Author Topic: BT Sport  (Read 184072 times)

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
Re: BT Sport
« Reply #1520 on: July 1, 2022, 11:09:39 am »
Bad enough the PL is split between 3 broadcasters now the CL split as well, always more expense for the fans
I'm happy with this, I have Amazon Prime and like their coverage, it's good that highlights are back on FTA TV and you would think in an hour long show that more footie would be shown on BBC due to no adverts rather than what would be essentially a 45 minute show on commercial television.

I stopped subscribing to BT Sport last October but haven't missed a game I want to watch as my IPTV sub is brilliant and costs £30 per year rather than £20 a month
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #1521 on: July 1, 2022, 11:13:29 am »
Big surprise BBC winning the FTA highlights, on Wednesdays, BBC were always wary from bidding for the UCL, because of the sponsorship requirements
think that was more for live games, they were rumoured to be interested in live matches when it was on ITV.

I'm more surprised due to the Tories hammering the BBC license fee to be honest but good to know they can still compete for some sporting coverage.

They will show post-match interviews with the sponsors logos all over the board behind but that's no different to the PL interviews.
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1522 on: July 1, 2022, 11:49:30 am »
It's good to see the BBC involved more, I like their coverage as I do Amazon as well.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1523 on: July 1, 2022, 03:33:23 pm »
It's good to see the BBC involved more, I like their coverage as I do Amazon as well.
Ally McCoist is on Amazon isn't he?, he's fantastic, you can tell he just loves watching football, so enthusiastic, unlike some of the miseries we usually get lumbered with on TV.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #1524 on: July 1, 2022, 03:36:43 pm »
Not sure if anywhere is cheaper but Plusnet seem to be doing BT Sport through SKY for £17

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1525 on: July 1, 2022, 04:26:45 pm »
Ally McCoist is on Amazon isn't he?, he's fantastic, you can tell he just loves watching football, so enthusiastic, unlike some of the miseries we usually get lumbered with on TV.

Yes, it's usually Ally and Gabby Logan.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1526 on: July 2, 2022, 10:28:31 am »
It's not really ethically great to be wishing Amazon had a larger stake in something but here we are

Always love their coverage. It feels like, well... Sporting coverage, which you'll probably know what I mean

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1527 on: July 2, 2022, 10:36:20 am »
Yes, it's usually Ally and Gabby Logan.

Even if you didn't like him for some reason, amazon also have the crowd noise option too, so you aren't stuck with a commentator spoiling a game for you with them.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1528 on: July 2, 2022, 10:40:24 am »
Even if you didn't like him for some reason, amazon also have the crowd noise option too, so you aren't stuck with a commentator spoiling a game for you with them.

I have never used that, I will have to check it out next time.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #1529 on: July 2, 2022, 11:06:34 am »
I have never used that, I will have to check it out next time.

It's brilliant

I also like the camera on a wire, swooping down the middle of the pitch angle they seemed to be the first to do.

Technology in football done RIGHT

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #1530 on: July 2, 2022, 11:08:39 am »
It's not really ethically great to be wishing Amazon had a larger stake in something but here we are

Always love their coverage. It feels like, well... Sporting coverage, which you'll probably know what I mean
Only issue is that their streams are normally 30 secs - 1 min behind live TV.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1531 on: February 23, 2023, 01:05:12 pm »

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1532 on: February 23, 2023, 01:19:20 pm »
Very American, reminds me of WCW.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #1533 on: February 23, 2023, 02:35:52 pm »
TNT Sports is an awful name.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/bt-sport-tnt-sports-name-change-b1062104.html

Come now

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/44XYEeD1A1U" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/44XYEeD1A1U</a>
[/quote]

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1534 on: February 23, 2023, 03:17:13 pm »
TNT Sports is an awful name.

https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/bt-sport-tnt-sports-name-change-b1062104.html

Stands for Turner Network Television, but weird rebranding for UK, not sure how well known TNT broadcasting brand is in the UK.

Having said that, TNT are better known for NBA on TNT, & the first choice host/pundits for Inside The NBA, the NBA pregame/postgame show, can be hilarious at times.
#Sausages

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1535 on: February 23, 2023, 03:21:16 pm »
Stands for Turner Network Television, but weird rebranding for UK, not sure how well known TNT broadcasting brand is in the UK.

Having said that, TNT are better known for NBA on TNT, & the first choice host/pundits for Inside The NBA, the NBA pregame/postgame show, can be hilarious at times.

It's certainly going to blow up after this announcement
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1536 on: February 23, 2023, 03:28:04 pm »
It's certainly going to blow up after this announcement

BOOOM. ;D
#Sausages

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1537 on: February 23, 2023, 03:31:49 pm »
Wouldn't mind Shaq and Barkley commentating our matches  ;D
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1538 on: February 23, 2023, 03:34:06 pm »

They cant be worse then the current pundits sky/BT use. ;D
#Sausages

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1539 on: February 23, 2023, 03:39:25 pm »
Shaq and Chuck discuss the merits of filling up your car with £40 of petrol vs filling up your tank.

*Micah Richards dies of asphyxiation on the studio floor*

Yep, works for me.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1540 on: February 23, 2023, 04:04:50 pm »

I’m guessing that must be TNT’s ‘gig’ as it where - going for a lighter more banter type presenations. They have the NHL on a Wednesday night every week too, and their pre game and during the breaks panel is very ‘banter’ orientated.  If they go this route with the footy using the sorts of clowns on show already for the PL, then that’d be another pre and post match to avoid like the plague!

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1541 on: February 23, 2023, 04:50:29 pm »
I’m guessing that must be TNT’s ‘gig’ as it where - going for a lighter more banter type presenations. They have the NHL on a Wednesday night every week too, and their pre game and during the breaks panel is very ‘banter’ orientated.  If they go this route with the footy using the sorts of clowns on show already for the PL, then that’d be another pre and post match to avoid like the plague!

BT aren't far off that as it is.
No idea which broadcaster it is, but I see clips of Kate Abdo, Thierry Henry, Carragher and Micah Richards and it is fucking awful.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1542 on: February 23, 2023, 05:12:24 pm »
No idea which broadcaster it is, but I see clips of Kate Abdo, Thierry Henry, Carragher and Micah Richards and it is fucking awful.

CBS I think, mate. Awful 'bantz'. The focus seems to be is more on them than the actual football.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1543 on: February 23, 2023, 05:12:38 pm »
Abdo & Henry are good. Other two not so much.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1544 on: February 23, 2023, 05:14:42 pm »
Abdo & Henry are good. Other two not so much.

Yeah it's pretty much Carragher and Richards that ruin it. They just try to be louder and more in your face than the other. 2 dickheads.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1545 on: February 23, 2023, 05:22:58 pm »

CBS I think, mate. Awful 'bantz'. The focus seems to be is more on them than the actual football.

yeah Carragher and Richards popped up on CBS last season I think? Instant mute when I saw them.
One of the best things about footy coverage in the US had been that they didn’t go down that banter route as much, but sadly, someone thought it a good idea to import those 2 dickheads for the CL coverage.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1546 on: February 23, 2023, 05:35:10 pm »
Yeah it's pretty much Carragher and Richards that ruin it. They just try to be louder and more in your face than the other. 2 dickheads.
Henry always looks bemused when he hears them speaking. Like Richards and his haircut expenditure.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1547 on: February 23, 2023, 05:45:43 pm »

The one where she introduces the Champions League winners then Micah "played a couple of games" is funny
Jurgen YNWA

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1548 on: February 23, 2023, 07:59:55 pm »
The one where she introduces the Champions League winners then Micah "played a couple of games" is funny

https://v.redd.it/bj6sprcyb1ka1 or www.youtube.com/shorts/9Z9UL5B4zv4 or www.youtube.com/shorts/xoOIKZ0Kb5c ;D

« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 05:38:29 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline In the Name of Klopp

• smann. Talks as if he/she/they single handedly saw off H&G in 2010.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1549 on: February 24, 2023, 04:27:45 pm »
They cant be worse then the current pundits sky/BT use. ;D

Shaq and Barkley are actually pretty funny unlike Richards and the bluenose  ;D
“Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.”

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1550 on: July 18, 2023, 04:00:56 pm »

www.tntsports.co.uk : https://twitter.com/tntsportsuk : www.facebook.com/tntsportsuk : www.youtube.com/@TNTSports/videos : www.discoveryplus.com/gb

'TNT Sports launches as ultimate home for sports fans - Who are the pundits, presenters and commentators?':-

www.tntsports.co.uk/football/tnt-sports-launches-as-ultimate-home-for-sports-fans-who-are-the-pundits-presenters-and-commentators_sto9706366/story.shtml

'Take Your Seat For TNT Sports 🍿 Your New Home For Premium Live Sport In The UK & Ireland 🙌' - a 50 second 'intro' video:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/be7KLNUUnRs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/be7KLNUUnRs</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/be7KLNUUnRs

All the old BT YouTube video links and twitter links etc will still work... though any new content will be on TNT Sports - it more or less is a re-branding of BT Sport.

And they've fucked Jake Humphrey off (and Des Kelly) too.  :wellin

« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 04:27:37 pm by oojason »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1551 on: July 18, 2023, 04:23:26 pm »
Good move getting Laura Woods in.

Offline markmywords

• Was 2/10. Now 0.5/10. Must try much harder not to make people a little sick in their mouth.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1552 on: July 18, 2023, 04:42:49 pm »
Has Michael Owen left?

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1553 on: July 18, 2023, 05:02:58 pm »
Good move getting Laura Woods in.

Yeah she's really good, hope she nails it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1554 on: July 18, 2023, 05:09:35 pm »

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1555 on: July 18, 2023, 05:19:58 pm »
Stellar line up of pundits 🤣🤣

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #1556 on: July 18, 2023, 05:22:26 pm »
Stellar line up of pundits 🤣🤣

Not much change really
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1557 on: July 18, 2023, 05:24:49 pm »
Is that Joe Cole 2 to the right of Crouch?

How the fuck has he managed to keep his role  :butt

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1558 on: July 18, 2023, 05:46:37 pm »
Is that Joe Cole 2 to the right of Crouch?

How the fuck has he managed to keep his role  :butt

Gotta be for the the piss-heads or tits who can't string two words together and think... 'that Joe Cole gets it, what amazing insight he gives every time he is on TV...'

That or it keeps the Cockneys and Sarfarnahs happy, innit ;)

A pit they didn't get rid of Rio, him, Scholes, and Owen too.

Offline Kalito

• Legacy Fan
  • ***JFT97***
« Reply #1559 on: July 18, 2023, 06:03:36 pm »
Yeah she's really good, hope she nails it.
She will. She's fantastic.

Them 2 gobshites Cole and Ferdinand need binning.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Mr Bill Shankly

"be careful of media, they can make you hate the oppressed and love the oppressors." - Malcolm X

The notion that an Occupier is defending itself is as absurd as the notion that the rapist is defending itself from the victim.