Author Topic: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here  (Read 2514466 times)

Offline koppitemk

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here
« Reply #1760 on: July 25, 2015, 12:43:33 pm »
Re the extended kop over the road, the seats wouldn't be any further back as the road/ tunnel would be positioned right towards the back of the stand. Just envisage extended single tier kop as is, just going up further. As we would all like to see, more kop seats, more accessibility  to core fans. The Albert could even be incorporated into the corner or rebuilt as exact 100 yards to side on the available plot

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1761 on: July 25, 2015, 12:46:30 pm »
Re the extended kop over the road, the seats wouldn't be any further back as the road/ tunnel would be positioned right towards the back of the stand. Just envisage extended single tier kop as is, just going up further. As we would all like to see, more kop seats, more accessibility  to core fans. The Albert could even be incorporated into the corner or rebuilt as exact 100 yards to side on the available plot

They would be further back because it's a single tier stand, and as you put more rows at the back to make them further and further from the pitch (when they are already a fair way away).

Plus incorporating it or rebuilding it the same isn't keeping it's history, it's either changing it massively or building a fake recreation.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1762 on: July 25, 2015, 12:50:03 pm »

Thing I've noticed about the build, is the depth of the stand, Its a width of a pitch wide itself. Our kid (who's involved council side) told me the hip would be big, but fuck me, al in all, that's the virtually 2/3rds of the width of the entire ground.

Same here, the sheer depth of the stand is mind-blowing - more room for people to spend their money I suppose.

Personally I think FSG are doing a great job with the club.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1763 on: July 25, 2015, 01:02:19 pm »
The interesting thing is with the club store and a lot of other areas moving to the new Main, what will happen with all the space left in the Kop?

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1764 on: July 25, 2015, 01:22:24 pm »
That's not easy. Extending over the road would make the new seats miles from the pitch and unless you created a two tier stand, they'd have shit views. The Kop would no longer be the Kop, just another stand. The way to go for extra, cheap capacity on the Kop is safe standing but there are reasons why that won't happen anytime soon. Also the Albert has been kept for heritage reasons - just smashing it down would be a shame. And the future development is for the area, but the club. The area is not just about the club - demolishing churches and historic pubs and blocking the views along residential streets would be a massive 'fuck off' to the area.

I think if it ever gets done it has to be single tiered, two tiers isn't an option for me. And agree about the Albert, although there may be ways of incorporating it, moving it brick by brick etc.

Out of interest, do you know what the maximum distance could be to the back of a single tiered stand? (I understand your point about shit views, but if you weren't paying much it wouldn't matter so much. I didn't see a lot in the 80's when I was 15 and getting thrown all over the place!)

I do think a lot about a ground where people could walk up for 15-20 quid on a Saturday for the Kop. It's not in keeping with modern football at all, but it'd be great for Liverpool to do something a bit different. Can't see it with FSG though, they're running a tight financial ship. Maybe with some other investment, part fan funding or different owners they'd look at it differently.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 01:24:36 pm by The Lord Admiral »

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #1765 on: July 25, 2015, 01:39:28 pm »
So what's going on behind the Kop/Centenary over at Kemp Avenue then? What's that being cleared for?
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1766 on: July 25, 2015, 01:51:07 pm »
So what's going on behind the Kop/Centenary over at Kemp Avenue then? What's that being cleared for?
I'd imagine housing?

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1767 on: July 25, 2015, 01:54:45 pm »
I have a request (ok, an evil request) for one of you locals. Can you take a pic from the neighborhood near Goodison that shows Everton's stadium with our new big fuck off construction in the background? Is it possible to get that angle from somewhere?

It would make for a nice :moon to our blue friends.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1768 on: July 25, 2015, 02:14:14 pm »
I have a request (ok, an evil request) for one of you locals. Can you take a pic from the neighborhood near Goodison that shows Everton's stadium with our new big fuck off construction in the background? Is it possible to get that angle from somewhere?

It would make for a nice :moon to our blue friends.

You can't get it from their side, it's on a hill and the park is in the way.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1769 on: July 25, 2015, 02:49:26 pm »
I think if it ever gets done it has to be single tiered, two tiers isn't an option for me. And agree about the Albert, although there may be ways of incorporating it, moving it brick by brick etc.

Out of interest, do you know what the maximum distance could be to the back of a single tiered stand? (I understand your point about shit views, but if you weren't paying much it wouldn't matter so much. I didn't see a lot in the 80's when I was 15 and getting thrown all over the place!)

I do think a lot about a ground where people could walk up for 15-20 quid on a Saturday for the Kop. It's not in keeping with modern football at all, but it'd be great for Liverpool to do something a bit different. Can't see it with FSG though, they're running a tight financial ship. Maybe with some other investment, part fan funding or different owners they'd look at it differently.

Optimum viewing distance is 90m from the centre circle and maximum recommended is 190m from the furthest corner flag. A quick overlay of the recommended and maximum viewing distances onto a plan of Anfield shows that basically anything beyond Walton Breck Road would be way beyond the maximum viewing distance. Because it's a single tier it's very deep on plan and has a relatively shallow rake.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1770 on: July 25, 2015, 03:15:20 pm »
Optimum viewing distance is 90m from the centre circle and maximum recommended is 190m from the furthest corner flag. A quick overlay of the recommended and maximum viewing distances onto a plan of Anfield shows that basically anything beyond Walton Breck Road would be way beyond the maximum viewing distance. Because it's a single tier it's very deep on plan and has a relatively shallow rake.
They should of sent those recommended distances to the geezer who designed the stand for the away end at Newcastle!

I usually make base camp 1 at about flight 6 or 7 when am there.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #1771 on: July 25, 2015, 03:16:53 pm »
I don’t quite get this obsession to extend the Kop. I’m assuming people will think it will make it louder. The emphasis should be more on getting the right people in there at the moment the size it is, ie supportive, young, loud, groups of mates next to each other etc. If you stuck another 5000 seats on right now the only thing that would change is the decibel levels of the collective groaning.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1772 on: July 25, 2015, 03:17:37 pm »
I don’t quite get this obsession to extend the Kop. I’m assuming people will think it will make it louder. The emphasis should be more on getting the right people in there at the moment the size it is, ie supportive, young, loud, groups of mates next to each other etc. If you stuck another 5000 seats on right now the only thing that would change is the decibel levels of the collective groaning.

Exactly.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1773 on: July 25, 2015, 03:23:53 pm »
You can't get it from their side, it's on a hill and the park is in the way.
Thanks for the clarification Claire. :wave

They built a hill and a park just so they can't see Anfield? I knew they were bitter but that's a bit much. ;) ;D
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #1774 on: July 25, 2015, 03:49:10 pm »
Interesting picture, thanks for that. Just eyeballing it, but is the back of the new stand at the very of the 190m point, with the corners going a little beyond?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline MarkR

• Main Stander
« Reply #1775 on: July 25, 2015, 03:53:59 pm »
So is it locked in place now or are the cranes still taking the load (testing for distortion etc)??

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1776 on: July 25, 2015, 03:57:45 pm »
So is it locked in place now or are the cranes still taking the load (testing for distortion etc)??
They're there for the following days waves of bitterness and jealously sweeping in from a North Westerly direction.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1777 on: July 25, 2015, 03:58:04 pm »
Interesting picture, thanks for that. Just eyeballing it, but is the back of the new stand at the very of the 190m point, with the corners going a little beyond?

Roughly done...

Offline annieroader

• Kopite
  • with a liver bird upon my chest
« Reply #1778 on: July 25, 2015, 04:17:05 pm »
The interesting thing is with the club store and a lot of other areas moving to the new Main, what will happen with all the space left in the Kop?
Club store staying where it is mate but will be a superstore in the new stand ;)
Scouse an proud.
Liverpool fc is my life.
My second home is where i sleep.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1779 on: July 25, 2015, 04:17:41 pm »
Club store staying where it is mate but will be a superstore in the new stand ;)

2 stores?

Offline annieroader

• Kopite
  • with a liver bird upon my chest
« Reply #1780 on: July 25, 2015, 04:20:03 pm »
Yeah mate as big one will open weekends of match days keeping the one we have now open all the time ;)
Scouse an proud.
Liverpool fc is my life.
My second home is where i sleep.

Online Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #1781 on: July 25, 2015, 05:35:58 pm »
Roughly done...
thanks Craig. The mrs is right, I do think things are bigger than they actually are.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1782 on: July 25, 2015, 05:55:59 pm »
No. It would have messed up the sight lines from the Kop and Centenary Stand.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1783 on: July 25, 2015, 06:08:31 pm »
Was there or could there have been an attempt to widen the Anfield pitch alongside the rebuild? Anfield is currently 110 x 75 yards maximum and the rules state 130 x 100  is the maximum, so I was wondering whether they may have attempted to widen/lengthen the pitch during the redevelopment in either phase one or two if it's at all possible.

PL rules state pitches should measure 105m long by 68m wide, which is 115 yards by 75 yards, so we're about 5 yards off the total length which is hardly anything.

UEFA rules state the same, however allow a min of 100m due to stadium construction.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1784 on: July 25, 2015, 06:27:43 pm »

I like the idea of extending the kop and having cars drive through a built in tunnel. In reality I'm sure there's a billion reasons why that wouldn't work but it paints a brilliant picture.
Probably get loads of bitters parked up in there during every match so they can hoot like mad if we get a pen at the Kop end.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1785 on: July 25, 2015, 06:40:08 pm »
Question for the architects etc.

How come our roof structure is so significantly different from Old Trafford and St James'? Is it just for uniformity with the other stands? or is it because our stands are all individual structures?

Is it merely a design feature (aesthetics) or is it a structural thing?

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1786 on: July 25, 2015, 06:40:36 pm »
Fucking comical personal digs in this thread because FSG won't give us free money.

I like the idea of extending the kop and having cars drive through a built in tunnel. In reality I'm sure there's a billion reasons why that wouldn't work but it paints a brilliant picture.

Utd looked into doing something similar to extend their ground over a Railway line, even looked at rerouting the line as well.
Both ideas were cost prohibitive.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1787 on: July 25, 2015, 06:42:57 pm »
Utd looked into doing something similar to extend their ground over a Railway line, even looked at rerouting the line as well.
Both ideas were cost prohibitive.

What annoys me is why the club can't buy everyone out of their homes within a ten mile radius and build the biggest stadium in the world. Bigger than the one in space jam with Michael Jordan! It's like they don't fucking care about us, isn't it?

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
« Reply #1788 on: July 25, 2015, 07:07:38 pm »
well they have taken down the lifting frames so she is free standing and from what i could see there clearing the truss resting platforms off the podium.

When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1789 on: July 25, 2015, 07:18:18 pm »
It's not the opinion, which everyone would agree with in theory, it's the personal digs at another poster.

Of course it would be great if our owners would donate £100 million or more to add another 15,000 seats from the goodness of their hearts. But when has that ever happened anywhere? Some of the German clubs benefited from government money when they've hosted the World Cup but no German club has built a stadium to lose money.

what are you talking about losing money, this is short term thinking on your behalf.
if you think Newcastle should have a bigger capacity than us with half the fan base, then fair enough,
what about Sunderland  FFS.
look if the anfield rd get done our ground will be sound, a traditional football stadium with 4 unique stands.
that's great.
but don't be brainwash that it couldn't of been bigger and don't dismiss anyone who thinks so.           

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1790 on: July 25, 2015, 07:21:42 pm »

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1791 on: July 25, 2015, 07:25:00 pm »
What annoys me is why the club can't buy everyone out of their homes within a ten mile radius and build the biggest stadium in the world. Bigger than the one in space jam with Michael Jordan! It's like they don't fucking care about us, isn't it?

I know.

I'm not sure whether to blame Brendan, or FSG ?

Life throws you a shit sandwich every now and then, might just spin my 'Wheel of Doom' in the garage and see who deserves to eat this one.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1792 on: July 25, 2015, 07:25:31 pm »

Imagine that!!  Woodison would be part of our stadium complex - we could rent it to Everton at a reasonable fee ;-)
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1793 on: July 25, 2015, 07:26:31 pm »
what are you talking about losing money, this is short term thinking on your behalf.
if you think Newcastle should have a bigger capacity than us with half the fan base, then fair enough,
what about Sunderland  FFS.
look if the anfield rd get done our ground will be sound, a traditional football stadium with 4 unique stands.
that's great.
but don't be brainwash that it couldn't of been bigger and don't dismiss anyone who thinks so.           
Stop talking shite, then.

Newcastle, Sunderland... What on earth are you talking about?

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1794 on: July 25, 2015, 07:32:40 pm »

They are ridiculous comparisons too because Newcastle added 16k to their capacity in 1998 at a cost of £65m (half of this new Main Stand) and Sunderland built their stadium in 1997 at a cost of £23m (we were most recently looking at a new 60k stadium for £350m).

That's not even to mention Sunderland's stadium is only 49k, which will be 5k less than when the new Main opens, and 10k less than when the Anny Rd is done.

Comparing now to 15-20 years ago construction wise is like comparing now to 50 years ago. The costs are just ridiculously high.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1795 on: July 25, 2015, 07:34:25 pm »
Now, now boys and girls. Play nice or I'll go and tell a grown up.

Does anyone know if there will be lifts in the new stand for the disabled, elderly and disabledly pissed?

Offline Rome-77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1796 on: July 25, 2015, 07:34:27 pm »

the sizes of their grounds in comparison  with their fan bases,
just making a point 

Offline Rome-77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1797 on: July 25, 2015, 07:36:35 pm »
They are ridiculous comparisons too because Newcastle added 16k to their capacity in 1998 at a cost of £65m (half of this new Main Stand) and Sunderland built their stadium in 1997 at a cost of £23m (we were most recently looking at a new 60k stadium for £350m).

That's not even to mention Sunderland's stadium is only 49k, which will be 5k less than when the new Main opens, and 10k less than when the Anny Rd is done.

Comparing now to 15-20 years ago construction wise is like comparing now to 50 years ago. The costs are just ridiculously high.

and what was the ticket prices at the time, Craig

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1798 on: July 25, 2015, 07:40:54 pm »
the sizes of their grounds in comparison  with their fan bases,
just making a point

I'll use Utd as my example, simply because I'm more than familiar with the area around Manchester.

They have a capacity ~76k.

Fantastic transport links, sit right on a crossroads of the M6/M62/M60. Trains right to the ground, and parking for 15,000 cars within a mile of the ground.

Yet on matchday they have to shut the roads around OT, and for an hour before the game, and at least an hour afterwards you can't move within a 5 mile radius.

Anfield on the other hand....

Offline Mamadou

• & Ariam. Reads RAWK in strip clubs, but does not post.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1799 on: July 25, 2015, 07:41:47 pm »
this main stand expansion is the first step... we'll probably expand to +65k in the future

" Throw me to the wolves and I will return leading the pack"