Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023 (FSG posts = get muted) - No Mbappé  (Read 3090917 times)

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - 2023
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2023, 09:36:19 pm »
I like Mac Allister, he's a very good player, but I honestly wouldn't be the slightest bit bothered if he does sign for another team.

agree.

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2023, 09:53:46 pm »
Jones has a question mark over his injuries but they appeared to be freak injuries so he should be relatively ok. Regardless, we have european football of some kind next season so I think we have to be looking at 2 quality additions in midfield.

Yeah, they were freak injuries, and I'd assume he'd be ok. 

regarding our needs in midfield, I'd say two, but then I didn't see inverting TAA  so I was proven wrong there already.

So my take is, if Fabinho can pick up pace, we need one. If not then two is a must.

Will not rub right with the transferwindow winners, but what can you do...

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2023, 09:54:52 pm »
After tonight I hope there’s not going to be anymore let’s sign Tielemans on a free. That should have been well and truly put to bed tonight.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2023, 10:02:06 pm »
After tonight I hope there’s not going to be anymore let’s sign Tielemans on a free. That should have been well and truly put to bed tonight.

There’s only a few on here that wanted him, he can strike a decent ball but doesn’t have much else to offer

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2023, 10:03:50 pm »
We still need three midfielders imo if we want to challenge for the title, a 6 and 8 minimum starting quality and the third could be a project

Offline HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2023, 10:05:35 pm »
Klopp pretty much confirmed before the game that we won't be going back to our tradiitonal 433 formation. Well that's how I interpreted it. Anyone else see the interview?

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2023, 10:05:50 pm »
We still need three midfielders imo if we want to challenge for the title, a 6 and 8 minimum starting quality and the third could be a project
Would you accept a 21 and a 32 if they were good enough?, that 66 fella playing for us isn't bad.

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2023, 10:06:16 pm »
Oh come on.  ;D
Ok, name five keepers Jurgen Klopp is picking ahead of Kelleher. I’ll give you a headstart, Ederson. Please finish the list.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2023, 10:06:19 pm »
Looks like Mount will be joining.

Back in training now. Will get his send off as planned.

Offline amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2023, 10:10:21 pm »
Mount would do very well in Henderson’s current role.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2023, 10:14:40 pm »
*Looks around*

So, uh... what happened to the 266 pages of Samie and Peter fantasy fanfic?

It was more slash fiction.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2023, 10:15:26 pm »

If we keep this new system i reckon he'd score quite a few from either of those more advanced midfield positions. Just like the City central guys do. Not sure Hendo really has the nack but Mount does.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2023, 10:16:05 pm »
I know it seems harsh because he was okay overall, but we're clearly crying out for some quality in place of Henderson in midfield. He's industrious and still has his place in the squad, but his limitations on the ball are exposed in this system because he's finding himself higher up the pitch.

We targeted Bellingham and Tchouameni and you can see them both in that position. Mac Allister less so, it feels like he's earmarked for the left side. Mount is probably the only credibly linked player who you can see in that position and he makes a lot of sense in that role for me.

That Steinburg guy who wrote that Guardian article is pretty solid for Chelsea stuff if I recall.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2023, 10:17:07 pm »
Klopp pretty much confirmed before the game that we won't be going back to our tradiitonal 433 formation. Well that's how I interpreted it. Anyone else see the interview?

Yeah, he seemed quite pointed that it was the plan to change the way we play at some point anyway and the way the season has panned out has meant he's done it earlier than originally anticipated. I was really surprised at that.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2023, 10:17:11 pm »
Klopp on Trent: we will have time next season to really work on his new position.”

I know I’m massively reading into this but I think we’re buying a RB. And if we do, I think it will be Timber.

Oh, and the Guardian earlier saying there’s growing expectation Mount will leave Chelsea despite Pochettino’s appointment and that we’re favourites to sign him.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/may/15/chelsea-victor-osimhen-napoli-mauricio-pochettino-mason-mount

Yes! Finally!

I REALLY wanted to hear that from Klopp. Thank You.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2023, 10:19:52 pm »
Trent to be our Pirlo,no pressure.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2023, 10:20:24 pm »
Yes! Finally!

I REALLY wanted to hear that from Klopp. Thank You.

The quote doesn’t say he’s going to move position. Says we’re going to work on his new position. Which is an inverted RB. You don’t buy a new RB when you’ve got Trent.

Re any LCM we might buy… don’t do it. We’ve got Jones. We really should be blowing our whole midfield budget in Bellingham to be honest. I could live with this version of Fabinho for a year if he has the legs of Trent, Bellingham and Jones around him. Our transfer strategy is so village.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2023, 10:22:05 pm »

No, we don't. The 3rd midfielder would only take away the playing time from Jones, Elliott and Bajcetic. That money will be much better spent on a left sided central defender ...

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2023, 10:26:25 pm »
Agreed. Elliott will do but he also still learning.
Mount has done something no MF at Liverpool under Klopp has done already in the PL.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2023, 10:26:54 pm »
I'm getting sceptical about the Ugarte links now. Fabinho's obviously staying and seems to be finding form. Bajcetic will be back for pre-season, and Thiago/Henderson can play as a 6 if needed. Would we really spend £50m on Ugarte if he can't play as an 8?

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2023, 10:28:09 pm »
No, we don't. The 3rd midfielder would only take away the playing time from Jones, Elliott and Bajcetic. That money will be much better spent on a left sided central defender ...

Do you trust Jone, Thiago to stay fit?

All depends though. If a new what other positions these midfielders can play.

Mount and Mac Allister will be fine. I would like to see a top youth midfielder sign also.

Hendo minutes need managing next season and we will still more than likely have EL next season.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2023, 10:28:30 pm »
I'm getting sceptical about the Ugarte links now. Fabinho's obviously staying and seems to be finding form. Bajcetic will be back for pre-season, and Thiago/Henderson can play as a 6 if needed. Would we really spend £50m on Ugarte if he can't play as an 8?

indeed, why sign anyone now we’ve won a few games in a row

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: May 15, 2023, 10:30:03 pm »
2 weeks today for our first signing I reckon, well maybe not official confirmation but news of a medical or journo's going from "interested" to "in discussions". Gonna be props emosh to see who we get. The right signings and we are looking at a quadruple next season.

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: May 15, 2023, 10:31:37 pm »
Agreed. Elliott will do but he also still learning.
Mount has done something no MF at Liverpool under Klopp has done already in the PL.
What?

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: May 15, 2023, 10:31:38 pm »
Do you trust Jones, Thiago to stay fit?

Thiago, Jones, Bajcetic. That should be enough for our left sided midfield position next season, if we sign 2 midfielders of starting quality for the other 2 midfield positions ...

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: May 15, 2023, 10:32:24 pm »
2 weeks today for our first signing I reckon, well maybe not official confirmation but news of a medical or journo's going from "interested" to "in discussions". Gonna be props emosh to see who we get. The right signings and we are looking at a quadruple next season.
We'll start getting confirmations once the season is over.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: May 15, 2023, 10:33:16 pm »
What?
10 Non Penalty goals and 10 assists which he did last year.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: May 15, 2023, 10:34:11 pm »

we will never get close to the quadruple, i’d be delighted with a proper challenge but i don’t think FSG will fund what’s required, the chances of us challenging will also diminish greatly if we prioritise the wrong signings

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: May 15, 2023, 10:34:12 pm »
We'll start getting confirmations once the season is over.
2230 on the night of the final game im expecting Joyce to confirm we've agreed a deal for Mount

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: May 15, 2023, 10:34:43 pm »
indeed, why sign anyone now we’ve won a few games in a row
You're not wrong. If we keep up this form we'll finish on 114 points next season.

Online MonsLibpool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: May 15, 2023, 10:34:46 pm »
10 Non Penalty goals and 10 assists which he did last year.
Impressive stats.

Offline dirkster

• Legacy Fan
  • Dirk Kuyt. Working Class hero
« Reply #71 on: May 15, 2023, 10:35:15 pm »
Completely agree with this. Get 2 midfielders and a left sided defender and I think we'll be challenging for the title again.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: May 15, 2023, 10:35:43 pm »
We don't need three midfielders, two would be good. Fabinho has been good in recent weeks if we don't get an out and out 6, then i think its important to get someone who can double as a 6/8 such as Caicedo and Kone.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: May 15, 2023, 10:39:12 pm »
Completely agree with this. Get 2 midfielders and a left sided defender and I think we'll be challenging for the title again.

We’d need a very good right back + another forward like Eze

i suspect you at right though and we will do the minimum

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2023, 10:44:16 pm »
Klopp on Trent: we will have time next season to really work on his new position.”

I know I’m massively reading into this but I think we’re buying a RB. And if we do, I think it will be Timber.

Oh, and the Guardian earlier saying there’s growing expectation Mount will leave Chelsea despite Pochettino’s appointment and that we’re favourites to sign him.
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/may/15/chelsea-victor-osimhen-napoli-mauricio-pochettino-mason-mount

Gwan Southgate

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #75 on: May 15, 2023, 10:46:01 pm »
Good luck signing an LCM better than Jones or Thiago!

A 6 and an RCM plus defenders is the shopping list

Online cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: May 15, 2023, 10:47:41 pm »
Times saying Arsenal after Rice for £90m and also Caicedo, hopefully we can muscle in

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #77 on: May 15, 2023, 10:54:07 pm »
I'd be "worried", to be precise...
All of a sudden... everything seems dandy again.. after a professional performance against relegation fodder.
I hope we're not thinking of delaying that very important position in midfield... again.

I'm not saying we should go for Ugarte- I'm worried that we're going to overlook that position again. We've seen this season that if Fab is off-the-pace/injured, it doesn't matter who we have available- we will struggle. Sure, the footy-manager scenarios look fun- "we can play x here..", "y can do this job" etc... but in practice, we're screwed!

A little more ruthlessness and/or foresight wouldn't go amiss, and I would like to see that.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2023, 10:56:23 pm by the_red_pill »
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: May 15, 2023, 10:55:22 pm »
If anything we need to be looking at selling Fabinho now whilst he's playing decent and stock is relatively high

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: May 15, 2023, 10:57:32 pm »
We need an athletic rcm
Mac Alistar makes no sense hopefully that link goes.
Mobile 6 still needed too