Author Topic: Hull City 1 - Liverpool 0  (Read 154114 times)

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Re: Hull City 1 - Liverpool 0
« Reply #1240 on: April 29, 2015, 11:02:50 am »
If FSG keep Brendan, I can see the sense in it.
If FSG get rid of Brendan, I can see the sense in it.

I think most would agree with that....unfortunately for me i'm now pushing towards the second

Offline I-was-watching-it-on-Sky

• Jiggerer Pokerer. He was watching, he was watching, he was watching it on Sky. He was watching it on Sky!
  • Kopite
  • We return to our place as football Royalty.
« Reply #1241 on: April 29, 2015, 11:04:56 am »
Let's wait a minute. Rogers took us into the Chamions League and to a very close 2nd in the PL last season. He was our saviour then and a tactical genius. (The football Liverpool were playing was some of the most attractive football i have ever seen.) Bad start to the year this year and then after January back to 'phew our tactical genius is back again'. Now after a bad month he is being dogged again with calls for Rafa and Klopp. If i am correct, Rafa got an even harder time from the fans before he left, so wanting him back now is a bit contradictory.

We are sitting 5th and 2 semi finals to look back on. Maybe Rogers is right.... we are on par. This team lacks European experience and i am sure we will improve next year on this. We have lost Suarez and Sturridge this year and the backbone of Carra and Gerrard. A few good signings (mainly a top class striker,, midfielder and defender) and rid of the bad signings from the last few years (mainly Ballotelli, Borini, Lambert) hopefully will be enough.

Wise up and give this man a chance. He obviously has immense talent (while showing naieity as well at times). We are Liverpool Football Club. We have class.

I'm not dead set on him going, but if he left I wouldn't cry myself to sleep.

Personally I think it's a bit more than "a few good signings" which we need. Even if it were...we signed 9 players last summer and now the excuse is that it takes time to bed-in so many players to the squad. There's talk from the club about, what amounts to, a clearout of up to 10 players. So, 3 in & 10 out...I hope nobody thinks that isn't goung to be highly disruptive to the squad. Just 3 in during the summer doesn't mean a direct improvement from there on out (even if they are the 'right' 3).
Lesser Redneck Shitehawk

Offline KaiNo7

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1242 on: April 29, 2015, 11:09:00 am »
You cannot sign mentality.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1243 on: April 29, 2015, 11:09:32 am »
If FSG keep Brendan, I can see the sense in it.
If FSG get rid of Brendan, I can see the sense in it.
Agreed. Clearly Rodgers isn't a hopeless manager, so it comes down to if there really is someone much better than him out there who is willing to come to liverpool. Klopp is out of a job so we'd be foolish not to investigate that possibility buteven more foolish if we sacked Rodgers and brought in someone like Eddie Howe. If our wage structure is proving an issue to attracting top quality players as some have mentioned, its important to have a manager with that aura who will attract those players, because as much as we can debate his managerial skills, rodgers clearly isn't that man for whom top players will move clubs.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #1244 on: April 29, 2015, 11:10:17 am »
Let's wait a minute. Rogers took us into the Chamions League and to a very close 2nd in the PL last season. He was our saviour then and a tactical genius. (The football Liverpool were playing was some of the most attractive football i have ever seen.) Bad start to the year this year and then after January back to 'phew our tactical genius is back again'. Now after a bad month he is being dogged again with calls for Rafa and Klopp. If i am correct, Rafa got an even harder time from the fans before he left, so wanting him back now is a bit contradictory.

We are sitting 5th and 2 semi finals to look back on. Maybe Rogers is right.... we are on par. This team lacks European experience and i am sure we will improve next year on this. We have lost Suarez and Sturridge this year and the backbone of Carra and Gerrard. A few good signings (mainly a top class striker,, midfielder and defender) and rid of the bad signings from the last few years (mainly Ballotelli, Borini, Lambert) hopefully will be enough.

Wise up and give this man a chance. He obviously has immense talent (while showing naivety as well at times).

He has never been a tactical genius. Ever. A tactical genius doesn't get bent over by Sherwood, Pulis and Bruce, three games on the bounce, with a superior squad.

He has been here three seasons and we're still a shambles defensively. We're as bad in midfield as ever. The only peak has been when we had two world class forwards banging in a filthy amount of goals.

Our games was based around blitzing teams early on, getting the ball up to Suarez and/or Sturridge and scoring.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #1245 on: April 29, 2015, 11:10:42 am »
He was on that desert island for years and didn't lose an ounce. What were they all eating?
Small babies with a rat/blueberry jus

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1246 on: April 29, 2015, 11:11:57 am »
He has never been a tactical genius. Ever. A tactical genius doesn't get bent over by Sherwood, Pulis and Bruce, three games on the bounce, with a superior squad.

He has been here three seasons and we're still a shambles defensively. We're as bad in midfield as ever. The only peak has been when we had two world class forwards banging in a filthy amount of goals.

Our games was based around blitzing teams early on, getting the ball up to Suarez and/or Sturridge and scoring.

Exactly.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1247 on: April 29, 2015, 11:13:19 am »

Our games was based around blitzing teams early on, getting the ball up to Suarez and/or Sturridge and scoring

Grim truth.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #1248 on: April 29, 2015, 11:14:07 am »
If (IF) Klopp was interested we would be foolish not to go for him but it would have to be someone of that calibre for me, in order to get rid of Rodgers. We shouldn't make a kneejerk decision and end up changing managers just for the sake of it, it has to be right. 

Rodgers has done some very questionable things this season, his strange instance to play one or none up front is the main culprit and his unwillingness to change that whatever the situation. We obviously do not know what goes on behind the scenes but also the treatment of some players has been bizarre to say the least. Markovic being subbed at HT every other game, Manquillo vanishing from the earth, Borini/Lambert/Balotelli starting some games then never being seen for months. Not once have we started with Borini and Balotelli/Lambert, it might be shit but it cannot be worse than last night or the semi final.

Last season was built (or stumbled on) the 4-4-2 diamond, whilst we leaked more than a paper pipe we had a constant threat going forward. I cannot believe we haven't played with two up front since the Tottenham away game (our best performance of the season) and Rodgers needs to be accountable for that.

On last night's game, it was without doubt in the 5 worst performances I've seen since support Liverpool. I have been a fan since 1992 so I have seen my fair share of shit but last night was on a different level. Devoid of any passion, inspiration, ability it was horrendous viewing. I have nothing further to add because I feel as inspired to write about it as they lads wanted to play 

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #1249 on: April 29, 2015, 11:17:36 am »

But it's very easy to sell players who have it  as it adds nothing to their financial value :(
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1250 on: April 29, 2015, 11:19:55 am »
Grim truth.

Go have a dip in the Nith ya eejit  :D

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1251 on: April 29, 2015, 11:21:25 am »

Wise up and give this man a chance. He obviously has immense talent (while showing naivety as well at times).

I'm with you on all points mate.

By the way I whiled away an hour on Youtube yesterday watching highlights of some of those epic games last season. Fucking gorgeous.

• Jiggerer Pokerer. He was watching, he was watching, he was watching it on Sky. He was watching it on Sky!
  • Kopite
« Reply #1252 on: April 29, 2015, 11:23:07 am »
As I've said before...I'm not hell bent on BR going, but...

I assume that when he signed on there were both expectations laid out and promises of delivery made in reply. If he hasn't achieved according to that agreement then it's quite legit for FSG to at least review whether they want him to stay. It's not like he'd be chased out of the village by a mob with flaming torches and pitchforks...just, it's over when it's over.
Lesser Redneck Shitehawk

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #1253 on: April 29, 2015, 11:26:19 am »
The switch back to a system that failed us for so much of the season and one which we shifted from so drastically is the most disillusioning thing and perhaps the most damning although the players attitude runs it close.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline hoganballs

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1254 on: April 29, 2015, 11:27:19 am »
In my opinion Rodgers should be given another season to prove himself, people are very quick to forget last season's wonderful journey.
As well as our own poor performance, the Premiership as a whole has been piss poor this season as exemplified by the English teams abysmal results in Europe. Chelsea are the pick of a bad lot.The English teams are mediocre at best in comparsion to the Spanish teams. It's only Sky and their propaganda that have hyped up the Premiership into something it isn't.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1255 on: April 29, 2015, 11:27:53 am »
If managers like Fat Head and Pulis have got the measure of us then there is no hope. We don’t stand a chance against the Maureens and Van Garls of this world.

Utd and the other top teams will strengthen considerably in the summer and have probably already secured the signatures of some top players. 

LFC and more to the point FSG don’t seem to be at the races when it comes to transfers. It’s a major part of the game and even teams like Southampton and Spurs are learning to play the game.

John Henry is obviously no mug and after this season I sincerely hope he has learned his lesson following the departure of Suarez.   FSG like most businesses are motivated by money, Champions League means more money and success on the field means more young fans wanting to support Liverpool and not Man City, Chelsea or whoever the plastic oil money team of the time may be.

I can see more of the Russian and Arab Oil men coming in for more clubs in the future,  Southampton, West Ham, any of the London Clubs etc. and we will continue to drop down the list of desirable clubs for players to sign.

Worrying times.

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1256 on: April 29, 2015, 11:28:10 am »
Go have a dip in the Nith ya eejit  :D

Ha, it was snowing here yesterday, if I did that my plums would be up under my arms.
 :D
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1257 on: April 29, 2015, 11:29:11 am »
Grim truth.

Why is it grim?

All teams have a style of play and that one worked best for us.

If we get another potentially world class striker in, we could see the same results, so why its grim for you, it offers a bit of solace for me.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1258 on: April 29, 2015, 11:31:29 am »

By the way I whiled away an hour on Youtube yesterday watching highlights of some of those epic games last season. Fucking gorgeous.

Does it not worry you mate, that if we can't 'blitz' teams then we invariably fail miserably ?

In an ideal world we'd give him the tools to do that again, but where the fuck do we find a 50 goal partnership from, and a 'Quarterback' that can put the ball anywhere he wants ?

Serious question.

Offline leivapool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move!
« Reply #1259 on: April 29, 2015, 11:31:40 am »
Hodgson-esque,  and he didn't get 3 years and £200m+  to spend.   Terrible football,  clueless tactics,  I mean did the players even know what the system was? 
Rossiter absolutely bossed it tonight. Really believe he'll end up playing more games this season than Lucas.

Henderson won't make it here. Sorry but he won't and won't

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1260 on: April 29, 2015, 11:32:23 am »
Why is it grim?

All teams have a style of play and that one worked best for us.

If we get another potentially world class striker in, we could see the same results, so why its grim for you, it offers a bit of solace for me.

Does it not worry you mate, that if we can't 'blitz' teams then we invariably fail miserably ?

In an ideal world we'd give him the tools to do that again, but where the fuck do we find a 50 goal partnership from, and a 'Quarterback' that can put the ball anywhere he wants ?

Serious question.

• Kopite
« Reply #1261 on: April 29, 2015, 11:34:01 am »
This is supposed to be about the game last night and while Brendan has piled alot of pressure on himself by last night and under present circumstances that is going raise questions about his position, can we at least try and frame stuff in relation to last nights game.

This discussion in here is like herding cats...and it's just me you want to catch...?
Lesser Redneck Shitehawk

Online SMASHerano

• Provides nothing extra. Average poster.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool 6-1 London
« Reply #1262 on: April 29, 2015, 11:36:02 am »
Agreed. Clearly Rodgers isn't a hopeless manager, so it comes down to if there really is someone much better than him out there who is willing to come to liverpool. Klopp is out of a job so we'd be foolish not to investigate that possibility buteven more foolish if we sacked Rodgers and brought in someone like Eddie Howe. If our wage structure is proving an issue to attracting top quality players as some have mentioned, its important to have a manager with that aura who will attract those players, because as much as we can debate his managerial skills, rodgers clearly isn't that man for whom top players will move clubs.

Very true unfortunately. This won't change anytime soon as well since he hasn't won anything throughout his managerial career.

Offline PrideofBelfast

• Main Stander
« Reply #1263 on: April 29, 2015, 11:37:41 am »

Jees i know. That match against Arsenal was immense. Just watched it again.

In Brendan we trust!

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1264 on: April 29, 2015, 11:40:14 am »
This discussion in here is like herding cats...and it's just me you want to catch...?

You were the easiest target, just sat there, having a crap in the litter tray.

:D

• Kopite
« Reply #1265 on: April 29, 2015, 11:43:09 am »
making a general point to everyone. We understand there is going to be a certain amount of venting and have only loosely moderated the thread, to allow some leeway, your post just happened to be the last one I read after a series of similar ones.

"To everyone" You were only making a general point to everyone? Doing so by specifically picking up on my comment. That's interesting.

With all due respect, my I suggest that if Mod's want to use their time constructively that the finally get round to addressing my complaint to them about a a particularly abusive and aggressive posting directed at me...for which I have had not even an acknowledgement, despite having to report it for a second time.
Lesser Redneck Shitehawk

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #1266 on: April 29, 2015, 11:44:16 am »
We are sitting 5th and 2 semi finals to look back on.

I'd rather not, actually. That Villa game is best forgotten.
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline tyrolean_red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1267 on: April 29, 2015, 11:45:47 am »
I don't think anyone thought that. Everyone knows what an individual genius he is, but Brendan last season setup the team to his strengths and brought back the pressing game we were famous for in years gone by. You could see the players on the pitch shared his vision and enthusiasm and everyone rose to the occasion.

We most definitely need another world class player and strong leader in our team to hit these same heights again. Most here probably won't admit it, but our team is very average. There are only 1 or 2 players from our current squad I would keep if it meant rebuilding again (which is certainly on the cards imo)
But where has it gone? I think the squad is good, but we need someone of pure genius. One or two players to lift the whole team. The question remains, where has the pressing game gone? I admit suarez did a lot of work upfront without the ball. But theres no excuses for the rest of the team not to press. We have a sqaud of young men who should be able to run for ages. Yet our pressing games has not been seen since the start of the season. We sit deeper all the time. I dont get it. Where has it gone?
Thank you Stevie! It was a pleasure.

Offline PrideofBelfast

• Main Stander
« Reply #1268 on: April 29, 2015, 11:47:41 am »
I'd rather not, actually. That Villa game is best forgotten.

I'm talking of getting there not the performance. Any lost semi-final would be tough to look back on. I'mk not sure what people expect. Win the League or else get sacked without looking at the wider context...........teams above are moneyball teams and buy the league. Look at Pellegrini with City and looks like he will lose job and yet he took them to the league last seson and to do so they had to beat the best Liverpool team i have seen in years to do so. Madness. Again they want to buy Champions League at any cost.
In Brendan we trust!

Offline tyrolean_red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1269 on: April 29, 2015, 11:50:45 am »
he was laving for barca regardless of the bite.....and I am pretty certain that Rodgers and fsg suspected that - if not knew it - when he went off to the world cup....my recollection was waiting for confirmation after the world cup, having initially hoped that injury meant he would not play at all and THAT may put barca off (I may be wrong, but even when he signed the new contract the buy out clause was mentioned then, and there was little doubt in my mond he was off at the end of last season)
Thats the most depressing part of the story. It was clear after arsenal came sniffing luis wont be here forever. It was only a matter of time. Yet the only alternative to sanchez was balotelli acvording to our transfer comitee. I srsly dont know what these guys get paid for. I could name you about 10 players of my head who wkuld have been a better fit than mario. Its actually ridiculous.
Thank you Stevie! It was a pleasure.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #1270 on: April 29, 2015, 11:55:21 am »

I guess because you-was-there?
alf a pound of braeburns!

• Kopite
« Reply #1271 on: April 29, 2015, 11:56:09 am »
I guess because you-was-there?

Oh yes...
Lesser Redneck Shitehawk

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #1272 on: April 29, 2015, 12:01:15 pm »
I do not recall that at the time. My recollection was that most people wanted Benitez to be retained and were shocked and outraged when the club sacked him. There was even a gathering in his support at the time. Benitez was kicked out by Purslow and the then owners after he had been a thorn in their sides. Benitez had been starved of moneys to boost his team. Yes, he made some mistakes as with all managers but the poor results that season was more due to the context he and the club were in at the time.

The same for the next manager, to be honest. I get the vitriol around him but let's be fair minded here.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1273 on: April 29, 2015, 12:02:33 pm »
:(

I'm off to the Suarez thread for a cry wank.

Been there done that.

On a daily basis for the last 8 months.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline Jesse Pinkman

• Main Stander
« Reply #1274 on: April 29, 2015, 12:26:31 pm »
I'm talking of getting there not the performance. Any lost semi-final would be tough to look back on. I'mk not sure what people expect. Win the League or else get sacked without looking at the wider context...........teams above are moneyball teams and buy the league. Look at Pellegrini with City and looks like he will lose job and yet he took them to the league last seson and to do so they had to beat the best Liverpool team i have seen in years to do so. Madness. Again they want to buy Champions League at any cost.

Really? This is what it's come to now? We exist to win trophies and losing to Villa in the FA Cup and likewise to Chelsea in the League Cup Semis is nothing to shout about. Whatever extra "context" it provides is irrelevant really. Oh, we also failed to beat Beşiktaş and failed to get out of the group stage in the CL. There is no silver lining, I'm afraid. We have been utter wank this season.
On Sterling:
Were spurs not happy to pay like £7-9m for him? I'd be giving Levy a call tonight to give him an option buy.
He's so over rated its ridiculous. Every time he plays he looks completely out of his depth and has done for about 9 months now.

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #1275 on: April 29, 2015, 12:27:51 pm »
That statement must have been invented by a loser.

Moyes

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #1276 on: April 29, 2015, 12:28:44 pm »
"To everyone" You were only making a general point to everyone? Doing so by specifically picking up on my comment. That's interesting.

With all due respect, my I suggest that if Mod's want to use their time constructively that the finally get round to addressing my complaint to them about a a particularly abusive and aggressive posting directed at me...for which I have had not even an acknowledgement, despite having to report it for a second time.
Or you could stop whingeing and just get on with it.

Tis only the internet, o sensitive one.

Offline GreenLaneRed27

• Kopite
« Reply #1277 on: April 29, 2015, 12:29:07 pm »
Strange comment... You can sign players, managers and staff with the correct winning mentality

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1278 on: April 29, 2015, 12:31:47 pm »

you can...Rafa always looked for players with tough mentality,and he mentioned mentality quite often... Rodgers is interested only in "being great technician". You can find technicians all over la liga, and even in theirs secunda division,but mentality is what wins you big games, and to spot a player with tough mentality you really need to have an eye for that....mentality isn't just to shout at everything unnecessarily like Lovren,but it's more than that
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 12:35:05 pm by Mamadou »
" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #1279 on: April 29, 2015, 12:32:57 pm »
Bollocks you can't!

We should concentrate solely on signing Germans and loons from South America this summer!