Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Not sure why but I’m not feeling especially confident in anything about the club right now. New structure. New coach. Same squad. Something just feels off. Klopp leaving is obviously a big negative to overcome. But there’s just something wrong atmospherically to me. Or maybe I’m just hallucinating.

This season ending so flatly now, I hope it doesn’t carry into the next one.

It's the 3rd time in 4 seasons we've got stuck in a rut, January 2021 we were top of the league and collapsed for 2-3 months down to mid table before recovering for top 4 with a late run of wins. Last season we were poor from August to March but really bottomed out in Jan and Feb, when everything was hopeless. We recovered well to at least get Europa and could have nicked top 4.

Jurgen did well to recover from 20/21 with the success of 21/22 and the poor last season to have us challenging again, but we need a refresh through the club. Jurgen knows he needs the break and some more changes on the pitch.

General Football and Sport / Re: Bundesliga Thread
« Last post by Boston Bosox on Today at 06:27:08 pm »
Penalty Koln In Added Time

1-1
Chelsea bought him and he cost about £90m but yeah carry on

That season we bought Jota in attack, fucking criminally negligent move by recruitment ay
It does smack of cronyism, but that exists everywhere on some level. I've benefitted from it previously, in finance, as people want to work with people they know and trust. Then you get massive multinationals like BMS, Nvidia etc, that interview externally but generally they end up making an internal appointment.

Bournemouth just recorded their highest Premiership points total with a team and manager Hughes helped build, I think cronyism is a bit harsh, he’s clearly a talented guy.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by Eeyore on Today at 06:25:06 pm »
This is another type of mental gymnastics as well lol. You're making it up as if because we have 5 starting forwards so Nunez doesn't get a large share of minutes, and that he would keep up his scoring rate if he were played more. But the reality is he had been dropped from the starting lineup from time to time due to bad form, and a few injuries as well.

If we're going by your logic then Origi had a goal every 160 minutes in his ENTIRE Liverpool career. Why did we let him go for free when he was entering the prime age for a striker and spent 80 mil on a downgrade lol?

He has been dropped from the starting lineup precisely because we have such good options. Bar Salah our forwards also tend to get hooked precisely because we have such good options.
General Football and Sport / Re: Premier League Fixtures 27th - 28th April
« Last post by Legs on Today at 06:24:31 pm »
I actually think they are set with Havertz as the false 9. He has been a game changer for them since the change in January. Presses effectively from the front, immaculate first touch and link-up play is elite. He knits their attack perfectly. The best comparison to a Firmino you will see.

Sums up how lazy our recruitment had gotten that we didn't see his performances as a false 9 for Leverkusen, and sign him up as a long term replacement for Firmino.

If I was Arteta, I would be looking for the elite attacker down the left rather than in the 9 position. They need to find a Salah/Mane from the left who will chip in with 15+ league goals.

Chelsea bought him and he cost about £90m but yeah carry on
Alan Smith's bitter commentary over the replay of Haaland's goal was genuinely hilarious there, fair play. Have to grip onto the small wins in football these last few weeks.

Suck it up Alan ya big nosed twat!!!
« Last post by Andar on Today at 06:24:14 pm »
These are from today. We are not playing today.

Why slag off our players in this thread?

I guess I'm letting out frustration at the predicament we have in that position ahead of next season and beyond.
Erling's dad looks normal. I wonder if their mailman was a pigman.

:D
« Last post by Legs on Today at 06:22:17 pm »
Alan Smith's bitter commentary over the replay of Haaland's goal was genuinely hilarious there, fair play. Have to grip onto the small wins in football these last few weeks.

Yeah he has been willing Forest on all game desperate for Forest to score.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10