Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2557073 times)

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
Re: The small things in life that really annoy you
« Reply #19720 on: December 14, 2018, 06:25:37 pm »
People who share Paddy Power videos because they think its "good banter"

Absolute shitlords
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19721 on: December 14, 2018, 06:29:38 pm »
If this happened to the French there would be rioting on the streets.  :(
I'm prepared to put my hi-viz vest on and storm Downing Street, who's up for it?

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19722 on: December 14, 2018, 06:39:05 pm »
Can't go around preventing progress and innovation just because a minority of nobheads will abuse the system. I bet you weren't too keen on on-line banking, I myself resisted contact-less payment for ages but more to the fact that it's too easy to spend, but really it makes no difference other than saving me time.

That's where you are wrong smart arse  ;) I always do online banking for everything and I always use contactless where possible and while I'm not mad about the lack of security, I thought it was a great idea when I first heard of it in Japan years ago. However, I carry my cards in RFID cases to stop them getting cloned.

Innovation is one thing, but as I am a developer, I always think about flaws that allow users to get around the code I am writing. For example, keyless entry theft was so bad, you couldn't insure a Range Rover in London a few years ago. Imagine all the inconvenience that is caused when a car is stolen, it takes weeks to get the insurance, you lose money due to the excess, you have the loading on your insurance and then you have to buy a new car and this is all down to poor design by the manufacturer. As for drones, who wants the sky full of the fucking things 24 hours a day?.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19723 on: December 14, 2018, 06:56:58 pm »
The high ratio of mini eclairs to the other sweets in a tub of Heroes. Fuck off Cadbury you stingy bastards.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #19724 on: December 14, 2018, 06:58:07 pm »
If this happened to the French there would be rioting on the streets.  :(
That's a quality answer mate  ::)

If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #19725 on: December 14, 2018, 06:59:51 pm »
I'm prepared to put my hi-viz vest on and storm Downing Street, who's up for it?

I'm in.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19726 on: December 14, 2018, 07:00:38 pm »
That's a quality answer mate  ::)

Sounds like it's right up your street.  ;)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #19727 on: December 14, 2018, 07:42:52 pm »
When ad breaks come on, so you switch over to different channels only to find they're having ad breaks almost simultaneously. :no

Yes and when you start to watch a sports show and after around 4 or 5 minutes since the programme started they already have a break for adverts.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #19728 on: December 14, 2018, 10:31:44 pm »
People who share Paddy Power videos because they think its "good banter"

Absolute shitlords

The Paddy Power Fan Denial videos are hilarious, the rest are just shite.
#Sausages

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19729 on: December 14, 2018, 11:27:05 pm »
When ad breaks come on, so you switch over to different channels only to find they're having ad breaks almost simultaneously. :no
This is called 'roadblocking'. Advertisers pay a premium to do this. I used to be in the business. Yes, it's annoying. Unfortunately, that's sort of the point.

Roadblock - A scheduling device used with broadcast media to increase reach
         at a given point in time - e.g., scheduling a commercial on all
         local market stations at 9 p.m. The tactic is meant to "block" the
         viewer from avoiding the commercial regardless  of which station is
         tuned.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #19730 on: December 15, 2018, 09:53:44 am »

The Paddy Power Fan Denial videos are hilarious,

No they aren't
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19731 on: December 15, 2018, 11:38:30 am »
Who comes up with these stupid names for storms. Deirdre??

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19732 on: December 15, 2018, 11:53:38 am »

The public. The met office used social media to get ideas and 10,000 names were submitted. The MET office then pick from these.

Should use names like Attilla, Beelzebub, Caesar, Ghenghis stuff like that, not Brian and Deidre

Jurgen YNWA

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #19733 on: December 15, 2018, 11:54:13 am »
Hurricane Chesney
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Jurgen YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19735 on: December 15, 2018, 12:12:28 pm »

Ken, I think. He was always the cleverer one.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #19736 on: December 15, 2018, 12:13:09 pm »
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19737 on: December 15, 2018, 12:18:05 pm »
Love it if the Met office chief exec was a snooker fan

Surely we'd get a Hurricane Higgins

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19738 on: December 15, 2018, 01:27:55 pm »
The Trafford Centre, or more specifically the traffic, especially at this time of the year. I wanted to do a few tip runs today, but I have to use the M60 to get to/from it. The motorway was already dead heavy at half 9 and is now totally fucked.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19739 on: December 15, 2018, 04:51:57 pm »
The perfume / aftershave ads on telly.

Utterly, utterly dreadful. They'd definitely put me off having any association with the products they are selling.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 04:54:28 pm by Spion Night, Holy Night »

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #19740 on: December 15, 2018, 08:25:01 pm »
Putting a bet on[both teams to score] yesterday, for 3pm kickoffs today, i was that ratarsed last night i've gone lost the slip :duh but checking the results one i had was abandoned, & one didn't come in.
#Sausages

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19741 on: December 17, 2018, 03:14:55 pm »
People thinking an english-speaking forum of a non-British team is in any way representative of their fanbase.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19742 on: December 17, 2018, 06:29:11 pm »
When someone comes in to work who is ill and proceeds to rummage through the office sweets and contaminate them. Selfish bastards!

Offline Jack The Lad

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19743 on: December 18, 2018, 07:56:59 am »
Had an interview last week and thought it went really well. Got an email today to say I was unsuccessful.

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #19744 on: December 18, 2018, 08:05:19 am »
Having throat burn, normally a drink of cold milk helps get rid of it, but it's still lingering.
#Sausages

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19745 on: December 18, 2018, 09:08:29 am »
On our way home last night, nipped into an Iceland to grab some bread and cheese (times are hard, cuts gotta be made). The shelf was packed out with bread that was 1 to 2 days past sell by date. I'll happily buy it and toast it, but not at full price.
Jurgen YNWA

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19746 on: December 18, 2018, 11:37:08 am »
On our way home last night, nipped into an Iceland to grab some bread and cheese (times are hard, cuts gotta be made). The shelf was packed out with bread that was 1 to 2 days past sell by date. I'll happily buy it and toast it, but not at full price.

Was it the actual "sell by" and not "best before" date? If so, thats not allowed. They can't sell them at all once past the sell by date, and if its the same day, you usually get a reduction.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19747 on: December 18, 2018, 11:44:24 am »
Was it the actual "sell by" and not "best before" date? If so, thats not allowed. They can't sell them at all once past the sell by date, and if its the same day, you usually get a reduction.

It was whatever date is on the closer tag. I think it was just shit stock rotation, as we told a staff member and they immediately started emptying the shelves. Just a waste as that will all go back to the RDC now and get binned/sent for pigswill - could have gone to the needy if the stock was being rotated properly and on time.
Jurgen YNWA

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19748 on: December 18, 2018, 11:56:19 am »
The reign of Manchester United managers.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #19749 on: December 18, 2018, 12:46:19 pm »
I'm with soxfan, Hollywood has given up trying to think of new ideas and just reboot superhero shite. I hate it as much as I hate smokers

So watch something else. I don't see the problem.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #19750 on: December 18, 2018, 01:27:56 pm »

Can't see the screen through all the smoke...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19751 on: December 18, 2018, 03:51:14 pm »

The problem is the talent and resources of Hollywood getting used up on creating the same rehashed crap year in year out instead of coming up with something new. Who's to say what classic movies, like the next E.T., we are missing out on because execs just greenlight the next Aquaman or AntMan or ManBoy or whatever.

THATS THE PROBLEM

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19752 on: December 18, 2018, 05:52:53 pm »
The problem is the talent and resources of Hollywood getting used up on creating the same rehashed crap year in year out instead of coming up with something new. Who's to say what classic movies, like the next E.T., we are missing out on because execs just greenlight the next Aquaman or AntMan or ManBoy or whatever.

THATS THE PROBLEM

If its not these, it's a load of remakes of films. Next year has the Lion King, Little Women, Aladdin, How to Train your Dragon, Charlies Angels, Pet Semetary, Dumbo, Hellboy and the Addams Family, plus a load of sequels like Toy Story 4.

Only film I'm looking forward to is Star Wars IX
Jurgen YNWA

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #19753 on: December 18, 2018, 07:26:12 pm »
If its not these, it's a load of remakes of films. Next year has the Lion King, Little Women, Aladdin, How to Train your Dragon, Charlies Angels, Pet Semetary, Dumbo, Hellboy and the Addams Family, plus a load of sequels like Toy Story 4.

Only film I'm looking forward to is Star Wars IX

Hang on. You're griping about Toy Story 4 but looking forward to Star Wars NINE!

A Sequel no doubt.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19754 on: December 18, 2018, 08:12:27 pm »
Hang on. You're griping about Toy Story 4 but looking forward to Star Wars NINE!

A Sequel no doubt.

I've been waiting for Star Wars 9 since I was a kid. Lucas said back in the early 80's that it was always intended to be a 9 film series and he started where he did as it was the one film in the series that could be made as a standalone if it failed. After seeing Star Wars in 77, we wanted more and were shocked when the opening credits for Empire said Episode 5. After all that though, whoever did films 1 2 and 3 must never have seen the original trilogy.

Toy Story etc is only ever planned as 1 film and then lets see how well it sells.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19755 on: December 18, 2018, 08:16:16 pm »
Superhero movies are shit, way too many of them around and they're always too in-your-face. Nowadays you have no chance of seeing movies like Rocky, Shawshank, Godfather etc.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #19756 on: December 18, 2018, 08:18:34 pm »
Brussel sprouts

I’ve had them a few times and hated them, and I bought some and ate them the other day and hated them still. Shops shouldn’t sell them. I might eat some in the future though, and moan about how gross they are. Horrid things.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19757 on: December 18, 2018, 08:25:26 pm »
Had an interview last week and thought it went really well. Got an email today to say I was unsuccessful.

Tell me about it.

Dragged down to City centre London for my interview on a pissing down Wednesday afternoon. 400 mile round trip

day off work + £100 it cost me.

Put me though a few hours of psychometric tests which they told me I had passed well at the time. Interview went brilliant and i was sure I had the job.

Got told a few days ago they had recruited an employee referral and an ex-employee of the company who had to leave due to relocation the first time round.

Fuming is too tame a word as to how angry I was.  Would have thought twice if I knew i was basically up against an internal candidate. It was only a fucking poxy Project Manager job FFS :no

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19758 on: December 18, 2018, 08:29:05 pm »
Star Wars.

Loada shite!

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19759 on: December 18, 2018, 08:41:53 pm »
Star Wars.

Loada shite!

They are ace, if you don't take them too seriously.

On the subject, geeks, especially those who weren't even alive when the originals came out, who try and make out the films are something they aren't. They are kids films, nothing else.
Jurgen YNWA