Author Topic: Images and GIFs not displaying  (Read 930 times)

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
Images and GIFs not displaying
« on: January 3, 2024, 08:17:20 pm »
This is a random one, and wonder if it's related to me having the the issue via work laptop, but as per subject - i'm unable to see images/gifs etc that are posted into threads.

Any ideas? I don't think it's a browser setting as the RAWK logo, user's avatars and other images outside of the forum posts themselves are visible..

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Images and GIFs not displaying
« Reply #1 on: January 4, 2024, 06:56:11 am »
Possibly the domains (imgur etc) that are being used to host the image files is being blocked on your work laptop. The RAWK logo etc is likely self hosted on RAWK server.

One way to test if it is RAWK causing the problem - click to quote a post that has an image in it so that you can see the image URL in side the quotes. Copy the URL and try and open it a separate tab and see if it loads.
« Last Edit: January 4, 2024, 07:00:01 am by Elmo! »

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 4, 2024, 10:42:47 am »
As Elmo said or go to a thread where you know there's been images not loading, right click, inspect element and go to the network tab and see if anything is in red, it'll tell you why it's not being loaded.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 4, 2024, 12:06:26 pm »
Happens to me on my work computer, but they load on my phone so I assume the issue is the work computer and/or security settings.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT