Author Topic: German Cities  (Read 1525 times)

Offline adruk87

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
German Cities
« on: November 20, 2017, 07:50:45 pm »
Looking for a few recommendations please folks.

I'm organising a stag do for next year and was after peoples thoughts on German cities, I've been to Munich 3 times and Berlin, so quite clued up there, Munich is definitely a contender. Was just after opinions on other cities, Cologne, Frankfurt, Hamburg etc.

It's for fellas ranging from 30-60 so not necessarily the club scene were after, just plenty of decent boozers really.

Any input greatly appreciated. Cheers.

"Corner taken quickly, ORIGI!"

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
Re: German Cities
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 10:43:24 pm »
I was about to contribute there mate but I seen ' Stag Do ' .

Go anywhere 
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline jed the red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 10:47:37 pm »
Cologne, Dortmund and Düsseldorf on the Rhine/Ruhr top nights out and a good mix of young/old bars.
Hamburg is more for the younger lads, especially down the ‘Bahn, but Hannover is ok, but if it was me I’d go for one of the first three mate.
How long you over there for?

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 10:50:30 pm »
I can vouch for Berlin being a great location for a few drinks.

Never been to Hamburg but I'd imagine the Reeperbahn will be a lot of fun and very suitable for a stag do. Plus there's the whole Beatles thing if you want a Scouse connection  :D

I've heard Frankfurt is a really shit night out - it's the finance capital of Germany and not much else (apparently).

If you can tie it in with a Bundelsliga fixture that'll really add to the occasion, they're great fun, so might be worth looking at the fixture list and seeing if there's a good game on that date at a potential destination.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 11:14:23 pm »
Went to nuremebrg for two nights and jumped the train to Munich for the Audi cup in the summer . Nice walled city with plenty of bars , eateries and a few clubs ..also a red light area if anyone on the do is that way inclined . Was going to go again in november as ryanair were doing return flights from manchester for £39 return . Only a ten minute 3 euro metro ride from airport to city centre .

Offline Lfsea

• Half a grand, so it is
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 11:19:35 pm »
To be honest, most German Cities will fare you well on a stag. Been to three different stags in Berlin, 1 in Koln and 1 in Hamburg and they've all been different but great fun, ranging from a quiet one with a few bars and some Michelin starred food, to a debauched 4 days in 2010 that I don't remember a great deal about, apart from taking two different members of the party to hospital. Personal opinion though, Berlin's definitely a city that you can get out of it, exactly what you want with regards to a stag. Always got the impression that not a lot is off limits there :D

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2017, 07:14:24 am »
I can vouch for Berlin being a great location for a few drinks.

Never been to Hamburg but I'd imagine the Reeperbahn will be a lot of fun and very suitable for a stag do. Plus there's the whole Beatles thing if you want a Scouse connection  :D

I've heard Frankfurt is a really shit night out - it's the finance capital of Germany and not much else (apparently).

If you can tie it in with a Bundelsliga fixture that'll really add to the occasion, they're great fun, so might be worth looking at the fixture list and seeing if there's a good game on that date at a potential destination.

Most German cities are sound for a good night out. Have to say I went o a stags to Frankfurt for three nights about four years ago and it was absolutely brilliant!
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2017, 07:28:23 am »
About 15 of us went for a stag in Hamburg at the beginning of October. I haven't yet recovered and I believe I lost my soul over there.

Having said that, I'd go back tomorrow. Didn't see too much of the city in general but plenty of really good places to have a drink and laugh and didn't see any trouble. Of course there is a very seedy side to Hamburg but you can definitely stay away from that if you want to. Good beer, good food, good atmosphere, not too expensive. Ticks every box, IMO.

Offline Matze_LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We go again!
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2017, 07:50:37 am »
I'd recommend Hamburg and Düsseldorf for a stag.

Hamburg is great city, has lots to see and the Reeperbahn (St. Pauli) is perfect fo a night out.

Düsseldorf is known to have the longest bar in the world. There are over 300 pubs, bars and restaurants in the old town centre. It also has a couple breweries which brew the typical Altbier (similar to ale) from Düsseldorf. During the day it's possible to have a beer on a boat or a beer garden at the rhine.

Offline bobby19

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA !!
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2017, 12:30:47 pm »
Went to Cologne for my own stag last April. Great city and has the most bars per capital of all of German cities. Parts of it were stunning & on the Friday night after arriving we went to Bayern Leverkusen v Schalke which was good. The good thing about cologne was the city centre felt quite small compared to other cities I have been to but there was still so much.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2017, 01:16:17 am »
Potsdam is a really nice place to visit if your in the vicinity.  It's a 45 minutes trip from Berlin on train.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 01:23:35 am by Lastrador »

Offline adruk87

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2017, 07:11:11 pm »
Appreciate the input. Going April time, looking likely to be Cologne, Munich or Dusseldorf.
"Corner taken quickly, ORIGI!"

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2017, 11:26:01 pm »
Went to Cologne for my own stag last April. Great city and has the most bars per capital of all of German cities. Parts of it were stunning & on the Friday night after arriving we went to Bayern Leverkusen v Schalke which was good. The good thing about cologne was the city centre felt quite small compared to other cities I have been to but there was still so much.

I'm off to Cologne for a couple of days over New Year. Can you recommend where to grab a bevy? I've had a quick google and it mentions Zulpicher Strasse mainly. This looks a little outside the City and we are staying right next to the main train station in the centre. Thanks.

Offline bobby19

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA !!
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2017, 04:26:10 am »
I'm off to Cologne for a couple of days over New Year. Can you recommend where to grab a bevy? I've had a quick google and it mentions Zulpicher Strasse mainly. This looks a little outside the City and we are staying right next to the main train station in the centre. Thanks.

Apologies I have a horrible memory when it comes to names of bars.

Check out this page http://www.cologne.de/what-to-do/nightlife/zülpicher-straße-party-mile.html

In and around the cathedral is nice as well and plenty of bars & breweries which are cool

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2017, 07:25:10 am »
Am I too late here? You could check out Dresden or Leipzig if you want something different. You said some of the guys were a bit older and Dresden has a fair bit of culture to offer.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2017, 08:06:10 am »
Swerve moencheongladbach, absolutely shite night out.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2017, 11:04:23 am »
Apologies I have a horrible memory when it comes to names of bars.

Check out this page http://www.cologne.de/what-to-do/nightlife/zülpicher-straße-party-mile.html

In and around the cathedral is nice as well and plenty of bars & breweries which are cool

Great, thank you.