Author Topic: David Moyes was the manager of Manchester United  (Read 3094413 times)

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
Re: David Moyes
« Reply #120 on: March 25, 2013, 11:01:49 am »
11 years and 0 trophies, he's doing a fantastic job, leave him alone. I hope he stays there for another 11 years.

Offline Lenin.

• Rita out.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "We All Shine On"
« Reply #121 on: March 25, 2013, 11:09:18 am »
11 years and 0 trophies
He's still a winner though.
Oh you English are SO superior aren't you? Well, would you like to know where you'd be without US the good old U.S. of A. to protect you? I'll tell you. The smallest fucking province in the Russian Empire, that's where! If it wasn't for us, you'd all be speaking German, singing, "Deutschland, Deutschland Uber Alles!"

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: March 25, 2013, 02:34:14 pm »
11 years and 0 trophies, he's doing a fantastic job, leave him alone. I hope he stays there for another 11 years.

11 more years!

Offline LincsRedbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Hold your head up high
« Reply #123 on: June 28, 2013, 08:52:10 am »
just wanted to bump this old classic. All been quiet on the Moyes front. Backroom staff cleared but ive not seen anybody coming in. Thought he would have his staff in place by now?
Fought them all the way. Proud to be amongst some great supporters.

SOS member 4969        12.09.12 JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Offline AB LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: June 28, 2013, 10:59:15 am »
just wanted to bump this old classic. All been quiet on the Moyes front. Backroom staff cleared but ive not seen anybody coming in. Thought he would have his staff in place by now?
Don't need backroom staff when you're a natural winner

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2013, 11:04:50 am »
Let's make some noise, for Davey Davey Moyes. In this case, the noise will be BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Offline kaz1983

• "Bloody Memory Wavers" Currently in debt with RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well dunno what to say, honest
« Reply #126 on: June 28, 2013, 11:05:53 am »
Hate to say it but he is a very good manager.  You have to wonder what he could do with a top side given what he has done with the bitters on a shoe string budget.

Guess we will find out.

Offline ManchesterBlue

• Hologram fan with digital flag 'full members cup runners up 1986'.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blue Moon, you saw me standing alone
Re: Re: David Moyes
« Reply #127 on: June 28, 2013, 11:23:58 am »
Guess we will find out.
People said the same about Mark Hughes when he went to City from Blackburn and it turned out be couldn't cope when he had money to spend and couldn't make the step up.

Plus by shoving Gill out and putting Woodward in as CEO, he may well have to continue managing on a tight budget.

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: June 28, 2013, 11:27:54 am »
People said the same about Mark Hughes when he went to City from Blackburn and it turned out be couldn't cope when he had money to spend and couldn't make the step up.

Plus by shoving Gill out and putting Woodward in as CEO, he may well have to continue managing on a tight budget.

Mark Hughes made Blackburn a furrily mid table side, at best. Everton have rarely drifted out of the top eight.
You could open a door with him, he's such a knob.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
David Moyes
« Reply #129 on: June 28, 2013, 11:55:33 am »

Not to mention this is 10 times bigger then that job was at the time, I don't think he'll be able to cope with the pressure.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #130 on: June 28, 2013, 12:02:50 pm »
Well least he will win his first trophy in August.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #131 on: June 28, 2013, 12:32:01 pm »

Technically his second. He won the third division title in '99...
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #132 on: June 28, 2013, 12:37:26 pm »

They will be on his back if they don't beat Wigan.

Offline LincsRedbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Hold your head up high
« Reply #133 on: June 28, 2013, 03:02:28 pm »
would just love a Wigan win PLEEEEEEASE

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #134 on: June 28, 2013, 03:09:27 pm »
Haha, I still can't believe he's their manager. A distinctly average manager is all he is. If you add to that with the fact he's a bitter, moaning c*nt then you've got to say it'll be a fun ride.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: June 28, 2013, 03:20:25 pm »
Haha, I still can't believe he's their manager. A distinctly average manager is all he is. If you add to that with the fact he's a bitter, moaning c*nt then you've got to say it'll be a fun ride.

I think that's part of what attracted him to them in the first place, it's probably in the job description.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline ManchesterBlue

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: June 28, 2013, 03:47:58 pm »
Mark Hughes made Blackburn a furrily mid table side, at best. Everton have rarely drifted out of the top eight.
They finished 6th and 7th in two of the three full seasons be managed them.

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
« Reply #137 on: June 28, 2013, 06:35:07 pm »
Hope Everton take him to the cleaners on Baines 15 million plus!!  Still amazed utd fans think they'll get the likes of Bale and Ronaldo. The whole point of appointing Moyes is to work on a reasonable budget, not a 200 million Warchest.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2013, 06:36:42 pm by Legacy »

Offline redy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: June 28, 2013, 07:01:50 pm »
Technically his second. He won the third division title in '99...

Ah....so that's why he is generally thought of as a winner.

Offline RedHopper

• Hopping to a mightily lofty position and enjoying the view. If only custom titles could be in proportion to the member's average post length? My, what fun we could have! Imagine the sheer edification to be derived from testing the character limi
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: June 28, 2013, 07:48:10 pm »
Baines is a bit of an odd move for man utd to make. He's 28 1/2, but he would probably solve their left back issue for two or three seasons, to enable them to find a longer term replacement. But the thing is that they can afford to spend a decent whack of money on players this year. They've been spending 40-50 million net over the last two transfer windows, and their turnover is so big that they can easily afford to spend that and more this season.

The thing is that moyes is inheriting a squad that is largely set up for him, and he has to just buy a certain number of players to fit into a certain set of roles. Ferguson bought a lot of youngish players over a long period of time, so a lot of the squad rebuilding is done. This summer they need to sign a left back, a midfield playmaker, and maybe another wide attacker. If they buy baines and thiago for about Ģ18 million each they will be a good chunk of the way there. The thing is that even though moyes is inexperienced at dealing with big money transfers, he's generally going to be given relatively easy choices.

The Rooney situation is the interesting one though. The thing is that even though he looks like a hairy potato/bog monster (and as an Irish person I'm allowed say this. As for non-irish people,.....hmmm tread carefully) and even though he plays pretty terribly for england in tournaments, as the Star english player, he's worth an awful lot of money to them from the point of view of sponsorship. That, as much as all the goals he's scored and set up over the last four years is why he's paid such a huge amount of money. It's heading for a point where half of Man utd's turnover is going to come from sponsorship, and it's actually important for them to have players that are as famous as Rooney.

If they sell him, they're going to have to bring in someone with similar box office status to keep their sponsors happy, and to help them get more. Their kit deal is coming up for renegotiation soon for the first time in nearly 15 years, and it's going to be important to have someone to offer nike that will cut more of a dash than phil jones and antonio valencia. When you start to think of it like that, selling Rooney will free up a lot of room on the wage bill. They could very easily try to sign a player like Ronaldo. There is no way that spurs would sell Bale to Man utd, and bale would just find it a lot easier to move to Madrid than a rival club.

Nike would be very keen to have him in a Nike shirt, as he currently is a bit restricted by playing for an 'adidas team' and any move would involve them chipping in a chunk of money as well. They've refinanced half their debt and have cut Ģ10 million off their interest bill. They generate an awful lot of cash after expenses. If they sell Rooney, then it's not beyond the realms of possibility. You also have to consider that Ronaldo doesn't seem to be having a very good time at madrid. For a start, being in the same league as messi is just unflattering.  He's scoring goals at a rate far in excess of any player in real madrid's history, but messi is scoring more. Messi is also two and a half years younger than him, and quite frankly ronaldo isn't getting any younger. How much longer does he have at this level of performance? The fans also seem to be very lukewarm towards him. Think about it, If we had a player that scored 146 goals in 135 league games over four seasons, and 35 champions league goals in 40 games, we'd probably love him even if he ran over a bunch of pensioners for a laugh.

it's Something that he's complained about. Only Really Iker casillas receives the pretty unconditional love from the madrid fans, that english fans hand out like flyers. he got from his own fans in england. They still sing about him at man utd, like they sing about cantona or giggs, (when they're not singing about us) When you're earning a lot of money either way, and they're both Pretty big, famous clubs, It doesn't seem entirely impossible.

To be honest the set of circumstances that build up to a team that has won 5 out of 7 titles, possibly being able to sign a player like ronaldo, and make him rich enough to buy half of portugal as slaves, are profoundly depressing. It's not that I think it's going to happen, it''s that something like this is not inconceivable, They could just about afford to do this. Between The sheer size of Man utd, and the oil gazillionaire sugar daddys, it doesn't really seem all that fair on some level. The dice seem to be increasingly loaded.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: June 28, 2013, 07:53:48 pm »
Great post that. A bit 'glass half empty', Ando might say, but spot on. A frightening scenario really.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline RedHopper

• Hopping to a mightily lofty position and enjoying the view. If only custom titles could be in proportion to the member's average post length? My, what fun we could have! Imagine the sheer edification to be derived from testing the character limi
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: June 28, 2013, 08:13:48 pm »
Cheers. I don't think that moyes' inexperience in big money transfers is that relevant really. You know that leighton baines is going to at least be a decent player for you. The club have been hunting thiago for ages, they ask you if you want him. You say Yes please. You don't have to tell him what to do. He knows. He's probably going to do half your job for you. The thing for moyes is going to be telling someone that he's being rotated. If Ferguson told a player this, they'd accept it without a whimper, because he was like the old testament god, and you didn't want to be hurled out of the club. He'd been manager since before half of them were born. Who is david moyes to tell you that you're on the bench? Is David Moyes going to know exactly when to put the arm around a player, or to give him a thorough bollocking, and everything in between?

On a certain level a club is just a club, and a lot of the job is exactly the same, but being a manager is about meeting expectations. Those players are going to know very quickly if he's big enough for the job. I bet it took our players about two minutes of the first team meeting to know that Rafa had it, that this was a serious man, and he was big enough to take on the job. I don't know if any of our other managers really had it apart from kenny since the glory days. Having watched Being Liverpool, I don't Know if Brendan Rodgers has it yet, but he's a clever man, and as the team improves, he'll learn it.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: June 29, 2013, 03:55:56 pm »
Hope Everton take him to the cleaners on Baines 15 million plus!!  Still amazed utd fans think they'll get the likes of Bale and Ronaldo. The whole point of appointing Moyes is to work on a reasonable budget, not a 200 million Warchest.

Similiar to how a lot of fans here thought the likes of Mascherano, Torres would stay under a manager like Hodgson.

The appointment of Moyes will get them into massive troubles squad wise.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #143 on: June 29, 2013, 06:40:13 pm »
Similiar to how a lot of fans here thought the likes of Mascherano, Torres would stay under a manager like Hodgson.

I'm curious to see who makes the decisions on transfers. I'm guessing they already have players they want to sign and Moyes will have to go along with it. I'm not saying he wont get a say but if he wanted Arouna Kone for example I think he would be told no.

Looks like Thiago is a dead cert for them, Be interesting to see if having Moyes as a manager instead of Fergie will make a difference to him leaving Barca. I highly doubt it will.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #144 on: June 29, 2013, 06:52:21 pm »
Having seen him many times, Baines is Everton's best player by an absolute country mile. If Manchester United get him for less than Ģ20M then they have bagged an incredible bargain.

If he had played for club that the media hacks spunked over then he'd have been in the England setup every year for his career.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: June 29, 2013, 07:11:24 pm »

I don't think it's completely fair to compare the 2, Liverpol had regressed massively and weren't in the CL anymore, with massive drama at the top and potential administration.

United have just come off winning the title.

I hate to play Devil's advocate for them but yeah
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #146 on: June 29, 2013, 07:15:33 pm »
Having seen him many times, Baines is Everton's best player by an absolute country mile. If Manchester United get him for less than Ģ20M then they have bagged an incredible bargain.

If he had played for club that the media hacks spunked over then he'd have been in the England setup every year for his career.
I'm sure its been mentioned but didn't Moyes say not so long back that Baines wouldn't leave for anything less than 20mill?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #147 on: June 29, 2013, 07:45:06 pm »
I'm sure its been mentioned but didn't Moyes say not so long back that Baines wouldn't leave for anything less than 20mill?

On the face of it 20 million for a 28 year old full back sounds extravagant. Actually it sounds crazy. I don't think the horrible Mancs will pay that unless they can compensate by getting him to agree to relatively low wages.

On Topic, Moyes has an extremely difficult job. It will most likely end in tears, not because Moyes is necessarily a bad manager but because it wouldn't matter who got the gig - its a poison chalice. Hate him or loathe him Ferguson has loomed over that club and the game in general, since they won the treble, like a colossus. He is irreplaceable in the short term simply because the length of time he was there and the success he has had, bestowed unprecedented personal power on him.

Moyes is clearly Ferguson's choice and that will buy him time with the match going fans and the people who run the club on a day to day basis. However if he doesn't deliver trophies in the short term, the nature of a modern game, where  absentee landlords only interest surrounds maintaining revenue streams, will force the owners to act.
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: June 30, 2013, 01:52:01 pm »
I'm curious to see who makes the decisions on transfers. I'm guessing they already have players they want to sign and Moyes will have to go along with it. I'm not saying he wont get a say but if he wanted Arouna Kone for example I think he would be told no.

Looks like Thiago is a dead cert for them, Be interesting to see if having Moyes as a manager instead of Fergie will make a difference to him leaving Barca. I highly doubt it will.

Moyes at United will be a massive influence wether a top player may want to join them. A massive downgrade. Itīs the illusions of grandeur which keeps people ignoring that a mediocre english manager may be the final point for a player not joining a club in the north west. Besides that, they wonīt be able to pay similar wages compared to City, Real, Barca, PSG and Monaco on a regular basis. Their squad is packed with internationals unhappy for being benched for half of the games on massive wages. Itīs ticking bomb to explode and Moyes no way the man to guide them through this period of transition.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: June 30, 2013, 02:23:28 pm »

Both those players decided to leave when Rafa was still in charge.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: June 30, 2013, 02:57:47 pm »
Both those players decided to leave when Rafa was still in charge.
Don't be silly. It was all hodgsons fault, even if he wasn't in roll at time, it was still all his fault. RAWK told me. Scouts honour!

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: June 30, 2013, 03:17:41 pm »
Moyes at United will be a massive influence wether a top player may want to join them. A massive downgrade. Itīs the illusions of grandeur which keeps people ignoring that a mediocre english manager may be the final point for a player not joining a club in the north west. Besides that, they wonīt be able to pay similar wages compared to City, Real, Barca, PSG and Monaco on a regular basis. Their squad is packed with internationals unhappy for being benched for half of the games on massive wages. Itīs ticking bomb to explode and Moyes no way the man to guide them through this period of transition.

As much as I wish all of the above were true I just dont see it. Just the name of their club is a huge draw probably just behind the two Spanish giants. After the likes of Mourinho & Guardiola is their really a great gap between Moyes & the rest in the players eyes?  Its more about money, players at the club & challenging for trophies. They can pay the wages & do so... + with less debt, FFP & these eye opening commercial  deals they pull out every few months the gap in narrowing with the 'new' money clubs. Ferguson has left a good group of young players for Moyes & even their unhappy internationals you mention (assuming the likes of Rooney, Nani, Anderson ect) will each get United significant money to reinvest.

Offline LincsRedbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Hold your head up high
« Reply #152 on: July 1, 2013, 11:46:28 am »
Well he has his staff in place and no surprise they are all his ex Everton crew. He really is putting down his marker.

Offline GarraCharrua

• yes i am united fan, please dont ban me
  • Kemlynite
« Reply #153 on: July 1, 2013, 11:58:37 am »
I still cant believe it  :lmao :lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline ManchesterBlue

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: July 1, 2013, 11:59:53 am »
Well he has his staff in place and no surprise they are all his ex Everton crew. He really is putting down his marker.
"Hi Wayne. Good to be working with you again. What's this about wanting away? Stick with me and we'll make you the new Leon Osman."

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #155 on: July 1, 2013, 12:05:25 pm »
Steve Round, Jimmy Lumsden, Chris Woods. This is good.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: July 1, 2013, 12:06:24 pm »
i'm expecting a bbc documentary on his first day anytime soon

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: July 1, 2013, 12:07:21 pm »
I'm expecting him to be knighted after he finally gets his first win at Old Trafford.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: July 1, 2013, 12:09:14 pm »
I still cant believe it 
Neither can he.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #159 on: July 1, 2013, 12:11:53 pm »
I can't believe that people don't believe he won't have endless success there. Football and Manchester United are very little to do with 'The Man in charge'. It's like he's taken over a business like ASDA or Tescos. The corporate machine will rumble on. That club has more money than it could ever spend and it will continue to grind on as always. I think there will be a lot of upset people that think they will collapse. Ferguson was an average manager and Moyes will prove that by continuing success.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.