Author Topic: Ground Entry  (Read 61599 times)

Offline MKB

• Martin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Ground Entry
« Reply #80 on: August 22, 2021, 10:43:18 am »
Presumably because carlsberg have gone to cans instead of bottles

Didn't understand why this had been done.  The need to decant each can into a plastic vessel, and the impossibility of doing this without creating a huge overflowing head, meant that drinks sales were a fraction of what they could have been.

I used SeatServe, and it went and charged my default credit card in the Google Pay app, not the credit card I entered on the payment processing page, which is going to cause me some issues.

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: August 22, 2021, 11:02:14 am »
Went into main stand T that had to queue for about 20 minutes , noticed the difference from the old season card was that when you present it , it buzzed to let you know the turnstile had accepted but it wasn’t doing this now and i was waiting for the buzz when the turnstile was actually open .

Offline anitrella

• Anny Roader
« Reply #82 on: August 22, 2021, 11:34:35 am »
Was told by TO that they’ve decreased the dwell time of the turnstile from 7 seconds to 3 seconds to help get people in quicker

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #83 on: August 22, 2021, 12:03:14 pm »
Bought a couple of tickets in the lower Kenny the day before the game. Originally said turnstile J I think but then on the day changed to Kenny dalglish reception. I thought ok they must be trying to push a few through there to help the queues at the main turnstile, good idea!

Waited in line for that for about 15 mins no issue, double checked we were definitely in the right queue with a few stewards to make sure just to then be turned away when we got to the front. Couldn’t believe how I was spoken to by the girl in there. Like we were third class titanic passengers trying to sneak into first class.

Offline stoz

• John Motson. The Flag Bearer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #84 on: August 22, 2021, 12:19:30 pm »
Bought a couple of tickets in the lower Kenny the day before the game. Originally said turnstile J I think but then on the day changed to Kenny dalglish reception. I thought ok they must be trying to push a few through there to help the queues at the main turnstile, good idea!

Waited in line for that for about 15 mins no issue, double checked we were definitely in the right queue with a few stewards to make sure just to then be turned away when we got to the front. Couldn’t believe how I was spoken to by the girl in there. Like we were third class titanic passengers trying to sneak into first class.

They would have been unsold hospitality seats, that they then sold as 'normal' matchday tickets. We had the opposite hapoen for the first friendly. We were always supposed to enter via KD reception, then they sent an email changing it to K a couple of days before.

Online Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: August 22, 2021, 02:13:32 pm »
For about the 20+ people in front of me the NFC didn't work once at Turnstile F, everybody had to use the barcode.

The thing is although it's probably only a minute or so extra, that's for every single person and if that happens all the time then it's fair easy to see how queues will quickly build

I use NFC all the time on my phone all the time with no issues
« Last Edit: August 22, 2021, 02:30:19 pm by Tiz Lad »

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #86 on: August 22, 2021, 02:42:53 pm »
I went in at 11:25, queued for about 5 minutes & got in at the first time of asking on NFC. Queue for a pint was 20 minutes at that stage. Loads of people gave up, likewise at half time.

Offline RideTheWalrus

• Legacy Fan
  • Urge to kill rising...
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2021, 02:52:04 pm »
Didn't understand why this had been done.  The need to decant each can into a plastic vessel, and the impossibility of doing this without creating a huge overflowing head, meant that drinks sales were a fraction of what they could have been.

I used SeatServe, and it went and charged my default credit card in the Google Pay app, not the credit card I entered on the payment processing page, which is going to cause me some issues.

I think it's a supplier issue, part of my job involves getting stock for a hospitality venue, we used to also stock plastic Carlsberg 500ml bottles, but they were discontinued through the supplier we used. I'd assume it might be the same issue here.
Pretty happy with Arse taking it.

Disappointing.
[/quote]

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2021, 03:02:20 pm »
Huge crowds stuck outside St Mary's today. They're refunding all general admission tickets according to Sky. Didnt say what the issue was though.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #89 on: August 22, 2021, 03:19:18 pm »
No issues from me yesterday and I had two tickets on my phone. Both scanned quickly without having to use the barcode on my phone and done before the steward could finish their sentence telling me to use the barcode.

Huge crowds stuck outside St Mary's today. They're refunding all general admission tickets according to Sky. Didnt say what the issue was though.

Looks like they're doing NFC too

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: August 22, 2021, 04:43:22 pm »
Why are the stewards telling everyone to use barcodes?

I just ignore them, my NFC works perfectly fine.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: August 22, 2021, 05:09:38 pm »
No idea. Panic stations from them yesterday outside the Annie Road.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #92 on: August 22, 2021, 05:18:15 pm »

We were told it was more reliable so I guess they're just trying to limit the problems.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline paulgil23

• Kemlynite
« Reply #93 on: August 22, 2021, 06:34:46 pm »
How the hell is any of this progress?
I’ve been to loads of sports events like everyone else, golf, cricket, NFL, formula one, rugby etc.
And compared to all of them, the ‘fan experience’ at Anfield is an absolute disgrace. Whether it’s getting in the ground, getting some food or drink, going to the toilet etc.
They could make lots of these things better if they wanted to. But I think there’s the answer. They’re not bothered as long as it’s a sell out every week.

Offline squeeze84

• Main Stander
« Reply #94 on: August 22, 2021, 06:58:15 pm »
Was in the main stand upper. Got to the ground just before 12 and straight into the longest queue you can imagine for turnstile S. In fairness it started to move pretty quickly once we turned back into Annie Road. Was in the ground for kick off but my heart sunk when I heard You’ll Never Walk Alone from outside. We arrived within our allotted time, but this staggered approach seems flawed. Ideally if people turn up early you want them to go in. How can it be helpful to everyone outside the ground with a short window to file people in? Steward told us to us the QR code seemed to be working better. Felt awful for those people who made it in 15-20 minutes after us. First game back and that’s the experience, not good enough. Hope they got an apology.  :-\

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA, Chester via Newtownards
« Reply #95 on: August 22, 2021, 07:12:01 pm »
How the hell is any of this progress?
I’ve been to loads of sports events like everyone else, golf, cricket, NFL, formula one, rugby etc.
And compared to all of them, the ‘fan experience’ at Anfield is an absolute disgrace. Whether it’s getting in the ground, getting some food or drink, going to the toilet etc.
They could make lots of these things better if they wanted to. But I think there’s the answer. They’re not bothered as long as it’s a sell out every week.
the thing is most people don't care for the experience they are just going to support the team. The other sports you've listed the fan experience is much more important imo. Granted the club should be doing more to improve it

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: August 22, 2021, 07:38:46 pm »

Yep, there seems to be a bit of uncertainty at the moment. Queuing up everyone around me were saying just show the ticket because it said "hold towards reader" (or something), but the guy in front of me was told to reveal the code, so I clicked to do that, then me fucking thumb rolled it down the page so it didnt work immediately :)  I had to scroll it back. Caused a few seconds delay.

Someone said today that you only need to show the code on an android not an iPhone?
Hey, ho.

Offline Levitz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: August 22, 2021, 08:03:59 pm »
Went in turnstile B, allocated time was 11.45-12.15 but we just decided to go straight in when we got there about 11.30 and saw the queues. Bit of confusion as the queue for W and B seemed t have merged, eventually found the right one, still looked pretty long but moved quickly, no problems with the NFC at all, straight in. Very big queues for beers/food, got one before game but gave up at half time, forgot all about seat serve.......
Liverpool ist Rad!

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #98 on: August 22, 2021, 08:48:43 pm »
Blithering idiots V's impatient self-righteous knobheads.

Who go win?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: August 22, 2021, 09:01:35 pm »
We got in stupid early at like 11.15. NFC didn’t work for me but thanks to reading the forums I knew to use the QR code

If you’re on an older version of iOS, it also doesn’t seem to display your exact seat details so it was a little tricky trying to find signal to remember my seat. If they’re going to use nfc, maybe it might be time to step up the stadium WiFi in case people need to re-download a pass or whatever?
YNWA.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #100 on: August 22, 2021, 09:32:00 pm »
My time was the first slot but wasn't bothered. Got to E about 11am and saw my usual steward for the first time since Feb 20 so had a little chat then went in.

For the friendly and tests it worked straight way with NFC. Yesterday t took 3 goes. The fella beyond the turnstiles said it was because my phone has a case on. It did all the other times too. I don't think they know what to say next to be honest. So it took me about 5-6s but not a problem. That was using NFC on an Android.

It seemed to go quite well yesterday I thought. Saw Southampton on the national news! You wonder if they had any tests or friendlies
We are a team of one half.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: August 22, 2021, 09:32:42 pm »
We got in stupid early at like 11.15. NFC didn’t work for me but thanks to reading the forums I knew to use the QR code

If you’re on an older version of iOS, it also doesn’t seem to display your exact seat details so it was a little tricky trying to find signal to remember my seat. If they’re going to use nfc, maybe it might be time to step up the stadium WiFi in case people need to re-download a pass or whatever?
stadium WiFi doesn't work in most seats, 4G non existent in the ground most of the time and doesn't work until you reach the Derry club after the game. It's quite funny cause it always comes back online around the same spot and I have no idea why

Offline reddazforever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #102 on: August 22, 2021, 10:21:34 pm »
Got to the kop around 11:30 and had to queue around 15 mins at entrance E.  the NFC QR code worked no problem on my iPhone. The concourses were mobbed and gave up trying to get a drink (coke) to take to my seat and felt like you were in a sauna.  Same at half time - walked down to get a drink, saw huge queues and turned around.  Crap experience and shows how poor the concourses are.  The clubs losing a fortune in lost sales and the business case for extending the kop backwards to improve facilities is definitely there
Proudest ever moment was in the Ataturk stadium - i'm sure the wife will understand!

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: August 22, 2021, 10:47:17 pm »
The club have missed you too dazer  ;D

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: August 23, 2021, 01:06:48 am »
stadium WiFi doesn't work in most seats, 4G non existent in the ground most of the time and doesn't work until you reach the Derry club after the game. It's quite funny cause it always comes back online around the same spot and I have no idea why

yeah, tbf I am on 3 network which stops working if there's more than 5 customers in a 5 mile radius
YNWA.

Offline TeddyTime33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: August 23, 2021, 01:33:57 am »
Got to the kop around 11:30 and had to queue around 15 mins at entrance E.  the NFC QR code worked no problem on my iPhone. The concourses were mobbed and gave up trying to get a drink (coke) to take to my seat and felt like you were in a sauna.  Same at half time - walked down to get a drink, saw huge queues and turned around.  Crap experience and shows how poor the concourses are.  The clubs losing a fortune in lost sales and the business case for extending the kop backwards to improve facilities is definitely there
the concourses in the other 3 stands other than the main stand are absolutely horrific and not fit for purpose, the only reason I bother with them is to go to the toilet or use the WiFi at halftime, tragic

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #106 on: August 23, 2021, 10:43:00 am »
When you pay using Apple/Google Pay in a Tesco it takes a millisecond to recognise and process the NFC, but the readers on the turnstiles take, in my experience, 4 or 5 seconds. Multiply that by 1000 people and it adds up. It'll also throw those not used to it, who might remove it too soon or give it a shake.

The food and drink situation was a disgrace. Warm cans of crap lager you wait half an hour for? It's been closed for 18 months, just bloody rip the old, crap bars out and stick some of those 4x4 filling machines in. How hard is it?
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Online Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: August 23, 2021, 10:58:54 am »
When you pay using Apple/Google Pay in a Tesco it takes a millisecond to recognise and process the NFC, but the readers on the turnstiles take, in my experience, 4 or 5 seconds. Multiply that by 1000 people and it adds up. It'll also throw those not used to it, who might remove it too soon or give it a shake.

This is exactly the issues and why queues will soon build, there's no indication as to how long to hold to the reader for.

As you say it's done in a flash when you're paying for stuff elsewhere, so if people are expecting this then it's no wonder people move their phones away too quickly, scanning the barcode takes just as long, so you add in a failed NFC attempt then switch to the barcode, it quickly becomes more than a minute a person. This then obviously exacerbates the queue

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: August 23, 2021, 11:03:21 am »
That sounds more like their stupidity to me in terms of moving it away too early

Why would you move it away before you have heard a beep or seen it flash green?

Online Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: August 23, 2021, 11:09:38 am »
That sounds more like their stupidity to me in terms of moving it away too early

Why would you move it away before you have heard a beep or seen it flash green?

So a bit like the club's stance, all fans who don't get in first time with their NFC are automatically stupid. How long are they meant to wait 10 seconds, 20 seconds, a minute? All with a queue of people behind you waiting to get in?

Why would you not expect this NFC to work like all others do and recognise the NFC ticket instantly, just like it does when you pay with your credit card, not waiting ages to get some sort of indication

Offline Oh Campione

• Anny Roader
« Reply #110 on: August 23, 2021, 11:10:31 am »
Arrived at 11:45 - in straight away through Gate A, NFC worked fine on my iPhone 11

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #111 on: August 23, 2021, 11:21:25 am »
I get the impression a lot of the staff behind the bars might be new. Understandable as there's been no work for the last year and a half so unless they were paid or furloughed, many may have left for new jobs. It can be tough when you first start in a fast paced workplace like that so hopefully we'll see things speed up a bit in the next few games.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: August 23, 2021, 11:58:52 am »
I get the impression a lot of the staff behind the bars might be new. Understandable as there's been no work for the last year and a half so unless they were paid or furloughed, many may have left for new jobs. It can be tough when you first start in a fast paced workplace like that so hopefully we'll see things speed up a bit in the next few games.

When I did it we were all casual staff and can't imagine that's changed.

Pouring cans when you're new takes forever cos you're paranoid about fucking it up so go easy on them.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: August 23, 2021, 01:37:09 pm »
So a bit like the club's stance, all fans who don't get in first time with their NFC are automatically stupid. How long are they meant to wait 10 seconds, 20 seconds, a minute? All with a queue of people behind you waiting to get in?

Why would you not expect this NFC to work like all others do and recognise the NFC ticket instantly, just like it does when you pay with your credit card, not waiting ages to get some sort of indication

It’s worked after 2 seconds 3 times now for me. Not barcode either, NFC. Straight in 3 times.

2 different turnstiles as well including the notorious turnstile B. I honesty don’t know why it isnt the same for everyone, I’d have to see what they were doing

Online Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: August 23, 2021, 01:42:18 pm »
It’s worked after 2 seconds 3 times now for me. Not barcode either, NFC. Straight in 3 times.

2 different turnstiles as well including the notorious turnstile B. I honesty don’t know why it isnt the same for everyone, I’d have to see what they were doing

I use NFC for payments virtually every time I'm out and it didn't work for me, or for the 20 or so that I could see that were in front of me at F, every single person had to switch to barcodes, and that was a range of ages of people, not just those who may be confused by the tech.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: August 23, 2021, 01:55:34 pm »
I use NFC for payments virtually every time I'm out and it didn't work for me, or for the 20 or so that I could see that were in front of me at F, every single person had to switch to barcodes, and that was a range of ages of people, not just those who may be confused by the tech.

My phone doesn't work for payments in Tesco, but it works for payments in the pub, so at least it knows the priorities  :D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
« Reply #116 on: August 23, 2021, 01:59:28 pm »
my ticket says update yesterday but still showing burnley game

Online Tiz Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: August 23, 2021, 02:00:27 pm »
My phone doesn't work for payments in Tesco, but it works for payments in the pub, so at least it knows the priorities  :D

:hally :hally :hally

Offline freelions76

• Boys Pen
« Reply #118 on: August 23, 2021, 03:44:11 pm »
Attending for the first time this season on Saturday, going to get there early reading all of the above! Downloaded everything to our iPhones (mine is a 6 and my wife's an SE), in our wallets both show our members cards with the game but on my phone I have a QR code where as my wife's doesn't, it just say's "Hold Near Reader". Anyone advise as to why they're not both the same and if this is an indication of a problem and a queue at the ticket office, thanks a lot. YNWA.

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: August 23, 2021, 03:46:42 pm »
Attending for the first time this season on Saturday, going to get there early reading all of the above! Downloaded everything to our iPhones (mine is a 6 and my wife's an SE), in our wallets both show our members cards with the game but on my phone I have a QR code where as my wife's doesn't, it just say's "Hold Near Reader". Anyone advise as to why they're not both the same and if this is an indication of a problem and a queue at the ticket office, thanks a lot. YNWA.

The QR code shows when you click the three dots top right on the membership ticket. You've obviously done that and your wife hasn't.