Author Topic: Netflix series - Dark  (Read 9522 times)

Offline Spongebob Redpants

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Netflix series - Dark
« on: June 13, 2019, 02:13:08 pm »

Second series of this starts 21st June ( Friday ).

Wasn't sure if this was going to simply disappear like the French series Les Revenants .
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Netflix series - Dark
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2019, 02:37:01 pm »
I tried watching season 1 of this but only made it about 4 episodes. If I am recalling the right series, it was the dubbing that killed it for me. I won't say the plot made no sense, since I didn't finish it, but the jury was out for me at that point anyway.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2019, 03:05:10 pm »
It was a brilliant show that, i will be watching season 2 over 2-3 nights.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2019, 04:13:43 pm »
I tried watching season 1 of this but only made it about 4 episodes. If I am recalling the right series, it was the dubbing that killed it for me. I won't say the plot made no sense, since I didn't finish it, but the jury was out for me at that point anyway.

I'd give it another go mate , but with subtitles rather than dubbed .
Before you criticise a man, walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you do criticise him, you're a mile away and you have his shoes.

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2019, 04:15:36 pm »
It was a brilliant show that, i will be watching season 2 over 2-3 nights.

It was .

How can your head survive that kind of mental mashing if you binge it . Then again , possiby easier to follow doing it that way .

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 06:17:22 pm »
Glad this is back, first season was boss
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2019, 06:41:06 pm »
Really enjoyed the first series so looking forward to this one. It felt like Stranger Things (which I did enjoy) but with much more substance past retro-80's nostalgia.

Definitely try it with subtitles. I don't know why Netflix have it set to dubbing as the standard. But it is easy enough to switch to subtitles.

Offline Sahara

• Kopite
  • 8 Dimensional
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2019, 08:05:33 pm »
Hopefully first season will be closely matched by the follow-up
★              ★              ★              ★              ★             ★ 

Offline JoeCole

• Spoiler!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2019, 08:25:48 pm »
Best show on TV, can't wait.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2019, 08:29:27 pm »
Very excited for this, thought the first season was excellent
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2019, 10:15:50 pm »
Brilliant show

The first season was fantastic, really interesting watch and the story unfolds so well throughout. Look forward to the new season

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2019, 02:55:44 pm »
Yeeeeeree haaaaa! So glad the 2nd series is here  8)  I will start watching it later.

Loved the first series, brilliant show. 

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2019, 11:55:50 am »

Watched the 1st episode of the 2nd series last night .

Ha - was lost though a good chunk of it , so will have to find a season 1 recap somewhere if it exists ! Alternatively will watch season 1 again.

Still enjoyed it even though I didn't know what the fuck was going on ! ;D

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2019, 11:58:48 am »
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 12:04:57 pm by Spongebob Redpants »

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2019, 06:10:00 pm »
Just binged the second season on one day.

It's still gripping as ever, and allows me to practice my German. But as with the first season, the ending seems a bit hollow...

Spoiler
maybe it's on purpose, to have a cliffhanger before the final season, but both endings, I feel, don't really resolve anything at all. And it irks me that for all intents and purposes it seems they're all still being played like a damn fiddle by father time.

I will say maybe I'm being a complaining c*nt and will have to see if the third season evens it all out, cause it sure could, but I'm burned of previously hoping season 8 of GOT fixed season 7..
[close]
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 06:11:42 pm by The 1989 Brit Awards »

Offline The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2019, 08:48:01 pm »
Have to say though, the actors are pretty much all top notch, especially the guy that plays old Egon Tiedemann.

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2019, 09:48:13 am »
Thought season 2 was brilliant...even though most of time I lost when/who everyone was...not to be watched whilst drinking...up there with Chernobyl as best TV of year

Online FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2019, 09:51:10 am »
Watched the 1st episode of the 2nd series last night .

Ha - was lost though a good chunk of it , so will have to find a season 1 recap somewhere if it exists ! Alternatively will watch season 1 again.

Still enjoyed it even though I didn't know what the fuck was going on ! ;D

Wouldn't have done any harm to put year up on screen for each year change

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2019, 10:29:23 am »
It's series not season
It's telly program not show

If you're American then fine but if you're Scouse/English fuck the Americanisms off, shite language that's creeped into our culture, wank ;D

Binged watched them, thought it was very good but will probably have to watch most of them again on a night when I'm not on the ale

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2019, 02:34:32 pm »
It's series not season

If you're American then fine but if you're Scouse/English fuck the Americanisms off, shite language that's creeped into our culture, wank ;D

Take a chill pill yer big tart ( or should that be gal ?)  :wave

Binged watched them, thought it was very good but will probably have to watch most of them again on a night when I'm not on the ale

I'm starting again from scratch !

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2019, 02:52:29 pm »
Tried to watch this on holiday but found it really hard going. Having read the comments on here though I will try again :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online FlashingBlade

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2019, 04:09:33 pm »
It's series not season

I agree to a point but it's also a generation thing...the kids are saying season...I vary between the two depending on the random choices of my brain

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2019, 04:17:49 pm »
It's series not season

Wouldn't that be programme to us?  ;)

Offline Geppvindh's

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2019, 07:48:07 am »
This is fantastic, mind-bending show. Great acting all round, fantastic writing and the narrator's voice is just perfect.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2019, 12:35:58 am »
Clicked on the first ep of season 2, watched the little season 1 recap and instantly remembered just how much happens in it and how many characters were involved and instantly switched off :lmao

Definitely need to watch/read a proper recap before starting season 2. On a positive note, watching that short video reminded me just how gripping the first season was

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: June 27, 2019, 08:13:37 pm »
Well I have to say after binging Series 2 over the last week that this show is going to go down in my top 5 shows of all time.

I remember Series 1 being excellent and really being invested in it then I forgot about it for a while until I heard Series 2 was being released last week. I think Series 2 might even surpass the first one which is no mean feat.

Spoiler
We are getting a Series 3 and it will be the final one which I'm glad about as a show with this many layers could get out of hand if not wrapped up before too long. There's still so much to discover as well - I mean Adam is a big mystery. If we believe he is future Jonas then how does he become so utterly different?

Noah is still a mystery - why was he recruited by Adam (Jonas)? And why is he killed by his sister?

The Martha who came in at the very end implied she's from a different world which now opens up a multiverse possibility with characters being able to jump through worlds. This could explain Adam - he is Jonas but not the Jonas that would grow up in the world we've been seeing.

It can give you a bit of a headache if you try and keep track of it all but I can't remember a show with such enormous depth and it never seems to let you down or give a cop out.
[close]
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: July 2, 2019, 04:34:55 pm »
Just started watching this.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: July 3, 2019, 09:46:46 am »
Can't believe more haven't seen this. Absolutely brilliant show. In the wrong hands such a convoluted plot would fall flat, but this is just so well put together.

Still got 3 episodes left, but so far season 2 definitely isn't a disappointment either. For me, one of the best sci-fi shows ever.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: July 3, 2019, 09:50:51 am »
Clicked on the first ep of season 2, watched the little season 1 recap and instantly remembered just how much happens in it and how many characters were involved and instantly switched off :lmao

Definitely need to watch/read a proper recap before starting season 2. On a positive note, watching that short video reminded me just how gripping the first season was

I'm only getting through the new episodes now because I was in a similar situation to you - tried to start season 2 with only a recap to remind me of the plot and realised it wasn't going to cut it. Instead watched the whole of season 1 again and I'm very glad I did - both because I'd be lost without it and because it was pretty much as good on repeat viewing.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: July 3, 2019, 10:01:49 am »
It's series not season

I really do hate the Americanisms creeping in myself, but I realise I'm absolutely guilty of it myself on this thread sadly.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: July 3, 2019, 10:31:29 am »
Season one episode five. Didn't see that coming :o

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: July 3, 2019, 11:53:17 am »
decided i'm gonna have to rewatch season 1 to continue with this. if there's a show that deserves, and needs, a rewatch, it's this
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: July 3, 2019, 12:01:56 pm »
Spoiler for end of season 2:

Spoiler
Are we to assume that other-timeline Martha comes to save young Jonas every time? I'm not sure how else he survives the explosion. And he has to survive because otherwise he doesn't grow to become middle-aged Jonas or old-aged Adam.
[close]
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: July 3, 2019, 06:45:36 pm »
Spoiler for end of season 2:

Spoiler
Are we to assume that other-timeline Martha comes to save young Jonas every time? I'm not sure how else he survives the explosion. And he has to survive because otherwise he doesn't grow to become middle-aged Jonas or old-aged Adam.
[close]

Spoiler
Yes that would be the only explanation - he could grow to middle aged Jonas in a different world before coming back to that world.

There's all sorts of theories as to whether Adam is actually Jonas or not. Some theories I saw:

1) Adam is old Jonas but from a different dimension (same as the Martha that saved Jonas wasn't from the timeline and place we have known)

2) Adam is old Barthoz (Not sure on this one - seems unlikely as in Episode 1 of Series 2 we saw what was most likely an older Barthoz being hacked to death by young Noah)

3) Adam is really old Mikkel/Michael (This seems a crazy theory but who knows with this show! It could only work if young Mikkel doesn't travel back in time in 2019 after Michael/old Mikkel kills himself and instead in one time loop travels somewhere else to grow old into Adam? Now my brain hurts)

That's the great thing about this show. Almost anything is possible.

I'm not convinced we know exactly how many Jonas's are floating about.

I'm intrigued to find out who the girl from the future (1952) is as well - lots of people think she's the child of Jonas and Martha.
[close]
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: July 3, 2019, 11:30:18 pm »
I’m going to have to re-watch series 1 before starting this series.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: July 4, 2019, 09:53:55 am »
Started to watch S2 last night and switched it off after ten minutes. Will need to either read a thorough recap or re-watch S1.

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: July 4, 2019, 11:29:47 am »

Just working my way through the 1st series again . I hardly ever rewatch anything I've seen before , but glad I am .

I'm enjoying the rewatch and suprised at some of the things I'd forgotten about .

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: July 4, 2019, 01:30:29 pm »
Shit that was good. When's season three on?

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: July 8, 2019, 07:45:34 pm »
Started to watch S2 last night and switched it off after ten minutes. Will need to either read a thorough recap or re-watch S1.

I did that with season 1. I watched a few episodes, when I saw where the show was heading I had to rewatch those episodes in order to get all the characters names sorted out in my head. That reveal near the end of season 2 :o
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

• Is a spingly spangly
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: July 9, 2019, 11:21:15 am »

Got to the last episode of series 1 again . Just as good the 2nd time around , and caught a fair bit of stuff I missed the first time around .

No idea how anyone can watch the 2nd series if they've not seen the 1st series since it was originally shown ! Amazed how much I'd forgotten .