Author Topic: Danny Ings  (Read 340750 times)

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: Danny Ings
« Reply #1840 on: March 17, 2018, 08:43:08 pm »
It will come, saving it for the bitters at Woodison.

Would be nice symmetry his last goal was at Woodison in October 2015.

Crazy to think he was old enough to play for the U21's and their manager was Bobby Brown shoes.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1841 on: March 17, 2018, 08:44:30 pm »
I so want Danny to get a goal, and he will as he is a player who never stops trying. He is looking sharper and sharper too, doing it at Woodison would be brilliant to be honest, and exactly what he deserves.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1842 on: March 17, 2018, 09:03:43 pm »
Liverpool fans hype players don't we mate, but fucking hell Danny showed alertness and endeavour for a massive 20 minutes there. An already troubled Watford defence got no let up.

You can't buy that desire and hunger mate.

Ings will be like he was in the last 20mins today every day & minute in training.

This is way Klopp loves him and way he will be staying around next season even if we buy another forward.

Him and Bobby are just workhorses

Online Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1843 on: March 17, 2018, 09:29:07 pm »

Ings will be like he was in the last 20mins today every day & minute in training.

This is way Klopp loves him and way he will be staying around next season even if we buy another forward.

His first touch is brilliant, hope he gets fully it and we see the best of him

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1844 on: March 17, 2018, 09:43:49 pm »
Ingsy looks incredibly sharp for a man who hasn't had regular game time in a long while. Players like him can come handy for the Bitters game.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1845 on: March 17, 2018, 09:48:29 pm »

Yep Fordy, he's not star quality, he's not admired on the European scene, his next move to some people might be back to lowly Burnley, but for me he's emblematic of this Liverpool side. He deserves another season.

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1846 on: March 17, 2018, 09:52:24 pm »
He looked really sharp when he came on and on another day he’d have had 2 goals. His movement and speed really stood out and I think he’ll prove to be good backup to Firmino.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1847 on: March 17, 2018, 09:54:39 pm »
Need to keep Dings next season.  Unlucky not to score and improving.  Will get his fair share if game time if he stays.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1848 on: March 18, 2018, 12:09:51 am »
Think we'll see Ings at the club for another couple of years as an option off the bench. He's had less time than the rest of the squad to truly assimilate to the changes that Klopp brought to the club in 2015, and we're now starting to see glimpses of some match sharpness. If he's happy to be a squad player, then I think he's worth having around. His workrate, desire and pressing is all already very good, hopefully he'll soon add some of the neater technical stuff very soon.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1849 on: March 18, 2018, 12:12:29 am »
Deserves another season, could in time prove to be a very important part of the squad. Looks like he has goals in him and fits in with the overall work ethic. He could do for us what someone like Solskjaer used to do for want of a better comparison. Always lively when he comes on and always seems to get decent chances, and once one goes in I think more will follow.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1850 on: March 18, 2018, 12:15:09 am »
I think he looks better and better as he gets fitter. He's got something that the other strikers don't seem to have, which is that little bit of clever movement that gets him good shots on goal. As long as he has that, he'll be a useful member of the squad. He could easily take Sturridge's spot in the squad given he's pretty much a goner now.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1851 on: March 18, 2018, 12:16:16 am »
Think we'll see Ings at the club for another couple of years as an option off the bench. He's had less time than the rest of the squad to truly assimilate to the changes that Klopp brought to the club in 2015, and we're now starting to see glimpses of some match sharpness. If he's happy to be a squad player, then I think he's worth having around. His workrate, desire and pressing is all already very good, hopefully he'll soon add some of the neater technical stuff very soon.
Agree - I'd keep him around next season if he's happy to be a cover option. Really like the guy, and was desperate for him to score today and he was looking really sharp even though he couldn't grab a goal. As many have said, it would be great in so many ways if he could reopen his account at Goodison.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #1852 on: March 18, 2018, 12:16:38 am »
I know Mo Scored anyway but i willing Danny to score then.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1853 on: March 18, 2018, 12:23:30 am »
He strikes the ball well but he's not the best finisher is he? He doesn't seem to aim for the corners but more on striking the ball well. Love his work rate though. Always on the move.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1854 on: March 18, 2018, 12:24:57 am »
He strikes the ball well but he's not the best finisher is he? He doesn't seem to aim for the corners but more on striking the ball well. Love his work rate though. Always on the move.

I think it'll come to be honest. The movement is much more difficult to get right. His shot placement I think would be easier to improve than the movement that leads to him getting into the position to score.

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1855 on: March 18, 2018, 12:30:06 am »
I know he was out for a long time but having made his first team come back in September he's been available for 6 months pretty much and he's barely had a look in. You'd think he'll be looking to move on to get some regular football.

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1856 on: March 18, 2018, 12:39:17 am »
I know he was out for a long time but having made his first team come back in September he's been available for 6 months pretty much and he's barely had a look in. You'd think he'll be looking to move on to get some regular football.
Wouldn't blame him if he did, but I'd prefer him to stay probably - I think he's the closest thing it's possible to get to a Firmino analogue, at least with regards to his workrate and he's not short of skill either. I'm guessing either him or Solanke leave on loan maybe? A lot depends on who we bring in.

Anyone know if Ings can play in the wide positions? I'm vaguely remember him coming off the bench to play widish for us a couple of times, but can't remember how it went and I've no idea if it's something he ever did at Burnley. Such versatility would be a bonus and I'm pretty sure Ings would be happy to play anywhere, he just seems like the type.

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1857 on: March 18, 2018, 12:41:48 am »

He's not, he's said as much recently.

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1858 on: March 18, 2018, 12:44:20 am »

Reminds me of Oxlade Chamberlain, needs to look to be more like Kane which seems like an obvious statement at the moment but if you look at how Kane shoots, he almost always looks to the bottom corners across the keeper where its hardest for them to reach and he doesn't give a shit about where it goes in just that its a goal

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1859 on: March 18, 2018, 01:10:59 am »
Only got a year left on his deal, needs a new one as those injuries don’t seem to have massively affected him thankfully

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1860 on: March 18, 2018, 01:13:47 am »
Danny looks Sharp! Very sharp.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1861 on: March 18, 2018, 01:53:47 am »
He said he's not going anywhere, loves being here.

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1862 on: March 18, 2018, 03:15:04 am »
I think it'll come to be honest. The movement is much more difficult to get right. His shot placement I think would be easier to improve than the movement that leads to him getting into the position to score.

Him and Solanke are in the same boat, they both just need one to go in, doesn't matter how. Even if it smacks them square in the face and dribbles over the line, as soon as either of them get one they'll be sound.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1863 on: March 18, 2018, 05:44:01 am »
People seem to forget that he had TWO ACL injuries - one for each knee. To come back from one is hell. To come back from two - takes a certain kind of character to do so. Our medical team had done a tremendous in nursing, rehabbing Ings and I believe that only now that he is back to his pre-injury level.

He is no star but he is a trier who works hard for the team. The type of player who will run until he drops. And he can play anywhere in the front 3. He is our best option coming off the bench to our front 3. And without doubt - he is Klopp kind of player. Klopp will want to keep him
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #1864 on: March 18, 2018, 05:56:45 am »
Ings is a much better player than Solanke at the moment. Should have came on against Man United. More lively and more fight.
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #1865 on: March 18, 2018, 09:21:31 am »
He will win us the Big Ears with a goal in 90th minute

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1866 on: March 18, 2018, 09:23:05 am »
He’s destined to get the winner in the derby.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1867 on: March 18, 2018, 09:30:39 am »
Ings is a much better player than Solanke at the moment. Should have came on against Man United. More lively and more fight.

I was shocked he wasn't on the bench against UTD. I like Solanke but Ings is well ahead of him for me at the moment.  Solanke I want to see play more in the under 23's.

Ings will score a goal soon enough. Against the bitters I can see him scoring.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1868 on: March 18, 2018, 09:38:00 am »
This is sounding like the Borini thread efore he was persona non grata. Movement, movement, hard work, goals will come.

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1869 on: March 18, 2018, 10:06:59 am »
Ings technique is much much better than Borinis.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #1870 on: March 18, 2018, 10:11:03 am »
Would be nice symmetry his last goal was at Woodison in October 2015.

Crazy to think he was old enough to play for the U21's and their manager was Bobby Brown shoes.

And if you had told a Blue then that the next time Ings played at Goodison that Allardyce would be their manager they would have called you a Redshite liar.

Online BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1871 on: March 18, 2018, 11:16:34 am »
He was consistently a 1 in 3 goalscorer at Burnley in some pretty ordinary sides. If he is properly over the injuries and he’s happy being a bench/league cup/fa cup option, then I think he’ll do a job. Great work ethic too.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline BeingJohnMarkovic

• Anny Roader
  • Its All In The Game
« Reply #1872 on: March 18, 2018, 11:19:46 am »

So was Mo, judging by how he celebrated the goal!

Really rooting for Ingsy to do well. The guy has had such a bad bitch of a time over the last few years.
It ain't what you takin', it's who you takin' from, ya feel me? How you expect to run with the wolves come night when you spend all day sparring with the puppies?

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1873 on: March 18, 2018, 11:39:13 am »

It seemed like everyone in Anfield was, even some of the Watford players
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1874 on: March 18, 2018, 12:07:51 pm »
This is sounding like the Borini thread efore he was persona non grata. Movement, movement, hard work, goals will come.

Nah Borini was rubbish and almost never got into the goalscoring positions Ings does. And before we forget, he was starting to score a few before he did his first ACL during his first season at the club. Also, Ings' touch and technique are miles better than Borini's, and he's quicker and stronger too. He's a much better player in every conceivable manner. I can only speak for myself but I think Ings could be a decent third choice striker.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1875 on: March 18, 2018, 12:09:13 pm »
Pleased with how Klopp is using him. He’s shown enough for me to warrant hanging around next season but has also shown enough in the games to warrant interest from other clubs should he move on

Extremely likeable bloke - just hope he can stay fit

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1876 on: March 18, 2018, 12:12:26 pm »
Looks sharp for a player who's missed 2 seasons with harsh injuries. Delighted that Klopp has been giving him the chance, and definitely think he's worth keeping on again next season. By all accounts he has the attitude and mentality that Klopp wants from his players. He's looked better with each appearance.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1877 on: March 18, 2018, 12:12:36 pm »
So was Mo, judging by how he celebrated the goal!

Really rooting for Ingsy to do well. The guy has had such a bad bitch of a time over the last few years.

Yep, look bright yesterday too, I know Watford were already beaten but he played like it was still in the balance - which is his natural game anyway - and caused them a lot of problems. And he doesn't look like he's coming of two horrendous injuries so hopefully he'll get more opportunities as the season closes.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline MrRaptorTurtle

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1878 on: March 18, 2018, 12:47:23 pm »
Wouldn't think he's had 2 career threatening injuries in the last 3 years would you? He looks really sharp yesterday and honestly unlucky not to have 2 goals, he worked hard on and off the ball when he came on and found some really good space to get his shots away. Would like to see him stay next season and make a proper impact having a full season!

Online Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #1879 on: March 18, 2018, 12:50:51 pm »
Still hoping hes going to turn into a reasonable facsimile of Bobby light for next seasons, really good chances of that hes a hell of a hard worker with very good skills.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.