Author Topic: David Moyes was the manager of Manchester United  (Read 3093841 times)

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: David Moyes
« Reply #160 on: July 1, 2013, 12:14:58 pm »
I still cant believe it  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Hasn't quite got the idea how a mouse mat functions yet has he, still, with all this money now at his disposal, a computer must be a novelty.

Meanwhile, back at Goodison Park, Kenwright eagerly opens the box of the new Argos delivery...

And Martinz arrives on his first day, and has brought his own pot to piss in...

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: July 1, 2013, 12:27:18 pm »
And Martinz arrives on his first day, and has brought his own pot to piss in...

Isn't that more like the British equivalent of show and tell? I'm pretty sure he'd have to explain to Everton and their supporters what that actually is.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: July 1, 2013, 12:58:31 pm »
I can't believe that people don't believe he won't have endless success there. Football and Manchester United are very little to do with 'The Man in charge'. It's like he's taken over a business like ASDA or Tescos. The corporate machine will rumble on. That club has more money than it could ever spend and it will continue to grind on as always. I think there will be a lot of upset people that think they will collapse. Ferguson was an average manager and Moyes will prove that by continuing success.
Money doesn't guarantee success by any means. City won nothing last year and they've spent a lot more than Utd recently and Mancini is a lot more of an accomplished manager than Moues.

Although, you're clearly fishing with the Ferguson being an average manager line.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #163 on: July 1, 2013, 01:11:29 pm »
Money doesn't guarantee success by any means. City won nothing last year and they've spent a lot more than Utd recently and Mancini is a lot more of an accomplished manager than Moues.

Although, you're clearly fishing with the Ferguson being an average manager line.

It is clear that Moyes is a very average manager. I don't think that is any doubt whatsoever.

Therefore, if Moyes continues the success at the club as if nothing had changed, then I think you'd have to accept that the previous manager was also very average and had been carried along by the club and their success.

Pretty straightforward idea that. I'm convinced that Moyes will be as successful as Ferguson. It's inevitable. If he is then there can be no doubt as to the abilities of the previous manager.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Mercer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: July 1, 2013, 01:12:00 pm »
I can't believe that people don't believe he won't have endless success there. Football and Manchester United are very little to do with 'The Man in charge'. It's like he's taken over a business like ASDA or Tescos. The corporate machine will rumble on. That club has more money than it could ever spend and it will continue to grind on as always. I think there will be a lot of upset people that think they will collapse. Ferguson was an average manager and Moyes will prove that by continuing success.

I'm as happy as the next bloke to dig out United but come on...

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
« Reply #165 on: July 1, 2013, 01:13:10 pm »
How can the previous manager be average if he's the one who started the success and built the club from top to bottom? Must be trolling  :)

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
David Moyes
« Reply #166 on: July 1, 2013, 01:26:56 pm »
Seeing him sitting in that chair. It's like Hodgson all over again.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: July 1, 2013, 01:48:49 pm »
Seeing him and all his shite staff driving in to work this morning just gives me this feeling of great joy because I honestly believe that this could go tits up for them
He's never going to be as good as bacon face FACT
We don't really know if he is any good as a manager, a couple of signs whilst at Everton that he might come good, but most of his time there points to him not being up to the task of managing and winning things (not consistently anyway) at Man U
Changing the complete backroom staff is not going to help him in any way as a lot of those players have been used to the methods and the staff carrying them out for a long long time

Spot on with the Hodgson comparison in that pic fingers crossed eh ;D

Offline Fredo C

• Anny Roader
« Reply #168 on: July 1, 2013, 01:57:07 pm »
That desk looks way too cheap for a club as rich as theirs

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: July 1, 2013, 01:59:19 pm »
Andy calling Ferguson an average manager, well I never.

He may be a horrible, horrible twat, but he was a brilliant manager, and you're deluded if you think otherwise.

Offline ManchesterBlue

• Hologram fan with digital flag 'full members cup runners up 1986'.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blue Moon, you saw me standing alone
Re: Re: David Moyes
« Reply #170 on: July 1, 2013, 02:16:17 pm »
Andy calling Ferguson an average manager, well I never.

He may be a horrible, horrible twat, but he was a brilliant manager, and you're deluded if you think otherwise.
A "brilliant" manager would surely have won more than 2 pretty jammy CL finals.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: July 1, 2013, 02:22:11 pm »
A "brilliant" manager would surely have won more than 2 pretty jammy CL finals.

I guess his 13 league titles, 5 FA Cups, 4 league cups count for nothing then.

Only Paisley has won big ears more times than him.

I hate the old bastard, but you can't argue with that record.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #172 on: July 1, 2013, 02:51:05 pm »
I guess his 13 league titles, 5 FA Cups, 4 league cups count for nothing then.

Only Paisley has won big ears more times than him.

I hate the old bastard, but you can't argue with that record.

The list of managers that have won it twice is pretty big. And how many of them had been at a club with the unlimited funds Ferguson had for so long?

18 Managers have won it twice. Bob won it thrice.

Which ever way you paint it, Fergusons record with all that cash is pretty dire.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: July 1, 2013, 03:43:54 pm »
Come off it he was an excellent manager. Not the best ever but certainly just below it.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #174 on: July 1, 2013, 03:48:19 pm »

Which ever way you paint it, Fergusons record with all that cash is pretty dire.

Compare it to our record over the last 20 years considering we havent spent much less then them over the period and you cant argue with his record or his ability as a manager.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline thelinnen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: July 1, 2013, 03:49:05 pm »
Couldn't do it earlier as I was on my phone. Scarily similar feeling here. Both have smiles like kids who have won a competition.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #176 on: July 1, 2013, 03:51:21 pm »

The list of managers that have won it twice is pretty big. And how many of them had been at a club with the unlimited funds Ferguson had for so long?

18 Managers have won it twice. Bob won it thrice.

:lmao

breath

:lmao

You're priceless Andy. So Fergie's record with all that cash is dire now is it? Awesome, anything else to add to it?

Oh for a crap manager and a 25 year stint like that lot have just had.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline ManchesterBlue

• Hologram fan with digital flag 'full members cup runners up 1986'.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blue Moon, you saw me standing alone
« Reply #177 on: July 1, 2013, 03:52:50 pm »
Come off it he was an excellent manager. Not the best ever but certainly just below it.
Of course his domestic record makes him a very good manager. But he was able to buy virtually whoever he wanted whenever he wanted them. Plus they brought through an exceptional crop of youngsters who formed the core of the team for a good number of years.

When any other team came along with that sort of financial power then they challenged him. If he'd built that club from scratch on a shoestring it would have been a different matter.

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: July 1, 2013, 03:53:53 pm »
If the press tell me Fergie is greatest i will believe it just like Bale better than Ronaldo. Fergie great manager but only good coach, if only 2 champions league in 20 years don't tell you that nothing else will.

For guy that meant to be best of all time he is one worst tactical managers i have seen. I for one don't believe Man u will keep up dominating, this is Moyes we are talking about.
Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: July 1, 2013, 03:56:07 pm »
Both those players decided to leave when Rafa was still in charge.

Wayne Rooney or Ribery wanted to leave their clubs on a number of occassions, that´s not the point. It´s the overall policy of not going for the best possible options squad wise and transfer wise which makes big players wanting to leave and it doesn´t matter if it´s about a manager or the players the club wants to bring to the club.

What I am trying to say is that a whenever a club has lost the will to go for the CL title every year, theoretically, the star players will start to search for other options. Rafa has been axed by people within the club and the players are not that naive not knowing what´s going on within a club.

Moyes, Baines are a very bad sign to be linked with as a club and even bring them in.  ManU has started to destroy their winning mentality with only mentioning those names and with the likes of Rooney, Nani, Evra mentioned in the press for a possible move consequences already started to kick in.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: July 1, 2013, 03:57:41 pm »
If the press tell me Fergie is greatest i will believe it just like Bale better than Ronaldo. Fergie great manager but only good coach, if only 2 champions league in 20 years don't tell you that nothing else will.

For guy that meant to be best of all time he is one worst tactical managers i have seen. I for one don't believe Man u will keep up dominating, this is Moyes we are talking about.
Fergie really isn't a coach. He has a hands of method and allows his staff to do the work with players and he does the rest.

Tactically, "one of the worst" is Bullshit. I wouldn't say he's the best, or amongst the best, but he's nowhere near the worst.

Offline Mercer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: July 1, 2013, 03:59:40 pm »
This thread has gone from laughing at Moyes to defending/attacking Ferguson's ability as a manager.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #182 on: July 1, 2013, 04:02:15 pm »
Of course his domestic record makes him a very good manager. But he was able to buy virtually whoever he wanted whenever he wanted them. Plus they brought through an exceptional crop of youngsters who formed the core of the team for a good number of years.

When any other team came along with that sort of financial power then they challenged him. If he'd built that club from scratch on a shoestring it would have been a different matter.

The clubs with money did challenge them thankfully otherwise they would have won the league every year for the last 10, but the point is they managed to win the league after Chelsea splashed an awful lot of cash and managed to do the same again after you lot won it also spending a lot of cash, and saw out what was once upon a time a very strong Arsenal in to merely also rans.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: July 1, 2013, 04:04:50 pm »
This thread has gone from laughing at Moyes to defending/attacking Ferguson's ability as a manager.

We're still laughing at Moyes. It's hard not to. I'd love to see the look of disbelief and hoplessness on the Man Utd players this morning when they saw who has taken Fergie's place.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: July 1, 2013, 04:07:35 pm »
We're still laughing at Moyes. It's hard not to. I'd love to see the look of disbelief and hoplessness on the Man Utd players this morning when they saw who has taken Fergie's place.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #185 on: July 1, 2013, 04:28:40 pm »

Surely they would know by now?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: July 1, 2013, 04:32:08 pm »
I agree with those who say that Fergie's not that great a manager - a tactical one in particular.  How easy does it become after 10 years to intergrate 2-3 new (top quality) players into a squad that you've had influence on over so many years?  New players will adopt the attitude of current ones.  Fergie ruled by fear and tactical adaptation.  The squad knew not to cross him and new players will have quickly found that out from others or for themselves (Mark Bosnich).  After 10 years, you know the players strengths and weaknesses, what mistakes you've made in the past with the players at your disposal, how other teams set up and play, how the squad is drilled, etc.  You then only have to manage on a match-by-match basis depending on who the opposition is.

To win only 2 CL titles in 20 years when you've spent all those years at the top of your domestic league shows that you haven't got what it takes to beat the best in Europe on a consistent basis.  Compare the successes of Mourinho, Ancelotti, Guardiola and even Benitez and you'll see what a good tactical manager is capable of.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #187 on: July 1, 2013, 05:57:38 pm »
Hahahaha Moyes is the Man Utd manager.  Hahahaha.   Yep it's still funny.  Hahahaha
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline xosder

• Main Stander
« Reply #188 on: July 1, 2013, 07:40:37 pm »

That really is the face that keeps on giving.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: July 1, 2013, 08:14:00 pm »
They might have had Guardiola, Mourinho, Pellegrini or Ancelotti and ended up choosing Moyes.  ;D

It's delightful to see Mancs trying to convince themselves that the titles will keep coming fairly regularly. I think Moyes is a decent PL manager. He kept Everton's head above water with little financial backing, which many managers would not have been able to do. He's got money to spend, but he's nowhere close to Ferguson's level as a manager. Ferguson, jackass though he is, being judged as just "average" winning all those titles...No wonder people laugh at RAWK sometimes.   ::) 

I'd argue that two clubs are undoubtedly above them. Both Chelsea and City have bottomless money and better managers. Then Arsenal and Spurs have managers who have won titles. And we've got a manager with great potential plus significant spending power (not on United's level but still top ten in the world).

I think United will fight it out for 3rd this year due to the carry-over of talent. In subsequent years they'll be scratching and clawing to be in the top 4 as long as they stick with Moyes.  They won't be able to hold talent there like they used to. And it will be fun to watch them moan and sweat. They are Just Another Contender now.  :)

“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: July 1, 2013, 08:18:45 pm »
I've been wondering how they will fair in the league since the appointment (average by their standards is what I expect, 2nd or 3rd IMO) and have completely forgotten about the champions league encounters. Hopefully Moyes gets through the group stage in 2nd place so that he can go up against a team like Real, Barca etc and get absolutely humiliated.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #191 on: July 1, 2013, 08:21:48 pm »
Wait has someone in this very thread said that "Alex Ferguson was an average manager"?

I don't get why anyone would say that unless....wait, you're fishing right, Andy? Please tell me you are.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: July 1, 2013, 10:44:30 pm »
Hasn't quite got the idea how a mouse mat functions yet has he, still, with all this money now at his disposal, a computer must be a novelty.

:D

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #193 on: July 1, 2013, 11:42:57 pm »
I agree with those who say that Fergie's not that great a manager - a tactical one in particular.  How easy does it become after 10 years to intergrate 2-3 new (top quality) players into a squad that you've had influence on over so many years?  New players will adopt the attitude of current ones.  Fergie ruled by fear and tactical adaptation.  The squad knew not to cross him and new players will have quickly found that out from others or for themselves (Mark Bosnich).  After 10 years, you know the players strengths and weaknesses, what mistakes you've made in the past with the players at your disposal, how other teams set up and play, how the squad is drilled, etc.  You then only have to manage on a match-by-match basis depending on who the opposition is.

To win only 2 CL titles in 20 years when you've spent all those years at the top of your domestic league shows that you haven't got what it takes to beat the best in Europe on a consistent basis.  Compare the successes of Mourinho, Ancelotti, Guardiola and even Benitez and you'll see what a good tactical manager is capable of.

What teams other than Milan, Barca or Real have won more the CL more than twice in the last 20 years?  You have got teams like Bayern that have "only" won it twice, Liverpool once, Juve once, Inter once, then Ajax, Chelsea, Marseille, Porto one a piece.  You're making it sound like winning it twice was some serious underachievement...

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #194 on: July 1, 2013, 11:48:15 pm »
They might have had Guardiola, Mourinho, Pellegrini or Ancelotti and ended up choosing Moyes.  ;D

It's delightful to see Mancs trying to convince themselves that the titles will keep coming fairly regularly. I think Moyes is a decent PL manager. He kept Everton's head above water with little financial backing, which many managers would not have been able to do. He's got money to spend, but he's nowhere close to Ferguson's level as a manager. Ferguson, jackass though he is, being judged as just "average" winning all those titles...No wonder people laugh at RAWK sometimes.   ::) 

I'd argue that two clubs are undoubtedly above them. Both Chelsea and City have bottomless money and better managers. Then Arsenal and Spurs have managers who have won titles. And we've got a manager with great potential plus significant spending power (not on United's level but still top ten in the world).

I think United will fight it out for 3rd this year due to the carry-over of talent. In subsequent years they'll be scratching and clawing to be in the top 4 as long as they stick with Moyes.  They won't be able to hold talent there like they used to. And it will be fun to watch them moan and sweat. They are Just Another Contender now.  :)

I actually believe this.  If United sell Rooney to Arsenal and Nani to Juve they might fight for fourth.  There's a lot of dead wood in that team... Young, Valencia, Cleverly, Anderson, Wellbeck + Giggs, Scholes, Ferdinand, Vidic, Carrick, Fletscher will be a year older and closer to retiring.

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: July 1, 2013, 11:51:26 pm »
Fergie really isn't a coach. He has a hands of method and allows his staff to do the work with players and he does the rest.

Tactically, "one of the worst" is Bullshit. I wouldn't say he's the best, or amongst the best, but he's nowhere near the worst.
Guess you didn't read what i said i talking in my life time out of great manager that he up there with he is one of worst tactical coaches. If you disagree fair enough look out side the league and watch his European performances.

Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: July 1, 2013, 11:57:13 pm »
What teams other than Milan, Barca or Real have won more the CL more than twice in the last 20 years?  You have got teams like Bayern that have "only" won it twice, Liverpool once, Juve once, Inter once, then Ajax, Chelsea, Marseille, Porto one a piece.  You're making it sound like winning it twice was some serious underachievement...
What teams have had same manager for 20 years? (greatest manager of all time) Its not disrespectful or not even taking the piss. Its like saying Messi is best striker of all time but he only scored 150 goals from 900 odd games.

Fergie is really bad coach in my opinion but outstanding manager, which in my book you least have to be great at both to go down as best of all time.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2013, 11:59:51 pm by lorenzo23 »

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: July 2, 2013, 12:01:18 am »
Money and a talented squad doesn't guarantee success or even a par performence. Don't have to look further than Hodgson's reign to know this. Heck when Hodgson took over here his record was far better than Moyes's was. He had experience of managing in a number of leagues and internationally and he also had experience of managing a big club.Yet we underperformed horribly. So yes Moyes will really have to hit the ground running otherwise he might be out of the job soon.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: July 2, 2013, 12:21:09 am »
So yes Moyes will really have to hit the ground running otherwise he might be out of the job soon.
As Liverpool fans, our best-case REALISTIC option is for Moyes to do an adequate job there, keeping them in the running for 3rd, 4th, 5th but rarely contending for the title. That way, he's doing well enough to avoid getting fired so their board doesn't bring in a world-class manager. Put a Mourinho/Ancelotti type in there and they'd be title contenders every year again.

As much as we want them to fall off the earth, their money and reputation will never allow them to drop much further than we have -- 7th, 8th. (Thankfully our lean times seem to be ending). And if they ever drop that low, Moyes gets fired, and in comes a better manager instead. We don't want that.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline redy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: July 2, 2013, 12:37:49 am »
As Liverpool fans, our best-case REALISTIC option is for Moyes to do an adequate job there, keeping them in the running for 3rd, 4th, 5th but rarely contending for the title. That way, he's doing well enough to avoid getting fired so their board doesn't bring in a world-class manager. Put a Mourinho/Ancelotti type in there and they'd be title contenders every year again.

As much as we want them to fall off the earth, their money and reputation will never allow them to drop much further than we have -- 7th, 8th. (Thankfully our lean times seem to be ending). And if they ever drop that low, Moyes gets fired, and in comes a better manager instead. We don't want that.

Exactly. Moyes is not going to win anything. But he has to do well enough to come top 4 so that they have hope for the next season and on and on it goes. Thats the best scenario. If they drop out of top 4 (maybe they will even tolerate 1 year out but 2 years out) they will sack him and spend big with a new manager which can get them going.