Author Topic: LFC Squad - World Cup Break  (Read 45381 times)

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
Re: LFC Squad - World Cup Break
« Reply #160 on: November 14, 2022, 09:10:35 pm »
Thursday 22nd December may not be that bad. It gives us a day/2 days extra to integrate those players who are later coming back from the World Cup (probably the quarter finalists might be able to play) and gives us a few days still before the Villa game. Just a bit annoying we got the most difficult draw of the lot.

I think we can assemble a team from those who have not travelled that can provide a game for the weary City team
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: November 15, 2022, 08:44:40 am »
When do the lads fly out to Dubai? 

I assume it'll be after these upcoming friendlies.

Offline Scottish-Don

• Maggie May, Kez, Kopbird, LFCMunkee and gerrardspetal in any order
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'Cause he's a dedicated follower of fashion
« Reply #162 on: November 15, 2022, 08:48:14 am »

Liverpool will play two friendly matches while in Dubai next month for their warm-weather training camp.

The members of Jürgen Klopp’s first-team squad who are not at the World Cup will spend 12 days in the United Arab Emirates, with their domestic schedule now paused until the League Cup tie at Manchester City on December 22.

Reds players involved in the World Cup will join the group in Dubai once their nation’s participation in the competition has concluded.

As well as warm-weather training, Liverpool will also play against Olympique Lyonnais and AC Milan in a friendly tournament called the Dubai Super Cup. Fellow Premier League side Arsenal will also compete in the tournament but not play against the Reds.

Klopp’s men will first meet French outfit Lyon at 2pm GMT (6pm local time) on Sunday December 11, followed by a tie with reigning Serie A champions AC Milan at 3.30pm GMT (7.30pm local time) on Friday December 16.

The tournament will take place at Al-Maktoum Stadium and tickets can be purchased at www.dubaisupercup.ae.

Follow the Reds to Dubai with Expedia® Live, a dedicated page of deals to book your travel. Fans can save up to 25 per cent when they add a hotel to their flight as an Expedia member.

Both games will be available live and on demand on LFCTV GO*. Get LFCTV GO free for a month now by using code GOFREE22 when subscribing. *Excluding MENA

Live coverage is also available on LFCTV for viewers in the UK and Republic of Ireland. T&Cs will apply.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/liverpool-play-lyon-and-ac-milan-dubai-super-cup
Follow me on Twitter - @achtung_davie

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: November 16, 2022, 04:59:11 pm »
12 days in Dubai but no confirmation of how much time players are getting off or when we actually jet off to Dubai but I'm guessing our schedule will look something like this.

Sat 12 Nov: Southampton
Sun 13 Nov – Sun 27 Nov: Time off
Mon 28 Nov – 4 Dec: 1 week training at Kirkby
Mon 5 Dec – 16 Dec: 12 day training camp in Dubai with friendlies against Lyon (11 Dec ) and AC Milan (16 Dec)
Sat 17 Dec: Back to training at Kirkby
Thu 22 Dec: Man City (League Cup)
Mon 26 Dec: Aston Villa (PL)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2022, 01:56:58 pm by Too early for flapjacks? »

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: November 17, 2022, 11:55:12 am »
Ugh, what a long month. Didnt realise the City game was on the 22nd, certainly an interesting return to action.
- all in my opinion of course -

Online The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: November 17, 2022, 12:07:51 pm »
Liverpool's plans for December training camp in Dubai

Pepijn Lijnders has detailed Liverpool's intention to create a foundation upon which they can attack the rest of the season during their Dubai training camp.

The Reds will reconvene for a 12-day trip to the UAE in December after beating Southampton 3-1 in their final game before the World Cup at the weekend.

They will meet Olympique Lyonnais and AC Milan in friendlies while in Dubai and Lijnders has explained why Jürgen Klopp and his coaches believe the time there will be of significant benefit to the squad before their campaign resumes against Manchester City on December 22.

What is the plan for this mid-season break? Will the players who are not going to the World Cup get some time off before you meet up again for the Dubai trip?

It’s an exciting time for a lot of our players. Competing on the highest level has a lot to do with honour and, to be honest, competing in a World Cup must be something so special. So, first of all I wish them all the best. Hopefully they reach their highest levels and come back with a good feeling. Try to enjoy it, try to experience fully, because these tournaments are once in a lifetime – and I don’t want to put any pressure on him but Virgil has to come back with something, haha!

I will follow the tournament as someone who loves the game, who loves the opportunity that football cultures can show the world what they are all about. The last years have been incredibly hard for our boys, the levels they reached, game in and game out, every three days, it made us successful. With long spells of high performance, players can become mentally tired. A lot of people mistake physical tiredness for being mentally tired, but we all know that the mind and the body are one. So, yes, it gives us a chance to give the boys few weeks without needing to prepare for a game, to not hear our voices shouting at them that they have to give more. Now they can go to bed knowing that the day after there isn’t an intense training session planned for them, but just a dinner with the missus and some family or friends. Hopefully it will take them out of their high-performance routines and gives the mind a nice break.

We will report in Dubai with a fresh and hungry mind to prepare the second half of the season. We still have our same target: create special games and memories together. There is still a lot to play for. We know we weren’t good enough [so far this season] but one thing will not happen, we will not stop nor give up. In all layers of society, it’s in these times people get separated: the ones who make one step forward and the ones who make one step back. The AXA Training Centre is full of people who make a step forward, the ones who take responsibility and not the ones who shield behind the others.

What are the benefits of the Dubai training camp?

Too many to describe here. It’s about togetherness, off-the-pitch professionalism, creation of team spirit, a staff who work very efficiently towards one target and above everything, real time to train. Real time for dedicated and specific team training. It’s time to create a base for the second half of the season to recover our pride. Sometimes you need to lose something to realise what it took to have it. Hard work and dedication brought the cups to us, without it we are nothing special. I have to give Ray [Haughan] and Louise [Dobson] a big compliment for how they always make sure we can prepare in the best conditions possible. These two breathe high performance on the elite level and honestly this isn’t easy: no excuses and always searching for the next step. For example, they started the process of the Dubai training camp 18 months ago to ensure we got the best elite facility possible, before any other team.

The pre-season in the summer was very short, so do you see Dubai as a second pre-season?

How I tried to explain before, the boys need time to recover, especially after long spells of fighting for prizes. I wish we could have given them even more time off in the summer, but the Community Shield was already around the corner. Honestly, Austria and Singapore were very good, we worked hard and grew together. I look forward to it, a lot is already prepared and we just need to find the right energy to give to the team. For the boys who are in the World Cup it will be again an insane season, every three days inside the world’s most intense league, competing in the knockout stages of the Champions League and fighting for the domestic cups. We are asking a lot but we have to ask more, ask for better, and then success will follow again.

Is the plan for Luis Diaz and Diogo Jota to travel to Dubai to continue their recoveries from injury?

Luis definitely, if everything goes to plan. We can’t wait to see him back, he is this player who smiles when he has the ball at his feet. Diogo will join us to continue his rehab. The conditions to train and recover in Dubai are just very, very good. A change of scenery is always a welcome factor when recovering from a long-term injury.

How important will the two friendlies out there be to help the players regain match sharpness?

I’m a big believer that the game teaches, the game is what unites us, what makes us a collective. So, we will use the two games trying to show our hunger, our commitment, knowing that we have to improve.

Finally, is the fact Dubai is close to Qatar one of the reasons that it is the best location for the camp? It would be easy for any players who get knocked out of the World Cup to join up with the squad…

Absolutely. You search for a combination of quality pitches, good infrastructure and a spot that can create atmosphere and togetherness in the team. We find all of this in Dubai. The weather will be warm and that will create some difficulty for training, but that’s not bad at all while preparing for the tough months coming.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/liverpools-plans-december-training-camp-dubai

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #166 on: November 21, 2022, 03:28:45 pm »
Hey, it's only a month till we are playing our next game, doesn't time fly
aarf, aarf, aarf.

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: November 30, 2022, 08:48:07 pm »
Looks like the players who are not at the world cup are still on holiday. I wonder when they will reconvene.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: November 30, 2022, 08:48:36 pm »
Monday I think.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: November 30, 2022, 09:05:58 pm »
Looks like the players who are not at the world cup are still on holiday. I wonder when they will reconvene.

Monday I think.

They'll reconvene when evil Lord Lijnders says so.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #170 on: November 30, 2022, 09:25:41 pm »
They'll reconvene when evil Lord Lijnders says so.

Come to the Dark Side of the Port...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: December 1, 2022, 09:42:32 am »
When do the lads fly out to Dubai? 

I assume it'll be after these upcoming friendlies.

Sunday.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: December 1, 2022, 10:48:46 am »
Sunday.

Where did you see that mate?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #173 on: December 1, 2022, 11:25:23 am »

Right after Saturday...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #174 on: December 1, 2022, 11:41:23 am »
Thought Mo was doing some punditry work, did that not happen?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: December 1, 2022, 03:10:07 pm »

Well time difference plays a part mate. Fly out on Sunday and train on Monday.

Seen it on an article somewhere about Liverpool Fc getting on the plane on Sunday.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: December 1, 2022, 05:51:39 pm »
Looks like Kloppo is back in action. The LFC twitter account posted a video of him doing the Christmas Toy appeal.  ;D

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: December 2, 2022, 01:30:06 pm »
Looks like Kloppo is back in action. The LFC twitter account posted a video of him doing the Christmas Toy appeal.  ;D

What toy did you get?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #178 on: December 2, 2022, 02:44:32 pm »

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: December 4, 2022, 05:28:15 pm »
I assume the ones still on holiday will just travel to meet the others in Dubai?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: December 4, 2022, 06:26:17 pm »
I assume the ones still on holiday will just travel to meet the others in Dubai?

Yes, on Monday.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: December 4, 2022, 11:32:51 pm »
https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1599321813297041409

Some 23 days after going their separate ways, #LFC players and staff will reconvene tomorrow. A piece on their warm weather training camp in Dubai. The good news is that Luis Diaz’s rehab has gone to plan and he’s ready to return to team training.

The break has also enabled Keita and Matip to build up their fitness. World Cup stars set to have a week off from when their involvement in the tournament ends. So Nunez due to link up in Dubai later this week.

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #183 on: December 5, 2022, 08:56:43 am »
World Cup stars set to have a week off from when their involvement in the tournament ends.

This almost certainly means those who make it to the semis will miss the Villa game. That's either Hendo and Trent or Konate at the very least. We need Argentina to beat the Dutch and South Korea, Croatia or Japan to beat Brazil.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #184 on: December 5, 2022, 09:10:41 am »
This almost certainly means those who make it to the semis will miss the Villa game. That's either Hendo and Trent or Konate at the very least. We need Argentina to beat the Dutch and South Korea, Croatia or Japan to beat Brazil.

Kelleher for Alisson for a game feels ok. And actually think we’d cope ok without the England boys. Wouldn’t want to be without both Virgil and Konate at the same time though.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: December 5, 2022, 11:56:06 am »
Will be interesting to see who from the kids made it out to Dubai. Harvey Davies, Isaac Mabaya, Stefan Bajcetic, Bobby Clark, Ben Doak, Melkamu Frauendorf, etc. If we play different teams in each half against Lyon on Sunday there might be some game time for some of them.

Online The Final Third

• Brought to you from 15 minutes in the future :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: December 5, 2022, 01:21:50 pm »
Liverpool have named an initial 33-man squad for their training camp in Dubai.

The Reds departed for the United Arab Emirates on Monday afternoon, where they will begin preparations for the second half of the season.

The travelling party includes Luis Diaz, Diogo Jota, Naby Keita and Arthur Melo, who will continue to work on their individual rehabilitation programmes from their respective injuries.

Liverpool will face Olympique Lyonnais and AC Milan in two matches in the Dubai Super Cup – with both to be shown live on LFCTV and LFCTV GO – before they return to Merseyside ahead of the League Cup tie with Manchester City on December 22.

Players currently participating in the World Cup will rejoin the squad at later dates, with Darwin Nunez set to arrive next week.

Liverpool squad for Dubai training camp:

Adrian, Kelleher, Davies, Mrozek, Pitaluga, Salah, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Jones, Elliott, Tsimikas, Ramsay, Robertson, Carvalho, Bajcetic, Phillips, Gordon, Keita, Matip, Gomez, Jota, Arthur, Diaz, Thiago, Firmino, Chambers, Quansah, Clark, Frauendorf, Stewart, Doak, Cain, Corness.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/liverpool-name-initial-33-man-squad-dubai-training-camp

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #187 on: December 5, 2022, 01:41:39 pm »
I am glad Layton Stewart has been selected in this group, as he has missed out through injury in the past.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Fordy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: December 5, 2022, 01:55:05 pm »
Great for Quansah, Doak, Corness and Stewart to be part of the squad.

Clark went in the summer and with Chambers so they will know what its about.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: December 6, 2022, 02:32:50 pm »
Team arriving in Dubai earlier today.  :D

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: December 6, 2022, 02:35:43 pm »
Didn't they set off yesterday afternoon, how long is the flight?!  ;D

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #191 on: December 6, 2022, 03:15:20 pm »
Not a fan of LFC having this training camp in Dubai, but there we go. That’s football now, no one really cares about the human rights factor and that includes our own club.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: December 6, 2022, 04:15:32 pm »
https://twitter.com/LFC/status/1600160058687750144

Our training camp in Dubai is underway.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: December 6, 2022, 04:41:40 pm »

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #194 on: December 6, 2022, 04:47:15 pm »

Great to see Díaz. That looks like Keita in full training too.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: December 6, 2022, 04:56:26 pm »
What a glorious sight that is after so long.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #196 on: December 6, 2022, 06:14:50 pm »
Matip in training as well, though didn’t see Curtis.

Hurry up and get this tinpot tourney over so we can get back to proper football
« Last Edit: December 6, 2022, 06:17:19 pm by twootuurtlediivvaas »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: December 6, 2022, 06:15:58 pm »
Matip in training as well. Hurry up and get this tinpot tourney over so we can get back to proper football

Yes! Can't wait for the Dubai Super Cup or whatever it's called.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #198 on: December 6, 2022, 06:18:23 pm »
Yes! Can't wait for the Dubai Super Cup or whatever it's called.
For the first time in a long time I am actually looking forward to us playing a friendly.

But 21st Dec can’t come soon enough
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #199 on: December 6, 2022, 06:50:35 pm »
For the first time in a long time I am actually looking forward to us playing a friendly.

But 21st Dec can’t come soon enough

Who are we playing?