Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3279598 times)

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man United thread. Revolution Number... 6?
« Reply #39680 on: August 14, 2022, 05:35:58 pm »
My (one) Manc mate says that ten Hag is going to switch to a back five against us.  I can't find any reliable sources reporting it but seems to be on a few fan sites.  It feels like after having spent years trying to get a tune out of Pogba they're now going to do the same with Maguire (plus his new £50m partner in crime).

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39681 on: August 14, 2022, 05:37:59 pm »
SPORTbible
@sportbible

AC Milan and Inter Milan have been offered the chance to sign Cristiano Ronaldo but both clubs have REJECTED him.

(Via @tancredipalmeri)
They will know better than most the impact he had at Juve!

When De Gea was doing his confessional yesterday and was asked about their good pre-season form I was expecting him to say "Yeah, we didn't have Ronaldo for pre-season".  As I understand it they're part of the same clique though so not likely even with the general unprofessionalism we see from them these days.

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39682 on: August 14, 2022, 05:40:28 pm »
Wow. That’s only going to increase injury risk.  They should be recovering.

I'd say they'll be okay. Doesn't use up much stamina just standing around with hands on hips looking bewildered.

I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #39683 on: August 14, 2022, 05:50:35 pm »
The Mam Utd  supporters trust has issued a statement urging supporters to hold the Glazers responsible .
It’s all gearing up for another peaceful protest at our game.
Hope the traveling fans will be safe.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #39684 on: August 14, 2022, 05:56:05 pm »
Actually i kind of like it. They have a week until the next game, nobody said they had to sprint or couldn't take breaks, its so early in the season you could look at it as an extended pre season session

you line them up, "right, you were outrun by 13k, off you go then, dont hurt yourself and you can go home whenever you're done." 30C.

the teams major problem is they are all lazy swelled heads who only run one way. You can do it in the game or you can do it in practice is exactly what they need. the proverbial kick up the ass. if not a literal one.

Plus they will break and revolt both, so its perfect.  Broken revolting angry tired prima donnas working hard at improving their craft. Nice.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #39685 on: August 14, 2022, 05:58:20 pm »
Oops, I quoted the wrong post. (Now removed).

Police and stewards should be all over this. It's a high risk fixture anyway, but the clubs and the authorities have had ample warning about planned disruption and disorder by united 'fans'. There is no excuse for letting it get out of hand this time. The Mancs should be paying for the much increased policing/security necessary.

The PL and/or police could do with having a word with Sky too. Gary Guevara cheerleading another riot from the safety of the Sky studio is not a good look, and damages the PL brand and its declining reputation further.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 06:01:22 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39686 on: August 14, 2022, 06:04:04 pm »
Oops, I quoted the wrong post. (Now removed).

Police and stewards should be all over this. It's a high risk fixture anyway, but the clubs and the authorities have had ample warning about planned disruption and disorder by united 'fans'. There is no excuse for letting it get out of hand this time. The Mancs should be paying for the much increased policing/security necessary.

The PL and/or police could do with having a word with Sky too. Gary Guevara cheerleading another riot from the safety of the Sky studio is not a good look, and damages the PL brand and its declining reputation further.
I included it in my pre-match OP draft. Misery loves company and some idiots might want to take advantage of the situation to cause mayhem.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39687 on: August 14, 2022, 06:20:19 pm »
I'd say they'll be okay. Doesn't use up much stamina just standing around with hands on hips looking bewildered.

Haha. Fair point.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #39688 on: August 14, 2022, 07:33:29 pm »
Looks like many Utd fans want our game boycotted.  If this happens our club, under no circumstance, should agree to postponement. It’s 3 points and we take the win, end of….

Should be written in football law.

If your fans get your game abandoned then it should be a 6 point deduction and your opposition awarded a 3-1 win
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39689 on: August 14, 2022, 07:38:27 pm »
Should be written in football law.

If your fans get your game abandoned then it should be a 6 point deduction and your opposition awarded a 3-1 win
I dunno, that sounds a bit... Tory.  There needs to be room within football for protesting because there's a lot of bad owners out there.  Funnily enough, there are so many worse than the Glazers but that seems bit lost on the spoilt Man U fans.

When it comes to Man U and their last protest though I agree that it should have been punished.  It wasn't and the rearranged fixture was also the victim of attempted sabotage.  Again, not punished.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39690 on: August 14, 2022, 07:49:54 pm »
I dunno, that sounds a bit... Tory.  There needs to be room within football for protesting because there's a lot of bad owners out there.  Funnily enough, there are so many worse than the Glazers but that seems bit lost on the spoilt Man U fans.

When it comes to Man U and their last protest though I agree that it should have been punished.  It wasn't and the rearranged fixture was also the victim of attempted sabotage.  Again, not punished.

I'd say forfeiting the game with a 3-0 is about right.  Nothing more. Had that happened last season, Utd's GD would've been better off.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39691 on: August 14, 2022, 07:51:02 pm »

A bit Tory ::)

You can protest whilst the game is going on.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39692 on: August 14, 2022, 07:53:27 pm »

Protest is fine, but when unruly fans force a game to be abandoned it's a whole different matter.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #39693 on: August 14, 2022, 07:56:02 pm »
Massive difference between peaceful protests/walkouts and riots
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #39694 on: August 14, 2022, 07:59:05 pm »

Can you talk me through that mate. Let's say a club is miffed and gets every other game abandoned. No big deal? Just keep re-arranging random games all through the season..? Season after season?

That sounds off it's head to me.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #39695 on: August 14, 2022, 08:09:32 pm »

I think if the fans try and abandon the game then they should definitely be punished. Best thing they could do is not turn up. That hits the owners in the pocket. If that stadium was empty for the next 10 weeks apart from away fans the owners would soon sell. Never gonna happen though.

alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39696 on: August 14, 2022, 08:25:37 pm »
Why do they want our game boycotted? They are not our biggest rivals anymore and our game against them isn't the biggest of the season. I hate to say it, but our two biggest games of the season are against City, and City's against us. Neither Liverpool or City consider Manutd a rival club. They are irrelevant and like it's been said before, City will completely take over Manchester.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #39697 on: August 14, 2022, 08:26:53 pm »
Why do they want our game boycotted? They are not our biggest rivals anymore and our game against them isn't the biggest of the season. I hate to say it, but our two biggest games of the season are against City, and City's against us. Neither Liverpool or City consider Manutd a rival club. They are irrelevant and like it's been said before, City will completely take over Manchester.

Well this is the mastermind behind the idea..

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39698 on: August 14, 2022, 08:56:32 pm »
Can you talk me through that mate. Let's say a club is miffed and gets every other game abandoned. No big deal? Just keep re-arranging random games all through the season..? Season after season?

That sounds off it's head to me.
That's a really extreme example that, as far as I'm aware, has never happened.  That's not to say it couldn't but there'd surely be increasing sanctions in that scenario.

Oldham's fans had loads of peaceful protests against their owners that were ignored.  They had multiple post-match on-pitch protests that were ignored.  Not just ignored by the owners but also by the press except for the local papers.  The fans did all the right things but everyone ignored them.  Eventually they entered the pitch during a game and sat in the centre circle - gaining national coverage.  As it happened that game wasn't abandoned as the fans were removed so it made life a bit easier for the EFL.

The Man U protest is different for me because it was largely just thuggery.  As much if not more anger was directed at us as their owners.  Carra got dogs abuse while they shook Neville's hand.  It was tribal rather than political.  Also the Glazers weren't running the club into the ground, they just weren't quite matching the spending of the sportswashers.

I just think there needs to be strongly protected rights for fans to protest and any watering down of that through overhanded black-and-white sanctions should be avoided.  Once those rights to protest in whatever form go then they never come back.

Edit:  Apologies for the Tory comment, Andy.  I know from other threads that it's very much not you and your suggestion wasn't meant that way.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 09:01:35 pm by thaddeus »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #39699 on: August 14, 2022, 09:05:07 pm »
That's a really extreme example that, as far as I'm aware, has never happened.  That's not to say it couldn't but there'd surely be increasing sanctions in that scenario.

Oldham's fans had loads of peaceful protests against their owners that were ignored.  They had multiple post-match on-pitch protests that were ignored.  Not just ignored by the owners but also by the press except for the local papers.  The fans did all the right things but everyone ignored them.  Eventually they entered the pitch during a game and sat in the centre circle - gaining national coverage.  As it happened that game wasn't abandoned as the fans were removed so it made life a bit easier for the EFL.

The Man U protest is different for me because it was largely just thuggery.  As much if not more anger was directed at us as their owners.  Carra got dogs abuse while they shook Neville's hand.  It was tribal rather than political.  Also the Glazers weren't running the club into the ground, they just weren't quite matching the spending of the sportswashers.

I just think there needs to be strongly protected rights for fans to protest and any watering down of that through overhanded black-and-white sanctions should be avoided.  Once those rights to protest in whatever form go then they never come back.

Edit:  Apologies for the Tory comment, Andy.  I know from other threads that it's very much not you and your suggestion wasn't meant that way.

No worries :)

Reading their forums, it seems a few are wanting to repeat their antics when they got the match abandoned.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39700 on: August 14, 2022, 09:08:40 pm »
My (one) Manc mate says that ten Hag is going to switch to a back five against us.  I can't find any reliable sources reporting it but seems to be on a few fan sites.  It feels like after having spent years trying to get a tune out of Pogba they're now going to do the same with Maguire (plus his new £50m partner in crime).

Maguire, Martinez and Varane in a 3? One’s got the acceleration of an aircraft carrier, one could easily be outjumped by Jay Spearing and the other will be injured inside 10 mins.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39701 on: August 14, 2022, 09:16:35 pm »
they didn't lose today if that means something

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39702 on: August 14, 2022, 09:20:16 pm »
I'd say forfeiting the game with a 3-0 is about right.  Nothing more. Had that happened last season, Utd's GD would've been better off. [\b]
:lmao

That reads like a joke, but it's fucking hilarious because it's true. It's mad even thinking that, but this is where they are at.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #39703 on: August 14, 2022, 09:23:58 pm »
To think this mob may have landed Klopp until they bored him shitless while waffling on about Mickey Mouse and Goofy.
Ah so it was because of the League Cup and Rio Ferdinand that Klopp decided not to go there?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #39704 on: August 14, 2022, 09:24:34 pm »
It was a late afternoon/early evening job and the site manager made us both a brew...
Sorry for a minute I thought that was a typo and this was going to be a story about Ole
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39705 on: August 14, 2022, 09:27:32 pm »
Just to confirm, it’s very much in their interest to try and get this postponed and extremely convenient that it’s Liverpool up next.   No effing way should the FA or liverpool allow anything other than a match forfeit.  It sets a president for other disgruntled fan bases to sabotage particular games, under the guise “unhappy with the owners”.

Forfeit and extra points taken off them as a penalty.   Which would mean they would be on a minus points total after 3 games 😂

I'm sure they won't do it, but it would be good if Klopp and the club said something about this in advance and brought up the fact that if they disrupt this game it would be a repeat offence and that united should be penalised accordingly.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39706 on: August 14, 2022, 09:29:12 pm »
I still consider them our main rivals. Rivalry has fuck all to do with where the team is currently at. The two plastic c*nt clubs and their fans as well as BT Sport and sky need to wrap their thick skulls around that. United V Liverpool is still a far bigger draw for viewing figures for obvious - and the correct - reasons. They're picking our game because they view us the same way. It should be taken as a compliment. Really, though, if their previous revolution is anything to go by, it should have taken place outside their neighbours' ground if they were really rising up against the corporate and morally bankrupt takeover of football like they claimed. Che Garvara should be pitching a tent at their front door, the c*nt.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39707 on: August 14, 2022, 09:30:08 pm »
If they want to get the match abandoned then it has nothing to do with protests. They're just shit scared of watching their team get absolutely bummed for a third straight game.

If Brentford can turn them over, they're likely pissing themselves thinking what we can do to them.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #39708 on: August 14, 2022, 09:35:56 pm »

Laughable comment.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #39709 on: August 14, 2022, 09:38:04 pm »
Just to confirm, it’s very much in their interest to try and get this postponed and extremely convenient that it’s Liverpool up next.   No effing way should the FA or liverpool allow anything other than a match forfeit.  It sets a president for other disgruntled fan bases to sabotage particular games, under the guise “unhappy with the owners”.
Yep, they'll all be Biden their time

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39710 on: August 14, 2022, 09:50:22 pm »

That's gold

:lmao
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #39711 on: August 14, 2022, 09:51:40 pm »

That’s absolute tripe though.

It dosen’t matter if we are up against Abu Dhabi 10 years in a row for a league and Man Utd are battling for Europa spots, Liverpool vs Man Utd will always be the bigger game and one of the biggest games of the season.

Man City are a small to middling English club who got bought by human rights abusers for the sole purpose of sportswashing. They will never be a rival to LFC in the purest sense of the word.

And they won’t ‘take over Manchester’ either. They don’t have the fan base, you do know they struggle to sell out games don’t you?

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #39712 on: August 14, 2022, 09:54:39 pm »

It dosen’t matter if we are up against Abu Dhabi 10 years in a row for a league and Man Utd are battling for Europa spots, Liverpool vs Man Utd will always be the bigger game and one of the biggest games of the season.

Man City are a small to middling English club who got bought by human rights abusers for the sole purpose of sportswashing. They will never be a rival to LFC in the purest sense of the word.

And they won’t ‘take over Manchester’ either. They don’t have the fan base, you do know they struggle to sell out games don’t you?

Yep, the rivalry with city will be the same as the rivalry with Chelsea, only relevant because they hit the lottery and wanted to muscle it with the giants. Everton and Utd are the only ones that matter.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39713 on: August 14, 2022, 09:55:38 pm »
It's all subjective opinion of course, but the Mancs are still our biggest rival for me.

Yes, they are currently irrelevant when it comes to fighting it out for the biggest (any?) trophies, but we are the two biggest and most successful clubs in England by miles. Also, the other two current challengers are not even real football clubs. Both have been built by sportswashers for political ends.

Of course, if we are talking about the most important games of the season purely in relation to how it affects the title race, then yes, it's the games against the sportswash from Abu Dhabi. For me at least, those games carry no prestige whatsoever though. Due to appalling mismanagement by the football authorities we, in this league, are saddled with having to play against these political entities but, as football clubs they are not our rivals.

I'll never recognise the spawn of Abu Dhabi and Putin as footballing rivals, ever. They are thieves, parasites leeching off the game. At least the Mancs spend money they earn and their success was built by a genius (Busby) and a talented gobshite (Ferguson). They've earned our rivalry. The other two abominations haven't and never will.

Abu Dhabi will never take over Manchester. Ever.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39714 on: August 14, 2022, 10:00:29 pm »
Chelsea and Abu Dhabi FC are competitors, not rivals. Abu Dhabi could win a hundred titles but will never, ever, be our rivals.

Rivalry is what they crave, as it legitimises them. It validates them. Denying them this desire is what makes them so angry and their victories so hollow.

Popcorn's Art

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #39715 on: August 14, 2022, 10:02:54 pm »
See if they actually wanted their owners out, they’d want the game called off at their own cost (I.e we get a 3-0 automatic win). But they don’t, they want it called off cos they think they’ll get battered and if it’s re-arranged they might not be quite so shit. They’re just a banter club, long may it continue.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #39716 on: August 14, 2022, 10:04:42 pm »
Shows you how lucky Ferguson was to have so many good young players come through the ranks all at once, I know he headhunted a lot of them from other clubs like Oldham and City etc but he never stopped trying to recruit the best young talent in the country yet never managed to replicate what he did with the class of 92 (or whatever their hype machine calls them). None of his successors have managed it either so there was clearly an element of luck in what happened.

The element of luck was called Howard webb
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #39717 on: August 14, 2022, 10:05:02 pm »

I don't know how anyone can be so confident about that. I agree with your assessment of Man City before they became owned by Abu Dhabi. They were a middling club. But a decade of success - however engineered - is still a decade of success. Manchester United supporters are only now waking up to the fact that their club faces an existential crisis and that they are no longer the biggest club in their own 'city'. The way they cheer on Man City whenever they play against us is a sign that they haven't fully understood what is happening to them.

It's a big game when we play Man United. But the Man City matches feel far bigger to me. More nerve-wracking, more at stake, more incredible when we win.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #39718 on: August 14, 2022, 10:07:46 pm »

No one is going to Trump that mate - nice one Lincoln that one together

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39719 on: August 14, 2022, 10:09:13 pm »
Chelsea and Abu Dhabi FC are competitors, not rivals. Abu Dhabi could win a hundred titles but will never, ever, be our rivals.

Rivalry is what they crave, as it legitimises them. It validates them. Denying them this desire is what makes them so angry and their victories so hollow.

Well this is it.

They pump billions into failed old football clubs until they are up there and mentioned in the same breath as Liverpool and Man United in England and Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern etc in Europe. The association with such prestige names is what the sportswashers hope helps legitimise them.

They aren't our rivals though. They never were when they were a football club, and they aren't now they are a political vehicle.

They only exist in current form due to gross mismanagement in football and the corruption in politics that allows it.

Football rivals? Never in a million years.