Author Topic: Unpopular Opinions  (Read 135032 times)

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Unpopular Opinions
« Reply #280 on: May 19, 2022, 06:04:01 pm »
I do  :D
As I'm sure hundreds of other posters on here do. No doubt there are some wankers that drive a BMW, but there are probably an equal number of wankers that drive a Skoda, a Hyundai or a Renault.
If everyone named every single incident they'd encountered of another driver being a dickhead, I've no doubt a BMW wouldn't be top of the list for the make of car.
well it may well be a case of confirmation bias, but I'd say about 50% of the time I see someone driving like a prick, he (rarely a she) is in a BMW.  and most times a BMW sedan not an SUV.

and I don't live in the UK so it's not a UK-only phenomenon.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #281 on: May 19, 2022, 06:09:57 pm »
Almost certainly confirmation bias. Pretty much everyone is trained for years to believe BMW drivers are all dicks. Most people can recall a specific incident of a BMW driver being a dick. But most people will also be able to recall a specific incident of a driver being a dick without remember the make of car.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: May 19, 2022, 06:16:36 pm »
Almost certainly confirmation bias. Pretty much everyone is trained for years to believe BMW drivers are all dicks. Most people can recall a specific incident of a BMW driver being a dick. But most people will also be able to recall a specific incident of a driver being a dick without remember the make of car.
eh?? trained by who?  why?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #283 on: May 19, 2022, 07:42:34 pm »
eh?? trained by who?  why?

BMW drivers mainly I’d guess. :D

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #284 on: May 19, 2022, 08:03:25 pm »
Driving is overrated and not necessary for more people than you'd think

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: May 19, 2022, 08:04:22 pm »
Beer and gambling and sports, along with everything being easy to get and the algorithms that control what we listen to, has programmed us to be docile

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #286 on: May 19, 2022, 08:07:05 pm »
Football is massively overrated particularly in England, and I'd say there's too many people who use it as a sort of backup personality

(probably a popular take here and only here! I have an almost spiritual connection to our club it's woven through my life from childhood to losing my parents, it's emblematic of belief and hard work.... But frankly, if Liverpool ceased to exist, I'd like football less than darts. Not that far from it now, sod the world Cup)

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: May 19, 2022, 08:08:28 pm »
The national lottery is for people who can't do maths

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: May 19, 2022, 08:11:21 pm »
Being rich is a narrow minded, daft goal that would rob you of many a life lesson, that too many people see as transformative and thus may lead you to escape yourself

Being comfortable (but perhaps not so comfortable you don't give a toss) is where it's at

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #289 on: May 19, 2022, 08:13:02 pm »
People who use their hands on strangers are the absolute worst

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #290 on: May 19, 2022, 08:19:33 pm »
People who use their hands on strangers are the absolute worst

Even masseurs?

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: May 19, 2022, 08:25:04 pm »
Even masseurs?

They would count as professionals, and thus consent implied

... Unless they go around in their spare time being handsy with people! THE PLOT THICKENS

That wouldn't be a happy ending for anybody

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: May 19, 2022, 08:38:59 pm »
Pulp in 1995 were better than virtually anybody. Oasis, certainly.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: May 19, 2022, 10:19:09 pm »
Pulp in 1995 were better than virtually anybody. Oasis, certainly.

Correct yet again.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: May 19, 2022, 10:38:21 pm »
Football is massively overrated particularly in England, and I'd say there's too many people who use it as a sort of backup personality

(probably a popular take here and only here! I have an almost spiritual connection to our club it's woven through my life from childhood to losing my parents, it's emblematic of belief and hard work.... But frankly, if Liverpool ceased to exist, I'd like football less than darts. Not that far from it now, sod the world Cup)

This is true.

Offline nuts100

• RAWK's Squirrel Accountant
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: May 19, 2022, 10:55:42 pm »

In america it's Toyota drivers - and it's every demographic - every

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #296 on: May 19, 2022, 10:58:43 pm »
Money can buy you happiness..
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline Johnny Foreigner

• King of the Trabbies. Major Mod Thruster.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: May 19, 2022, 11:12:14 pm »
Its better to watch the match on the telly compared to the new main stand
It’s not even about individuality, it’s about the team. Our game was based on his controlling of the tempo. Squeeze the life out of the opposition and then strike. That is our game. Like a pack of pythons.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: May 20, 2022, 12:11:44 am »
Its better to watch the match on the telly compared to the new main stand
easy to solve that problem - sit next to Kenny.  :)

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: May 20, 2022, 06:36:40 am »
they are too big for our roads,  they don't fit in parking spaces, they cause visibility issues at junctions and put cyclists and pedestrians at greater risk due to blocking sightlines, nightmare when crossing a road with kids

much the same as busses, vans, trucks, fire engines, ban 'em all, let the cyclists and pedestrians take over.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: May 20, 2022, 06:40:51 am »
Football is a public service and as such the CL final should be shown on massive screens in squares the country over (just Liverpool would do) for anybody to enjoy and share in, free, gratis, out of the goodness of hearts

(if I ever run for President and they dig through my past, stuff like this will sink me)

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: May 20, 2022, 07:04:16 am »
Georginio Wijnaldum is the most overrated player Liverpool have had in my 21 years of supporting the club.

Game of Thrones is boring and a classic example of people jumping on a bandwagon

Cats are superior to dogs.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: May 20, 2022, 07:38:19 am »
much the same as busses, vans, trucks, fire engines, ban 'em all, let the cyclists and pedestrians take over.

Um, have you seen out roads?

I find it crazy how many SUVs are the same size as a small van and offer none of the benefits.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #303 on: May 20, 2022, 07:39:19 am »
Football is a public service and as such the CL final should be shown on massive screens in squares the country over (just Liverpool would do) for anybody to enjoy and share in, free, gratis, out of the goodness of hearts

(if I ever run for President and they dig through my past, stuff like this will sink me)

Wrong thread.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: May 20, 2022, 08:00:59 am »

I find it crazy how many SUVs are the same size as a small van and offer none of the benefits.

I'm an immigrant to Aus, spent most of my life in Liverpool.
Point being if you are going to ban vehicles for the things Rob listed you have to ban all such vehicles or there's no point because those things will still exist.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: May 20, 2022, 08:09:26 am »
Money can buy you happiness..

It buys you freedom and control, which is basically happiness. Deffo popular!

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: May 20, 2022, 08:37:57 am »

Everything you mentioned is needed whereas massive SUVs are not 😁

In the case of trucks, I can carry 26 1 tonne pallets on the back, you'd need 26 pickups to deliver one load and if done by bike you'd need a few hundred and a week to get one load to Scotland 😉
« Last Edit: May 20, 2022, 08:41:22 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: May 20, 2022, 11:26:38 am »
I'm an immigrant to Aus, spent most of my life in Liverpool.
Point being if you are going to ban vehicles for the things Rob listed you have to ban all such vehicles or there's no point because those things will still exist.

Nah, as Rob's said, there is little need for SUVs for private transport in town. Also there is a difference between having the odd large vehicle on a small road vs having every dickheads massive car there.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: May 20, 2022, 02:05:04 pm »

I dislike the small-house-sized SUVs but for most of them -- if you suffer from  a bad back, getting in and out of one is a dream compared to a sedan.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: May 20, 2022, 02:07:04 pm »
Everything you mentioned is needed whereas massive SUVs are not 😁

In the case of trucks, I can carry 26 1 tonne pallets on the back, you'd need 26 pickups to deliver one load and if done by bike you'd need a few hundred and a week to get one load to Scotland 😉
but think how healthy the delivery people would be! and reduction in health care costs!  and the benefit to the environment!

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: May 20, 2022, 02:09:32 pm »
All disposable plastic decorations/toys/paraphernalia for celebrations and the like should be banned.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #311 on: May 20, 2022, 02:11:24 pm »
All disposable plastic decorations/toys/paraphernalia for celebrations and the like should be banned.
be honest, you just really hate Chelsea and MCity fans, right?

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #312 on: May 20, 2022, 02:11:30 pm »
but think how healthy the delivery people would be! and reduction in health care costs!  and the benefit to the environment!

M74 in winter would be full of frozen cyclists ;D
Jurgen YNWA

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: May 20, 2022, 02:12:45 pm »
be honest, you just really hate Chelsea and MCity fans, right?

;D

M74 in winter would be full of frozen cyclists ;D

;D

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: May 20, 2022, 04:11:26 pm »
Betting on football is dumb.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: May 20, 2022, 04:26:09 pm »

Horse racing only exists for betting and should be banned.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #316 on: May 20, 2022, 04:29:14 pm »
Horse racing only exists for betting and should be banned.

Where would all those posh chaps in brown Trilbys congregate though?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: May 20, 2022, 04:36:27 pm »

it is if you don't know what you're doing.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #318 on: May 20, 2022, 04:42:50 pm »

While it's not every BMW, Audi etc. driver.

I'd say that 90% of 'What the actual fuck' moments are drivers of those specific cars. I'm never quite sure if they are genuinely as shite at driving as they appear or if they don't give a fuck because 'LOOK AT ME IN ME FLASHY MOTOR! RULES OF THE ROAD DON'T APPLY TO ME MOTHERFUCKERS!!! AWAAHAHAHAHA!"

But they are fucking terrbile in the main. It's actually quite a surprise to see one NOT driving like an arsehole.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #319 on: May 20, 2022, 11:01:55 pm »
Even those who love their partner get tempted by others from time to time.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez