Author Topic: Steven Gerrard  (Read 220173 times)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Steven Gerrard
« Reply #800 on: May 31, 2020, 02:18:19 pm »
That’s his best one for me. I know it’s not very hipster but it’s just an absolute thunder bastard. Even without the situation it’d be his best one.

Agreed, although I think most people would have that goal as his best, or least the top 3. Like how Istanbul happened, I still cant get over how he scored that goal. I'd say his first in that game was one of his best technical strikes as well, in any other game that goal (and Cisse's) would have gone down as all time great FA Cup final goals.

His two best goals technique wise imo, were against Middlebsrough at Anfield, and against Marseille at their place.

Marseille one was great.

Another couple of great goals, technique wise were the one against Bolton on New Year's Day in 2007 and his second against Real Madrid at Anfield in 2009. It's incredible how those goals would be among the best for most players but they don't rank too high in Gerrard's case.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #801 on: May 31, 2020, 02:35:47 pm »
His back catalogue of goals must be among the greatest ever. We’ve been blessed to have a few like that with Fowler and Suarez as well. Even his first goal against Sheffield Wednesday is pretty filthy, picks it up 40 yards out, skins a couple and then tidy finish across goal.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #802 on: May 31, 2020, 02:43:10 pm »
His back catalogue of goals must be among the greatest ever. We’ve been blessed to have a few like that with Fowler and Suarez as well. Even his first goal against Sheffield Wednesday is pretty filthy, picks it up 40 yards out, skins a couple and then tidy finish across goal.

That was a nice one.

Remember Southampton at home on New Year’s Day in 00/01? Absolutely larrupped it in from 35 yards. One at Villa that season as well when Litmanen put him through. So many great ones as you say.

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #803 on: May 31, 2020, 02:44:36 pm »
They showed all his goals on LFC TV yesterday.  It was in date order, and it was on for an hour, it was showing goals from 2006. The show must of went on for another two hours at least.

He was a phenomenon, the likes of which we’ll probably never see again. Up there with any player in the history of the game.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #804 on: May 31, 2020, 03:13:57 pm »
And the goal against the bitters at Woodison was one of my favorites.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: May 31, 2020, 11:30:35 pm »
And the goal against the bitters at Woodison was one of my favorites.

I still loved the game where he got sent off inside the first ten minutes and the Bitters acted like they'd won the match, only for us to absolutely trounce them. That's probably the best non-Gerrard Gerrard game ever. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #806 on: June 1, 2020, 12:27:21 am »
I still loved the game where he got sent off inside the first ten minutes and the Bitters acted like they'd won the match, only for us to absolutely trounce them. That's probably the best non-Gerrard Gerrard game ever. ;D

Were we Gerrarding without Gerrarding?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #807 on: June 1, 2020, 12:31:41 am »
Were we Gerrarding without Gerrarding?

Pretty much, much to the Bitters' chagrin. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #808 on: June 3, 2020, 03:36:49 pm »

ha, that was great! One of the most fun games I’ve ever been too.

Wasn’t it that game when both number 8’s wore shirts with 08 on the back as a promotion for the City of Culture. There as a big fuss about it in the build up, then Gerrard gets himself sent off in minutes, and the shirt is barely seen  ;D

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #809 on: June 3, 2020, 04:47:12 pm »
That goal he scored away at Marseille is up there as one of his best goals, unbelievable technique.
yeah, remember watching that for about 10 minutes after the game, really couldn’t fathom how he did that!

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #810 on: June 26, 2020, 07:11:27 am »
You deserve a piece of this today, for everything you've done. YNWA :scarf

Champion. :champ
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #811 on: June 26, 2020, 07:43:28 am »
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/06/let-the-party-begin-steven-gerrard-congratulates-liverpool-on-the-title/

What I would have given to see him a part of this Liverpool side. He left five years ago and a fucking ton has happened since, but seeing him lift that title would have made this all so much better.

The burden of winning the league was too much for him at times, so I’m glad he can finally enjoy things as a supporter now.

(Still nowhere near ready to manage us, however)

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #812 on: June 26, 2020, 09:49:14 am »
Who knows if this was even possible without him carrying us when it was bleek. Hope you enjoyed it King Steven

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #813 on: June 26, 2020, 10:13:10 am »
https://www.thisisanfield.com/2020/06/let-the-party-begin-steven-gerrard-congratulates-liverpool-on-the-title/

What I would have given to see him a part of this Liverpool side. He left five years ago and a fucking ton has happened since, but seeing him lift that title would have made this all so much better.

The burden of winning the league was too much for him at times, so I’m glad he can finally enjoy things as a supporter now.

Was sad to read that he thinks about the slip most days. This guy owes us nothing at all. Absolute monster for us

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #814 on: June 26, 2020, 11:17:51 am »
yeah, remember watching that for about 10 minutes after the game, really couldn’t fathom how he did that!
Yeah, I don't think many out-n-out strikers would have even attempted that, let alone executed it!

It just highlights his mentality and hunger. How he visualised the strike in his brain before the ball came to him etc.
I think most players, including lil old me, would have realised the ball is slightly behind and either taken another touch to bring it in front of moved body accordingly. But a first time strike? Ya havin a laff!

Footballing genius is made up of technique AND brain.

He has/had both.

Legend.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #815 on: June 26, 2020, 11:20:11 am »
Was watching a highlight reel of his earlier this week, almost forgot how many world class goals he scored for us. That right foot was the sweetest in the league at the time. I hope he joins the trophy lift or the parade in some way, he deserves that atleast

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #816 on: June 26, 2020, 11:48:13 am »
The only thing that could have made this better would be if he had been a part of the team. Imagine a prime Gerrard in that team! I really hope he enjoyed his night
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #817 on: June 26, 2020, 11:48:41 am »
Who knows if this was even possible without him carrying us when it was bleek. Hope you enjoyed it King Steven
You're right there. Not only did he win a lot of points on his own but he would've been a big reason for the likes of Alonso, Torres, Mascherano, Suarez etc signing for us and giving us so many years. We could've been off the radar completely without him. I hope the ghosts of 13/14 can subside for him now. It was a horrible moment but I think the worst thing about it was realising that we probably wouldn't get another chance for a long time. It's why nobody talks about the Terry penalty slip; they were always at the top and were bound to get another chance to win one. A big part of the pain he'd have felt was the thought that we might never get that chance again. Now here we are, League, European and World Champions.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #818 on: June 26, 2020, 03:24:37 pm »
You're right there. Not only did he win a lot of points on his own but he would've been a big reason for the likes of Alonso, Torres, Mascherano, Suarez etc signing for us and giving us so many years. We could've been off the radar completely without him. I hope the ghosts of 13/14 can subside for him now. It was a horrible moment but I think the worst thing about it was realising that we probably wouldn't get another chance for a long time. It's why nobody talks about the Terry penalty slip; they were always at the top and were bound to get another chance to win one. A big part of the pain he'd have felt was the thought that we might never get that chance again. Now here we are, League, European and World Champions.
I prefer to think no-one talks about the Terry slip because Chelsea don't have any real rivalry with any teams and their success is all purchased, like City. Whereas we are historically a massive club with a worldwide fanbase, of course people will cherish our failures as it gives them something to hold onto.

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #819 on: June 27, 2020, 12:14:59 am »

5 years?!?!!?!   :o
Time has flown and so much has changed but I wish he could have been a part of it

Offline Akako

• Main Stander
« Reply #820 on: June 28, 2020, 05:17:18 am »
https://bbs.hupu.com/36178282.html
Steven Gerrard had a new interview on a Chinese forum talking about his career in Liverpool and England
Let’s be honest no one wants the left back's shirt

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #821 on: July 7, 2020, 01:10:46 pm »
From a reliable source down there, Gerrard is in Bristol today for talks to take over the City role from Lee Johnson.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #822 on: July 7, 2020, 01:14:43 pm »
From a reliable source down there, Gerrard is in Bristol today for talks to take over the City role from Lee Johnson.

A reliable source as in a journalist or someone on Twitter?

I'd like to see him manage down here, think he's on a bit of a hiding to nothing at Rangers.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #823 on: July 7, 2020, 01:20:16 pm »
A reliable source as in a journalist or someone on Twitter?

I'd like to see him manage down here, think he's on a bit of a hiding to nothing at Rangers.

A mate of mine who has been a season ticket holder for 40 plus years has just phoned me to say he's down there now.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #824 on: July 7, 2020, 01:24:51 pm »
 :o

What division are Bristol City in? I can't imagine Stevie managing below Championship.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #825 on: July 7, 2020, 01:26:15 pm »
:o

What division are Bristol City in? I can't imagine Stevie managing below Championship.

Championship. They actually have a decent team to have a go at the playoffs next season with a few changes and Ashley Williams being turfed out.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #826 on: July 7, 2020, 01:27:12 pm »
This feels like a really odd move for him, not convinced it's legit at all.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #827 on: July 7, 2020, 01:27:33 pm »

Didn't he sign a new contract not long ago?

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #828 on: July 7, 2020, 01:29:19 pm »
Championship would probably be an upwards move from dealing with the loons in the boardroom at Ibrox.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #829 on: July 7, 2020, 01:32:04 pm »
Has probably realised that he has no chance of toppling Celtic if this is true. I was worried that he might bee seen as a cheque book manager as he has spent a pretty penny at Rangers (I know it was needed) with the likes of Defoe who is on at least 100k a week at Bournemouth but if he being linked to a team that is pretty potless that would mean he is not seen that way

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #830 on: July 7, 2020, 01:32:53 pm »
This pic is doing the rounds. Apparently Stevie is in Bristol.  :o

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #831 on: July 7, 2020, 01:33:18 pm »
Championship. They actually have a decent team to have a go at the playoffs next season with a few changes and Ashley Williams being turfed out.

Nice one mate, was confusing it with Bristol Rovers.  ;D

Offline JP!

• Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
« Reply #832 on: July 7, 2020, 01:45:13 pm »
This pic is doing the rounds. Apparently Stevie is in Bristol.  :o

So many parts of that look...off, to say the least.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #833 on: July 7, 2020, 01:48:37 pm »
So many parts of that look...off, to say the least.

Is it the 6 fingers on the scarf?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline JP!

• Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
« Reply #834 on: July 7, 2020, 01:50:04 pm »
Hahaha.

The font, the misspelling, the dodgy screenshot and the fact that it's a dodgy screenshot of something that looks like it was taken on a potato mostly...

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #835 on: July 7, 2020, 05:51:26 pm »
Nothing in this I wouldn't have thought but Gerrard needs to succeed in England before he can be touted as Klopp's eventual successor.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #836 on: July 7, 2020, 06:17:06 pm »
Succeed in a top league, by succeed it means winning winning not Everton winning

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #837 on: July 10, 2020, 04:02:18 pm »
Liverpool team doctor Andrew Massey after having to stitch Steven Gerrard's penis back together following an FA Cup tie against Bournemouth in January 2014:

“Stevie came over to me at the end of the match and said, ‘Doc, you are going to have to have a look at this’.

“I looked down and saw blood everywhere and thought, ‘Wow, that must be really sore’.

“I was trying to think back to my medical training and nowhere in my training does it teach you how to stitch a penis.

“I thought, ‘I don’t want the first penis I’ve stitched to be Steven Gerrard’s but it was’.”

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #838 on: July 10, 2020, 09:18:44 pm »
Liverpool team doctor Andrew Massey after having to stitch Steven Gerrard's penis back together following an FA Cup tie against Bournemouth in January 2014:

“Stevie came over to me at the end of the match and said, ‘Doc, you are going to have to have a look at this’.

“I looked down and saw blood everywhere and thought, ‘Wow, that must be really sore’.

“I was trying to think back to my medical training and nowhere in my training does it teach you how to stitch a penis.

“I thought, ‘I don’t want the first penis I’ve stitched to be Steven Gerrard’s but it was’.”
is it april 1st already?

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #839 on: July 10, 2020, 11:36:31 pm »
I'll link it from here because Massey spoke to the Scottish S*n so I'm obviously not linking from that.

But apparently it's true. https://www.sportbible.com/football/news-former-doctor-reveals-he-had-to-stitch-steven-gerrards-penis-20200710