Author Topic: SPOILERS The Chainless Game of Thrones and House of the Dragon Discussion  (Read 1045606 times)

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
Re: Mr Blessed & Mrs Barney say "NO Discussion of the Chains!" Game of Thrones
« Reply #11520 on: March 22, 2019, 12:41:00 pm »
Is that Sur Friendzone? Yes, he’s an absolute goner.
That's my favourite thing about him, he's looked a goner for absolutely ages now and is still hanging in there.

Offline Shite Name

• With a post history to match it.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11521 on: March 22, 2019, 04:28:40 pm »

Night King sits on Iron Throne,clicks fingers and every member of his dead army and the only people on the planet standing drops down,camera cuts back to Night King who open a book and for the 1st time ever is able to read in peace and quiet.

If it ends with Sam reading a bedtime story to little Sam about how the throne was won, I swear by the old gods and the new gods I’ll make my own Night King and start this shit for real.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #11522 on: March 24, 2019, 12:57:47 pm »
It’s tits, minge and evisceration with a bit of good acting thrown in.  I wouldn’t go over the top. It’s great fun, but lacks depth.

I would disagree with the lack of depth. The depth is there in certain character's journeys through the seasons. But you have to stick with it to really see it. It's a hard show to get into if you just watch it casually. I'm interested in your comment about the names I have a work colleague who says the same too, that's its the names she has the biggest problems with. I guess that depends on how much interest you have in the subject overall. If I had to watch a show on Greek Mythology I would struggle with the names as well, but I don't think there are too many hard names in GOT to remember overall. 
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11523 on: March 24, 2019, 02:13:28 pm »
I would disagree with the lack of depth. The depth is there in certain character's journeys through the seasons. But you have to stick with it to really see it. It's a hard show to get into if you just watch it casually. I'm interested in your comment about the names I have a work colleague who says the same too, that's its the names she has the biggest problems with. I guess that depends on how much interest you have in the subject overall. If I had to watch a show on Greek Mythology I would struggle with the names as well, but I don't think there are too many hard names in GOT to remember overall. 

I still have to double take between Cersei and Sansa let alone remember some of the more peripheral cast members.

Online Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #11524 on: March 24, 2019, 05:36:15 pm »
I still have to double take between Cersei and Sansa let alone remember some of the more peripheral cast members.

It took me bloody ages to remember who was Tywin and who was Tyrion when either was ever brought up in conversation. Obviously I knew the difference visually  :D
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #11525 on: March 24, 2019, 05:45:33 pm »
I’m similarly lost by Greek mythology. They aren’t difficult names, I just constantly lose track of who is who.

In my house we have ‘the man knows everything’, he leads Danerys around the lands knowing every culture, language, grudge and mountain path. But I’ve no idea what he’s called.

We’ve also got the big Scottish bastard with the scarred face. And his friend the big blonde woman.

Then we’ve got thingy, thingy’s wife and thingy’s wife’s mum who might have poisoned people but I might have got that wrong.

I’ve got pages worth of these ;D
You see my problem
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #11526 on: March 24, 2019, 06:51:17 pm »
I would disagree with the lack of depth. The depth is there in certain character's journeys through the seasons. But you have to stick with it to really see it. It's a hard show to get into if you just watch it casually.
Agree with this. At a glance it just looks like a succession of gory battles. Having watched since the beginning though, I genuinely feel like I've seen characters grow in meaningful ways.

Sansa's transformation from obsessing over Prince Charming, to enduring horrific trauma, to being a powerful leader.
Theon's long efforts at redemption.
Jaime's slow turnaround from arrogance and entitlement to being one of the most noble characters remaining.

There's plenty more. It's rare you get a show whose characters have so much depth, who have so many flaws to go with their strengths.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11527 on: March 24, 2019, 06:52:41 pm »
I’m similarly lost by Greek mythology. They aren’t difficult names, I just constantly lose track of who is who.

In my house we have ‘the man knows everything’, he leads Danerys around the lands knowing every culture, language, grudge and mountain path. But I’ve no idea what he’s called.

We’ve also got the big Scottish bastard with the scarred face. And his friend the big blonde woman.

Then we’ve got thingy, thingy’s wife and thingy’s wife’s mum who might have poisoned people but I might have got that wrong.

I’ve got pages worth of these ;D
You see my problem

You forgot Robson or Jerome who is my favourite character.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #11528 on: March 24, 2019, 07:04:45 pm »

Dennis. Pennis was great as well
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11529 on: March 24, 2019, 07:36:31 pm »
Fucking hell.   :lmao

I had forgotten him and we do call hi pm that

:lmao
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11530 on: March 24, 2019, 07:36:53 pm »
Dennis Pennis is in it?
W

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11531 on: March 24, 2019, 07:39:24 pm »
He is!

Thoros of Myr.... no idea who that is of course.
W

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #11532 on: March 24, 2019, 07:50:55 pm »
The Hound is Yarp to me.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11533 on: March 24, 2019, 08:10:19 pm »
Narp, I'm not having that.

I know that Mickey Luv does the banking. Seems like an odd choice for the job, but there you go.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11534 on: March 24, 2019, 08:32:59 pm »

The chains get their own backstory, with rumours of a spin-off series.

That's all I have.

Link??

All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11535 on: March 24, 2019, 08:35:32 pm »
 ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11536 on: March 24, 2019, 08:43:16 pm »

And it in doubt it’s her off of Hollyoaks.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11537 on: March 24, 2019, 08:53:21 pm »
And it in doubt it’s her off of Hollyoaks.
YES! No idea what her name is either.

Then there were the Asian women and the dothraki whim I doubt anyone knows any of the names of.

There’s the bloke with the beard who burned his daughter alive too.

And the stark that’s the three eyed raven.  No idea what his name is, fuck all idea what the three eyed raven is all about.

Oh, and what about the caveman girl who shags Jon Snow and is his proper wife?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 08:55:04 pm by Preserved for posterity. »
W

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #11538 on: March 24, 2019, 08:54:15 pm »
Link??

Yes that is what makes up chains - links.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11539 on: March 24, 2019, 08:59:47 pm »
YES! No idea what her name is either.

Then there were the Asian women and the dothraki whim I doubt anyone knows any of the names of.

There’s the bloke with the beard who burned his daughter alive too.

And the stark that’s the three eyed raven.  No idea what his name is, fuck all idea what the three eyed raven is all about.

Oh, and what about the caveman girl who shags Jon Snow and is his proper wife?

The daughter burner didn’t have a beard, I don’t think. Stavros was him name, or something like that.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11540 on: March 24, 2019, 09:00:51 pm »
Maybe us amateur viewers should set up a separate thread! :D

I’m also bad at remembering people who reappear after a few series out like that nonce Arya wanted to kill. Did he not save her when Sean Bean got his head chopped off? Remind me why she now hates him?

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11541 on: March 24, 2019, 09:01:19 pm »
The daughter burner didn’t have a beard, I don’t think. Stavros was him name, or something like that.

Flatley?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11542 on: March 24, 2019, 09:05:11 pm »
what?

Oh fuck.
W

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11543 on: March 24, 2019, 09:14:02 pm »
You've all forgotten the professional Yorkshireman from Lord of the Rings. And the annoying bloke from The Office.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11544 on: March 24, 2019, 09:35:48 pm »
You've all forgotten the professional Yorkshireman from Lord of the Rings. And the annoying bloke from The Office.

Dagmer Cleftjaw? Bloody good sales rep.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11545 on: March 24, 2019, 10:03:42 pm »
Maybe us amateur viewers should set up a separate thread! :D

I’m also bad at remembering people who reappear after a few series out like that nonce Arya wanted to kill. Did he not save her when Sean Bean got his head chopped off? Remind me why she now hates him?

Arya? She’s was the one played by David Bradley, right?

And she was saved by someone named Yoren. The pedo she murdered was a Kings Guard fella named Trant.

I remember these things. Or looked on the Thrones wiki.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2019, 10:09:14 pm by Brian Blessed »

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11546 on: March 24, 2019, 10:37:40 pm »
Arya? She’s was the one played by David Bradley, right?

And she was saved by someone named Yoren. The pedo she murdered was a Kings Guard fella named Trant.

I remember these things. Or looked on the Thrones wiki.

Ah fair enough. Obviously wasn’t paying close enough attention!

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11547 on: March 24, 2019, 10:40:01 pm »
What’s all that stuff with the other faces?

I never understood what was going on and it lasted two series.
W

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11548 on: March 25, 2019, 12:27:24 am »
What’s all that stuff with the other faces?

It’s a kind of magic. The whole plot is based on a Queen song.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11549 on: March 25, 2019, 05:38:25 am »

Six and counting...

A man spams a thread, that kind of thing. ;)
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11550 on: March 25, 2019, 06:49:51 am »
Six and counting...

A man spams a thread, that kind of thing. ;)
No no no!  I enjoy it!  I just often don’t have a clue what is going on or who half the people are!
W

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11551 on: March 25, 2019, 08:59:47 am »
I enjoy your spam.

;D

So the faceless fella first shows up when Arya and co escape from the Lannisters in the 2nd series. There are three guys trapped in a burning caged cart, she sets them free, and the guy says 'a life for a life' and offers her to kill three people... and it went on for the whole thing from there.

The whole thing just sets up Arya as a mass murderer extraordinaire though doesn't it? That and it gives them license to throw in flipped scripts and plot twists cos Arya and the other Faceless Men can be like a T1000 or Mystique from X Men as long as they keep a little satchel of faces on them.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #11552 on: March 25, 2019, 12:30:10 pm »

Why are you bring Kojak's brother into it?  :o  It was Stannis who had his daughter burnt.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11553 on: March 25, 2019, 12:38:19 pm »
That’s a good point, I’d forgotten about the cart. He’s super human almost, yet he’s stuck in a burning cart after getting caught like a common criminal? Hmmm.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11554 on: March 25, 2019, 01:17:03 pm »
That’s a good point, I’d forgotten about the cart. He’s super human almost, yet he’s stuck in a burning cart after getting caught like a common criminal? Hmmm.

But there are loads of them/him innit?

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11555 on: March 25, 2019, 01:27:27 pm »

Maybe he wanted to be caught?
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11556 on: March 25, 2019, 03:53:45 pm »
I enjoy your spam.

;D

So the faceless fella first shows up when Arya and co escape from the Lannisters in the 2nd series. There are three guys trapped in a burning caged cart, she sets them free, and the guy says 'a life for a life' and offers her to kill three people... and it went on for the whole thing from there.

The whole thing just sets up Arya as a mass murderer extraordinaire though doesn't it? That and it gives them license to throw in flipped scripts and plot twists cos Arya and the other Faceless Men can be like a T1000 or Mystique from X Men as long as they keep a little satchel of faces on them.

He was in the cart when it left Kings Landing,we just didn't see his face as he hadn't been cast,we first see his face when he asks Arya for some water.One thing's for sure,he was in the cart because he wanted to be.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #11557 on: March 25, 2019, 04:40:57 pm »
It’s a kind of magic. The whole plot is based on a Queen song.

Makes sense, given that it's a Queen song on the opening credits

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2fPgIIB67bw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2fPgIIB67bw</a>
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11558 on: March 25, 2019, 04:51:01 pm »
I enjoy your spam.

;D

That’s actually helped!
W

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #11559 on: March 25, 2019, 05:00:45 pm »
Why are you bring Kojak's brother into it?  :o  It was Stannis who had his daughter burnt.

And that scene like others are based on Greek myth;

"Agamemnon offends the goddess Artemis on his way to the Trojan War. She retaliates by preventing the Greek troops from reaching Troy unless Agamemnon kills Iphigenia at Aulis as a human sacrifice."

And the scene were Arya Stark serves up Walder Frey's sons to him in a pie is also based on a Greek myth;

"Atreus then learned of Thyestes' and Aerope's adultery and plotted revenge. He killed Thyestes' sons and cooked them, save their hands and heads. He served Thyestes his own sons and then taunted him with their hands and heads. This is the source of modern phrase "Thyestean Feast," or one at which human flesh is served."

So GOT is a cross between Greek myth, the internecine feuding of the Plantagenets and the Wars of the Roses. Except Henry Tudor had no dragons.