Author Topic: Conor Bradley  (Read 92384 times)

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Conor Bradley
« Reply #1200 on: March 27, 2024, 02:28:23 am »
Who gives a finger licking fuck what rugby crowds sing?

Online JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #1201 on: March 27, 2024, 05:58:24 am »
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1202 on: March 27, 2024, 07:31:49 am »
I agree that it is not either but the actual song is sang at rugby grounds till this day and a bastardised version is sung by Liverpool fans.

The actual song is sung at Ireland and Celtic matches as well as GAA matches too.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1203 on: March 27, 2024, 09:17:43 am »
from the other thread - cheers Jason - I hadn't seen the goal

'"It's a privilege to score my first goal for my country, so yeah, I'm buzzing!" 🗣️

@NorthernIreland's Conor Bradley speaks after scoring the winning goal for his side against Scotland 🟢':-

https://twitter.com/ViaplaySportsUK/status/1772745036284719211 (2 minute post-match interview)

Scotland 0 - [1] Northern Ireland; Conor Bradley goal on 32' - https://v.redd.it/cyo1gpt4mqqc1 & https://twitter.com/ViaplaySportsUK/status/1772721091523367094

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1204 on: March 31, 2024, 04:58:01 pm »
That is some great battling he showed today after a tough first 5 mins.

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #1205 on: March 31, 2024, 04:59:45 pm »
Yeah did well considering Adringa is one of the form players in the league right now

Offline JammyJimmy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1206 on: March 31, 2024, 05:01:24 pm »
I'm impressed every time I see him play, looks like he has a great future ahead of him. Was really good today against a tricky opponent.

Offline The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1207 on: March 31, 2024, 05:49:52 pm »
Another all-action performance from him - from tackles and ball recoveries to take-ons and creating chances, he was excellent.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1208 on: March 31, 2024, 06:05:52 pm »
The defensive contributions after a challenging first quarter hour today were amazing.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #1209 on: March 31, 2024, 06:28:22 pm »
Did well today up against one of the fastest and most promising wingers in European football. Adingra will be at a top club within another year or so and Bradley stood up to him, albeit in a stretched fashion. Like many, looked a touch leggy and played a lot better when Klopp tweaked the midfield to give him support from Szoboszlai.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Garlic Red

• Kopite
  • Pop n crisp
« Reply #1210 on: March 31, 2024, 06:34:45 pm »
This was at half time today. Clearly a tactic to try and exploit that side with the two youngsters on. I thought they did it quite well to be honest, Welbeck and Adingra caused real issues for the first 45 but faded in the second. Another great experience for Bradley, 90 mins and a decent test against savvy opposition.

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1211 on: March 31, 2024, 06:50:00 pm »
Another excellent performance today and must be one of young players of the season. I don't see Trent getting back into the side without a fight.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Elisha S

• talkin' 'bout my g-g-generation...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1212 on: April 1, 2024, 12:04:26 am »
from the other thread - cheers Jason - I hadn't seen the goal

A real pity an excellent Irish player has been lost to a British national team. I genuinely hope it works out for him with that lot. I would advise him not to speak a word of his native language around the supporters though.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1213 on: April 1, 2024, 12:20:54 am »
This was at half time today. Clearly a tactic to try and exploit that side with the two youngsters on. I thought they did it quite well to be honest, Welbeck and Adingra caused real issues for the first 45 but faded in the second. Another great experience for Bradley, 90 mins and a decent test against savvy opposition.
It was noticable how Quansah didn't really cover that space and neither did Mo or any of the midfielders.  It's the same overload that Luton and Man U scored from against us recently (also games where Konate was missing).

I'd prefer it if our other three defenders acted a bit more traditionally when teams are so clearly executing a pre-planned overload and Bradley (/our right back) has pushed forward.  Gomez as left-back tucks inside as a third defender allowing Virgil and Quansah to move further across.  Once Gomez takes up that #6 position then it leaves so much width for the two central defenders to cover.  That said, we're top and only an anomaly of an Antony goal way from being on course for a quadruple.

When Bradley hits full stride he's a formidable sight.  I can see why he used to be a successful cross country runner!

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #1214 on: April 1, 2024, 12:56:53 am »

The post match analysis on Match of the Day picked up on that.
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #1215 on: April 1, 2024, 09:29:46 am »
A real pity an excellent Irish player has been lost to a British national team. I genuinely hope it works out for him with that lot. I would advise him not to speak a word of his native language around the supporters though.
Future Liverpool and Northern Ireland captain….he won’t have to worry about the lingo..no one speaks it…it’s as pointless as Ulster Scotch.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1216 on: April 1, 2024, 11:08:08 am »
It’s as if Klopp said to him “Conor, it’s just you vs three of them for an hour.”  Good luck lad.

Coped quite well to be honest, it was easier when Szboszlai moved out to that side for a time, he had the legs to cover.

Spey about an hour of the match with nearly all play in about 20% of the pitch, it was as quite odd. Then tried to explain Rafas blanket to my son
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1217 on: April 1, 2024, 11:10:36 am »
It was noticable how Quansah didn't really cover that space and neither did Mo or any of the midfielders.  It's the same overload that Luton and Man U scored from against us recently (also games where Konate was missing).

I'd prefer it if our other three defenders acted a bit more traditionally when teams are so clearly executing a pre-planned overload and Bradley (/our right back) has pushed forward.  Gomez as left-back tucks inside as a third defender allowing Virgil and Quansah to move further across.  Once Gomez takes up that #6 position then it leaves so much width for the two central defenders to cover.  That said, we're top and only an anomaly of an Antony goal way from being on course for a quadruple.

When Bradley hits full stride he's a formidable sight.  I can see why he used to be a successful cross country runner!

I agree. Gomez isn’t exactly offering anything in an attacking sense anyway so we wouldn’t hugely miss his presence another 10/20 yards up the pitch down the right flank.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1218 on: April 1, 2024, 11:33:25 am »
It was noticable how Quansah didn't really cover that space and neither did Mo or any of the midfielders. It's the same overload that Luton and Man U scored from against us recently (also games where Konate was missing).

Konate has to play on Sunday. You know United will try and do that again all game down that side.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1219 on: April 1, 2024, 06:30:18 pm »
Hahaha.

Look at these stats, just look at them!

https://fbref.com/en/players/bbd67769/Conor-Bradley
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1220 on: April 1, 2024, 06:50:18 pm »

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1221 on: April 1, 2024, 07:53:28 pm »
his clearances suck.

Got clearance, Clarence...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1222 on: April 1, 2024, 08:56:32 pm »
Konate has to play on Sunday. You know United will try and do that again all game down that side.

Thinking that myself, he'll deal with Rashford easily though
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Redley

• Legacy Fan
  • Turned doubters to believers
« Reply #1223 on: April 1, 2024, 09:01:08 pm »
Hahaha.

Look at these stats, just look at them!

https://fbref.com/en/players/bbd67769/Conor-Bradley

It’s like Mainoo but a RB!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1224 on: April 1, 2024, 09:02:36 pm »
It’s like Mainoo but a RB!

Bradley's good, but he's no Wan-Bissaka (the best defensive right back in the worldTM)
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1225 on: April 2, 2024, 09:34:30 am »
Saw an interview on lfc instagram where he says kelleher plays the worst music in the dressing room: “he just plays loads of Irish stuff. It’s not for me.”

That’s a solid veto for Irish rover.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1226 on: April 2, 2024, 09:38:34 am »
his clearances suck.
Or he has the composure to play it out rather than clearing the ball.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1227 on: April 2, 2024, 01:36:13 pm »
Or he has the composure to play it out rather than clearing the ball.

It's certainly possible. (You realize I was being facetious I hope).

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1228 on: April 4, 2024, 11:43:12 pm »
Does he have a bet with Caoimh that he can't save those... ;D

Bar that, I think he played well, and could have had a better shot in the other goal. He may be getting a bit fatigued, but he is our player that covered the most distance today.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #1229 on: April 4, 2024, 11:50:58 pm »
This guy is brilliant. Just love watchin him play and becoming a star. Og or not this cub is an immense talent...

:scarf

YNWA

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1230 on: April 5, 2024, 02:40:47 pm »
Carra might want to watch out his record could be broken.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline y2w902

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1231 on: April 7, 2024, 05:43:56 pm »
Has a massive future and has done really well thrown in the deep end but we’ve suffered with his lack of quality in the final third this past month or so. Gets insuperb positions every game but has made the wrong decision, taken a bad touch or just fluffs it.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1232 on: April 7, 2024, 05:48:07 pm »
Played really well first half, particularly given the early booking. Just couldn’t get a pass right second half.

He’s massively ahead of schedule in his progress right now, should be seeing 15-20 minute cameos, which would maybe be best effective for the energy he has in that position. But needs must.
AHA!

Online Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1233 on: April 7, 2024, 07:13:40 pm »
Bradley has been immense since he came into the team, and he's got a big future, but it does start to feel a little bit now like we're starting to miss Trent's quality as an attacking threat.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1234 on: April 7, 2024, 07:24:09 pm »
Bradley has been immense since he came into the team, and he's got a big future, but it does start to feel a little bit now like we're starting to miss Trent's quality as an attacking threat.

We are.

Offline thejbs

• Legacy Fan

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1236 on: April 11, 2024, 05:30:30 pm »
And when Trent comes back in and we concede a goal or two it'll start to feel like we're missing a bit of Bradley's defensive stability.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.