Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1761155 times)

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Reply #13080 on: October 3, 2022, 10:53:28 am »
How fucking dare you…describe me so accurately.

Takes one to know one

Offline jaymc

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13081 on: October 3, 2022, 10:57:57 am »
I dont go anymore, but still follow us and like to read here. Im not old enough to know what its like in the 60/70/80/90s. Only started going aound age 18 2002 when i started earning myself. It was always poor for most league games through the Houllier onwards era (when i attended from), seemed to be more tourist type fans for league games even then, cup games midweeks and certain league games ok. Just seemed to get worse after 2005 more and more tourist fans, the club capitalizing on it more and more.

I remember going to games like Ipswich in midweek in the league cup there was only about 25 thousand there, but it was just after dudek had dropped the ball through his legs against united at the weekend. Remember the kop chanting dudeks name most of the game in support, it wasnt St.Etienne or chelsea 2005 but it was ok (in my memory at least) despite being only 25 thousand. Nowadays thatd sell out to 52000 all watching through their phones.

You need younger fans and groups of friends to be able to go affordably and easily together, but its not gonna happen as the premier league is the pinnacle of capitalism and profit and were right up there with the worst of it. I dont know what's it's like now but even then a kid couldn't go and buy a kids ticket for a league game you had to buy some bullshit adult child ticket. We dont have a culture anymore of kids been able to get to the match with their mates, but we have a never-ending stream of tourists from all over who'll come for that one game so the club don't care.

I stopped going around 2013. One the of the derbys then was in the anfield road end by the everton fans and tried to get some chanting going back at them and most the people around me started filming/watching me rather than joining in. Just thought whats this all about. Must be worse now with better phones, social media etc. Some of that was around changing circumstances and not being able to afford it any longer, but a lot was about not wanting to break the bank to sit in silence in a single seat away from mates and watch people take selfies etc.

I feel like the arse needs to fall out of it all before things will go better. You dont want it to be like some aspects of the 80s hooliganism etc but its a load of shite now lets be honest
« Last Edit: October 3, 2022, 11:00:07 am by jaymc »

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #13082 on: October 3, 2022, 11:04:29 am »
As an e
Go back to 1978 with The Road End. Ram the south side full of 14-21yr olds like it was in the days of old.  Different generation but we really need 3000 up and at it young Scousers next to the away fans.

As an ex Road Ender from that actual era I would love to see that return. But the club is far to interested in the tourist pound/euro/dollar to be concerned about atmosphere.

And as for the extra 5000 seats they will know exactly the type of person they intend to be sitting in them, and it won't be some young scally from inner city Liverpool.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #13083 on: October 3, 2022, 12:35:04 pm »
My 5G and 4G still doesn’t work there ;D

Ha, same, I can barely even get a phone signal once I hit Stanley Park!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #13084 on: October 3, 2022, 12:35:34 pm »
Ultras sections do create noise but having been to a couple of Celtic Saturday 3pm kickoffs, the atmosphere is no different to ours. I have been above the green brigade section both times and yes they sing all game and beat a drum, but no-one else joins in. I was also handed a song sheet going in once for a new song they were trying to learn which maybe isn't a terrible idea.
YNWA

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13085 on: October 3, 2022, 12:57:38 pm »
Now there’s a way of putting it.  Might be different further down the pyramid, but that’s what this league is now.  Kind of amazed any kids are into football sometimes, if this is what it was like back in the day there’s no way we’d all have got hooked on it.  Makes me wonder what the average age on rawk is, actually.

Between 25-44 according to the latest census

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=279507.0

Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13086 on: October 3, 2022, 01:00:42 pm »
Lifetime ban more like… along with a ban for adults dressed head to toe in replica merchandise who look like they’ve never been a match in their life! These are the people ruining everything

I agree. Ban the sale of merchandise to match going fans. In fact, just ban the sale of merchandise altogether. Don't sell anything. Lets see our revenues take a tumble, can't afford to pay any player a premier league wage and head down to the 1st division. Splendid idea.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #13087 on: October 3, 2022, 02:24:43 pm »
Between 25-44 according to the latest census

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=279507.0
Probably not fair to use an old-style messageboard as a metric anyway, when kids these days will all be doing their thing on their Google Pluses and their MySpaces instead.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13088 on: October 3, 2022, 03:08:55 pm »
Lifetime ban more like… along with a ban for adults dressed head to toe in replica merchandise who look like they’ve never been a match in their life! These are the people ruining everything

what do people who look like they've been to a match look like to you exactly? wearing monitrex and looking miserable for 70 out of the 90 minutes? who cares what people wear as long as they're not being a knob.

people sitting there judging other people are only exacerbating the problems.
YNWA.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13089 on: October 3, 2022, 03:11:48 pm »
Never get the hate towards those who wear a replica top. What would you rather - A stadium of red and white. Or a stadium of black North face ?

I personally don't wear a replica top, but always have a red polo or other red top on.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13090 on: October 3, 2022, 03:15:48 pm »
Never get the hate towards those who wear a replica top. What would you rather - A stadium of red and white. Or a stadium of black North face ?

I personally don't wear a replica top, but always have a red polo or other red top on.

If you aren't wearing the same Montirex t-shirt as 10000 other people then you aren't a real fan and shouldn't be at the game.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #13091 on: October 3, 2022, 03:19:25 pm »
If you aren't wearing the same Montirex t-shirt as 10000 other people then you aren't a real fan and shouldn't be at the game.
don't forget nike 110s
YNWA

Offline Roughie Scouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #13092 on: October 3, 2022, 05:05:45 pm »

Me neither. I dont wear a replica but couldnt care less if others do. I also like to see the Kop a sea of scarfs but hardly anyone takes a scarf now.
"There are places I'll remember all my life"  The Beatles,  ISTANBUL 2005

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13093 on: October 3, 2022, 05:41:38 pm »
https://twitter.com/Football__Tweet/status/1576887615475044353?t=_0tOO6yiW2mi_vjUj6-s0Q&s=19

Little video of the Arsenal end after they scored against Spurs. I know it's a derby but you very very rarely see celebrations like that at Anfield. How has the Emirates become better than us?

I'll answer my own question there, remarkably young looking crowd in that video. All of whom actually seem interested in football and not a day out for the gram. Easier to get tickets with your mates in a bigger stadium with slightly less demand?
« Last Edit: October 3, 2022, 05:43:20 pm by alonsoisared »

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13094 on: October 3, 2022, 05:43:00 pm »
https://twitter.com/Football__Tweet/status/1576887615475044353?t=_0tOO6yiW2mi_vjUj6-s0Q&s=19

Little video of the Arsenal end after they scored against Spurs. I know it's a derby but you very very rarely see celebrations like that at Anfield. How has the Emirates become better than us?
Happens a lot in the Kop. Was like it in the Main Stand after Newcastle.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13095 on: October 3, 2022, 07:32:29 pm »
Hate it when people say ‘limbs’. It’s as fake as anything at times and a competition to fall over.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13096 on: October 3, 2022, 07:36:50 pm »
Now there’s a way of putting it.  Might be different further down the pyramid, but that’s what this league is now.  Kind of amazed any kids are into football sometimes, if this is what it was like back in the day there’s no way we’d all have got hooked on it.  Makes me wonder what the average age on rawk is, actually.

I don’t think some are as much are they?

You’ve reminded me of a night game when I felt some real guilt for want of a better word.
I was walking to the stadium and went past some young local lads with a ball who said something polite like enjoy the game. Just felt like a knobhead. £37 on a ticket is nothing to me and those 3 could only dream of going. It just didn’t feel right. I felt guilty in a way.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #13097 on: October 3, 2022, 08:33:27 pm »
Hate it when people say ‘limbs’. It’s as fake as anything at times and a competition to fall over.

God yeah, it's proper cringe.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #13098 on: October 3, 2022, 08:36:11 pm »
New anfield road upper tier would be perfect and it would give the kop something to bounce off, someone should put this to the club.
If rumours on the number of ST's released are true, I'll be one of them belting them out in there.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline jonnypb

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT97
« Reply #13099 on: October 4, 2022, 10:04:11 am »
If the atmosphere isn't good against these flag shaggers tonight then I give up hope for the rest of the season, everyone should be up for this.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13100 on: October 4, 2022, 10:58:45 am »
Ultras sections do create noise but having been to a couple of Celtic Saturday 3pm kickoffs, the atmosphere is no different to ours. I have been above the green brigade section both times and yes they sing all game and beat a drum, but no-one else joins in. I was also handed a song sheet going in once for a new song they were trying to learn which maybe isn't a terrible idea.

Be arsed listening to that all match. I'd rather watch Hibs.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13101 on: October 4, 2022, 11:04:53 am »
If the atmosphere isn't good against these flag shaggers tonight then I give up hope for the rest of the season, everyone should be up for this.

Well going off Twitter, there’s going to be a lot of them in and amongst us over the ground.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #13102 on: October 4, 2022, 12:42:07 pm »
Girl I know from the gym down here is excited for her next trip to Anfield (I think she maybe goes once or twice a season max)

Was gobsmacked when I heard she paid like £120 for a ticket off a resale website for the league cup match against Derby. Granted money is no object for her but fuck me.

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #13103 on: October 4, 2022, 03:29:40 pm »
Well going off Twitter, there’s going to be a lot of them in and amongst us over the ground.

If the club was arsed, this would be a perfect opportunity to pick off a few touts. If any Rangers fans ‘out’ themselves tonight, wouldn’t be hard to find their seat and who the ticket belongs to.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #13104 on: October 4, 2022, 04:14:56 pm »

I'd settle for no trouble and 3 points to be honest.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13105 on: October 4, 2022, 04:30:42 pm »
If the club was arsed, this would be a perfect opportunity to pick off a few touts. If any Rangers fans ‘out’ themselves tonight, wouldn’t be hard to find their seat and who the ticket belongs to.

Most of U1 and U9 and large parts of the Anny Road South.  Won’t be too difficult.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #13106 on: October 4, 2022, 04:44:29 pm »
These c*nts doing a tifo in the away end.
YNWA

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #13107 on: October 4, 2022, 04:50:34 pm »
Be arsed listening to that all match. I'd rather watch Hibs.

Yeah no drum, can you imagine. I couldn’t bare that at anfield.

Tonight, they need to turn down the volume of the music over the tannoy so we can get something started. I can’t hear myself think before a game and the same songs drive me up the wall.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13108 on: October 4, 2022, 04:53:00 pm »

Not exactly a pleasant lot either. It's like Millwall on tour.

Offline SouthDerryLaggo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Enjoy these times
« Reply #13109 on: October 4, 2022, 04:55:24 pm »
Is the craic true about laminating the sun front pages and firing them round town?
https://twitter.com/kititout1/status/1577316371754516481?s=46&t=cphoqpyer1IOeXsc-35aMg
« Last Edit: October 4, 2022, 04:58:43 pm by SouthDerryLaggo »
YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #13110 on: October 4, 2022, 04:55:41 pm »
Is there any word on whether it was these or the local blueshite that ruined the Klopp, TAA and Henderson murals overnight?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13111 on: October 4, 2022, 06:06:21 pm »

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13112 on: October 4, 2022, 06:07:38 pm »
Is there any word on whether it was these or the local blueshite that ruined the Klopp, TAA and Henderson murals overnight?

Don't know (suggestion it was Rangers). There was a lot of them in town last night.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #13113 on: October 4, 2022, 06:09:59 pm »
Why is anyone thinking it was the Ranger fans, when the Blueshite have history for it?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13114 on: October 4, 2022, 06:10:48 pm »
Don't know (suggestion it was Rangers). There was a lot of them in town last night.

Fans on their forum disgusted by it and blaming Everton as they have previous for it. Hard to disagree to be honest.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #13115 on: October 4, 2022, 06:16:21 pm »
Fans on their forum disgusted by it and blaming Everton as they have previous for it. Hard to disagree to be honest.

Some blue shite scallies probably combined their brain cells, figured Rangers would get the blame as they wear blue too, so went and defaced the murals.
« Last Edit: October 4, 2022, 06:19:01 pm by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Boston always unofficial

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13116 on: October 4, 2022, 06:33:52 pm »
Why is anyone thinking it was the Ranger fans, when the Blueshite have history for it?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #13117 on: October 4, 2022, 06:36:12 pm »
My money's on the Bitters. I don't see why any Rangers would do it. It's just that earlier on I heard a few (not on here) pinning it on Rangers fans.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #13118 on: October 4, 2022, 06:39:48 pm »
My money's on the Bitters. I don't see why any Rangers would do it. It's just that earlier on I heard a few (not on here) pinning it on Rangers fans.

Where my money is as well, they could do it knowing that the blame would be put elsewhere.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13119 on: October 4, 2022, 09:52:42 pm »
He doesn't need to be everywhere to be our playmaker. He can be on the touchline and do miraculous things with the football.