Author Topic: Big Brother 2023  (Read 515 times)

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
Big Brother 2023
« on: October 9, 2023, 08:18:19 am »
I'm actually surprised there isn't a thread for this already! I can't be the only loser that was well up for this?

Im 37 so series 1 and 5 were peak tv for me! I stopped watching after that. It became something different. People overall playing up to the camera, wanna be models etc trying to get in the spotlight. Utter trash.

I had read that the producers of the new season had gone back to the original roots, so last night I was pleasantly surprised with the new 16(!) housemates.

A great mix of people and I think this could be a good series.

I must admit, I have a lot less time on my hands than I did in my teens, and with my first child due next month, fuck knows if I'll keep up to it!
"Salahs in here......"

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Re: Big Brother 2023
« Reply #1 on: October 9, 2023, 08:27:01 am »
I hope you enjoy it but I just can’t find any interest whatsoever. I vaguely watched the series at its “peak”, in the mid to late 00s when it could be interesting, funny, entertaining, or of course dull depending on the plot lines that developed and the housemates. But as you say it became stale and increasingly contrived as the celebrity culture caught up with it.

It just doesn’t feel necessary or novel any more. With social media you can choose to be watched 24/7 by hundreds / thousands / millions of people from the comfort of your own home, you don’t need to go on TV to do it.

Online Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #2 on: October 9, 2023, 10:43:30 pm »
Just watching the entry show now, that Tory knobhead Henry looks like a right bellend
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2023, 11:04:51 am »
I'm actually surprised there isn't a thread for this already! I can't be the only loser that was well up for this?

Im 37 so series 1 and 5 were peak tv for me! I stopped watching after that. It became something different. People overall playing up to the camera, wanna be models etc trying to get in the spotlight. Utter trash.

I had read that the producers of the new season had gone back to the original roots, so last night I was pleasantly surprised with the new 16(!) housemates.

A great mix of people and I think this could be a good series.

I must admit, I have a lot less time on my hands than I did in my teens, and with my first child due next month, fuck knows if I'll keep up to it!

I'm actually surprised it's still being made and people watch it.

Probably the catalist for TV ("reality") turning to shit. Making nobodies out of nobodies.

I've got mates who are involved in the likes of MAFS, Love Island, The Batchelor/Bachelorette and it's all bullshit. The creative element is in the producers/directors/editors cutting a splicing footage into a 'show".
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline 51cam

• Because 5 + 1 = 7 ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2023, 11:56:04 am »
Yeah, 36 and tuning in to see if it recaptures the original vibe. Watched the first three episodes yesterday. Must say, I expected it to be a load of influencer types which I couldn't do. I've never watched an episode of Love Island and have no plans to. But this is an interesting mix. We'll see how long before it falls off. It was a beast of a show back in the day so will be interesting if how it works in the social media age.

Yinrun looking like a winner, even after a few days.