Author Topic: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.  (Read 880573 times)

Offline Danny Boy

• Legacy Fan
Re: Anfield Road Extension - Construction work resumed on 12th September 2023.
« Reply #5520 on: March 10, 2024, 10:06:37 pm »
Massive queues outside at about 3pm

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5521 on: March 10, 2024, 10:39:26 pm »
Just me that thinks there isn't enough turnstiles to deal with people going to the upper tier ? Always long queues that move so slowly. Just feels like there isn't enough.

Been in the Upper for the FA cup games and agree.  Need to install more turnstiles in the close season.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #5522 on: March 10, 2024, 11:19:12 pm »
Just me that thinks there isn't enough turnstiles to deal with people going to the upper tier ? Always long queues that move so slowly. Just feels like there isn't enough.

Yeah was standing outside turnstile O for at least half an hour…it’s the worst.

Quite a few declined passes and one lad had an already been used.

Side note…when are the club gonna announce the exact position of our forever stones…I really can’t find mine

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5523 on: March 11, 2024, 08:42:46 am »
Fucking nightmare getting home yesterday. My last game was Villa so the upper wasn't open. Got out of the Stanley Park car park really quick, just after 6pm then took over 30 mins just to get to Goodison, Walton Lane and the Lancs were slow but moving, then hit a lot of traffic after joining the M62 from the M57, two hours to get home from Full Time - worst I've known.

Got the Sheff Utd game next, Thursday night, 7:30 K/O, kids will be fucked for school the next day ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Online 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
  • Now it's time for Jurgens men
« Reply #5524 on: March 11, 2024, 08:51:09 am »
Fucking nightmare getting home yesterday. My last game was Villa so the upper wasn't open. Got out of the Stanley Park car park really quick, just after 6pm then took over 30 mins just to get to Goodison, Walton Lane and the Lancs were slow but moving, then hit a lot of traffic after joining the M62 from the M57, two hours to get home from Full Time - worst I've known.

Got the Sheff Utd game next, Thursday night, 7:30 K/O, kids will be fucked for school the next day ;D
Was by FAR the worst I've experienced getting away from the ground took about 20 minutes to get out of utting avenue car park, wasn't on the M58 until 75 minutes after full time

And people wonder why I usually bunk off on 90 mins when we're 2-3 goals up or down

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #5525 on: March 11, 2024, 11:40:32 am »
Upper Annie queues look horrendous every week, lower by comparison are pretty much non-existent.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5526 on: March 11, 2024, 06:35:14 pm »
Was saying this queueing up yesterday, it's not like the past were every turnstile needed someone manning it to check tickets.
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5527 on: March 12, 2024, 11:34:02 am »
Is there a date set for the 'fan park' to open?

Online LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5528 on: March 12, 2024, 07:07:26 pm »
Much of the Northern Line was out of action on Sunday (including at Sandhills where the Soccerbus normally departs) so I think that more fans than normal drove to the game. Having said that I parked about 20 (walking) minutes away from the ground and got home to the Wirral faster than normal.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5529 on: March 13, 2024, 10:45:36 am »
Much of the Northern Line was out of action on Sunday (including at Sandhills where the Soccerbus normally departs) so I think that more fans than normal drove to the game. Having said that I parked about 20 (walking) minutes away from the ground and got home to the Wirral faster than normal.

Hope its not going to be the norm, going the Sheff Utd game, 7:30 pm ko on a Thursday, so would like to be home before midnight ;D
Jurgen YNWA

Online LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #5530 on: March 13, 2024, 02:57:27 pm »
Hope its not going to be the norm, going the Sheff Utd game, 7:30 pm ko on a Thursday, so would like to be home before midnight ;D
I think they only do major rail works at weekends. Getting there tomorrow will be the problem. 7:30 kick-offs for midweek games used to be the norm but they seem to create chaos on the roads these days - match traffic getting mixed with rush hour traffic. Thank goodness we've not had any of the really early Europa kick-offs. I've got vague memories of a kick-off around 6-ish when the journey took me so long that I missed the first 15 minutes of the game  :(

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5531 on: March 13, 2024, 03:02:54 pm »
I think they only do major rail works at weekends. Getting there tomorrow will be the problem. 7:30 kick-offs for midweek games used to be the norm but they seem to create chaos on the roads these days - match traffic getting mixed with rush hour traffic. Thank goodness we've not had any of the really early Europa kick-offs. I've got vague memories of a kick-off around 6-ish when the journey took me so long that I missed the first 15 minutes of the game  :(

Tomorrow will not be fun, especially if its raining.

I've got the M60 and M62 to deal with going to the game, I've found recently its better to go across past Irlam, through Warrington and join the M62 at Winwick rather than battle all that shit. I think a lot of schools are off for Easter so the traffic might be better when we play Sheff Utd
Jurgen YNWA

Online LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #5532 on: March 14, 2024, 11:00:21 am »
Tomorrow will not be fun, especially if its raining.

I've got the M60 and M62 to deal with going to the game, I've found recently its better to go across past Irlam, through Warrington and join the M62 at Winwick rather than battle all that shit. I think a lot of schools are off for Easter so the traffic might be better when we play Sheff Utd
I don't know if the statistics will back me up but there always seems to be accidents or breakdowns on a midweek match night  :( Like you I tend to take a slightly  non-direct route to the match that leaves me with the option of turning round and taking another route or hopping on the train. I hate doing the latter midweek because the night time train service is relatively poor after the match. Last time I abandoned the car, I even faced delays on the train going to the game. There should be a service every few minutes through Moorfields to Sandhills but ongoing failures of the new trains had screwed that up. I waited ages and when a train came it didn't stop  >:(

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5533 on: March 14, 2024, 10:30:11 pm »
https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/north-stand-expansion.355065/page-841#post-16961340

Not from the nicest of sites but here’s some pics the city fans took inside the new stand.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #5534 on: March 14, 2024, 10:41:13 pm »
https://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/threads/north-stand-expansion.355065/page-841#post-16961340

Not from the nicest of sites but here’s some pics the city fans took inside the new stand.

Nah, not clicking on that cesspit.
We are Liverpool!

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5535 on: March 14, 2024, 10:42:29 pm »
Nah, not clicking on that cesspit.

I did wash my hands after to be fair

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5536 on: March 15, 2024, 12:52:52 am »
Was by FAR the worst I've experienced getting away from the ground took about 20 minutes to get out of utting avenue car park, wasn't on the M58 until 75 minutes after full time

And people wonder why I usually bunk off on 90 mins when we're 2-3 goals up or down

Why are you putting your car on a car park?   Choose your parking spot more wisely for a quick get away.  You could have walked to the M58 in less than 75 minutes.
We are Loyal Supporters

Online 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5537 on: March 15, 2024, 08:18:05 am »
Why are you putting your car on a car park?   Choose your parking spot more wisely for a quick get away.  You could have walked to the M58 in less than 75 minutes.

Saves walking, can rock up 10 mins before kick off and still have a space using a club car park pass

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #5538 on: March 15, 2024, 08:37:00 am »
I did wash my hands after to be fair
what about your eyes
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #5539 on: March 15, 2024, 10:29:49 am »
Saves walking, can rock up 10 mins before kick off and still have a space using a club car park pass
I reckon I could have got to the M58 in less than half the time you did on Sunday because I arrived a little earlier and parked an extra 10 minutes away. If you're aiming for convenience before kick-off then you have to accept the inconvenience at the full-time whistle.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5540 on: March 15, 2024, 12:18:25 pm »
what about your eyes

I only looked at the pics to spare myself from bitter retina damage.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #5541 on: March 15, 2024, 12:20:02 pm »
I only looked at the pics to spare myself from bitter retina damage.
Spare a thought for me, because I actually read the posts.  :mindblown
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5542 on: March 15, 2024, 02:00:47 pm »
Spare a thought for me, because I actually read the posts.  :mindblown

I didn’t thankfully, although to be honest the photos did look absolute crap inside, although I’m sure it’s probably the last in the list of jobs to d

Online 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5543 on: March 15, 2024, 02:54:36 pm »
I reckon I could have got to the M58 in less than half the time you did on Sunday because I arrived a little earlier and parked an extra 10 minutes away. If you're aiming for convenience before kick-off then you have to accept the inconvenience at the full-time whistle.

Rather save my legs, im a lazy twat

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5544 on: March 15, 2024, 03:07:03 pm »

I normally park a mile away from the ground. had the use of the car park Sunday. When we hit the M62 at Tarbock, my lad pointed out a car and said "that was parked near where we usually park", so it seems like Sunday was miles worse. I expect a lot of the tickets for the Upper and now going to fans who use the M62 to get home, cos it was battered at just gone 7pm
Jurgen YNWA

Online LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #5545 on: March 15, 2024, 06:02:17 pm »
I normally park a mile away from the ground. had the use of the car park Sunday. When we hit the M62 at Tarbock, my lad pointed out a car and said "that was parked near where we usually park", so it seems like Sunday was miles worse. I expect a lot of the tickets for the Upper and now going to fans who use the M62 to get home, cos it was battered at just gone 7pm
It was probably made worse by the fact it was a Manchester Club and likely that more away fans than normal would also be driving in your direction. If it was a London club they'd likely be heading for the train. I think that the traffic in all directions is heavier these days. Going to the game, I used to take the M53 direct to the Wallasey Tunnel entrance. Now I stick to the side roads because you can hit the end of the queue at Bidston.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #5546 on: March 15, 2024, 06:45:14 pm »

I didn’t thankfully, although to be honest the photos did look absolute crap inside, although I’m sure it’s probably the last in the list of jobs to d

Of course it looks crap - it's not finished. I was on the Upper for the first time last night and thought it was impressive. Simple robust finishes with places to put your beer. The central bars and people selling beer from backpacks meant getting served was easy. The club have obviously focused on getting the home fan areas finished first and if that upsets City fans I couldn't be happier.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5547 on: March 15, 2024, 07:28:01 pm »
They've started to install the concrete terracing in the corner.

Online 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5548 on: March 15, 2024, 07:44:06 pm »
They've started to install the concrete terracing in the corner.

Makes sense, no game for 17 days good gap to get stuff done

Online Stevo

• Not unique in his worship of Erik Meijer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5549 on: March 15, 2024, 10:53:16 pm »
The legends game is next weekend so not entirely uninterrupted. Not having to pause midweek is probably better for them though.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #5550 on: March 16, 2024, 01:37:38 pm »
Over 57,000 tickets sold for the legends game according to the LFC website, should give some who might not have been recently a chance to see the new stand in all its glory
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online 30fiver

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5551 on: March 16, 2024, 08:07:23 pm »
The legends game is next weekend so not entirely uninterrupted. Not having to pause midweek is probably better for them though.

Completely forgot about that

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #5552 on: March 16, 2024, 09:36:37 pm »
It was probably made worse by the fact it was a Manchester Club and likely that more away fans than normal would also be driving in your direction. If it was a London club they'd likely be heading for the train. I think that the traffic in all directions is heavier these days. Going to the game, I used to take the M53 direct to the Wallasey Tunnel entrance. Now I stick to the side roads because you can hit the end of the queue at Bidston.
Anfield needs a metro station with how big the ground is now
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #5553 on: March 16, 2024, 10:25:04 pm »
Over 57,000 tickets sold for the legends game according to the LFC website, should give some who might not have been recently a chance to see the new stand in all its glory

I'll be heading down with my other half who has never been to a football match before so it should be a laugh to have 57,000 in the ground. Got hold of a couple of the hospitality tickets for Brodies in the lower half of the upper tier, so it will be good to check out both the facilities and the view of the Kop. Am I right in saying it opens 3 hours before kick off like the other ones?

Offline vblfc

• "Verily, behold! Liverpool Football Club!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let your soul and spirit fly Into the mystic
« Reply #5554 on: March 18, 2024, 02:42:17 pm »
I'll be heading down with my other half who has never been to a football match before so it should be a laugh to have 57,000 in the ground. Got hold of a couple of the hospitality tickets for Brodies in the lower half of the upper tier, so it will be good to check out both the facilities and the view of the Kop. Am I right in saying it opens 3 hours before kick off like the other ones?
yes - 2.5 to 3 hours before. 

Offline Butcher Knife Roberto

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hare Krishna
« Reply #5555 on: March 20, 2024, 07:35:44 pm »
yes - 2.5 to 3 hours before. 

Legend, cheers!

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #5556 on: March 21, 2024, 10:37:11 am »

And the fact it was a huge game on a knife edge, and a great performance, would have meant a minimal amount of early leavers.

It needs better public transport though. You don't want thousands more leaving early to beat the rush like in other grounds (that are better served by public transport than Anfield).
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #5557 on: March 23, 2024, 11:42:23 pm »

'A good look around the hospitality lounge at Liverpool FC's Anfield Road Expansion Update' - 28 minute video from KC Imageworks (Liverpool-Ajax Legends match):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9iCBXQy3Pc4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9iCBXQy3Pc4</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/9iCBXQy3Pc4

'Liverpool Legends v Ajax Legends - Matchday Vlog' - 23 minute video from GreyBeard Media - Merseyside & Beyond:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7Gya9CAnH1U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7Gya9CAnH1U</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/7Gya9CAnH1U

« Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 11:48:32 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #5558 on: March 31, 2024, 05:32:15 pm »
A new league attendance record set today. 60,061.  :scarf
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5559 on: March 31, 2024, 08:28:38 pm »
A new league attendance record set today. 60,061.  :scarf

So the away section corner to complete and the back rows of the lower to top 61000.
We are Loyal Supporters