

yes you're code may work, but as I mentioned that in the old system you knew if the match had been uploaded to your card, even if ? In this you're just assuming it has

Then if you're challenged by a steward about your seat, you've absolutely no proof that you're in the right seast

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: September 15, 2021, 12:18:53 pm »
Sounds to me like the update has to do with the phone, amd not with what LFC do. Like it updates when the phone checks for updates, not when the club change the details.

Its a bit of a mess though.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #300 on: September 15, 2021, 12:31:30 pm »

I did laugh when I read that myself but told my brother to try, and it worked for him!
The two previous home games his ticket loaded fine a few days before the games so they don't seem to have ironed out the issues on the Android system yet. Iphone has been fine for me and my lads.

Offline Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: September 15, 2021, 01:10:54 pm »
Sounds to me like the update has to do with the phone, amd not with what LFC do. Like it updates when the phone checks for updates, not when the club change the details.

Its a bit of a mess though.

So different phones in my case don't work and they only update the tickets when they check for updates. Sounds a bit far fetched to me, but happy to be corrected

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #302 on: September 15, 2021, 11:46:46 pm »
Seen some ridiculous queues tonight. The club aren't teaching their staff quick enough.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #303 on: September 16, 2021, 12:08:28 am »
Seen some ridiculous queues tonight. The club aren't teaching their staff quick enough.

I got to the Kop entrance F1-3 at 7.15 and was in by 7.25. Entrance E was pretty clear at that time as well.

Where were the issues you saw?
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #304 on: September 16, 2021, 12:10:33 am »
I got to the Kop entrance F1-3 at 7.15 and was in by 7.25. Entrance E was pretty clear at that time as well.

Where were the issues you saw?

Thats good stuff.

Wasn't there tonight, just saw photos of long queues after kick off.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: September 16, 2021, 12:19:27 am »
32-minute wait on Kop C turnstiles tonight.

You'd think by now, given the substantially reduced throughput on the gates, they'd have recruited loads of staff with handheld ticket readers, going down the queues and stamping wrists or putting wristbands on, and letting those in through the exit gates.  They just don't seem to have any plan B for this.  They can't even manage the queues, so dozens are queue-jumping.

The previous system relied on the average person getting through in just a few seconds, but that's just not happening for many folks.  Last time, my Android barcode unlocked the turnstile in less than a second.  Tonight, the same phone on the neighbouring turnstile took 8 seconds.  Two young lads in front took about 20 seconds each.

The technology is just not fast enough and reliable enough yet.  And this wasn't even mandated for this season.  And, you know what, with all the problems, I predict the PL will delay enforcement of this to the season after next.

It was obvious last December there were major issues.  This should have been trialled on one turnstile first, then a few, then a stand, before being rolled out to the whole ground.  There was no need for a big-bang approach.  The Club haven't even surveyed all ticket-holders to find correlations between access times/problems and phone operating system types/versions and phone models.  The feedback they have is largely anecdotal and unscientific.

How many fiascos does Phil Dutton have to preside over before the Club employ someone with a proper IT background and experience to project manage the ticket office?

Offline loveisreal

• manloveisrealtoo. Takin' Bascombe to taskombe.
  • Kopite
« Reply #306 on: September 16, 2021, 08:42:39 am »
cant have been more than ten minutes in the queue for turnstile B in the kop yesterday from about 7:20pm ish.  nothing like as long queues for the main stand entrances either as was the case for chelsea at a similar time from what i could see.  feels like things are improving.

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #307 on: September 16, 2021, 08:50:06 am »
Queues were still pretty horrendous but I'd still say it was an improvement on the last few games, this was for entrance S to the main stand upper. More stewards taking control and instructing. Feel like they might have messed with the scanners and upped the sensitivity as it flashed green before I'd got my phone anywhere near it felt like.

Smaller bars were open too so queues for beer not as bad but still not great. By half time the staff had broken all those Carlsberg taps that fill from the bottom so had to have a can of Tetley that I thought was just a type of tea until tonight.

If this NFC thing needs to be introduced for next season I'm surprised they didn't try a softer roll out and make it voluntary for the beginning and still let people use their cards, then maybe mandatory for a few and eventually roll it out to the whole stadium instead of the shitshow of making everyone do it all at once.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: September 16, 2021, 08:51:51 am »
We arrived at the ground at 7.25 and missed kick off. Got in after 2 mins, only after they let us use Turnstile B instead of C. They only let us go to B at kick off. Extremely frustrating. My NFC worked instantly again (iPhone). My brother's (Android) didn't and he had to switch to the barcode. He's used the barcode previously and not had issues. 

There were still maybe 200 people outside when we got in, I reckon (at C, D and the TO)
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #309 on: September 16, 2021, 09:34:24 am »
So had no issues getting into the main stand in the league games, phone on the reader and straight in. Was in the kop last night and it took several attempts for the reader to read the pass. We got there early so no queue (Kop turn style F2), but took about 1 minute for the 2 of us to get in, if the queues are big then this is an issue.

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
« Reply #310 on: September 16, 2021, 09:41:43 am »
So had no issues getting into the main stand in the league games, phone on the reader and straight in. Was in the kop last night and it took several attempts for the reader to read the pass. We got there early so no queue (Kop turn style F2), but took about 1 minute for the 2 of us to get in, if the queues are big then this is an issue.

I've had completely the opposite situation, all my league games are in the Kop but sit with the family in the main stand for cup games.  Been fine in the Kop but took ages to work last night getting into the main stand

Offline Barrowred

• Kopite
« Reply #311 on: September 16, 2021, 09:51:11 am »
Last night went a lot better for us than the two previous home games. Joined the queue for turnstile S at 7-20, was about 50 yards long but continually moving, looked at my watch when we got on to the concourse behind U3 and it was 7-34 so can't really complain at that.
With regards queue jumping, I don't think everyone means to do it at that end where you have the Annie and MS queues running parallel with each other. It's not until your almost at the turnstiles before they are partitioned off, so you can be stood in the wrong one without actually knowing. Plenty made that mistake last night but they just moved over, wasn't really an issue as the queue was moving along ok.
Didn't see any issues with NFC either, appeared to read the pass as quickly as it used to read the card for me.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: September 16, 2021, 09:56:27 am »
Got in Turnstile F at 7ish and no problems at all, no queue really

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: September 16, 2021, 10:15:39 am »
I think they should say barcode first time for everyone. Works perfectly. The reader is the thing that is inconsistent.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #314 on: September 16, 2021, 10:17:58 am »
Got to the ground late and had a 5 or 10 min wait a turnstile B. Turnstile A looked busy though and they told people to move into A. Got in right on KO.

My phone scanned by barcode straight away no issues (android), just had it ready and out of the case.

The issue seemed to be when it didn't work and there was an issue people would stand in front of the turnstile so more people couldn't get in, whilst speaking to a steward who would then invariably send them to the TO.
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline paulgil23

• Kemlynite
« Reply #315 on: September 16, 2021, 10:31:16 am »
I think the club will only start taking this seriously if people stop buying tickets, and games aren’t sold out, which isn’t going to happen any time soon.
But if the permanent solution is having to get to the ground at least an hour before kick off, I personally would reconsider renewing for next season. For midweek games arriving this early is impossible for me, as it is for lots of people.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #316 on: September 16, 2021, 10:35:42 am »
We arrived at the ground at 7.25 and missed kick off. Got in after 2 mins, only after they let us use Turnstile B instead of C. They only let us go to B at kick off. Extremely frustrating. My NFC worked instantly again (iPhone). My brother's (Android) didn't and he had to switch to the barcode. He's used the barcode previously and not had issues. 

There were still maybe 200 people outside when we got in, I reckon (at C, D and the TO)

Same here, C was horrendous until they let us use other turnstiles at KO. I was told it was because of a turnstile failure at C, where there's crazily only 2 turnstiles to begin with!

I went straight for the barcode on my Android as it seems to work fine so I will just always use that instead of even attempting the NFC.

Offline SingFongFC

• Kopite
  • L-I-V, E-R-P, Double O L, Liverpool FC
« Reply #317 on: September 16, 2021, 10:47:51 am »
Got in the queue (Turnstile Q) for Annie Road upper at just before half 7 (physically couldn’t have got there any earlier with traffic issues) and missed the first five mins of the game.

Seemed to be completely random which method of entry worked at the turnstile. I’ve previously been in the Kop and putting the pass itself in the scanner worked both times (if a little slow). This time, it didn’t work at all and had to use the QR code which only worked on the second attempt.

A few mins before ko, stewards started advising people to run round the back to get to turnstile M instead, that seemed to be the only ‘plan b’ in operation. Surely it’s better to start advising people to do that much earlier rather than let queues build up to a level so they are way past where the LFC TV studio is??

Offline Ginieus

• Main Stander
  • Chilled out entertainer
« Reply #318 on: September 16, 2021, 11:11:14 am »
My android phone isn't updating to show the Palace game still.

Tried to remove membership and add back on multiple times with no joy. Tried to download it from chrome and IE too. Will do the phone on and off as mentioned above. Let's see if that works...

Offline Ginieus

• Main Stander
  • Chilled out entertainer
« Reply #319 on: September 16, 2021, 11:34:36 am »
On and off didn't work