Author Topic: Our fantastic away support  (Read 1523423 times)

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: Our fantastic away support
« Reply #9760 on: August 28, 2023, 11:57:24 am »
Really pees me off. There are definitely advantages to away teams when fans are pitch side. And visa versa. So much so, I have just put an FOI to the Premier League to ask for all documents related to the decision to allow Newcastle to continue to flout the rules!  Watch this space.
Same here so nice one and await with interest what info comes back.

For all who went scenes looked mad.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #9761 on: August 28, 2023, 12:21:42 pm »
The reason why we are still stuck up in the gods even though there are guidelines about where away fans are placed, is one of life’s great mysteries.

Darwin had no choice other than to celebrate in front of the polyester clad army.

I suppose it will take a player getting hit by a coin or angry home fan to make them change it :no
“Eddie Howe’s Polyester Army”
:lmao
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son
« Reply #9762 on: August 28, 2023, 12:30:12 pm »
Really pees me off. There are definitely advantages to away teams when fans are pitch side. And visa versa. So much so, I have just put an FOI to the Premier League to ask for all documents related to the decision to allow Newcastle to continue to flout the rules!  Watch this space.

Does FOIA apply to FAPL? It's a limited company?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #9763 on: August 28, 2023, 12:30:50 pm »
...For all who went scenes looked mad.

Going by Chloe Bloxam's video it looks like the travelling Kop enjoyed the winner.  8)

https://twitter.com/ChloeBloxam/status/1696073900453462040?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #9764 on: August 28, 2023, 12:33:44 pm »
Shins, limbs, scenes.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9765 on: August 28, 2023, 12:45:22 pm »
I've mentioned it a few times on here. It's gamemanship and gives them a big advantage. Only thing is for loads of us to write to the FA to get them to change it. It's against the rules. This lot like to think they're passionate with their plastic flags but they'll never be in our league. Whoppers to the left of me, bellends to the right. Stuck up in the Gods with you!
Excellent stuff from everyone in the Gods yesterday. You were briliant.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #9766 on: August 28, 2023, 12:45:36 pm »
Shins, limbs, scenes.

and toes, scenes and toes
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9767 on: August 28, 2023, 12:47:31 pm »

They've been exempt since the rule was brought in citing safety concerns.

They claim that no matter where they propose opposition fans be relocated, there's safety issues that prevent it. No idea why they haven't been given a deadline to sort it out.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9768 on: August 28, 2023, 12:49:36 pm »
“Eddie Howe’s Polyester Army”
:lmao

Those fuckers had replica shirts on when Chopper was still wearing his 3-star jumper

:)

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #9769 on: August 28, 2023, 08:10:25 pm »
They've been exempt since the rule was brought in citing safety concerns.

They claim that no matter where they propose opposition fans be relocated, there's safety issues that prevent it. No idea why they haven't been given a deadline to sort it out.

Home fans often wait for away fans at the bottom. They have Police there but as soon as you go past them to go outside they have jumped away fans before. So if they can't guarantee safety where away fans are now, I don't see why they can't move us. Just so they have an advantage obviously.

We are a team of one half.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #9770 on: August 29, 2023, 10:47:25 am »
and toes, scenes and toes
;D

and cries and cheers (or pies and beers?) and laughs I s’pose…

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9771 on: August 29, 2023, 11:00:47 am »
Home fans often wait for away fans at the bottom. They have Police there but as soon as you go past them to go outside they have jumped away fans before. So if they can't guarantee safety where away fans are now, I don't see why they can't move us. Just so they have an advantage obviously.

We are one good Millwall season away from having to run the gauntlet at the New Den.

That's when I'll be concerned about safety.  No matter where they stick us :)

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #9772 on: August 29, 2023, 12:08:44 pm »
One of the most beautiful sights in football is our fans going apeshit when we score. They don't seem to show as much on the telly these days so the 'Inside...' videos are appreciated for this, especially.
A lovely sight towards the end there.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9773 on: August 29, 2023, 01:01:12 pm »
After the equaliser there was a really loud version of FOAR, you don't hear that often enough nowadays!

Offline driftinwest

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone.
« Reply #9774 on: August 29, 2023, 04:05:05 pm »
Going by Chloe Bloxam's video it looks like the travelling Kop enjoyed the winner.  8)

https://twitter.com/ChloeBloxam/status/1696073900453462040?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

That's brilliant needs to be put up on the Saudis fan page
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #9775 on: August 29, 2023, 04:58:35 pm »
Biblical scenes for both goals, still in bits now, would do it all again in a heartbeat.

What a fucking football club.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Online Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #9776 on: August 29, 2023, 05:47:02 pm »
Biblical scenes for both goals
Old Testament or New? Show me which Book you mean. I must read the fucker. 
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Red Ol

• 82 years in this crazy world and still plays with Lego
  • Legacy Fan
  • Children of the night. What music they make.
« Reply #9777 on: August 29, 2023, 06:13:23 pm »

It’s the bit where the meek get told about their inheritance and end up doing a conga around the mount
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9778 on: August 29, 2023, 06:56:57 pm »
It’s the bit where the meek get told about their inheritance and end up doing a conga around the mount

Or the bit where 'God created Light.'

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #9779 on: August 30, 2023, 08:42:50 am »

“Darwin at the battle of St James Park
And the fans came tumbling down “
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9780 on: August 30, 2023, 09:02:55 am »

Darwin had no choice other than to celebrate in front of the polyester clad army.

It's a surprise Darwin hasn't been charged by The FA for inciting the opposition fans  ::)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #9781 on: August 30, 2023, 09:05:13 am »
It's a surprise Darwin hasn't been charged by The FA for inciting the opposition fans  ::)

To be fair they looked so shell shocked they’d have needed an electric shock to cause any movement.

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9782 on: August 30, 2023, 12:15:54 pm »
To be fair they looked so shell shocked they’d have needed an electric shock to cause any movement.

That must have absolutely melted their brains when you think about it. 1 nil up, woodwork twice, opposition with 10 for ages, only 9 or 10 minutes left and thinking about the beer and bars after the game........

Then that happens.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #9783 on: September 2, 2023, 09:26:29 am »
Blowing kisses?

Offline storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #9784 on: September 2, 2023, 02:10:41 pm »
We are one good Millwall season away from having to run the gauntlet at the New Den.

That's when I'll be concerned about safety.  No matter where they stick us :)

Anyone remember the League Cup tie at Millwall in 2004. We had the whole end, if memory serves me right.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #9785 on: September 2, 2023, 04:09:49 pm »
Yes. They threw a brick at one of our coaches on the way down.

We usually get lower tier but didn't that day in case.

It wasn't so bad in there and they couldn't get to the coaches after the game. I imagine it was worse for those who made their own way to be honest

Still hope they don't come up though

#purplebins banner is what I remember most though
« Last Edit: September 2, 2023, 04:11:24 pm by Shanklygates »
We are a team of one half.

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9786 on: September 2, 2023, 05:51:42 pm »
Anyone remember the League Cup tie at Millwall in 2004. We had the whole end, if memory serves me right.
That was the night the police kept us in after Millwall taunted us about  Hillsborough.

Shithouse fan base.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #9787 on: September 2, 2023, 06:53:18 pm »
That was the night the police kept us in after Millwall taunted us about  Hillsborough.

Shithouse fan base.
And their chairman, Theo something off Dragons Den, started banging on about how terrible our fans were as a disabled Liverpool supporter was knocked out of his wheelchair in the melee to get at their fans. Then the same LFC fan appeared on the news saying something like it didn’t bother him one bit, and if he wasn’t disabled he’d have joined in the charge. That shut that Greek fella up!

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9788 on: September 2, 2023, 07:07:47 pm »
And their chairman, Theo something off Dragons Den, started banging on about how terrible our fans were as a disabled Liverpool supporter was knocked out of his wheelchair in the melee to get at their fans. Then the same LFC fan appeared on the news saying something like it didn’t bother him one bit, and if he wasn’t disabled he’d have joined in the charge. That shut that Greek fella up!
The following day I was glad we got kept in, everyone was raging, there would have been serious trouble. At the time though...

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9789 on: October 1, 2023, 09:48:36 am »
In all the understandable fury about the on field shite yesterday the travelling Kop have to be commended for the support yesterday
Knowing we had our backs to the wall we chanted and sang our hearts our for the lads. Brilliant show of solidarity and to stay and applaud the team who knew it and appreciated it
+6 ticket exchange

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #9790 on: October 1, 2023, 02:29:02 pm »
Echo that. While Spurs fans were busy celebrating winning the league everyone bar a couple applauded our players and manager.   
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Cormack Snr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9791 on: October 8, 2023, 05:19:06 pm »
Great support today .. Went there in the 80's, won 4-1

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #9792 on: November 2, 2023, 09:03:37 pm »
By the skin of their teeth last night.....Happy Scalls 15 minutes before kick off.

Through the wind and the rain, they say.

Neither fate of man or act of god, will stop this lot.
CHOPPER, Vitality 2-1:7:45
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9793 on: November 2, 2023, 09:14:44 pm »
Clothes piss wet through last night and still drying out.  It was challenging walking out of the  ground.   Solid performance from our fans throughout.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9794 on: November 2, 2023, 10:13:09 pm »
Clothes piss wet through last night and still drying out.  It was challenging walking out of the ground.   Solid performance from our fans throughout.

The walk back to the car was grim, felt like someone had just poured a bucket of water over my head, the rain was that heavy. Jeans, coat and shoes just sodden. Luckily stayed mostly undercover in the ground and thought our end was pretty good considering the conditions.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9795 on: November 2, 2023, 10:52:06 pm »
Special mention to my colleague Ian who returned to Liverpool from Bournemouth at half three this morning and was in the office when I rolled in at quarter to nine.

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9796 on: November 26, 2023, 12:04:40 am »
Shit ground innit
Three tiers ..our songs go like Frere Jacques

But was a proper boss equalising moment and they let us out straight away so taking a win fan wise
+6 ticket exchange

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #9797 on: November 26, 2023, 12:52:46 am »
Shit ground innit
Three tiers ..our songs go like Frere Jacques

Exactly why I think we should go with the original plan for the anny Road end and split the away fans over both tiers. Worth a few hundred capacity loss to pretty much neutralise away fans.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #9798 on: November 28, 2023, 04:02:11 pm »
Exactly why I think we should go with the original plan for the anny Road end and split the away fans over both tiers. Worth a few hundred capacity loss to pretty much neutralise away fans.

This is still the case isn't it? It's only Anfield they get pride of place (at least once the views improve with new stand).

Everywhere else you're in the gods out the way, stuck at the side or split over tiers.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9799 on: December 9, 2023, 02:56:31 pm »
 :wellin :scarf :scarf :scarf  ;D