Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Over on Blue Moon they're genuinely comparing the 'miscarriage of justice' of their 115 charges to Hillsborough.

Just when you think that fanbase can't sink any lower. They are truly vile
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by mattD on Today at 11:48:58 pm »
A typically hyped up, OTT media article. They can all fuck off.

Salah has been exemplary for 7 years, becoming one of our all time top goal scorers, an integral part of our title and champions league winning teams. He is a Liverpool legend, rightly so. Yes, he was stupid yesterday, but these things happen. It’s two Liverpool legends showing frustration, because they both care. That’s the end of it.

Everyone pipe down, move on and start celebrating both Klopp AND Salah for what they’ve done for us.

You know if he was English he’d be praised for how ‘pash-er-nate’ he is, and an exemplary to all other footballers. But he’s a dirty foreigner to these journalists so he’s ‘petulant’.

Dirty Manc Guardian as bad as the tabloids (p.s. don’t get me started on Barney Ronay’s sportswashing aka paid Abu Dhabi shill gig in the same paper).
From the Guardian:

full article:  https://www.theguardian.com/business/2024/apr/28/thames-water-collapse-borrowing-whitehall-uk-finances-bonds-liz-truss

Basically the UK economy is in a position not too dissimilar to Everton.

The country is absolutely fucked, how can it be that the economy and public finances are in such a state that the bankruptcy of Thames Water could have this kind of an impact, there’s literally no resilience in anything if this is the impact of nationalising Thames Water. At least 2008 was a global issue involving opaque financial instruments, this is a fucking water company FFS
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by danm77 on Today at 11:28:51 pm »
Liverpool can help Arne Slot by selling petulant Mohamed Salah this summer

Ugly row with Jürgen Klopp on the London Stadium touchline shows the Egyptian’s focus has waned

Sun 28 Apr 2024 11.27 BST

When it comes to picking one image to symbolise the end of an era at Liverpool, Jürgen Klopp’s quarrel with Mohamed Salah on the London Stadium touchline will take some beating. This is what happens when power slips away. This, sadly, is the way that it ends.

We will have to speculate about the specific reason behind the row that grabbed the attention after Liverpool’s deflating 2-2 draw with West Ham on Saturday. West Ham’s equaliser had arrived before Klopp, who had been waiting to make a triple substitution, was able to introduce Salah, Darwin Núñez and Joe Gomez. The manager seemed miffed and appeared to admonish Salah, whose angry response made it very clear that he had zero interest in listening to any criticism.

It was quite the scene. Salah clearly did not regard Klopp as a figure of authority. Instead of holding back, the Egyptian had to be held back by two of his teammates. Later, as he made his way out of the stadium and walked past reporters, he declined interview requests and said there would be “fire” if he stopped to speak.

Say no more, Mo. We get it. Klopp had tried to play the incident down during his post-match press conference, but Salah lit the fuse. The Egyptian winger was hardly acting as the model of diplomacy, even if his remark was delivered in a jokey way. Far more preferable would have been Salah providing the same kind of spark on the pitch during a spell that has seen Liverpool’s season go up in smoke.

It was not supposed to go this way when Klopp announced that he was leaving. Liverpool won the League Cup final and targeted a quadruple. But something shifted when they went out of the FA Cup to Manchester United last month. The physical and mental challenge was too much. Defensive flaws were exposed during the Europa League quarter-final defeat to Atalanta, the attack malfunctioned in several winnable games and the title challenged faltered.

Salah, who has been short of sharpness since returning from the Africa Cup of Nations, could not provide the inspiration. He has 24 goals in all competitions this season – hardly a poor return – but there is a sense of a player whose powers are waning. Salah is 32. His contract expires in a year and there are suggestions that he will move to Saudi Arabia this summer. Maybe Klopp’s impending departure allowed Salah to erupt. Or maybe Salah’s impending departure allowed Salah to erupt.

Either way it would be shame if the relationship between two of the greatest figures in Liverpool’s history is broken. Salah has been the standout player of Klopp’s reign, the genius in attack, the driving force behind so many famous wins. But the mind goes back to Mr. Ferguson announcing that the 2001-02 season would be his final year at United. Uncertainty set in, motivation dipped and United lost the title to Arsenal. Ferguson had given his players an excuse to let their standards dip.

Thankfully for United, the Scot ended up staying and oversaw a new era of domination. Klopp, though, is not going to change course. He looks emotionally drained. He sounds as if he cannot wait for the season to end. It has to have an impact on the team. The mentality monsters have disappeared.

There have, of course, been shows of petulance from Salah in the past. None, though, as big as the one on Saturday. None, surely, that would have occurred if Klopp was staying. Nobody who worries about a backlash from their boss behaves like that.

But this is an unfocused team, overseen by a weary, distracted, unhappy manager. If they were on their game, Liverpool would have smashed West Ham after going 2-1 up. Instead their title challenge fizzled out in a blaze of missed chances and shoddy defending.

Salah, of course, is part of the malaise. His goals will not be easy to replace but perhaps it would help Arne Slot, who will soon be confirmed as Klopp’s replacement, if he does not have to worry about managing a player whose ego appears to have spiralled out of control next season.

Not that the rebuild will be easy. Away from Salah, questions also hang over the futures of Virgil van Dijk and Trent Alexander-Arnold. But there is another lesson that Liverpool can take from Ferguson, it is about how to deal with a disrespectful player. One or two individuals aside Ferguson always knew when someone’s race was run. He never let anyone become bigger than the club. Klopp, though, is not in a position to tame Salah.

The fear is gone. It evaporated during this most dispiriting of run-ins. Klopp does not have the stomach for it any more and his best player has smelt weakness. Looking to the future, Liverpool have to help Slot by reintroducing discipline. Klopp goes, but so does Salah.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/apr/28/liverpool-arne-slot-selling-petulant-mo-salah-this-summer?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

A typically hyped up, OTT media article. They can all fuck off.

Salah has been exemplary for 7 years, becoming one of our all time top goal scorers, an integral part of our title and champions league winning teams. He is a Liverpool legend, rightly so. Yes, he was stupid yesterday, but these things happen. It’s two Liverpool legends showing frustration, because they both care. That’s the end of it.

Everyone pipe down, move on and start celebrating both Klopp AND Salah for what they’ve done for us.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by PEG2K on Today at 11:27:43 pm »
Scott McTominay has better shooting accuracy (and an almost identical shot conversion rate) than Erling Haaland. Does that make him a better striker? No, obviously not, because shot volume is also a factor.
Let's just assume Scott plays CF for the sake of your point. How does that contradict mine though? The parts in bold are shooting stats. My point is about watching with our eyes. Surely Haaland is the better striker/finisher. If anything your point actually validates mine.
Jedi Fallen Order.

I'm in the final chapter but I can't say I've particularly enjoyed it. The story is great, the visuals are brilliant. But the gameplay is uninteresting and the combat (in my opinion) is enormously frustrating. I played for the most part on Jedi Master which was the second hardest difficulty level and just found getting through levels a slog, especially if you have to repeat the same bits over and over. I'm conscious that with practice I could get better but I just have no interest in doing so ;D Got fed up repeating a boss fight endlessly so dropped the difficulty level in the end just to see it through to the end without it taking up much mor time :lmao

Suppose fundamentally I didn't find it much fun, which when it's based on lightsaber combat and force tricks is a real shame.
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by Tonyh8su on Today at 11:20:27 pm »
Sorry Tony, I need to have a chuckle at this level of moan from you today!  ;D

Funny how quick the cheating is accepted.
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Darwin Núñez (Darwin Gabriel Núñez Ribeiro)
« Last post by JasonF on Today at 11:20:07 pm »
The problem with Jota and Nunez regardless of how xG-savvy you can be is that you can see with your fucking eyes who has better technique and who can strike a ball more cleanly therefore is the far better finisher lol.

Scott McTominay has better shooting accuracy (and an almost identical shot conversion rate) than Erling Haaland. Does that make him a better striker? No, obviously not, because shot volume is also a factor.
General Football and Sport / Re: NBA Discussion
« Last post by DiggerJohn on Today at 11:19:08 pm »
Harden rolling back the years
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10