Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool, Alexis Mac Allister  (Read 210096 times)

Offline alvaro

• Legacy Fan
Re: Welcome to Liverpool, Alexis Mac Allister
« Reply #400 on: August 19, 2023, 05:59:38 pm »
Can we appeal the red?

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: August 19, 2023, 06:00:02 pm »
Can we appeal the red?

Can and will.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #402 on: August 19, 2023, 06:02:28 pm »
Can't blame him as that was never a red, shocking decision.
I assume it's only a one-game suspension though
It'll be a three match suspension unless it's overturned on appeal.

One match is for two yellows or DOGSO
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: August 19, 2023, 06:03:07 pm »
You'll see a tackle like that in the majority of games in the Premier League this season. Some will be given a yellow, others will be ignored, depending on the force of the challenge, the wider intent and how in control the player is of their body.

No chance it's red though. If the benchmark for a red is a tackle like that, where it was a clear 50/50, with both players going for the ball in equal measure without force or malice, there would be a red in most games this season.

Awful decision - one of the worst red cards I've ever witnessed. Yet, it's so obvious it won't be overturned.

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: August 19, 2023, 06:30:45 pm »
You'll see a tackle like that in the majority of games in the Premier League this season. Some will be given a yellow, others will be ignored, depending on the force of the challenge, the wider intent and how in control the player is of their body.

No chance it's red though. If the benchmark for a red is a tackle like that, where it was a clear 50/50, with both players going for the ball in equal measure without force or malice, there would be a red in most games this season.

Awful decision - one of the worst red cards I've ever witnessed. Yet, it's so obvious it won't be overturned.

Same just happened in the manc game. No yellow given.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #405 on: August 19, 2023, 06:34:09 pm »
Was worried in real time. Seen the replay and thought grand, VAR will sort that it's practically toe to toe.  :jester

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #406 on: August 19, 2023, 06:45:15 pm »
Can't blame him as that was never a red, shocking decision.
I assume it's only a one-game suspension though
Straight red, unless for denying a clear goal scoring opportunity, is a three-game ban, mate.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #407 on: August 19, 2023, 06:45:38 pm »
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: August 19, 2023, 06:48:02 pm »
Yes I didn't think it would be overturned but that means I didn't think it wasnt a joke of a decision

Farcial if we can't appeal that 3 game ban

Online UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #409 on: August 19, 2023, 06:48:17 pm »
Becoming a right of passage getting a red in your Anfield debut.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #410 on: August 19, 2023, 06:49:46 pm »
The only way it is a red is if the Ref who I thought was decent thinks he has left his foot in to do him. For me, it was barely a yellow but I never thought VAR would overturn it.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: August 19, 2023, 07:06:01 pm »
Calamitous decision. Just ridiculous.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #412 on: August 19, 2023, 07:09:56 pm »
Absolutely has to be overturned. Didn't look a red live, just had the chance to watch it back and it’s a yellow.

He was having a solid game up to then, sitting and moving it round nicely. What I will say is what I’ve said all along; he’s not a 6 and the best elements of his game are being diminished by asking him to play there. Good job Endo has come along now to release him further forward.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: August 19, 2023, 08:06:24 pm »
Never a red. He was late to the ball  but it wasn't intentional or dangerous. One of those fouls that won't be a red once we're a couple of weeks into the season.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #414 on: August 19, 2023, 08:11:02 pm »
If he'd have given just a foul, VAR wouldn't have told him to give a red. No player (on either team) on the pitch reacted like it was a red. Nobody in the crowd thought it was a red. You can tell straight away when a tackle looks a bit naughty. This wasn't one of them. Never a red.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #415 on: August 19, 2023, 08:14:07 pm »
The ref’s own reaction wasn’t even one of a red to begin with. He idly looked at it and blew as if to say ‘yeah foul, okay take your free kick.’ Then the longer he looked at the player writhing on the floor, it seemed to sway him, which is poor refereeing.

I didn’t get that ‘shit,’ heart in mouth feeling where you know something’s a bad challenge and are expecting a red, and Mac was genuinely shocked too.

Awful decision, which is a shame because aside from that, he actually had a good game, the ref.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: August 19, 2023, 08:14:54 pm »
Never a red. He was late to the ball  but it wasn't intentional or dangerous. One of those fouls that won't be a red once we're a couple of weeks into the season.
I'm still so angry, if thats a red then every team would have a player sent off this weekend.
Shocking after the one on Konate at Chelsea, the refs are either  incompetent or corrupt.

I'm absolutely sick of  Tierney and the rest of the useless c#nts.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #417 on: August 19, 2023, 08:20:11 pm »
The ref’s own reaction wasn’t even one of a red to begin with. He idly looked at it and blew as if to say ‘yeah foul, okay take your free kick.’ Then the longer he looked at the player writhing on the floor, it seemed to sway him, which is poor refereeing.

I didn’t get that ‘shit,’ heart in mouth feeling where you know something’s a bad challenge and are expecting a red, and Mac was genuinely shocked too.

Awful decision, which is a shame because aside from that, he actually had a good game, the ref.
I honestly believe at that very moment, VAR had whispered in his ears to show a straight red....
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: August 19, 2023, 08:23:22 pm »
He is definitely not a 6 in the sense he can receive the ball easily under pressure whilst facing his own goal.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: August 19, 2023, 08:23:40 pm »
Absolutely has to be overturned. Didn't look a red live, just had the chance to watch it back and it’s a yellow.

He was having a solid game up to then, sitting and moving it round nicely. What I will say is what I’ve said all along; he’s not a 6 and the best elements of his game are being diminished by asking him to play there. Good job Endo has come along now to release him further forward.

It won't be overturned, they won't overrule the referee and VAR they'll cite some technicality and that'll be that.  When I played as lad, the ref used to be the player who was too shite to make the team, reckon that's pretty apt as far as the premier league is concerned, they're all failed players who chose officiating rather than being a traffic warden, they had to find another outlet for their....issues.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #420 on: August 19, 2023, 08:24:44 pm »
Let's not forget that Mac Allister was another player who was brutally cleaned out by Pickford; same kind of foul as on Virgil. Result? No card, if I recall.

He must be wondering what the hell's going on with referees in this country
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: August 19, 2023, 08:29:19 pm »
The only way it is a red is if the Ref who I thought was decent thinks he has left his foot in to do him. For me, it was barely a yellow but I never thought VAR would overturn it.

I thought he was doing a decent job as well but that was just a terrible decision.  How the VAR didn't tell him to go to the monitor and double check it is amazing to me. 

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #422 on: August 19, 2023, 08:50:03 pm »
Not sure if anyone has seen it, but the video from the redmen TV fella (Paul Machin) on twitter makes it even worse. Fucking hilarious decision.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: August 19, 2023, 09:05:09 pm »
Not sure if anyone has seen it, but the video from the redmen TV fella (Paul Machin) on twitter makes it even worse. Fucking hilarious decision.
Just went and searched for this. It looked a yellow at a push from where I was sat, but that looks as innocuous as anything from that angle.

Offline AshbourneRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: August 19, 2023, 10:00:25 pm »
There’s been at least 3 other examples of that type of foul in the 2 later games today, 2 that were definitely far worse. Most was a yellow card, so we’ve plenty of examples to use as part of an appeal. If it’s not overturned it’ll be a disgrace as you won’t be seeing any retrospective bans for the other ones.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: August 19, 2023, 10:05:57 pm »
There’s been at least 3 other examples of that type of foul in the 2 later games today, 2 that were definitely far worse. Most was a yellow card, so we’ve plenty of examples to use as part of an appeal. If it’s not overturned it’ll be a disgrace as you won’t be seeing any retrospective bans for the other ones.
We better kick up a stink about this. Joke of a decision. We need to get our journos briefed and put some serious pressure on the powers that be.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: August 19, 2023, 10:22:07 pm »
Getting sick of seeing articles absolutely fudging it and saying, "he was late and high though". It's utter bullshit. He's not late - he's not even trying to challenge him. His foot is up to try to block the pass, and Christie just kicks into MacAllister's foot with his follow through. Anyone who has any fucking clue about football know that that isn't a dirty challenge. Not even a yellow.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: August 19, 2023, 10:25:24 pm »
Just like his father Gary. Sent off in the 2nd league game of the season...

Offline Garnier

• Legacy Fan
  • thought Brendan could tame Balotelli
« Reply #428 on: August 19, 2023, 10:30:19 pm »
You'll never see me defend the mancs but pretty sure a Spurs midfielder clattered one of their players about 7 minutes in with a challenge about a hundred times worse and if i remember correctly he didn't even get a yellow
The change is cast

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #429 on: August 19, 2023, 10:43:35 pm »
Just like his father Gary. Sent off in the 2nd league game of the season...

Forgot about that game, you are right. Gary Mac at Arsenal.

Poll sent him off for a challenge which was deemed 2 footed but later rescinded by an FA Panel.

History could well be repeated as you know when it’s a bad challenge in a professional match. The players run to the referee immediately but none did today and I thought it was a routine coming together with no bad intent.

I suspect the new referee got a whisper in his ear from var as it took him several seconds before deciding it was a red card. It’s quite possible it will be rescinded. Other clashes like this would result in many red cards if it was a set standard.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: August 19, 2023, 10:46:25 pm »
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp believes Alexis Mac Allister's red card should be rescinded, arguing his side had been "punished enough" by the dismissal.

The 24-year-old Argentina midfielder, who joined in a £35m summer move from Brighton, was sent off after 58 minutes of the 3-1 victory over Bournemouth.

Mac Allister faces a three-game suspension after he clipped the foot of Ryan Christie and was shown a red card.

"It's harsh, this shouldn't have been a red card," said Klopp.

"It's a mistake and the punishment of playing 40 minutes with 10 men is already punishment enough. We have to talk to the authorities.

"There was contact but there is contact in a game all the time. If he gives a yellow card nobody would say, 'by the way you need to have another look at that'.

"The amount of times I've already been asked about it shows it is worth discussing again, which we will probably do.

"I asked Macca and he said 'he touched him, but not really'. If we have a list of points of what you need to give a red card, besides contact there's no other box ticked."

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: August 19, 2023, 10:56:09 pm »
Christie didn't help the diving fucking fanny.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: August 19, 2023, 11:20:57 pm »
Hadn't any real idea about the challenge at the game but fuck me, caught it on MOTD, dreadful decision. Glad to hear Shearer and Lineker calling it out too.

Offline kev_goss

• Lost: Remote control puppy. Please help reunite a tearful child with his pride and joy
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Goodnight sweet girl gonna miss you
« Reply #433 on: August 19, 2023, 11:30:53 pm »
Hadn't any real idea about the challenge at the game but fuck me, caught it on MOTD, dreadful decision. Glad to hear Shearer and Lineker calling it out too.

What the pair of fucktards say?
It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the long term for both yourself and others will come.
Dalai Lama

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #434 on: August 19, 2023, 11:32:18 pm »
It’s never a red. But once again the law is applied so inconsistently, there were a couple of worse challenges in the Oil derby this evening that looked much more like possible reds and not sure whether one even got a yellow. Such a poor standard of ref we endure.

Hope the 3 match ban is reduced as he’s had a really good start for us and will already be a big miss
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: August 19, 2023, 11:46:53 pm »

What the pair of fucktards say?
Both said if was a terrible decision. They said it won't be a poor enough decision to have the red overturned though.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: August 19, 2023, 11:50:19 pm »
There isn’t a chance in hell they’ll overturn it because that would be admitting, yet again, that VAR has fucked up.

It was a shocking decision but I fully expect he’ll have to take the 3 match ban.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: August 19, 2023, 11:52:30 pm »
There isn’t a chance in hell they’ll overturn it because that would be admitting, yet again, that VAR has fucked up.

It was a shocking decision but I fully expect he’ll have to take the 3 match ban.

We lose Mac for effectively 1/10th of the PL season. Utter garbage.

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #438 on: August 20, 2023, 12:35:33 am »

And who was on VAR?? Tierney and "Elbows" .. no form with these 2 previoulsy, no sirreee Bob, nothing to see here
JFT 96

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: August 20, 2023, 12:55:27 am »
Just simply isn't a red card. If that's the bar, there'll be a sending off in every PL match this season.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."