Author Topic: Virgil Van Dijk (Cpt)  (Read 1460442 times)

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
Re: Virgil Van Dijk PFA Player of the Year
« Reply #5680 on: June 26, 2019, 03:34:00 pm »
The goatee is gone! [emoji33] Let's hope that wasn't where all his power was stored.

Hot af  ;D

Offline Salty Dog

• Sworn enemy of Sugary Cat.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Put Captain Solo in the cargo hold.
« Reply #5681 on: June 26, 2019, 03:59:57 pm »
The goatee is gone! [emoji33] Let's hope that wasn't where all his power was stored.

What you didn't know is that he actually shaves it off every day after his morning shower and the thing grows back by the time he leaves his house.
It's like all punishments though, isn't it. You just have to close your eyes, grit your teeth and think of England. - Yorkykopite

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #5682 on: June 26, 2019, 04:39:34 pm »
What you didn't know is that he actually shaves it off every day after his morning shower and the thing grows back by the time he leaves his house.

"The thing" is actually quite an apt description of that tuft of hair he had. ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5683 on: June 27, 2019, 11:11:03 am »
Anfield HQ @AnfieldHQ

📸 Virgil Van Dijk has joined Rangers at their pre-season training camp.

The Liverpool defender, who won the Champions League last season, was spotted at the training facilities with his personal trainer.

Virgil van Dijk @VirgilvDijk

Replying to @AnfieldHQ

I didn’t join anyone or anything, I was having my own training session at the same ground they are 🤷🏽‍♂️

Those fuckers continue to get caught out don't they? Its the second time they've been called out by a Liverpool player for talking absolute shite in the past week.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5684 on: June 27, 2019, 11:18:00 am »
What a non-story, attention seekers on Twitter making stuff up. You can tell the season is over! ;D

Just treat them the same way people treat Indykaila - bullshit merchants who should just be ignored. They want publicity and attention and they know they can get it on Twitter.

edit - Both Virgil and AnfieldHQ have deleted their tweets.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 11:28:37 am by sms1986 »

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5685 on: June 27, 2019, 12:16:59 pm »
What a non-story, attention seekers on Twitter making stuff up. You can tell the season is over! ;D

Just treat them the same way people treat Indykaila - bullshit merchants who should just be ignored. They want publicity and attention and they know they can get it on Twitter.

edit - Both Virgil and AnfieldHQ have deleted their tweets.

I think this one seemed innocuous - it didn’t seem like they were shit stirring and it looks like it was taken out of context. No one really believes he was “joining” Rangers do they?
« Last Edit: June 27, 2019, 12:20:10 pm by newterp »

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #5686 on: June 27, 2019, 12:17:28 pm »
Indykaila is a parody account.

Anfield HQ were quoting a Scottish newspaper not making it up on their own. Still awful account mind.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5687 on: June 27, 2019, 12:18:52 pm »
I think this one seemed innocuous - it didn’t seem like they were shot stirring and it looks like it was taken out of context. No one really believes he was “joining” Rangers donthey?

Yeah but there’s some on Twitter who have the pitchforks out for every little thing.

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Seńor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #5688 on: June 27, 2019, 01:04:09 pm »
I think this one seemed innocuous - it didn’t seem like they were shit stirring and it looks like it was taken out of context. No one really believes he was “joining” Rangers do they?
I assumed it was more that Celtic fans would get their knickers in a twist if Van Dijk took it upon himself to train with Rangers

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #5689 on: June 27, 2019, 01:09:52 pm »
Anfield HQ @AnfieldHQ

📸 Virgil Van Dijk has joined Rangers at their pre-season training camp.

The Liverpool defender, who won the Champions League last season, was spotted at the training facilities with his personal trainer.

Virgil van Dijk @VirgilvDijk

Replying to @AnfieldHQ

I didn’t join anyone or anything, I was having my own training session at the same ground they are 🤷🏽‍♂️

Those fuckers continue to get caught out don't they? Its the second time they've been called out by a Liverpool player for talking absolute shite in the past week.

Anfield HQ is dreadful, wouldn't be surprised if it's not ran by LFC fans either.  Same as a fair few of the big Twitter LFC accounts, just professional accounts made for likes and clickthroughs to monetised websites.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5690 on: June 27, 2019, 03:25:24 pm »
I assumed it was more that Celtic fans would get their knickers in a twist if Van Dijk took it upon himself to train with Rangers

Yeah, that’s precisely why he corrected them. Shit stirrers run that account.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5691 on: July 3, 2019, 01:28:18 pm »
He's going to win Ballon D'or.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5692 on: July 3, 2019, 02:31:47 pm »
He's going to win Ballon D'or.

Messi getting dumped out the Copa America last night definitely didn't do Virgils chances any harm.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5693 on: July 3, 2019, 03:25:41 pm »
Messi getting dumped out the Copa America last night definitely didn't do Virgils chances any harm.

I'm starting to think Alisson has a chance too. 9 clean sheets in a row, which have taken Liverpool to the CL trophy and Brazil to the Copa final (so far), frustrating Messi twice in semi-finals.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline AK1892

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5694 on: July 3, 2019, 03:32:26 pm »
We must win UEFA Super Cup and Community shield, then Ballon d'Or is definitely Virgil's.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5695 on: July 3, 2019, 03:43:35 pm »
We must win UEFA Super Cup and Community shield, then Ballon d'Or is definitely Virgil's.

No we don't.

Modric won it last year, having won the CL, and leading Croatia to WC final. He doesn't need to do anything more than what he has already. The Super Cup and Community Shield mean fck all to the rest of the world.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #5696 on: July 3, 2019, 04:49:42 pm »

Unless Bobby get the winner in the final ;)

JK.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline AK1892

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5697 on: July 3, 2019, 05:31:37 pm »
No we don't.

Modric won it last year, having won the CL, and leading Croatia to WC final. He doesn't need to do anything more than what he has already. The Super Cup and Community Shield mean fck all to the rest of the world.

Don't be so sure, Sneijder was in the final of the World Cup and won the Champions League with Inter, had an amazing season, and not only he didn't get it, he wasn't even in top3 (Messi, Xavi, Iniesta) and i think Xavi got it (or Messi I'm not quite sure.

The thing is Messi is globally more supported and known as "best footballer on the planet",  many folks don't consider this as an yearly award and give credit to Messi for what he has done in the past decade.
I agree Virgil should've already won it but you never know about this votes.

And to be honest it seems unfair that national trophies count, no way Salah can win the world cup with Egypt... as if for neymar, it's very possible to do it with brasil.
« Last Edit: July 3, 2019, 05:43:32 pm by AK1892 »

Online mc_red22

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5698 on: July 3, 2019, 05:44:32 pm »

The Community Shield is irrelevant when discussing who could win the Ballon d'Or.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5699 on: July 3, 2019, 07:44:49 pm »
Don't be so sure, Sneijder was in the final of the World Cup and won the Champions League with Inter, had an amazing season, and not only he didn't get it, he wasn't even in top3 (Messi, Xavi, Iniesta) and i think Xavi got it (or Messi I'm not quite sure.

The thing is Messi is globally more supported and known as "best footballer on the planet",  many folks don't consider this as an yearly award and give credit to Messi for what he has done in the past decade.
I agree Virgil should've already won it but you never know about this votes.

And to be honest it seems unfair that national trophies count, no way Salah can win the world cup with Egypt... as if for neymar, it's very possible to do it with brasil.

Xavi didn't get it. Messi got it. That was also 10 years ago, and considering that Messi was laughably 5th last year behind Griezman, for instance, it's apparent that things have changed on how people vote.

Non the less my main point was that it's utter nonsense to suggest that the Super Cup and Community shield need to be won for him to win it. If he doesn't win it, it won't be because of the results in those matches. It's baffling why anyone would think so otherwise.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #5700 on: July 4, 2019, 06:39:49 am »
I think the fact that the media is reporting Messi and VVD as the frontrunners for the competition more or less means VVD just about has it in the bag, barring if we concede a million goals before the end of voting.

Trophies are a big part of winning it, but more than that, it's the popular narrative that's important. Modric won it because Croatia making it to the final of the CL is a huge deal, and it'll be the same for VVD if he wins, because Liverpool winning the CL is regarded as a good news story - old European royalty overcoming the odds to reemerge as a top team in Europe.

The only narrative that beats that is a sentimental award for old man Messi having another great, albeit ultimately tragically sad season as he's let down by his teammates. But I don't think that's the story. The story, as I said, is man mountain VVD leading Liverpool back to the peak of European football.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5701 on: July 4, 2019, 11:15:59 am »
When is the end of voting, and when is it announced?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5702 on: July 5, 2019, 04:54:56 am »
When he wins I'm going to cry myself to sleep. Called it @40/1 months ago, shared it on here, forgot to back it as I went to an interview for a job I didn't even get, came back and he was 12/1  ::) These kinda votes are easy enough to read. I told everyone that would listen that if Croatia beat England Modric gets Golden Ball regardless of what happens in the final. That one I did back on time at least

He is definitely winning. And he will fully deserve it as well. If there was a football version of Space Jam he would make the team easy.  The guy is a true monster defender. If he wasn't playing football he would be attacking Tokyo right about now! Not a single weakness, or area to improve. He is good enough to score 10 goals a season but not counting that as an area of improvement because he scored 6 and how many defenders actually score 10 goals when penalties are not included. None is the answer.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5703 on: July 8, 2019, 09:59:07 am »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5704 on: July 8, 2019, 10:33:00 am »
When is the end of voting, and when is it announced?

Not announced until start of Dec, think nominees are announced in Oct with voting until late Nov.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5705 on: July 8, 2019, 10:44:17 am »
Not announced until start of Dec, think nominees are announced in Oct with voting until late Nov.

Wonder how Messi's recent comments saying that the Copa America is corrupt and all his whinging about officials will impact his chances.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5707 on: July 8, 2019, 12:44:21 pm »

Cheers :wave

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #5708 on: July 8, 2019, 12:52:44 pm »
Fucking hell he's 28 now, in 2 years he'll be 30!! Get rid.

Happy birthday!

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5709 on: July 8, 2019, 01:05:56 pm »
Fucking hell he's 28 now, in 2 years he'll be 30!! Get rid.

Happy birthday!

FFS he's as old as Nathaniel Clyne.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #5710 on: July 8, 2019, 01:08:17 pm »
FFS he's as old as Nathaniel Clyne.

Worrying times

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #5711 on: July 8, 2019, 02:56:52 pm »
Happy birthday VVD

Lovely article in the Echo from Fabinho

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-star-fabinho-explains-virgil-16543138

“And he’s not afraid of whoever he screams at – gives everyone a scolding. He has a thick voice, you can hear him from afar.”

;D

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5712 on: July 8, 2019, 04:49:02 pm »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline eyescream

• ewes'cream
  • Kopite
« Reply #5713 on: July 8, 2019, 06:50:15 pm »
Happy birthday, Virgil!
We should have got you  a few years earlier.

Offline Nogg3000

• Main Stander
  • Come get some!
« Reply #5714 on: July 8, 2019, 07:19:00 pm »

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5715 on: July 8, 2019, 07:20:07 pm »
Has someone cloned Suarez in that vid? Defo similarities.

Didn't watch it all the way through, does someone walk a few metres away from the kid and he falls down rolling around?

Offline Nogg3000

• Main Stander
  • Come get some!
« Reply #5716 on: July 8, 2019, 07:24:45 pm »

;D Similarities, but maybe not a carbon copy.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5717 on: July 8, 2019, 08:10:07 pm »
Worrying times

Certainly for Nathaniel Clyne.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5718 on: July 9, 2019, 01:48:09 am »
He might not win the balloon D'Or after all  :(. Alisson has helped beat a team with the best player in the world twice and won both the Copa and the CL. Worrying times indeed

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #5719 on: July 9, 2019, 07:52:10 am »
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BEST CB EVER :scarf :wellin :champ