Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4572189 times)

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
And still don't.

So what. The United States, rather famously, isn't an elective dictatorship. What the voters say is balanced by what the Constitution and the courts say.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
He didn't say or suggest that he was going to use government (taxpayer's)  money to benefit his own business interests though, which is the line of questioning that Lord is asking to be dropped because of the supposed mandate for it. If it's not illegal it certainly should be and no supposed mandate can cover that. Hopefully not many politicians will advocate dropping sexual assault and racial discrimination laws just because there's actually a theoretical mandate that based on what we knew about Trump before the election.
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
So what. The United States, rather famously, isn't an elective dictatorship. What the voters say is balanced by what the Constitution and the courts say.

The Constitution says you can't discriminate on race or religion, yet they elected someone who campaigned on doing exactly that. Chances are he gets to remake the highest court in the land in his own image.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
The Constitution says you can't discriminate on race or religion, yet they elected someone who campaigned on doing exactly that. Chances are he gets to remake the highest court in the land in his own image.

So the court is moving into a fat ugly poorly thatched building, sprayed orange, with strangely tiny appendages and Trump written in massive letters across it.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan

Did he discriminate? He certainly showed an awful lot of racial prejudice, and it was sickening to hear, but one could argue that the Constitution, in protecting free speech, allows him to do that.

If, on his first day in office, he fires all the black staff in the White House, or forces them into using segregated facilities - i.e.shows racial discrimination - I would certainly expect the courts to get involved.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump

Totally made up facts by sleazebag political operatives, both Democrats and Republicans - FAKE NEWS! Russia says nothing exists. Probably...

released by "Intelligence" even knowing there is no proof, and never will be. My people will have a full report on hacking within 90 days!
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 4h4 hours ago
What are Hillary Clinton's people complaining about with respect to the F.B.I. Based on the information they had she should never.....

have been allowed to run - guilty as hell. They were VERY nice to her. She lost because she campaigned in the wrong states - no enthusiasm!

Still banging on about Hillary and how he beat her.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Totally made up facts by sleazebag political operatives, both Democrats and Republicans - FAKE NEWS! Russia says nothing exists. Probably released by "Intelligence" even knowing there is no proof, and never will be. My people will have a full report on hacking within 90 days!
What are Hillary Clinton's people complaining about with respect to the F.B.I. Based on the information they had she should never have been allowed to run - guilty as hell. They were VERY nice to her. She lost because she campaigned in the wrong states - no enthusiasm!

Stop it now, somehow. Fffs
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 04:59:34 pm by kcbworth »

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
Agree on that, but it's worth pointing out that a lot of drug companies have set up shop in NJ. if ideology weren't such a big problem with American Politics you'd expect the vote to pass overwhelmingly but with votes against perhaps coming from the states which would have the most to lose, and New Jersey is one of those states regardless of how much they're getting from big pharma. I'm not actually a fan of booker and I'm not saying it was right to vote against the bill, just that it's possibly more complicated than him being in the pocket of big pharma or him shifting to the right.

And if it's booker v trump in 2020 god help us all.

My thinking is there are a lot of angry leftists and minorities and whatnot who want to burn the Dems down to the ground and start over. I think everyone in this thread can agree that we'd rather have a Democrat in office with control of the Senate and Congress but there's a decent number of them who aren't "good guys".

And because there's so many angry people who feel empowered by Bernie (for better or worse) and to a lesser extent Hillary, these Democrats who vote against the interests of the working class are going to be under a microscope. I mostly agree with those people but reading the Labour thread, I'm worried we'll all be fighting about idealogical purity while Trump and his cronies are destroying the country.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
I think everyone in this thread can agree that we'd rather have a Democrat basically anyone else in the entire political establishment in office

Fixed

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
Fixed

I think everyone in this thread can agree that we'd rather have a Democrat any random person plucked from the street in office

Fixed again.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Fixed again.

And by 'random person from the street', I'd literally take a homeless person.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
And by 'random person from the street', I'd literally take a homeless person.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Z39P-OKKTs4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Z39P-OKKTs4</a>

i'd definitely take him over Trump
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 04:33:18 pm by theMilkman »
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
i'd definitely take him over Trump

Made more sense than his press conferences

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
Stop it now, somehow. Fffs

Ha ha ha!

Good summary there. I wonder how long it will take before everyone sees it.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
Fixed again.

48% chance it's a Trump voter though...
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
48% chance it's a Trump voter though...

Far less than that.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
A homeless person would probably say fuck refugees, I haven't got a bean.
Kill the humourless

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Where's Forest Gump when you need him?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan

Last seen on a park bench with a box of chocolate.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Umbarto

• of the Red Dojo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 08:12:29 pm by Umbarto »

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Last seen on a park bench with a box of chocolate.

Stuck with Forest Trump then seemingly :-/

Popcorn's Art

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
one fucking week till this buffoon is our president, FFS

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
I guess he angered the intelligence community a bit much. Bold move cotton.
But his voters still love him. Have a look at fox news- nothing has even happened. That's their reality.
Soon they will all be watching the Trump presidential channel, with exclusive rights to the administration's press conferences.
I think this will drag on for a long time.
He'll wait for the next terrorist attack, to get an excuse to expand the antiterrorist laws. Label huffpost and nyt as subversive, shut them down in time for the election. Putin and erdogan have shown how it's done.
Bit surprised his sons didn't get cabinet jobs though

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
His sons will be too busy meeting foreign leaders and businessmen for that kind of thing.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
Almost enough to wish Michelle Obama would run against  him, but it's too much to ask of a woman of such grace and dignity to put herself through that much of a shit storm, even though it would be putting the national and global good above her own interests.  Something Drumpf knows nothing about.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Almost enough to wish Michelle Obama would run against  him, but it's too much to ask of a woman of such grace and dignity to put herself through that much of a shit storm, even though it would be putting the national and global good above her own interests.  Something Drumpf knows nothing about.

She would win by an absolute landslide. She won't run.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
She would win by an absolute landslide. She won't run.

Exactly.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
Erdogan applauded Trump's attack on CNN at his own press conference today. I forget how many Turkish journalists that savage has imprisoned in the last few weeks.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Erdogan applauded Trump's attack on CNN at his own press conference today. I forget how many Turkish journalists that savage has imprisoned in the last few weeks.

The Hungarian wannabe dictator is making similar noises today too.

Pčople really do not learn from history,  do they?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline TravisBickle

• KnowsVotersAreFickle!
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK n' Roll

Fascists, demagogues and authoritarians of all stripes have been energised massively by Trump's victory. If such a man can rise to the top in a democracy like America's they have absolutely no reason to feel they should deter.

Worth remembering that Brexit was a massive shot in the arm for Trump, as well. That can't be repeated enough.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea and he conquered the bloody world! And that's what I wanted; for Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
I'm not sure what that has to do with Trump. Cory Booker's behaviour doesn't make Trump's election in any way ok.

This has become a standard reply. "Yeah, but Clinton/Obama/Democrats would've/could've/did the same." Because that has everything to do with what Trump is doing.
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
This has become a standard reply. "Yeah, but Clinton/Obama/Democrats would've/could've/did the same." Because that has everything to do with what Trump is doing.

That isn't what I was saying at all.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
Wonder who's supplying the broads for next week?

Hookers from around the world must be gathering for this one.

Debauchery will probably be juiciest wherever Todger Stone struts his vehicle.

I just re-watched Angels in America, Pacino's wonderful portrayal of the American Machiavelli Roy Cohn. 

Such a hateful man.

Trump's idol and lawyer.

Nero scarfs his Big Mac.
Kill the humourless

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
 Trump suggests he may drop Russia sanctions if Moscow 'is helpful'

President-elect also hints that Beijing will need to show good faith on trade practices for him to commit to ‘One China’ policy

Donald Trump has suggested he might drop sanctions against Russia and that the communist party rulers in Beijing needed to show good faith on currency and trade practices before he committed to a “One China” policy on Taiwan.

In fresh signs that the US president-elect is prepared to reshape longstanding Washington foreign policy, he told the Wall Street Journal that he would keep sanctions against Russia in place “at least for a period of time”.

But he added: “If you get along and if Russia is really helping us, why would anybody have sanctions if somebody’s doing some really great things?”

Trump’s policy towards Russia is the subject of intense interest in Washington amid a Senate inquiry into allegations that the Kremlin ordered a hacking operation against the Democratic party to help the billionaire politician win the November election.

Trump – who has praised Vladimir Putin for being “very smart” – said he was willing to meet the Russian president in the months after he moves into the White House following his January 20 inauguration.

“I understand that they would like to meet, and that’s absolutely fine with me,” he said.

Controversy also surrounds the Trump administrations’s attitude towards China, with soon-to-be secretary of state Rex Tillerson warning Beijing this week that China would “not be allowed access” to its artificial islands in the South China Sea.

Asked if he supported the “One China” policy on Taiwan that has underpinned US relations with Beijing for decades, Trump said: “Everything is under negotiation including ‘One China’,” the Journal reported.

Trump caused offence in Beijing when he took a congratulatory telephone call from Taiwan’s president in the wake of his election victory – a breach of the “One China” protocol under which Washington agreed to withdraw diplomatic recognition of the island nation as part of a deal to open up relations with the mainland.

On Taiwan, he told the Journal: “We sold them $2bn of military equipment last year. We can sell them $2bn of the latest and greatest military equipment but we’re not allowed to accept a phone call. First of all it would have been very rude not to accept the phone call.”

During the election campaign Trump said he would label China a currency manipulator on the first day of taking office. The yuan has fallen steadily against the dollar in recent years, bringing accusations from the US that Beijing has deliberately forced its currency lower to gain a market advantage for its exports.

Trump told the Journal he would stop short of officially branding China a manipulator but was critical of Beijing’s financial policies and said: “Certainly they are manipulators”.

“Instead of saying: ‘We’re devaluating our currency,’ they say, ‘oh, our currency is dropping’. It’s not dropping. They’re doing it on purpose.

“Our companies can’t compete with them now because our currency is strong and it’s killing us,” Trump said.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/jan/14/trump-suggests-he-may-drop-russia-sanctions-if-moscow-helpful
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
Fascists, demagogues and authoritarians of all stripes have been energised massively by Trump's victory. If such a man can rise to the top in a democracy like America's they have absolutely no reason to feel they should deter.

Worth remembering that Brexit was a massive shot in the arm for Trump, as well. That can't be repeated enough.

A lot of unsavoury individuals have been empowered, it seems. It trickles down into all levels of society.

Recently I've been dealing with a bunch of quite frankly unreasonable clients. Privilege notwithstanding, I come out of telcons thinking they live their life by Art of the Deal.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
RE the currency devaluation, can any economics expert (or anyone for that matter) explain how a country could intentionally cause their currency to be devalued?

(Sorry for the slight derail of the topic)
Believer

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me

Offline Party Phil

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
44% of people still think he is anything but an absolute clown.
 :butt

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
RE the currency devaluation, can any economics expert (or anyone for that matter) explain how a country could intentionally cause their currency to be devalued?

(Sorry for the slight derail of the topic)

in general it really depends on the circumstances of the country, what their surpluses are, how actively it's traded, inflation etc.

In the case of China, the central bank which is controlled by the state controls the way the currency traded, in that all buyers and sellers have had to trade at a price set by them. A somewhat simplified description is that the price is reset at the beginning of every day and allowed to fluctuate a tiny bit during trading hours. If they set the price far below what they know what sellers would like to sell at and what buyers would be willing to pay, then they're artificially keeping the value down. They also do a bunch of other things like increase the supply of yuan in the market by selling fresh notes or hoarding dollars to keep them out of the market and raising the price for them- thus comparatively reducing the value of the yuan.

the funny thing is all the evidence points to China no longer being a currency manipulator and hasn't been for more than a year. China has sold about $600b USD over the past year and  half to try and help boost the value of the yuan. But try telling that to Trump.
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish