Author Topic: Today's shooting - The Sandy Hook Memorial Thread - Thoughts and Prayers  (Read 532876 times)

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Re: This month's mass shooting in America. 14/02/18 - 17 killed in school shooting
« Reply #2360 on: February 21, 2018, 10:56:30 pm »
You didn't expect the group to include people who want stronger gun laws did you ?

Not really. But to be fair one of the last persons to speak was the father of a boy who was killed in the Sandy Hook shooting and he said that arming teachers is not the right way to go.

It still strikes me as odd that people actually feel that it's necessary to give weapons to school employees or even have former police men or soldiers working in schools to make it safe for their kids. I just cannot fathom this.

That said, I'm also aware that people in the US live in a completely different world compared to where I live (in Austria and in an area that would probably be called rural in the US or many other countries). I work as a local journo and have done some stories in schools. And yes, I was able to just walk in the door and look for the person I was supposed to talk  with without being asked any questions. To think that it could be any different with me having to show my ID,  walking through a metal detector and having my bag be checked in an x-ray machine is just something I can't imagine. I live in a world where I don't have to be afraid of being shot. Having that kind of security at a school would just be a sign that something is seriously wrong with the world I'm living in... 

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
Re: This month's mass shooting in America. 14/02/18 - 17 killed in school shooting
« Reply #2361 on: February 21, 2018, 11:00:43 pm »
Hang on ... did some of the Florida relatives (who lost their own kids) in this Trump talk suggest guns be leagally allowed in schools? What the fuck is happening?

Just have to accept that the States is just different. It shouldnt surprise anyone anymore.

Offline Antoine Lavoisier

• Anny Roader
  • the torchlight red on sweaty faces
« Reply #2362 on: February 22, 2018, 12:04:43 am »
Just have to accept that the States is just different. It shouldnt surprise anyone anymore.

It is not just different, it is perverse. The mentally deficient, conservative thinking ideology has hijacked the "patriotic" floor. Issues are always much more black and white, yes or no, up or down, in or out when they control the debate. That's how they make sense of the world - they are incapable of embracing the true nature of reality and all its many fluctuations. As a consequence, you are either with us, or against us. That's how and why gun nuts invoke the 2nd amendment (even though they know nothing of its true intention) to shut down arguments and regale themselves with notions of patriotism. They truly believe that they are under attack and will not, indeed, cannot, comprehend any proposal or argument that doesn't fit their myopic point of view. They believe they are defending a sacred truth. Its why so many of them are "god fearing Christians" - same mental disfunction.

Reality - even when the blood of innocent patriotic American children lies in pools on a classroom floor - has zero effect on them because to address that reality in its entirety would require them to question their entire belief system, which they are incapable of doing. They are locked in a cyclical state of denial and self preservation. I don't know how you break that - well, not in my lifetime, certainly.
And in short, I was afraid

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2363 on: February 22, 2018, 02:22:45 am »
Just watching the CNN townhall. Marco Rubio is a massive wanker, but you have to give him credit for going to a place where he knew he'd get ripped apart and explain his position. Unlike others like the President and the governor.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2364 on: February 22, 2018, 02:25:55 am »
Just watching the CNN townhall. Marco Rubio is a massive wanker, but you have to give him credit for going to a place where he knew he'd get ripped apart and explain his position. Unlike others like the President and the governor.

True however his stance is still poor as the parent said.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2365 on: February 22, 2018, 02:28:20 am »
True however his stance is still poor as the parent said.

No debate about that. The whole argument about only banning 200 weapons and 2000 similar ones still being legal is just bollocks...

And he just shot himself in the foot going after the congressman...

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2366 on: February 22, 2018, 02:31:25 am »
No debate about that. The whole argument about only banning 200 weapons and 2000 similar ones still being legal is just bollocks...

And he just shot himself in the foot going after the congressman...

Exactly that, the issue is the NRA and the money the all make from it. And you have politicians like Rubio beating around the bush with nonsense like that.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #2367 on: February 22, 2018, 02:35:52 am »
What if the armed Teacher wakes up one morning and says i've had enough, im going to end my life and take as much people possible with me?
YNWA

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2368 on: February 22, 2018, 02:51:12 am »
These kids are more intelligent and astute and more fit to run the country than these politicians

This kid just asked Rubio if he can say that he will never take a penny in donation from the NRA.

Rubio can't say no, will not say no.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #2369 on: February 22, 2018, 02:55:17 am »
Anyone watching CNN right now a live town hall one of the survivors asking Rubio if he he will no longer take money from the NRA totally dodging the question and getting loads of shit brilliant TV. 

Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2370 on: February 22, 2018, 02:55:24 am »
You guys watching CNN town hall? great question being asked.

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #2371 on: February 22, 2018, 02:55:55 am »
Anyone watching CNN right now a live town hall one of the survivors asking Rubio if he he will no longer take money from the NRA totally dodging the question and getting loads of shit brilliant TV.
Yep he bottled it, confident he won't be elected again.

Online stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2372 on: February 22, 2018, 02:59:38 am »
What if the armed Teacher wakes up one morning and says i've had enough, im going to end my life and take as much people possible with me?

That doesn't happen. Only bad people are killers. They only give guns to the good people. And surely good people don't suddenly turn into bad people.

Rubio didn't do too well in that NRA money question. He basically said he'll take money from everyone who buys into his agenda. They should have asked him if that means he would take money from the KKK or Russia if they wanted to give it to him...

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #2373 on: February 22, 2018, 03:06:08 am »

Axios
‏Verified account @axios
5m5 minutes ago

Student Cameron Kasky asks Marco Rubio whether he will pledge not to take any more NRA money

video

https://twitter.com/axios/status/966507849277992961

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2374 on: February 22, 2018, 03:17:22 am »

It was brilliant, the kid was great.

Offline Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #2375 on: February 22, 2018, 03:27:44 am »
Well done the Sheriff disagreeing with Trump and having a go at the NRA lady.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2376 on: February 22, 2018, 07:36:54 am »
Axios
‏Verified account @axios
5m5 minutes ago

Student Cameron Kasky asks Marco Rubio whether he will pledge not to take any more NRA money

video

https://twitter.com/axios/status/966507849277992961

That politician comes across like a real knob. I watched one of these about healthcare and there were two republicans there and they also came across as rude, weird and a bunch of evil bastards. Compared to them, even Tories seem nice and caring.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2377 on: February 22, 2018, 08:12:20 am »
So teachers are supposed to be educators, parents, coaches and now body guards. :lmao :lmao

Not just body guards, but killers.  Spot an ex-pupil coming back into school? Just blast their brains out, then continue with your maths lesson.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2378 on: February 22, 2018, 08:50:04 am »
:lmao

Just as you thought the Deranged Lunatic couldn't make more of a mockery of himself and his country he goes and says armed teachers would have been able to stop such attacks.

Agree with you Chakan, what will these teachers be asked to do next? Their job role is expanding rapidly but I'm sure blowing out the brains of ex students or any other nut job is not something they signed up for.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2379 on: February 22, 2018, 09:11:33 am »
These kids are more intelligent and astute and more fit to run the country than these politicians

This kid just asked Rubio if he can say that he will never take a penny in donation from the NRA.

Rubio can't say no, will not say no.

Just bounce him out of the debate right there.  From that point on anytime he opened his mouth somebody should just have shouted "shush!".  He's made it quite clear where his priorities lie.  Money - or guns - matter more to him than lives, and the lives of kids.

And arming teachers?  FFS.  I can see the headlines now: "Teacher locks classroom door and kills 40 kids after being fired".
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #2380 on: February 22, 2018, 09:37:24 am »
And arming teachers?  FFS.  I can see the headlines now: "Teacher locks classroom door and kills 40 kids after being fired".

Republicans, conservatives and gun right activists be like...

"If only the kids had been armed."

"Why did the HM allow the teacher to go back to her class when the teacher was let go?"

"School ID Card Systems should be reviewed for allowing the teacher to get back into the class area"

Funny (or scary!) thing is, I can actually picturise them using this.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #2381 on: February 22, 2018, 09:37:58 am »
Glad to see the world is changing with the young people, won't happen fast enough but nice to see they (and women) have had enough

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2382 on: February 22, 2018, 09:39:28 am »

I made this after a shooting several years ago...

Popcorn's Art

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2383 on: February 22, 2018, 09:49:37 am »
Glad to see the world is changing with the young people, won't happen fast enough but nice to see they (and women) have had enough

Some women.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #2385 on: February 22, 2018, 09:59:49 am »
You think American gun ownership is crazy? Just look at how the central database of gun owners is kept

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/wdbd9y/the-atfs-nonsensical-non-searchable-gun-databases-explained-392

So forget typing in serial numbers and getting a result back like on CSI. You have to send a request to the ATF and a person has to sift through every piece of paper to find the details. There are more guns in America than people.

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan

Popcorn's Art

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #2387 on: February 22, 2018, 10:11:03 am »
Lil' Marco Rubio said that an assault weapon ban 'would mean literally banning every semi-automatic rifle that's sold in America'.

The crowd erupted in cheers at this   :)
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2388 on: February 22, 2018, 10:18:06 am »

That’s the least he should do as senator for Florida. He’s supposed to work for Floridians not the NRA.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2389 on: February 22, 2018, 10:20:28 am »

You’re going to adapt it into a play/film?  ;)

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2390 on: February 22, 2018, 10:31:45 am »
:lmao

Just as you thought the Deranged Lunatic couldn't make more of a mockery of himself and his country he goes and says armed teachers would have been able to stop such attacks.

Agree with you Chakan, what will these teachers be asked to do next? Their job role is expanding rapidly but I'm sure blowing out the brains of ex students or any other nut job is not something they signed up for.

And the 1st Kid killed by a teachers stray bullet would bankrupt that local education system.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #2391 on: February 22, 2018, 10:37:35 am »
I see students have been protesting throughout the US in favour of gun control - a popular placard theme being "You're the adults... do something!" and organised marches are planned. I know that for too many people the sunny idealism of youth is replaced by bitterness and cynicism as people age, which converts into conservatism and reactionism, but these are kids who a growing up under this threat. And I hope that as we evolve as a species, they retain that desire to change the old, backwards ways of thinking, and introduce social advancement to rid that country of the cancers that are the NRA, the insidious and oppressive 'church'-led social regressionism, and the stubborn dregs of white nationalism. I fear I may be letting hope override reality, though. As a species, we are thick as mince.

And the cancerous vested interests won't give up their malignant hold easily. Today, a two-page ad has been taken out in the NYT listed 276 'law-makers' in the US who take the NRA's 25 pieces of silver to help block gun control laws:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/florida-shooting-nra-donations-politicians-gun-control-advert-republicans-parkland-school-a8221681.html

Campaigners need to build it into as wide a public consciousness as possible that the NRA is as much of a dirty, piece of shit organisation as the KKK and that ilk, and make it socially-unacceptable for corrupt politicians to be on their payroll to do their murderous bidding.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2392 on: February 22, 2018, 11:26:38 am »
 :wanker

US President Donald Trump has said arming teachers could prevent school shootings like that which left 17 people dead last week in Florida.

A staff member with a gun could end an attack "very quickly", he said.

Mr Trump floated the proposal - long-championed by the powerful NRA gun lobby - as emotional survivors of the 14 February massacre urged him to take measures to stop similar attacks.

The US leader called for improved background checks on gun buyers.

"It's not going to be talk like it's been in the past," he said

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43149694
Jurgen YNWA

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2393 on: February 22, 2018, 11:46:20 am »
Once, the KKK was as powerful as the NRA is today.  Hopefully, this could prove to be a watershed moment on the level of #metoo.

The law makers can wring their hands over gun control all they like, but how somebody can own an automatic weapon before they're even legally old enough to drink is just flat out stupid.

Popcorn's Art

Online lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2394 on: February 22, 2018, 12:30:44 pm »

Sarah Palin says hi!

Online Red Beret

• Legacy Fan

Popcorn's Art

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2396 on: February 22, 2018, 01:50:28 pm »
The arming teachers line is just incredible. As said, what happens when a teacher flips and shoots a pupil? Where exactly in the classroom would the gun be kept? Could it get into the hands of a pupil easily enough? That it’s even being mooted shows what a ridiculous situation it’s become.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #2397 on: February 22, 2018, 01:51:38 pm »
How many of them would actually want to point a gun at someone and fire?

We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #2398 on: February 22, 2018, 01:55:21 pm »
The arming teachers line is just incredible. As said, what happens when a teacher flips and shoots a pupil? Where exactly in the classroom would the gun be kept? Could it get into the hands of a pupil easily enough? That it’s even being mooted shows what a ridiculous situation it’s become.

It's obvious Nick. The only thing that can stop a good-guy-turned-bad with a gun is another good guy with a gun. And we can ensure that he's good and won't turn bad by offering our Thoughts and Prayers.

Hiring teachers in the US will be fun.
'So, it says here that you never finished your degree and you spend your time loafing around at home, and you hate kids?'
'Yes, but I regularly hit 98/100 down the shooting range'
'YOU'RE HIRED!'
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2399 on: February 22, 2018, 01:59:37 pm »
Will they sack the teachers that refuse to be armed? 

Have we slipped into some crazy parallel universe, because this is just fucking nuts.