Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3279094 times)

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
Re: United - Ole Gunnar Solskjaer - 2018-21: Good Night Sweet Prince
« Reply #27160 on: November 25, 2021, 05:32:21 pm »
Imagine Maguire having to play in a really high back line  ;D ;D
Lindelof is slower than mud as well. The fundaemntal problem with that United team is it's trash where it counts, namely in hard running midfielders, tough, quick CBs, and skilled, greyhound-like FBs. That's the foundation for modern sides. They have a one trick pony up front, plodders in the middle and dad's army at the back. Making them run more will only expose them even more. Playing a highline would be suicidal. And there is no young bucks coming through to build the team around. They invested all their time and money assembling attacking superstars and forget about the foundation of the side.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27161 on: November 25, 2021, 05:32:24 pm »
None of their frontline or midfield bar Sancho is ready for Gegenpressing.  Cristiano will ask for a transfer ASAP. ;D

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #27162 on: November 25, 2021, 05:33:42 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ7zEahtgpA

Just need to get yerselves a Mane, a Firmino and a Salah and yer all set.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #27163 on: November 25, 2021, 05:34:30 pm »

Not to forget a VVD, Robertson, TAA and Henderson.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27164 on: November 25, 2021, 05:37:14 pm »
Not to forget a VVD, Robertson, TAA and Henderson.

An Alisson, a Fabinho and a Thiago might help too  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27165 on: November 25, 2021, 05:37:43 pm »
De Gea playing behind a high line  ;D

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #27166 on: November 25, 2021, 05:37:48 pm »
Skiing in the Alps was amazing lads and Cantona sends his regards. Warms me heart to see I was missed.

Dare I say, we're back?  8)

Are we getting enough joy from Pogba running down his contract again AND being on paper the midfielder they so desperately need, while in reality having such a poor commitment and professionalism to be unplayable in midfield?  Because it’s fun. I enjoy McFred having another year but even funnier is the way Pogba’s ghost is cluttering things up for at least another season.

My version of drinking Scott Malkinsons tears is checking redcafe where two circular conversations are prevalent

1. Ole- he’s not that bad. He’s pretty good!  No, I don’t remember qualifying from our champions league group but hey, 2nd, we pushed them all the way, and we’ll be there or thereabouts come May

2. Pogba- the only puzzle piece missing is a superstar midfielder. One who can create while also controlling a match. Ideally this player would be committed to the club beyond the end of …this sentence, and show basic professionalism. So Pogba at LW and new signing needed and we are sorted yea

This aged well. We back 8)

That aged well, as will this new quote
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #27167 on: November 25, 2021, 05:39:29 pm »
Imagine Maguire having to play in a really high back line  ;D ;D
It could work.

Even when his body is near the halfway line, his head is still in defence.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline CalgarianRed

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #27168 on: November 25, 2021, 05:42:00 pm »
Its a bizarre choice IMO. Nothing to fear this season as they simply don't have a squad for his tactics. And it takes way longer and new personnel to change a style of play as we saw ourselves.

They will finish 5 or lower as I expect Conte to drive Spurs into top 4.
True North Strong

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27169 on: November 25, 2021, 05:43:11 pm »
Think United fans are forgetting it took Klopp 3 years to turn Liverpool around, a team in 4th-6th at the time, with a slew of players like Henderson and Firmino you could hang your hat on. He also had absolute control over the running of the club and, at a critical venture, managed to sell a player that was brought in for £8 million for £145 m.  If RR managed to wrestle control away from the plebs, get a decent scouting system in place and is given time for an overhaul he could turn United into an incredible team. But that would require a lot going well for fans that have already invaded a stadium when just a little bit dissatisfied.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27170 on: November 25, 2021, 05:44:28 pm »
Is this fella the new messiah then?
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27171 on: November 25, 2021, 05:45:02 pm »
Some of you have barely survived the last 9 years of the mancs being shite heaven knows how you will do now they have someone have competent it seems.  ;D

Pampers are ramping up production of adults nappies and wipes ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27172 on: November 25, 2021, 05:46:34 pm »

You'll be back under your rock before long

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LQiOA7euaYA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LQiOA7euaYA</a>
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #27173 on: November 25, 2021, 05:47:06 pm »
So that's another £500m to spend on the team then or a Norwich scarf job when it inevitably goes wrong!

Good luck getting lazy fuckers like Fernandes, Ronaldo, Pogba and McFred buying into his vision of counter pressing football! :lmao

Offline DonkeyWan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27174 on: November 25, 2021, 05:47:36 pm »
Some of you have barely survived the last 9 years of the mancs being shite heaven knows how you will do now they have someone have competent it seems.  ;D
It's been a lot of fun, but I guess it is coming to an end now.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #27175 on: November 25, 2021, 05:48:41 pm »
Think United fans are forgetting it took Klopp 3 years to turn Liverpool around, a team in 4th-6th at the time, with a slew of players like Henderson and Firmino you could hang your hat on. He also had absolute control over the running of the club and, at a critical venture, managed to sell a player that was brought in for £8 million for £145 m.  If RR managed to wrestle control away from the plebs, get a decent scouting system in place and is given time for an overhaul he could turn United into an incredible team. But that would require a lot going well for fans that have already invaded a stadium when just a little bit dissatisfied.
Not a chance will Ferguson give up his control until he is 6 foot under

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27176 on: November 25, 2021, 05:50:24 pm »
How the hell is he going to get their shite team playing the way he wants!

They are set up to play deep, counter-attacking football.  I would absolutely love to watch them trying to play his way!    ;D

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27177 on: November 25, 2021, 05:55:42 pm »
So slightly peeved by a 5-0 thrashing they have decided to get their own pet German.
It's hilarious.

They were a shambles in the 70s and 80s and brought Ferguson in to copy Liverpool.

Now, they are a shambles once more, and their plan is to, yet again, try to copy Liverpool.

At least Manc musicians never copied any Liverpool bands .... oh, wait ...

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27178 on: November 25, 2021, 05:56:36 pm »
It's hilarious.

They were a shambles in the 70s and 80s and brought Ferguson in to copy Liverpool.

Now, they are a shambles once more, and their plan is to, yet again, try to copy Liverpool.

At least Manc musicians never copied any Liverpool bands .... oh, wait ...

This time though we won't fuck it up like we did back then, so they won't be repeating the Fergie years.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27179 on: November 25, 2021, 05:58:52 pm »
This time though we won't fuck it up like we did back then, so they won't be repeating the Fergie years.
You are right on that one.

That dynasty is dead and it's not coming back.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27180 on: November 25, 2021, 06:02:13 pm »
That way I see it, they’ve even somehow fucked this appointment up.

He’s a strategist not a tactician. So just make him the DOF and he can then cement his position over the course of the season without any of the attendant pressure (fans and media) of actually having to coach their dysfunctional first team of egos, misfits and failures. If the next 3 months don’t go particularly well on that score, he’ll be in a very difficult position and dealing with the likes of Woodward and his social media trending wonks.

Don’t know much about his character but suspect he’s no shrinking violet so will be interesting to see how much freedom he has, especially with the malevolent presence of the hard shoulder shitter still lurking about the place.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #27181 on: November 25, 2021, 06:10:44 pm »
Has anyone used Wreck it Ralph yet?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27182 on: November 25, 2021, 06:13:59 pm »
Apparently Ralf Rangnick invented bratwurst. Taught Klopp and Tuchel how to eat it aswell.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27183 on: November 25, 2021, 06:18:08 pm »
Just heard those 2 Gimps on Sky Sports, saying Rangnick is the best German coach in Football and also the inventor of Pressing Football. ;D

They actually get paid well for this insight.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27184 on: November 25, 2021, 06:19:01 pm »
The English media are making out to be Rangnick to be the best thing since sliced bread.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 06:26:36 pm by Lycan »
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27185 on: November 25, 2021, 06:19:36 pm »
Cristiano Ronaldo
Paul Pogba
Harry Maguire
Edinson Cavani
Raphaël Varane
Jesse Lingard
Fred
Alex Telles
Phil Jones
Juan Mata
Nemanja Matić
Victor Lindelöf

All of these players are turning 30 or are past 30 next season. Exactly how much gegenpressing do you think they will be able to do? Tis a young man's game, they are a bit long in the tooth to be learning to press for 90 mins 40-50 games a season.

Appreciate the effort you’ve put into compiling that list but you might want to edit the one pretty obvious error in there. You have young Jesse Lingard on that list.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #27186 on: November 25, 2021, 06:20:32 pm »
The English media are making Rangnick to be the best thing since sliced bread.

They could employ Mr Hanky and the media over here would make him out to be the next Messiah.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27187 on: November 25, 2021, 06:24:26 pm »
his managerial CV isn't exactly over-bloody-whelming is it.

Ulm 1846
Regionalliga Süd: 1997–98

VfB Stuttgart
Under 19 Bundesliga: 1990–91
UEFA Intertoto Cup: 2000

Hannover 96
2.Bundesliga: 2001–02

Schalke 04
Bundesliga runner-up: 2004–05
DFB-Pokal: 2010–11; runner-up: 2004–05
DFL-Supercup: 2011
DFL-Ligapokal: 2005

RB Leipzig
DFB-Pokal runner-up: 2019

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27188 on: November 25, 2021, 06:24:30 pm »
So he's a better coach than Klopp and also loves the Disneyland then. Ok.  :D

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27189 on: November 25, 2021, 06:27:04 pm »
They could employ Mr Hanky and the media over here would make him out to be the next Messiah.

So true when it comes to that lot.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline PhiLFC#1

• The Messiah! He rawks amongst us
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27190 on: November 25, 2021, 06:29:50 pm »
I'm worried that they're back guys

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27191 on: November 25, 2021, 06:33:36 pm »
Lads, it’s Tottenham United.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27192 on: November 25, 2021, 06:36:57 pm »
I'm worried that they're back guys
Yep. The corner has been turned. Mancs are posting on RAWK again and Cantona is booking a flight back to Manchester from the Alps as we speak.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Looks like we are back in our box.  :-\

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27193 on: November 25, 2021, 06:40:00 pm »
Yep. The corner has been turned. Mancs are posting on RAWK again and Cantona is booking a flight back to Manchester from the Alps as we speak.

Oh well, it was fun while it lasted. Looks like we are back in our box.  :-\

I'm so traumatised I'm going skiing

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27194 on: November 25, 2021, 06:44:32 pm »
I'm so traumatised I'm going skiing
Any room left in your ski lodge?

I suspect the slopes will be Scouse this season, given the news from OT today.  :-\

Maybe we could rent Cantona's place until they screw up again and Cantona books his flight back to Geneva?

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #27195 on: November 25, 2021, 06:49:00 pm »
Smart move by them considering the situation they’re in at the minimum- at the minimum they’ve got some progressive / modern coaching into their set up and he’ll be a voice for the right kind of manager. Hopefully the still make a mistake in the summer

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #27196 on: November 25, 2021, 06:51:00 pm »
[Van der Vaart] is reported to have said on Ziggo Sport: "I talk about Harry Maguire so much, so I try to avoid him. But he is really s**t. I have said this so often.

"I can't get away from the fact United have paid €90m for him. That's how much he cost! Where did they look for him? You'll find players like him at any amateur club in Holland.

"I think it is unbelievable. He is no top-class defender - and he demonstrates this every week. If you go out and sign players like him, I can understand why you end up having financial problems."
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27197 on: November 25, 2021, 06:52:23 pm »
[Van der Vaart] is reported to have said on Ziggo Sport: "I talk about Harry Maguire so much, so I try to avoid him. But he is really s**t. I have said this so often.

"I can't get away from the fact United have paid €90m for him. That's how much he cost! Where did they look for him? You'll find players like him at any amateur club in Holland.

"I think it is unbelievable. He is no top-class defender - and he demonstrates this every week. If you go out and sign players like him, I can understand why you end up having financial problems."
Brutal, but true.

:lmao

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27198 on: November 25, 2021, 06:54:54 pm »
The mancunians and the cantonas will always come crawling back for more punishment. Absolutely obsessed with liverpool and think their nth manager since the hard shoulder shitter will stop us grabbing more league titles and european cups. Perhaps they’re scared of no longer being able to count our CL titles on one hand when we pick up our next one

Online jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #27199 on: November 25, 2021, 07:01:29 pm »
If they are going to employ a manager next season who is charismatic, willing and able to implement his brand of football next season it's a good appointment. Six months learning the true nature of the squad, appoint the next manager. Spend a year coaching the coach then set about a root and branch overhaul of the playing side of the club. Five years from now United could be a force.

But it's United. He'll fail to get top four, the board will appoint the next big name manager and everything will be going south in 18 months time before the inevitable three years in car crash.

Sit back and enjoy.