Author Topic: BT Sport  (Read 184161 times)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Re: BT Sport - home of the Champions League
« Reply #1200 on: September 17, 2015, 01:30:47 pm »
I take the Goals show that was free to air last night is normally subscription only?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1201 on: September 17, 2015, 09:11:15 pm »
Swear Owen sounded like he was eating whilst commentating

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1202 on: September 17, 2015, 09:28:13 pm »
Fucking said EXACTLY the same thing to the wife. Like he had a mouthful of boiled sweets in his piehole all the way through. Once I noticed it, it did my head in.
Whilst Bordeaux made a sub?? He was asked a question and sounded like he was having something ;D I said same to my brother.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #1203 on: September 17, 2015, 09:42:38 pm »
He definitely was, the other commentator had a bit of a giggle after he finished what he was saying.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #1204 on: September 28, 2015, 10:19:51 pm »
just to let everyone know that BT Sport Showcase their FTA channel will be showing the following games this week. It will be useful to know I am sure

Wednesday 30 Sep 19:00 to 21:00 Borussia Munchengladbach v Man City
Thursday 1 Oct 18:00 to 20:00 Lazio v St Ettienne

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/bt-sport-show-man-citys-6533192

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #1205 on: September 30, 2015, 05:25:38 pm »
A bit of stick for them on the whole, but as a show, "The Goal Show" is brilliant.

Just James Richardson and some european football pundits (not your shite ex english players) giving opinions and discussion, while they show highlights and live clips from the games that are on. It's exactly what I want! Probably won't watch any of the full group games this year with this being on. Well done BT, now stop charging so much.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1206 on: September 30, 2015, 09:50:15 pm »
A bit of stick for them on the whole, but as a show, "The Goal Show" is brilliant.

Just James Richardson and some european football pundits (not your shite ex english players) giving opinions and discussion, while they show highlights and live clips from the games that are on. It's exactly what I want! Probably won't watch any of the full group games this year with this being on. Well done BT, now stop charging so much.
As soon as I watched it on the first night I decided there was no point watching any of the other matches in full since we're not in it, the Goals show is the perfect way to watch really. Shows everything worth seeing from all of the matches without having to change channels yourself and possibly miss something. Brilliant idea well executed. Helps that James Richardson is presenting and has people who actually know what they're talking about to be pundits as well.

Online sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1207 on: February 21, 2017, 01:01:01 pm »
Please go back to Terrestrial tv and Sky Sports. BT Sport is awful.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/champions-league-tv-rights-auction-9860351

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1208 on: February 21, 2017, 01:13:45 pm »
Please go back to Terrestrial tv and Sky Sports. BT Sport is awful.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/champions-league-tv-rights-auction-9860351
Whoever wins I imagine there's going to be a substantial increase in cost for the viewer for the same product.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1209 on: February 21, 2017, 01:16:58 pm »
Seems likely ITV or Channel 4 will win some matches because as the article says viewing figures are down on a few years ago.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #1210 on: February 21, 2017, 02:37:12 pm »
Be very interested to see what Channel 4 would do with it, might be something a bit enjoyably different a la the brilliant Football Italia of yore.

It would be welcome to have back on 'normal' TV in midweek on ITV too like, but... Andy Townsend. That's like Sophie's Choice, only worse.
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1211 on: February 21, 2017, 02:39:05 pm »
Bring James Richardson back if Channel 4 get the rights. I used to love him sitting outside some Milan cafe reading the paper and presenting Gazette.   He could be doing that but all over Europe this time. ;D

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #1212 on: February 21, 2017, 02:48:22 pm »
Bring James Richardson back if Channel 4 get the rights. I used to love him sitting outside some Milan cafe reading the paper and presenting Gazette.   He could be doing that but all over Europe this time. ;D
Just what I was imagining!  :D

Fuck, do I miss that show. I was in the haze of an obliviously magical youth then too, so if Channel 4 could bring that back as well that'd be ace
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1213 on: February 21, 2017, 04:12:05 pm »
Just what I was imagining!  :D

Fuck, do I miss that show. I was in the haze of an obliviously magical youth then too, so if Channel 4 could bring that back as well that'd be ace

The AC Jimbo RedZone show is aces though. I miss it in the knock-out stages.  I'd much rather have those guys talking over the on-screen action instead of the regular commentators and Owen bloody Hargreaves bringing me down with his gloomy Eeyore musings.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1214 on: February 21, 2017, 05:35:22 pm »
Be very interested to see what Channel 4 would do with it, might be something a bit enjoyably different a la the brilliant Football Italia of yore.

Yes, was my first thought too. I quite like the European football show and the BT goals show with the European journalists when the group matches are on but yeah, other than that, it's not great.

Think it's unlikely though, IIRC, Channel 4 got Football Italia on the cheap, don't know if they'd be able to afford this.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1215 on: February 21, 2017, 05:46:53 pm »
Seems likely ITV or Channel 4 will win some matches because as the article says viewing figures are down on a few years ago.

I hope so, I find it disgusting that everything has gone to BT when they do such a crappy job on it. The Champion's League should be on ordinary television not everyone can afford Sky/BT.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1216 on: February 21, 2017, 06:43:21 pm »
I hope so, I find it disgusting that everything has gone to BT when they do such a crappy job on it. The Champion's League should be on ordinary television not everyone can afford Sky/BT.

Remember the good old days of Sky / PremPlus?

PremPlus did 50 games for £50 a season!

But don't forget though, they did it in the good of the fans, so that one company didn't have a monopoly on everything ::)

Now all they've done is cause the 2 companies to bid rediculous amounts against each other, resulting in higher charges for the fans to subsidise it

I hope the CL goes back to Sky too! I've not got BT and have no intention of getting it

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #1217 on: February 21, 2017, 06:55:04 pm »
Only positive about Champions League on BT is the goals show, the rest is garbage. If ITV or C4 get rights to some matches hope it's the Wednesday ones rather than Tuesday, it's weird when it's on FTA on the Tuesday as there's no FTA highlights show on Wednesday. Unfortunately BBC will not bid for CL rights due to the sponsors deals
#Sausages

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1218 on: February 22, 2017, 10:46:28 am »
The Champion's League should be on ordinary television not everyone can afford Sky/BT.

Where do you draw the line on that? I don't see why the Champions League should be on ordinary TV more than Premier League football for example

Offline puroresu_kid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1219 on: February 22, 2017, 10:58:12 am »
Where do you draw the line on that? I don't see why the Champions League should be on ordinary TV more than Premier League football for example

Agreed.  These things are put to tender and there is nothing stopping terrestrial tv buying the rights. If they cant afford to do so then that's on them.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1220 on: February 22, 2017, 11:00:36 am »
Agreed.  These things are put to tender and there is nothing stopping terrestrial tv buying the rights. If they cant afford to do so then that's on them.

Things like the Grand National, Wimbledon final, FA Cup final, World Snooker final etc - almost national institutions if you like - should rightly be protected but everything else is fair game.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
BT Sport agrees new deal for Champions League and Europa League rights
« Reply #1221 on: March 6, 2017, 09:06:41 am »

BT Sport has retained the exclusive rights to show Champions League and Europa League games until the end of the 2020-21 season, it has announced.

The broadcaster has agreed a three-year deal with UEFA from the 2018-19 season of around £394million (€456m) per year, a significant increase in their current £299m (€346m) per season deal.

The new deal gives BT Sport exclusivity across all live games for the first time, highlights and in-match clips of both competitions, while Champions League 'double-header' nights will mean it can show back-to-back matches during the group stage, with live matches kicking off at both 6pm and 8pm.

BT will also make clips, weekly highlights, UEFA's magazine show and both finals free to watch on social media.

John Petter, consumer CEO at BT, said: "We are delighted to have renewed these rights. The UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League are two of the best competitions in the world and we would like to thank UEFA for choosing us as their exclusive broadcast partner in the UK. The UEFA Champions League is due to get even stronger and we are delighted that fans will be able to enjoy two live matches a night for the first time."

Guy Laurent Epstein, UEFA marketing director, said "UEFA is delighted to have extended the relationship with BT Sport for a further three seasons, taking our partnership to 2021.

"BT Sport has proved to be an innovative broadcast partner, pushing the boundaries and covering the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League in new ways. BT have delivered strong audiences in the UK and we are excited about their future plans for the use of social media which will engage a growing fanbase that consumes sport in different ways."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/bt-sport-agrees-new-deal-for-champions-league-and-europa-league-rights-until-end-of-202021-season-35505195.html
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
Re: BT Sport agrees new deal for Champions League and Europa League rights
« Reply #1222 on: March 6, 2017, 09:15:04 am »
That would explain their prices going up then

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1223 on: March 6, 2017, 09:15:57 am »
Shite news to be honest. ITV won't even have any highlights. BT have won it all.
« Last Edit: March 6, 2017, 09:18:16 am by Gerry Attrick »

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #1224 on: March 6, 2017, 09:16:46 am »
Great stuff. 4 more years at least of no one watching.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1225 on: March 6, 2017, 09:27:06 am »
BT have delivered strong audiences in the UK

Well that's lies isn't it. There's been plenty of articles about UEFA being unhappy about the viewing numbers.

Pretty disappointed about this to be honest

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1226 on: March 6, 2017, 09:51:55 am »
BT have delivered strong audiences in the UK

Well that's lies isn't it. There's been plenty of articles about UEFA being unhappy about the viewing numbers.

Pretty disappointed about this to be honest

Haha. I'm not kidding, I don't know a single person who watches CL or Europa League football regularly since it moved to BT.

Offline SI1978

• Main Stander
  • Form is temporary, Class is permanent
« Reply #1227 on: March 6, 2017, 09:54:54 am »
So the reported deal with Channel 4 showing one game was a bluff then probably.  I look forward to those 12 free games that BT will show on the free channel........
I am the son and heir of nothing in particular.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1228 on: March 6, 2017, 10:32:12 am »
More money trumps awful viewing figures.

I guess UEFA not being happy about the low viewing figures was baloney. ::)

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1229 on: March 6, 2017, 11:24:41 am »
Haha. I'm not kidding, I don't know a single person who watches CL or Europa League football regularly since it moved to BT.
Really? that is strange..

I'm happy as a football fan, being able to watch two champions league games per day.. the only reason I enjoy Zenit being in the competition is for their three early kick offs in the group stages.

That said with Liverpool being a part of next seasons competition a real possibility, 6oclocks are going to prove to be a pain in the ass for some of us.
I´ll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1230 on: March 6, 2017, 12:25:17 pm »
According to their statement they're getting 27% higher viewing figures than sky did when they lost it
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1231 on: March 6, 2017, 12:29:45 pm »
I find the coverage better than Sky anyway which is the only alternative, so quite happy for them to continue

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1232 on: March 6, 2017, 12:31:55 pm »
Load of balls, its disgusting that there is no Champion League games on terrestrial television. But this is UEFA, don't give a toss about anyone other than themselves.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1233 on: March 6, 2017, 12:32:23 pm »
I find the coverage better than Sky anyway which is the only alternative, so quite happy for them to continue

Would've been good to see a terrestrial channel sharing coverage though. A game a week and highlights would've been alright. Used to enjoy having a couple of Europa League games on ITV4 as well.

Offline kaiser franz

• Kopite
« Reply #1234 on: March 6, 2017, 12:32:42 pm »
In this day and age its easy to find quality stream of any sport event i want to watch on internet so dont even bother to pay for some channel anymore.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1235 on: March 6, 2017, 12:34:34 pm »

I haven't seen a Champions League game in 2 years,  will make exceptions if we do get in next year but all a bit underwhelming.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1236 on: March 6, 2017, 12:36:33 pm »
Really? that is strange..

I'm happy as a football fan, being able to watch two champions league games per day.. the only reason I enjoy Zenit being in the competition is for their three early kick offs in the group stages.

That said with Liverpool being a part of next seasons competition a real possibility, 6oclocks are going to prove to be a pain in the ass for some of us.

It's not that strange. There used to be one Champions League game on terrestrial TV every week and about 3/4 Europa League games. Now there are none.

Also most people I know are in a similar position to me, as that they have Skysports (or some access to it through Skygo etc), don't know any who pay for BT on top of it.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1237 on: March 6, 2017, 12:36:44 pm »
Would've been good to see a terrestrial channel sharing coverage though. A game a week and highlights would've been alright.
They had it and it was awful, Clyde Tylsdley and Townsend every game, painful. There are ways to watch these game with minimal cost if you really want to. Of course I'd rather the whole lot be free all the time but it's just not the way anymore.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1238 on: March 6, 2017, 12:37:46 pm »
They had it and it was awful, Clyde Tylsdley and Townsend every game, painful. There are ways to watch these game with minimal cost if you really want to. Of course I'd rather the whole lot be free all the time but it's just not the way anymore.

Owen Hargreaves is no better, the only thing remotely decent about BT's coverage is the goals show. Everything else is pretty shit to be honest. 

Offline Cliff Bastin

• Big Exeter fan, pretending to be a gooner, pretending...yawn
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1239 on: March 6, 2017, 12:40:20 pm »
The same teams play each other all the time. It is boring.