Author Topic: Accommodation in Liverpool in May  (Read 5964 times)

Offline Styf

• Lyttle Fyngers
  • Anny Roader
  • You can't buy atmosphere
Accommodation in Liverpool in May
« on: April 25, 2018, 08:37:50 pm »
Hi

I'm in Liverpool from friday 25th may to monday 28th may, when we hopefully reach the Champions League Finale. Can anyone tell me why pretty much every hotel in the city centre are fully booked? Are there any kind of event in the city, that I have missed? It's even harder to find a room than when Liverpool actually play in the city, and normally it's not a problem to get a hotel in the city centre after the season have finished. I was wondering if any of you got any tips for acommendation on these dates in the city centre for a decent price?

Thanks in advance

« Last Edit: April 30, 2018, 10:48:11 pm by Alan_X »
BOUNCEBACKABILITY

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
Re: Acommendation in Liverpool in may
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2018, 08:54:15 pm »
The welcome home celebration tour ;)

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2018, 08:55:46 pm »

Offline Styf

• Lyttle Fyngers
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2018, 07:15:47 am »
Undortunately it’s already booked. Other  options?
BOUNCEBACKABILITY

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2018, 08:01:18 am »
Bank holiday weekend and half term too.

Offline Yozza1

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2018, 09:36:21 am »
Try Airbnb

Offline Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2018, 09:55:51 am »

Try a bit out of town or Wirral.  Liverpool City Centre easily accessible from Wirral as it's on the Merseryrail network and also have plenty of buses that go to the City Centre.
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: April 26, 2018, 10:38:06 am »
Try Airbnb
This. Mate stayed in Groes Road by Garston park the other week. Boss transport links and a stagger hame from the Mariners on St Mary's Road.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2018, 10:38:42 am »
Do you need us to wipe your arse too?
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2018, 10:45:46 am »
have you tried the Embassie on Falkner Square?

http://embassie.com/

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2018, 10:54:03 am »

Does this service come with a room?

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2018, 11:27:06 am »

He's not Royalty.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Styf

• Lyttle Fyngers
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2018, 11:42:45 am »
This. Mate stayed in Groes Road by Garston park the other week. Boss transport links and a stagger hame from the Mariners on St Mary's Road.
I have tried AirBnB as well.
Sorry. I just thought the lot on here who lived in the city knew some places I didn't.
BOUNCEBACKABILITY

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2018, 11:45:01 am »
I have tried AirBnB as well.Sorry. I just thought the lot on here who lived in the city knew some places I didn't.

Maybe try and be a bit more polite?

Have you, as i suggested earlier, tried Wirral? or a bit out of town?  Transport links are decent.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2018, 11:46:21 am »
Sorry. I just thought the lot on here who lived in the city knew some places I didn't.

In general, I think that is a misconception, because if you live somewhere, you don't need a hotel there.

Do you have to stay in the city centre? As said above, I'd try on the Wirral, or even out to Chester and Southport.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Styf

• Lyttle Fyngers
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2018, 01:13:10 pm »

Have you, as i suggested earlier, tried Wirral? or a bit out of town?  Transport links are decent.
I'm trying to sort something out in the Wirral. I didn't mean to be rude. Sorry for language barrier.
BOUNCEBACKABILITY

Offline Shazz

• Boutros Boutros Shazz, negotiator of world peace. Got the hump. Looking forward to 1,500 pennies from 24/7.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Happy Hump Day
http://www.voteswap.org/     

Get them out!

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2018, 01:22:02 pm »

Wool  ;)

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2018, 01:51:50 pm »

In general, I think that is a misconception, because if you live somewhere, you don't need a hotel there.

Do you have to stay in the city centre? As said above, I'd try on the Wirral, or even out to Chester and Southport.

In Southport you've got the Prince of Wales, Scarisbrick the Vincent and the Bold on Lord Street, The Royal Clifton and Ramada Plaza on the Promenade, and then guest houses dotted about round Bold Street. All a few minutes walk from the station with Merseyrail trains into Liverpool, its about 40 minutes on the train. Its also about 10 minutes to Formby where Klopp lives.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2018, 01:53:04 pm »
You'll be able to find closer than Southport.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2018, 01:58:49 pm »
Hi

I'm in Liverpool from friday 25th may to monday 28th may, when we hopefully reach the Champions League Finale. Can anyone tell me why pretty much every hotel in the city centre are fully booked? Are there any kind of event in the city, that I have missed? It's even harder to find a room than when Liverpool actually play in the city, and normally it's not a problem to get a hotel in the city centre after the season have finished. I was wondering if any of you got any tips for acommendation on these dates in the city centre for a decent price?

Thanks in advance

Try some different sites.. seems like hotels.com doesn't have much available and very steep pricing.

I just tried a norwegian site, and it led me to www.amoma.com.  Atlantic tower for roughly 400 pounds for the three nights is not too bad
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2018, 02:01:06 pm »
The Travel Lodge at Stonedale Park seems to have some rooms left - £229 for 3 nights, and the one at Bromborough does for £212.

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Millie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2018, 02:34:42 pm »
I'm trying to sort something out in the Wirral. I didn't mean to be rude. Sorry for language barrier.
https://www.premierinn.com/gb/en/hotels/england/merseyside/wirral/wirral-greasby.html?INNID=WIRTWE&ARRdd=25&ARRmm=05&ARRyyyy=2018&NIGHTS=3&ROOMS=1&ADULT1=2&CHILD1=0&COT1=0&INTTYP1=DB&SID=4&ISH=true&BRAND=PI

This is available for your dates.  Bus stop over the road with buses going to Liverpool City Centre every 10 mins or so.

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2018, 03:34:13 pm »
Haven't checked their availability, but I stayed at Roscoe House and it was really nice. Very good price, relatively central, no-frills, but still quaint and charming.

https://www.facebook.com/Roscoe-House-373297165552/
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2018, 03:55:36 pm »
Probably something to do with the final if we get there. Also there’s a ufc right on the Sunday at the echo arena. Southport is a good shout, or near the airport, a short bus hop away from the centre?
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #26 on: April 26, 2018, 03:59:50 pm »
I cant tell if the title of this thread is clever or just shite spelling ;D ;D ;D

Offline telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #27 on: April 26, 2018, 04:26:03 pm »
I cant tell if the title of this thread is clever or just shite spelling ;D ;D ;D

Since May is not capitalized I'd go with the latter.  ;D
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: April 26, 2018, 04:43:46 pm »
You'll be able to find closer than Southport.

I'd expect so, but seeing as I know the place having lived there, I thought I'd chuck some info up, seeing as the post above me mentioned it. They could always visit the fair and take a walk along the pier and see if they can find the sea.  ;)

Offline L8Craig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: April 27, 2018, 08:09:20 am »
11,000 from around the country going to the UFC and i'd guess a few thousand will be in town if we do get to the final.
Plenty of private rooms on Air BnB if you get desperate. Quite cheap.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2018, 08:12:36 am »
I'd expect so, but seeing as I know the place having lived there, I thought I'd chuck some info up, seeing as the post above me mentioned it. They could always visit the fair and take a walk along the pier and see if they can find the sea.  ;)

Brought up around that way too mate and wouldn't recommend it to anyone  ;D

Fair isn't really there anymore either. It's basically just charity shops.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2018, 08:14:14 am »
Booked two rooms for four of us the other night in case we don't get tickets for the match with free cancellations but the rooms were being booked up like crazy. Booking.com was very popular that night but don't know the situation today.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2018, 08:23:34 am »
Brought up around that way too mate and wouldn't recommend it to anyone  ;D

Fair isn't really there anymore either. It's basically just charity shops.

Stepdad still lives there so go back now and again. Yeah the fair is crap now, although my kids like it. The front has been done nice though.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
Re: Acommendation in Liverpool in May
« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2018, 10:43:56 pm »
Erm, good luck with that. There’ll be a lot of people trying to do the same thing. Airbnb might be your only hope.

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
Re: Accommodation in Liverpool in May
« Reply #34 on: May 3, 2018, 06:44:58 pm »
The Travel Lodge at Stonedale Park seems to have some rooms left - £229 for 3 nights, and the one at Bromborough does for £212.

Sorry to intrude on the thread; we're staying here on the night of the final. What's the easiest way to get into town from the hotel? Are buses regular or how much would a taxi likely cost us?

Thanks very much

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #35 on: May 3, 2018, 06:46:12 pm »
Sorry to intrude on the thread; we're staying here on the night of the final. What's the easiest way to get into town from the hotel? Are buses regular or how much would a taxi likely cost us?

Thanks very much

Which one you at - Stonedale?

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #36 on: May 3, 2018, 07:08:54 pm »
Got a nice last minute deal and will be in Liverpool from the 26th to the 29th. Where should I watch the final? Just look for a pub (early in the day) or are there any special events one could attend? What's your experience? Looked for the thread from the last final in 2007 and there were quite a few people who were disappointed and not just with the result...

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: May 3, 2018, 11:26:15 pm »
Got a nice last minute deal and will be in Liverpool from the 26th to the 29th. Where should I watch the final? Just look for a pub (early in the day) or are there any special events one could attend? What's your experience? Looked for the thread from the last final in 2007 and there were quite a few people who were disappointed and not just with the result...

Depends what you want mate? There’s loads of bars obviously that will have it on. Basically almost any boozer you could pick! It’ll be rammed early doors almost anywhere. There’s many places that will sell tickets and some will charge on the day. If you want a massive venue camp and furnace is a decent option, or concept, both large warehouse type buildings. The kop is always another option! possibly bierkeller in town is another largeish venue and very central. Wherever you go it’ll be packed!!! Small pub or large venue!!!! Just read that back and it’s not really much help. 😂
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: May 4, 2018, 06:43:44 am »
I'm sure they'll be more big screens at Anfield if you wanna watch it there.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: May 4, 2018, 09:58:39 am »

Camp and Furnace are showing it.

http://www.campandfurnace.com/events/champions-league-final/

Tickets on sale here: https://www.skiddle.com/whats-on/Liverpool/Camp-And-Furnace/Champions-League-Final-/13211214/

Going quick so be fast!
« Last Edit: May 4, 2018, 12:26:39 pm by Claire. »