Game 2: Tubby - Team Robbie Keane
4 (10.5%)
Game 3: Mikey - Team Roberto Baggio
10 (26.3%)
Game 3: Samie - Team Johan Cruyff
2 (5.3%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: July 26, 2023, 08:51:32 am

Author Topic: The 'Built in their Image' Football Draft - Group A - Round 7  (Read 838 times)

Online mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
Game 1

Nicholls - Team Ronaldinho

TEAM JOGA BONITO... the beautiful game:
- centrebacks who are good on the ball, dominant in the air and aggressive man-markers. Also a dangerous threat on set pieces.
- solid two-way fullbacks who attack down the wing overlapping my inverted wingforwards. Possessing solid dribbling/crossing skills.
- a complete midfield, who can control the game through possession, win the ball back quick, both dynamic and expressive. Masters of passing and space awareness.
- versatile wingforwards, who can play on both the wing, centrally or drop deeper (both creative and goalscoring threats). A prolific striker who is a master in the box.

V

Nick - Team John Barnes

Game 2

Robbie - Team Clarence Seedorf

V

Tubby - Team Robbie Keane

Game 3

Mikey - Team Roberto Baggio

The classic AC Milan / Italy centre-back partnership of Baresi-Costacurta protected by one of the greatest defensive midfielders ever in Makelele with him or Panucci dropping into the back line depending on the side we're attacking down. In defence we have a low lying 4-3-2-1 that can burst out into counter attacks.

The full backs provide width in attack with a left hand side attacking through combinations between Marcelo, De Rossi, Moller and van Basten and on the right hand side Raul, Rivera, Panucci and Moller, allowing for something akin to a 3-3-1-3 in attack.

Rock solid at the back and plenty of goals up top, like the great teams Baggio was involved in, this team should be a tough proposition for any side. Let's just hope they don't have to contend with any penalty shootouts!

V

Samie - Team Johan Cruyff

"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: The 'Built in their Image' Football Draft - Group A - Round 7
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2023, 12:01:04 am »
Voted for me, Tubbs and Samie because we need all the help we can get.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2023, 12:56:00 am »
Voted for me, Tubbs and Samie because we need all the help we can get.

Same, except I went with Mikey cos this is a boss draft and I like him plus Samie got owned by samlad on the transfer thread. I'm not angry, samie, lad, just disappointed...
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2023, 12:58:16 am »
You'd have made mincemeat out of him pre covid and the war and fuel prices and inflation and the cost of living and Liz Truss

Are you okay?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2023, 01:00:05 am by vivabobbygraham »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same