Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2012211 times)

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #10400 on: January 11, 2020, 10:42:19 pm »
Nice piece on Bobby...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/jan/11/roberto-firmino-liverpool-tottenham-jose-mourinho

"Firmino is a relentless presence on days such as these, a monster of the decisive away goal. This was his ninth goal this season, all of them away from Anfield. Five have been winners, a big-game, daddy-goal, title-driving level of efficiency.

It is so easy to pick at the things Firmino is not. With 72 minutes gone Andy Robertson made an extraordinary run and somehow nodded a deep diagonal pass back across goal. Firmino wasn’t there, he was instead 30 yards away thinking about some other battle, and shrugging apologetically as the ball trickled away.

He has never been a poacher. There was some talk last summer that Liverpool might even buy a new star centre-forward, someone to pump up those numbers. But Firmino’s lack of starriness disguises the fact he is the perfect part in this team, with the ability to pressor, to hold possession, to drop deep and sweep the ball either way, a player who has proved almost as revolutionary to the front line in this Liverpool era as Virgil van Dijk has to the back.

What is he anyway? Firmino has been described as a false 9, but this doesn’t really do justice to it. If you want to go down the numberwang route he’s a bit of everything: nine, 10, 8, 11, even 4; a post-modern kind of striker for a disruptive age. Twice here he produced that swooping Capoeira‑style trap, pulling a long pass out of the air. Nobody else does this. It’s his move, the Firmino Sweep, his own cross-cultural take on the long-ball flick-on."
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 10:45:02 pm by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #10401 on: January 11, 2020, 11:25:09 pm »

But Firmino’s lack of starriness disguises the fact he is the perfect part in this team, with the ability to pressor...

Bobby doesn't press.

He pressors...

Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10402 on: January 12, 2020, 05:20:56 am »
Nice piece on Bobby...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2020/jan/11/roberto-firmino-liverpool-tottenham-jose-mourinho

"Firmino is a relentless presence on days such as these, a monster of the decisive away goal. This was his ninth goal this season, all of them away from Anfield. Five have been winners, a big-game, daddy-goal, title-driving level of efficiency.

It is so easy to pick at the things Firmino is not. With 72 minutes gone Andy Robertson made an extraordinary run and somehow nodded a deep diagonal pass back across goal. Firmino wasn’t there, he was instead 30 yards away thinking about some other battle, and shrugging apologetically as the ball trickled away.

He has never been a poacher. There was some talk last summer that Liverpool might even buy a new star centre-forward, someone to pump up those numbers. But Firmino’s lack of starriness disguises the fact he is the perfect part in this team, with the ability to pressor, to hold possession, to drop deep and sweep the ball either way, a player who has proved almost as revolutionary to the front line in this Liverpool era as Virgil van Dijk has to the back.

What is he anyway? Firmino has been described as a false 9, but this doesn’t really do justice to it. If you want to go down the numberwang route he’s a bit of everything: nine, 10, 8, 11, even 4; a post-modern kind of striker for a disruptive age. Twice here he produced that swooping Capoeira‑style trap, pulling a long pass out of the air. Nobody else does this. It’s his move, the Firmino Sweep, his own cross-cultural take on the long-ball flick-on."

Couldn't believe the scrambling for him to be dropped earlier in the season. He's a fucking phenom. Probably my favourite player to watch of all time. Could watch the man do his taxes.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10403 on: January 12, 2020, 05:25:44 am »
Watching his teammates getting all the best ratings and glory, made Bobby activate his extra engine. He was unplayable in some situations, just pure sex.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #10404 on: January 12, 2020, 09:14:42 am »
That first touch on the goal was ridiculous.  The turn and finish for his first chance were also excellent, really unfortunate to not score.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10405 on: January 12, 2020, 11:33:09 am »
on a different level to everyone else on the pitch yesterday

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10406 on: January 12, 2020, 12:21:36 pm »
That first touch on the goal was ridiculous.

Look at Tanganga’s reaction. Utterly bamboozled. He doesn’t know what has just happened or where Bobby has disappeared to. He’d been playing so well up to that point, but was totally undone by a moment of Brazilian genius.

The finish was perfect too. Made it look much easier than it was.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 12:23:08 pm by smutchin »

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #10407 on: January 12, 2020, 04:32:56 pm »
Couldn't believe the scrambling for him to be dropped earlier in the season. He's a fucking phenom. Probably my favourite player to watch of all time. Could watch the man do his taxes.
And that's not something you can say about Messi!
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10408 on: January 12, 2020, 05:10:55 pm »
He’s a footballer, but really Bobby is an artist.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10409 on: January 12, 2020, 05:16:18 pm »
Well he did say he tried to model his game on Ronaldinho.  :D While he doesn't have that level of flair you can see it  at times.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #10410 on: January 12, 2020, 05:50:00 pm »
And that's not something you can say about Messi!
;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #10411 on: January 12, 2020, 06:11:53 pm »
There is a ginga player in him!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10412 on: January 13, 2020, 01:27:45 pm »
Regarding the touch before the goal, Ben Johnson from the Wrap, made me laugh with this one:

..the touch for the goal. That lad got sent for a Chow Mein there, come back with a meat and potato fella.

;D
@Yvanicuzz

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #10413 on: January 13, 2020, 02:02:11 pm »
He was so good Garth Crooks stuck him in his Team of the Week....

In midfield.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #10414 on: January 15, 2020, 11:46:01 am »
How much was Bobby signed for?
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10415 on: January 15, 2020, 11:51:48 am »
How much was Bobby signed for?

25 million. The base fee was 21M plus 4M for every time we made into the CL in the two seasons after the transfer (we only managed once) .
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #10416 on: January 15, 2020, 12:05:00 pm »
Me.

Given his talent I think he should score far more goals. He has only just turned 28 so there is still time for him to become calmer if front of goal. The talent is there he just has a habit of snatching at chances at time.
I share this view but also believe it is unfair criticism.  He does a lot for the team and players around him.

It would be more of an issue if scoring goals was a problem for the team. But it's not so his lack of goals is irrelvant at this time. 

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #10417 on: January 15, 2020, 12:06:29 pm »
25 million. The base fee was 21M plus 4M for every time we made into the CL in the two seasons after the transfer (we only managed once) .

Thanks for that. £25M! Thats almost criminal for the player he has become since. Now he has become priceless. Wow, £25M only.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10418 on: January 15, 2020, 12:26:03 pm »
The goals are the icing!

Look at his assists.  :thumbup

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10419 on: January 15, 2020, 03:26:04 pm »
Just been baptised by Alisson.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10420 on: January 15, 2020, 03:26:34 pm »
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10421 on: January 15, 2020, 04:18:01 pm »
Ali is a devout Christian and he's baptised Bobby.  ;D

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10422 on: January 15, 2020, 04:42:12 pm »
Safe pair of hands.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10423 on: January 15, 2020, 06:24:45 pm »

They love a bit of Jesus in Brazil don’t they!

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10424 on: January 15, 2020, 06:36:47 pm »
You saw his Instagram story too then [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10425 on: January 15, 2020, 07:38:03 pm »
"I don't believe in God. In Spain all 22 players make a sign of the cross upon entering the pitch, if it works the game is always going to be a tie." - Johan Cruyff

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10426 on: January 15, 2020, 07:40:44 pm »
You saw his Instagram story too then [emoji23]

Felt a bit bad laughing at the video, but Alisson looking like he was crying at the end finished me off! ;D Sorry lads. :-[
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #10427 on: January 15, 2020, 07:52:48 pm »
Felt a bit bad laughing at the video, but Alisson looking like he was crying at the end finished me off! ;D Sorry lads. :-[

Just a heavily chlorinated pool stinging his eyes I reckon.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10428 on: January 15, 2020, 08:28:31 pm »
Bobby was rubbing his eyes too as they lifted him up out of the water, didn't occur to me that it was anything other than chlorine but maybe it wasnt.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10429 on: January 15, 2020, 08:33:28 pm »
If he stops scoring goals now I’m going to be mad. Very mad.

On the other hand If he starts scoring like crazy - I may get baptized too.  ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10430 on: January 15, 2020, 08:35:14 pm »
We all need to be bathe by Big Ali.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10431 on: January 15, 2020, 08:43:39 pm »

If he stops scoring goals now I’m going to be mad. Very mad.

On the other hand If he starts scoring like crazy - I may get baptized too.  ;D

Hang on, I've already promised to convert to Islam for Mo, this is gonna get complicated if we have to follow Bobby as well!

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #10432 on: January 15, 2020, 09:19:41 pm »
Hang on, I've already promised to convert to Islam for Mo, this is gonna get complicated if we have to follow Bobby as well!

Its not illegal to have multiple religions right? Maybe frowned upon, but why not? And why is it called conversion, and not addition. You can have dual-citizenship, so it should be fine to have dual-godships.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10433 on: January 15, 2020, 09:26:24 pm »
Its not illegal to have multiple religions right? Maybe frowned upon, but why not? And why is it called conversion, and not addition. You can have dual-citizenship, so it should be fine to have dual-godships.

Technically the same "God"
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10434 on: January 15, 2020, 09:29:17 pm »
Bobby was rubbing his eyes too as they lifted him up out of the water, didn't occur to me that it was anything other than chlorine but maybe it wasnt.

Alisson pissed in the pool.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #10435 on: January 15, 2020, 09:56:15 pm »
I attended a Roman Catholic School in the morning and Madrasa in the afternoon until the age of 18 - Hail Mary in the morning; Allahu Akbar in the afternoon.

Haven't been struck down or immolated yet so I reckon you'll be ok
 ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10436 on: January 15, 2020, 10:06:46 pm »
Because both Islam and Christianity believe in the same God. Try a religion that has multiple God's.  :P

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #10437 on: January 15, 2020, 10:33:57 pm »
Because both Islam and Christianity believe in the same God. Try a religion that has multiple God's.  :P

Polytheistic?

Maybe Bobbytheistic...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #10438 on: January 15, 2020, 10:37:17 pm »
I attended a Roman Catholic School in the morning and Madrasa in the afternoon until the age of 18 - Hail Mary in the morning; Allahu Akbar in the afternoon.

Haven't been struck down or immolated yet so I reckon you'll be ok
 ;D

If you could have fitted a synagogue in you could have gone for the Treble.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #10439 on: January 15, 2020, 11:15:28 pm »

'Jesus Saves. But is he as reliable as Clemence?' Kopite banner at Wembley, FA Cup Final 1974.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.