Author Topic: Making A Murderer - A Netflix Documentary Series - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS  (Read 68988 times)

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Making A Murderer - A Netflix Documentary Series - MAY CONTAIN SPOILERS
« Reply #760 on: November 8, 2018, 01:03:59 pm »
Interesting series of questions and answers in that thread. I must have missed that she thinks the killer planted the blood in the RAV4, not the police.
Hence my previous post!

Offline nozza

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #761 on: November 8, 2018, 01:24:46 pm »
Both 100 percent innocent for me. Avery's as much accepted he wont be getting out by the way he talks, Dassey still clinging to hope. I fear whatever evidence Zellner finds at this point its getting futile. After the 7th district court turned over its own decision it looks nearly impossible to get them free.

Astounding that the system allows this to happen. It just seems utterly vindictive that the state appealed and can just keep these men locked up.

Tragic for all involved.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #762 on: November 8, 2018, 01:53:06 pm »
Both 100 percent innocent for me.

Start here: http://stevenaverycase.com/

Then report back and let us know if you're still so sure about it.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2018, 01:57:41 pm by Phil M »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #763 on: November 8, 2018, 02:13:17 pm »

And this is what I was talking about earlier in the thread when I said the documentary loses all credibility by having an agenda.
:D

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #764 on: November 8, 2018, 02:16:37 pm »

So Phil M. 

Grateful for the link, but it is not clear who established the website or who is in charge of updating it.

One of the very important parts of synthesizing information (disparate) is knowing where the information is coming from and who is in charge of correcting it or adding to it.   Not clear here. 

Any help?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: November 8, 2018, 02:25:36 pm »
And this is what I was talking about earlier in the thread when I said the documentary loses all credibility by having an agenda.

Actually, I do not agree. 

Having an agenda just means you have to take the agenda into account.   

The worst kind of credibility is one that postures as neutral but secretly acts in their own interest.  Power that is bestowed onto a group based upon their position and duty in the society with an expectation of neutrality --- and then come to find out that they really are not neutral at all.

This is not contained to rural Wisconsin - this has been a consistent thread throughout time.

Look at Brendan Dassey's first lawyer who kind of laughs about this now --- like its no big deal
« Last Edit: November 8, 2018, 02:27:57 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #766 on: November 8, 2018, 02:42:33 pm »
So Phil M. 

Grateful for the link, but it is not clear who established the website or who is in charge of updating it.

Unsure, here's another:  http://www.stevenaverycase.org/

http://www.stevenaverycase.org/about/
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #767 on: November 8, 2018, 02:44:00 pm »
Actually, I do not agree. 

Having an agenda just means you have to take the agenda into account.   

The worst kind of credibility is one that postures as neutral but secretly acts in their own interest.  Power that is bestowed onto a group based upon their position and duty in the society with an expectation of neutrality --- and then come to find out that they really are not neutral at all.

This is not contained to rural Wisconsin - this has been a consistent thread throughout time.

Look at Brendan Dassey's first lawyer who kind of laughs about this now --- like its no big deal

To criticise the credibility of the film maker doesn't in turn exonerate the credibility of the police force and those connected, I'm not saying that.

But them being incompetent, negligent and arguably unlawful in their approach does not grant the film maker more creative liberties with the truth. If you're emphasising his innocence due to tampered blood vials, when there's actually nothing out of the ordinary, then you're incompetent and lack any credibility in what you're trying to achieve.
:D

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #768 on: November 8, 2018, 02:46:05 pm »

All dealt with in the latest series. Watch the latest programmes and get back to me.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #769 on: November 8, 2018, 02:52:34 pm »
All dealt with in the latest series. Watch the latest programmes and get back to me.

I have Alan. It was fascinating in parts but the latest series didn't/hasn't proven anything other than produce some speculation regarding a possible conspiracy by the police planting evidence etc.

Kathleen Zellner has not proved anything yet. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm all for the truth either way. I'm not here beating a drum that SA is guilty or BD should be released etc.

The site link I posted above is an excellent resource with all the case files and various docs/links etc. Worth a read.

It gave me a more balanced perspective on the events anyway.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #770 on: November 8, 2018, 03:01:42 pm »

Yep appreciate it... will take a look.

I will say that anonymous sources of information and donation like these two sites, do make it appear to be legitimate without offering much to who controls them.
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #771 on: November 8, 2018, 03:10:11 pm »
To criticise the credibility of the film maker doesn't in turn exonerate the credibility of the police force and those connected, I'm not saying that.

But them being incompetent, negligent and arguably unlawful in their approach does not grant the film maker more creative liberties with the truth. If you're emphasising his innocence due to tampered blood vials, when there's actually nothing out of the ordinary, then you're incompetent and lack any credibility in what you're trying to achieve.

Credibility of the filmmaker was never the issue Kashinoda until you mentioned their bias.  My comment has to do with the fact when someone outs their biases for all to see --- it does not diminish their credibility, but it does mean that they have a standard that must be met beyond the bias.

My point is that it is much more problematic to influence a person/the public when there are claims of a lack of bias.  We are all biased by information we receive, and some of us are better at saying we do not know or holding a conclusion until we have a clearer picture. 

I am not convinced the filmmakers are making creative liberties with this.  In fact, I think this whole is being guided by Zellner --- its pretty apparent if you watch season two that she steering this ship and filmmakers are mostly watching. 

Credibility wars conversations are not very interesting either --- who has more etc...

I think Kratz does more each day to destabilize any credibility. 
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #772 on: November 8, 2018, 03:17:51 pm »
I have Alan. It was fascinating in parts but the latest series didn't/hasn't proven anything other than produce some speculation regarding a possible conspiracy by the police planting evidence etc.

I'm all for the truth either way. I'm not here beating a drum that SA is guilty or BD should be released etc.

The site link I posted above is an excellent resource with all the case files and various docs/links etc. Worth a read.

This reminds me --- does anyone have the public filing link to the book she made that started all of this move for an evidentiary hearing?

In small towns, the truth is always a little twisted.  Might take some time mate!

The appeals court decision on Dassey, though, is a complete political cock-up --- listening to the court make their comments in the series was excruciating with a few judges.   
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #773 on: November 8, 2018, 03:30:54 pm »

You should look through the latest evidence submitted by Zellner.

For example: the evidence from Bobby Dassey's internet searches and his interests is absolutely disgusting. He searched for images of underage girls, dismembered bodies, drowned girls, bestiality, torture and rape. There are records of chats he had with 15 year old girls. There are a number of deletions on the Dassey computer that are linked to periods when Theresa Halbach had previously visited the property. Nothing was found on Stephen Avery's computer - no searches for that kind of stuff and no deletions. 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #774 on: November 8, 2018, 03:33:59 pm »
You should look through the latest evidence submitted by Zellner.

For example: the evidence from Bobby Dassey's internet searches and his interests is absolutely disgusting. He searched for images of underage girls, dismembered bodies, drowned girls, bestiality, torture and rape. There are records of chats he had with 15 year old girls. There are a number of deletions on the Dassey computer that are linked to periods when Theresa Halbach had previously visited the property. Nothing was found on Stephen Avery's computer - no searches for that kind of stuff and no deletions. 

That doesn't prove anything though Alan, as you're well aware other than he is/was a disturbed young man.  There's no concrete proof or physical evidence I'm aware of linking Bobby to the crime.
Suspicious as fuck undoubtedly mind you.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2018, 03:38:32 pm by Phil M »

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: November 8, 2018, 03:47:18 pm »

She's shown that the bullet was never in contact with bone, human or otherwise. She's shown that the blood spatter in the back of the RAV4 is consistent with someone being hit with a blunt instrument. She's shown that the hood latch could not be the source of the 'hood latch' swab. She's produced witnesses that saw the RAV4 parked on the road including one that reported it to the policeman that called in the plate, model and colour shortly after and the day before the RAV4 appeared on the Avery property. She's shown that the 'burn pit' couldn;t have burned the body as the police claimed.

She's shown that Bobby Dassey was a far more likely suspect based on his obsessions and the inconsistencies in his testimony. He had the opportunity and his perverted obsessions gave him the motive to carry out a sexually motivated murder. The evidence of Bobby Dassey's disturbed mind, including the deletions of files relating to TH's earlier visits to the property, imaged of dead girls, paedophilia, rape etc were all known to the police and were concealed from the defence.

That's not even going near the shambles of Brendan Dassey's 'confession', the complete absence of DNA and blood in the bedroom where Theresa Halbach was raped by two men, was stabbed, had her throat slit, hair cut and was shackled to the bed with handcuffs that had no DNA and left no marks on the bed.

Can you point me to a single piece of evidence that points to the guilt of Stephen Avery beyond doubt? The best there is are the traces of Avery's blood in an otherwise spotless RAV4 and those are more consistent with evidence being planted than deposits from someone in the course of committing the crime. 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #776 on: November 8, 2018, 03:57:04 pm »
Sorry Alan, I'm not the prosecution. I said above I'm not here to bang a drum either way.

I was following the reddit discussions which someone linked me to and from there saw a link for the SA case sites both of which have a wealth of information.

And the MaM documentaries are unquestionably one-sided. I found them fascinating too, compelling stuff but you need to invest some time (I mean 'you' generally) looking at the case files
and getting a broader overall picture of the case.

Zellner is very impressive but it remains to be seen if the points you brought up above can be proven beyond a reasonable doubt at a re-trial if they ever reach that stage.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #777 on: November 8, 2018, 05:08:21 pm »
She's shown that the bullet was never in contact with bone, human or otherwise. She's shown that the blood spatter in the back of the RAV4 is consistent with someone being hit with a blunt instrument. She's shown that the hood latch could not be the source of the 'hood latch' swab. She's produced witnesses that saw the RAV4 parked on the road including one that reported it to the policeman that called in the plate, model and colour shortly after and the day before the RAV4 appeared on the Avery property. She's shown that the 'burn pit' couldn;t have burned the body as the police claimed.

She's shown that Bobby Dassey was a far more likely suspect based on his obsessions and the inconsistencies in his testimony. He had the opportunity and his perverted obsessions gave him the motive to carry out a sexually motivated murder. The evidence of Bobby Dassey's disturbed mind, including the deletions of files relating to TH's earlier visits to the property, imaged of dead girls, paedophilia, rape etc were all known to the police and were concealed from the defence.

That's not even going near the shambles of Brendan Dassey's 'confession', the complete absence of DNA and blood in the bedroom where Theresa Halbach was raped by two men, was stabbed, had her throat slit, hair cut and was shackled to the bed with handcuffs that had no DNA and left no marks on the bed.

Can you point me to a single piece of evidence that points to the guilt of Stephen Avery beyond doubt? The best there is are the traces of Avery's blood in an otherwise spotless RAV4 and those are more consistent with evidence being planted than deposits from someone in the course of committing the crime.

This is a crucial point --- as someone disposing of a body with a cut on his finger, you would expect to find:

1.  Mixture of blood/sweat DNA with Halbach-Avery which was non-existent (there wasn't any mixture) - just smears in weirdly located areas that were designed to look relevant (but with the key nook and crany his finger would not have reached the area to smear when turning on the car).  This indicates little compartments of smears which do not explain their theory, but still exist in record.

2. Fingerprints -- none found on the outside or inside of the car, but small blood smatterings at different parts of the car

3.  Blood spattering patterns of Halbach's which are more rounded in the backseat sideboard (which indicates little horizontal velocity) an inconsistent with prosecution's theory for moving a body.

And then when you consider the first place the crime sniffing dogs went to was the area near the quarry where the scent was strongest for them --- and that they found a pelvic bone- cut or mutilated in the same quarry along with a lot of other animal bones would indicate there is much more to this story.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2018, 05:10:49 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #778 on: November 8, 2018, 05:42:52 pm »

There won`t, in this case, be a single piece of evidence that puts it beyond doubt. It is whether the doubt is reasonable. Innocent or guilty, what the documentary has highlighted for me is that there was enough available evidence, or there should have been, to create reasonable doubt.
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #779 on: November 10, 2018, 02:36:42 pm »
There won`t, in this case, be a single piece of evidence that puts it beyond doubt. It is whether the doubt is reasonable. Innocent or guilty, what the documentary has highlighted for me is that there was enough available evidence, or there should have been, to create reasonable doubt.

There was for me enough reasonable doubt after the first series and trial, the magic key was a big part of the trial and although covered in some detail was never fully explained by the prosecution, the radio message from Fassbender asking about the Rav 4’s license plate, the pelvic bone at the quarry (which I always thought deserves more attention in the first series) and if I remember correctly the delay in finding the bullet in the garage and you already have enough doubt in my mind, then from the second series the face the bullet shows no skull fragments which I would assume is a pretty standard thing for forensic tests to check (unless your trying to hide something) along with the other questions Zellner raises and I think there has to be enough for another trial.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #780 on: November 10, 2018, 07:41:28 pm »
Thought it was worth posting if anyone finds this interesting:

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/9vmorg/were_forensic_scientists_ask_us_about/

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #781 on: January 4, 2019, 02:48:41 pm »
I've listened to a couple of episodes of "rebutting a murderer" a podcast that attempts to show how the documentary is flawed.

I'll say this before anything else - I believe on the balance of probability Avery did kill Halbach. Probably. Also I think the police did a number on him.

The podcast is ridiculous. It makes a big thing of the people who initially defend Avery and calling into question his brothers (based on crimes and convictions AFTER avery is charged)  but then takes the word of prisoners who are in jail with Avery on his first conviction as gospel.

I get the feeling the fella is attempting to make some money off the back of it.

If it's already been discussed in here. Apologies

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: February 26, 2019, 08:14:16 pm »
https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/tv/news/making-a-murderer-steven-avery-appeal-case-wisconsin-win-lawyer-kathleen-zellner-a8798286.html

Steven Avery, the subject of the Netflixdocumentary Making a Murderer, has won a motion to appeal –  a development hailed by a lawyer as a “big win” in his case.

The motion means that a Wisconsin circuit court will now re-examine the case, as Avery’s attorney Kathleen Zellner claims some evidence has been mishandled by authorities.

Avery, a native of Manitowoc County, Wisconsin, is currently serving a life sentence for the murder of Teresa Halbach, which he says he did not commit.

The motion to appeal, filed by Zellner on Avery’s behalf, makes mention of bones found in a gravel pit, which Zellner wants to be tested to check whether the bones are Halbach’s.

If so, Zellner alleges this would challenge the version of events presented by authorities, according to which Halbach’s remains were buried on Avery’s property.

According to the motion filed by the attorney, the bones were returned to Halbach’s family without being tested for DNA.

Now that the motion has been granted, Avery’s team can submit evidence related to the bones.

The circuit court can grant a new trial, or the case can continue in appellate court, which can also grant a new trial or even reverse the conviction, Zellner told Newsweek.

“Either way, the State opposed this motion and lost,” Zellner added.

“This evidence has the potential to undo the whole case, so it is a big win.”

The attorney tweeted on Monday: "We are going to have an extraordinary number of constitutional violations when we are done. The [court of appeals] is letting us create an avalanche of evidence in this record. Higher courts rule."

The story of Avery's conviction was brought to worldwide attention when Netflix released its documentary series Making a Murderer in December 2015.

A second season followed in October 2018.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online HardworkDedication

• Hardwork and Dedication linked to many stories - Mingebag. Has no opinion of his own. Human news ticker tape.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: April 11, 2019, 11:02:28 am »
Just finished season 2 and I found it riveting viewing. It has left no doubt in my mind that both Brendan and Steven are innocent. Zellner absolutely picks apart the evidence of the prosecutors. I really hope we see justice not only for the Avery family but for Teresa's family too.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #784 on: April 12, 2019, 07:24:11 pm »
If anyone wants to keep up to date with the defence - https://twitter.com/ZellnerLaw

She will also answer question sometimes...

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #786 on: September 24, 2019, 05:32:39 pm »
https://www.newsweek.com/making-murderer-confession-convicted-wisconsin-murderer-allegedly-confesses-killing-teresa-1460835

Hmmm.

As I understand the American justice system, its not that straight forward.

Even if it's credible and even if they convict said person, it's not as easy as a straight forward exoneration.

Happy to stand corrected. Also, is "convicting a murderer" just a season three?

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #787 on: September 25, 2019, 12:11:42 pm »
As I understand the American justice system, its not that straight forward.

Even if it's credible and even if they convict said person, it's not as easy as a straight forward exoneration.

Happy to stand corrected. Also, is "convicting a murderer" just a season three?

Yes looks like it’s the sequel

“Convicting a Murderer is a 10-part documentary series currently in post-production, according to the Internet Movie Database. The series aims to be a sequel to Making a Murderer, but will include parts the Netflix series left out”

Offline RSoares21

• Kopite
  • ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
« Reply #788 on: September 25, 2019, 01:04:14 pm »

“Convicting a Murderer is a 10-part documentary series currently in post-production, according to the Internet Movie Database. The series aims to be a sequel to Making a Murderer, but will include parts the Netflix series left out”

It will be interesting to see considering there was a big uproar from the police department saying that quite alot of evidence was left off making a murderer.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Online Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #789 on: September 25, 2019, 03:06:13 pm »

Yeah apparently it's going to be from the side of the prosecution I'm hearing?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #790 on: September 25, 2019, 03:41:00 pm »
What a great way to get publicity.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #791 on: September 25, 2019, 04:07:14 pm »
The guy who just confessed is the same guy who said that Avery confessed to him in prison a couple of years ago. He also sent a copy of his confession to Zellner along with a demand for money, presumably a reward for information. It's bullshit basically.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #792 on: September 26, 2019, 12:08:57 pm »
What incredible luck to have a confession just before a new series airs. Perfect publicity. They should do the lottery this week.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #793 on: August 2, 2023, 04:59:36 pm »
Re-watched this recently.

Upon second watch Zellners scientific tests come across a bit like Mythbusters in a warehouse somewhere.