Author Topic: Spurs: fucking useless  (Read 2607250 times)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Re: Spurs - Commiserations
« Reply #19960 on: October 28, 2019, 10:55:09 am »
Sissoko I think. Was really good footwork. He's a good player for them.

I laughed though, I think if you watch the game back, in the first 10 mins, Mane got it to feet around midway inside their half and I think Sissoko came to close him but held had his hands behind his back like
he's still mentally scarred from Madrid. ;D

As he should be, together with his balloon shot from last year when VVD suckered him into shooting, he's got a bit of a block.

He's a funny one. I remember Spurs signing him from Newcastle and he seemed to disappear of the face of the darth and then came back as quite a decent option.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19961 on: October 28, 2019, 10:59:04 am »
I remember that Mane served Aurier a warning during the first half, used his pace to nip the ball off the Spurs players toes but then over-ran it to lose possession again.  The penalty was pretty much the same thing - you can't afford to slow for a second getting rid of the ball with Mane on your heels as he's lightning and will get ahead of you.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19962 on: October 28, 2019, 11:00:13 am »
This is what confused me - Poch didn't start Ndombele, didn't bring in Moura until there were 6 minutes to play, and Lo Celso - more or less the same.

2 of them are big summer signings - Ndombele seems to have settled well. And Moura - he's a good player but now basically a super-sub.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #19963 on: October 28, 2019, 11:00:18 am »
Was Sissoko yes

Spurs fans were booing him first year and now love him

They can fuck off. Can’t stand them. Hate them almost as much as Villa!

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #19964 on: October 28, 2019, 11:02:20 am »
As he should be, together with his balloon shot from last year when VVD suckered him into shooting, he's got a bit of a block.

He's a funny one. I remember Spurs signing him from Newcastle and he seemed to disappear of the face of the darth and then came back as quite a decent option.

He carries the ball well but don’t think he has that final ball in him.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19965 on: October 28, 2019, 11:06:08 am »
They are absolutely primed for a raid on their players this summer. I'd love us to take someone off them. Son would be perfect under Klopp, and I know Alli has fallen off a cliff the last 12 months but I'm sure Jurgen would get a tune out of him.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #19966 on: October 28, 2019, 11:06:39 am »
now that he'll be available to sign on a pre-contract in January for the European clubs, I wonder if Juventus will do their usual?  ;D

Yep. They're looking light in midfield ;D

That will change when they can get him for free.

He'll leave on a free with huge signing on fee.

Definitely. I don't think any club were willing to spend that much on him when he was available on a free in less than twelve months. Levy's tactics cost them dearly

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #19967 on: October 28, 2019, 11:08:20 am »
Sissoko I think. Was really good footwork. He's a good player for them.

I laughed though, I think if you watch the game back, in the first 10 mins, Mane got it to feet around midway inside their half and I think Sissoko came to close him but held had his hands behind his back like
he's still mentally scarred from Madrid. ;D
cheers mate

is he their DM?

what's he best position?

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #19968 on: October 28, 2019, 11:10:46 am »
cheers mate

is he their DM?

what's he best position?

Plays as the deeper lying CM in the 2 with Winks, he's a box to box player but seems like his job was to protect the space ahead of Aurier which Mane and Robbo occcupy and try and bring it forward on the counter when he got it to feet. I'm not sure he does anything outstandingly well, he seems to have his moments. I see him as their Wijnaldum, physical, very capable of regaining possession but not on the same level technically, he doesn't have the same sort of vision.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 11:12:24 am by Phil M »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19969 on: October 28, 2019, 11:10:49 am »
Just had my twice yearly visit to thefightingcock to revel in the fume there. It is an abusive, bitter, horrible cesspit. Beautiful.

So many of them blaming the ref as well, bizarrely. I mean, they got absolutely dominated until about 80 minutes, yet they're focusing on some mad claim that it wasn't a pen as Aurier is only trying to clear the ball and Mane jumps in the way. Remind you at all of a much more dubious penalty given at anfield you absolute t***s?

The Everton, Man City and Tottenham forums are all the same. Horrible places. What do they have in common? They are all the smaller, irrelevant club within their area. Everyone is bitter as fuck.

Go on the Man United and Arsenal forums and they are nowhere near as bad despite them having more reason to consider us as their rivals.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #19970 on: October 28, 2019, 11:15:12 am »
They aren't a bad team. Great attacking players (I'd have Son in our midfield in a heartbeat) but shite defence and an over reliance on a massively overrated Kane is just going to hold them back making that step up to a credible side.

Their keeper proving once again that sub keepers will always be world class when they come to Anfield

Lucas Moura on the bench and Eriksen thrown on the wing is just a waste and a bit sad.

Think Carra made the point perfectly. This spurs side are at the end of their cycle and needs refreshing with new players or manager.

They are where they were just before they sold Bale. On the cusp and in need of a player they can sell for a horrendous amount of money so they can invest in a decent defence.

Eriksen is going to go on a free so that will be a massive blow. Now do they turn around and sell one of their stars in order to make decent signings that would improve them?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2019, 11:18:00 am by gazzalfc »

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19971 on: October 28, 2019, 12:22:38 pm »
The Everton, Man City and Tottenham forums are all the same. Horrible places. What do they have in common? They are all the smaller, irrelevant club within their area. Everyone is bitter as fuck.

Go on the Man United and Arsenal forums and they are nowhere near as bad despite them having more reason to consider us as their rivals.
I made my twice annual pilgrimage to the Fighting Cock as well, Mane cheated by being kicked apparently, he was devious in how he drew the foul apparently, clever play, but what do you expect from him etc, all of the above posted without a hint of awareness or irony, seems fair game when the chinless Tory mouth breather does it.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #19972 on: October 28, 2019, 12:29:20 pm »
That will change when they can get him for free.

He'll leave on a free with huge signing on fee.

Rose,Alderweireld and Vertonghem will all leave too.

Sanchez isn't as good as many thought. Lloris is finished. Kane will start to get doubts about staying. Alli has regressed.

Ndombele will wish he never joined.

Son and Moura are good players but Moura must be so annoyed he barely plays.

They will need to spend a lot of money. They also have to pay the remianing £35m for Lo Celso who hasn't really settled.

Time for Lamella to shine

:lmao
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19973 on: October 28, 2019, 12:34:40 pm »
Got to say Kane scored one of the best goals I've seen at Anfield. I mean to direct that header in to the back of the net which was somewhat of an open goal given our keeper had been wrong footed by the earlier shot. Neville and Tyler said it best when they said other strikers would have missed but not Sir Harold of Mouthbreathingshire. He's an amazing player with a great attitude, the fact that he swore on his daughters life to claim a goal off of a team mate says it all about this stand up chap.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19974 on: October 28, 2019, 12:35:11 pm »
They aren't a bad team. Great attacking players (I'd have Son in our midfield in a heartbeat) but shite defence and an over reliance on a massively overrated Kane is just going to hold them back making that step up to a credible side.

Their keeper proving once again that sub keepers will always be world class when they come to Anfield

Lucas Moura on the bench and Eriksen thrown on the wing is just a waste and a bit sad.

Think Carra made the point perfectly. This spurs side are at the end of their cycle and needs refreshing with new players or manager.

They are where they were just before they sold Bale. On the cusp and in need of a player they can sell for a horrendous amount of money so they can invest in a decent defence.

Eriksen is going to go on a free so that will be a massive blow. Now do they turn around and sell one of their stars in order to make decent signings that would improve them?

lloris is 32
Vertonghen 32
Alderwiereld 30
Rose continually up for grabs every summer and not wanting to sign a new contract.
Eriksen about to leave on a free.

And they pay the lowest wages by a big margin of the top 6.  Be hard to replace those players or even keep them without starting to increase their wage structure and invest heavily and well.  Be interesting what will happen if they got rid of poch.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #19975 on: October 28, 2019, 12:43:41 pm »
lloris is 32
Vertonghen 32
Alderwiereld 30
Rose continually up for grabs every summer and not wanting to sign a new contract.
Eriksen about to leave on a free.

And they pay the lowest wages by a big margin of the top 6.  Be hard to replace those players or even keep them without starting to increase their wage structure and invest heavily and well.  Be interesting what will happen if they got rid of poch.

Ali seems broken as well.
He was hammered by Keane and Co after the match for his lack of professionalism.
Still think Dumb and Dumber was a brutally honest description of the twoSpurs full backs as well
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #19976 on: October 28, 2019, 12:49:26 pm »

Don’t know why, but that just got me!

Me too, sitting here in work sniggering like a child. ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19977 on: October 28, 2019, 12:51:10 pm »
Kane for £200m is peak United, but they will wait until he is close on 28 and past his peak next summer, in true United style and of course pay him a gazillion pounds per week.

If Spurs use that anywhere close to wisely, unlike when they sold Bale, they could still compete for top 4 etc.....if not they will slide back to their true level of top 10.

Kane's shithousery makes him a perfect player for United. He went down like a sack of shit yesterday but to be fair to Lovren, it's almost impossible not to make contact with Kane's chin.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #19978 on: October 28, 2019, 12:52:11 pm »
Got to say Kane scored one of the best goals I've seen at Anfield. I mean to direct that header in to the back of the net which was somewhat of an open goal given our keeper had been wrong footed by the earlier shot. Neville and Tyler said it best when they said other strikers would have missed but not Sir Harold of Mouthbreathingshire. He's an amazing player with a great attitude, the fact that he swore on his daughters life to claim a goal off of a team mate says it all about this stand up chap.

If you think that was good just wait until you’ve seen his pass on 42 minutes
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19979 on: October 28, 2019, 01:15:02 pm »
He's an interesting one Eriksen, no doubt a fantastically talented player, but I agree with Jill regards him this season, but also in the past he seems to have that soft underbelly to his game, even his demeanor is off a lot of the time. He isn't a mentality monster put it that way!

Getting these moves is of course partly about timing, and it so happens the teams he wanted didn't need him in the summer. But I wouldn't be surprised if it's more than just timing with him - that he wasn't seen as being the right fit personality wise either.

His performances this season seem quite odd, if nobody came in for him during the summer and thus he wasn't prevented from leaving then you'd think that it would be in his best interests to put on a really strong showing this season to give himself more options next summer.

To be fair though, the stuff about nobody coming in for him last summer might have been fed directly from the club, whereas it might have been more along the lines of them putting a high price out there and dissuading clubs that might have otherwise been interested in a player with only one year left on his deal if priced appropriately.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #19980 on: October 28, 2019, 01:29:39 pm »
So when is Pochettino's time up? On paper they did fine yesterday, but in reality, it felt like I was watching a team in the bottom half trying to hold on in a relegation scrap. He's obviously a good manager, but they are in freefall and something clearly isn't right with their squad. 8 points behind Chelsea in fourth, 16 (!) points behind us.
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19981 on: October 28, 2019, 02:14:45 pm »
His performances this season seem quite odd, if nobody came in for him during the summer and thus he wasn't prevented from leaving then you'd think that it would be in his best interests to put on a really strong showing this season to give himself more options next summer.

To be fair though, the stuff about nobody coming in for him last summer might have been fed directly from the club, whereas it might have been more along the lines of them putting a high price out there and dissuading clubs that might have otherwise been interested in a player with only one year left on his deal if priced appropriately.

Club aren't going to pay the 50 million plus it would take to get him when they get him for free 12 months down the line. He's not good enough to warrant that expense. Plenty of big clubs will come in for him from January onwards though, because why the hell not? Juventus especially, they love a freebie.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19982 on: October 28, 2019, 02:20:11 pm »
Club aren't going to pay the 50 million plus it would take to get him when they get him for free 12 months down the line. He's not good enough to warrant that expense. Plenty of big clubs will come in for him from January onwards though, because why the hell not? Juventus especially, they love a freebie.
Don't know why I'm thinking this, but Eriksen would slot in nicely at Bayern Munich, especially on a free, as let's face it, they're not going to pay the asking price for Coutinho, very wise considering his back problems.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19983 on: October 28, 2019, 03:28:39 pm »
Just poked Harry Kane on Facebook.

He went down holding his face.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19984 on: October 28, 2019, 05:57:39 pm »
Just poked Harry Kane on Facebook.

He went down holding his face.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19985 on: October 28, 2019, 07:57:42 pm »
Just watching that Son chance early in the first half again.  I guess we were fortunate that that chance didn’t fall to Kane. Not because he would have finished it, but he would have started to fall over before booting it wide of Alisson, vaulted over the top of him, spun in the air to wave at the ref on the way down, then held his ankle and rolled around a bit.

Taylor probably would have given it.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #19986 on: October 29, 2019, 11:51:39 am »
Just watching that Son chance early in the first half again.  I guess we were fortunate that that chance didn’t fall to Kane. Not because he would have finished it, but he would have started to fall over before booting it wide of Alisson, vaulted over the top of him, spun in the air to wave at the ref on the way down, then held his ankle and rolled around a bit.

Taylor probably would have given it.

I would trust VAR then to overturn it in that scenario

*dance.gif*
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #19987 on: October 29, 2019, 03:02:40 pm »
Their away form in the league is truly dire. (Dier?)

They haven't won since beating Fulham 1-2 on January 20th!  Includes two x 2-1 away defeats at Anfield.

P11 W0 D2 L9 F9 A21 Pts 2/33

:o

Mind you their next away game is at Goodison, so if ever there was a time to end that dismal run.  :D
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #19988 on: October 29, 2019, 03:21:19 pm »
Their away form in the league is truly dire. (Dier?)

They haven't won since beating Fulham 1-2 on January 20th!  Includes two x 2-1 away defeats at Anfield.

P11 W0 D2 L9 F9 A21 Pts 2/33

:o

Bury have won away from home more recently than Spurs, and they haven't existed as a club for a couple of months.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19989 on: October 29, 2019, 03:36:37 pm »
Remember when Dier was (supposed to be) awesome? Because he played continental style or something.

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19990 on: October 29, 2019, 05:12:06 pm »
Remember when Dier was (supposed to be) awesome? Because he played continental style or something.

The England fans are always looking for the "next" one.  Rice is still being talked about as the next greatest ever DM right?  Granted Dier thought he was a WWE character out on the field and not actually a football player with all the violent acts he would commit in 90 minutes so maybe it was just entertainment value alone?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19991 on: November 2, 2019, 12:04:46 pm »
They have had their moment in the light. Off now back to your box.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #19992 on: November 3, 2019, 03:00:13 pm »

Dire?

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19993 on: November 3, 2019, 03:23:02 pm »

Remember when they were going to overtake us this season? More rest and refreshing of the squad apparently.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19994 on: November 3, 2019, 08:47:23 pm »
Based on the FA's statement I doubt Son will have much appetite for appealing his red.  That will put Spurs into all sorts of bother when they're already struggling.

Remember when their thin squad seemed to lead a charmed life when it came to injuries and/or suspensions?  Seems to be all catching up with them this season.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19995 on: November 3, 2019, 09:05:34 pm »
At least they still have their lovely new stadium, cheese room and all.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19996 on: November 3, 2019, 10:17:01 pm »
Based on the FA's statement I doubt Son will have much appetite for appealing his red.  That will put Spurs into all sorts of bother when they're already struggling.
I'm sure once things have settled down they will rightly appeal.  It was merely a trip that, unfortunately for everyone involved, ended with a horrible injury.  I've got no desire to watch it back but the impact with Aurier seemed much more forceful - was Gomes already injured before that collision?

Purely on football grounds that was a dreadful game.  The incompetent usage of VAR was far more entertaining than the football.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19997 on: November 3, 2019, 10:24:18 pm »
I feel bad for Son because he's a likeable player.

Spurs are just incredible - I've never seen a team that was in a CL final take a nosedive like them. They more or less have given up.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #19998 on: November 3, 2019, 10:26:38 pm »
I feel bad for Son because he's a likeable player.

Spurs are just incredible - I've never seen a team that was in a CL final take a nosedive like them. They more or less have given up.

They have but not since the CL Final but a good 5/6 months before that.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #19999 on: November 3, 2019, 10:28:39 pm »
When is Pochettino going to get sacked? Levy obviously is hoping he can 'sell' him for £20m or whatever for years but he doesn't give a fuck anymore, playing uncommitted players in every game no matter what - he's going for the Jose/Conte route of making your own position untenable and getting mutually terminated when you want to leave.