Author Topic: Fabio Aurelio  (Read 94089 times)

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
Re: Goodbye Aurelio
« Reply #520 on: June 30, 2012, 06:25:33 pm »
The lad needs to retire. He doesn't just pick up injuries innocuously, he gets serious injuries that keep him out for ages at a time. Who knows why he keeps getting injury after injury but it's a damn shame when such a talented player is plagued like this. :(

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #521 on: June 30, 2012, 08:14:38 pm »
The lad needs to retire.

I'm sure he knows what's best for him.

Good luck to him at his new club.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline AcesHigh

• Main Stander
  • Chora macaco imundo, nunca ganhou de ninguém!
« Reply #522 on: June 30, 2012, 08:27:52 pm »
I'm sure he knows what's best for him.

Good luck to him at his new club.

I suppose you didnt read the news I posted at the last page, which was what prompted 1892TillForever to say Fabio needs to retire.

Let me repost here

Guess what folks. Fabio´s contract with Liverpool only expired now, so Fabio would have his first game for Gremio this sunday. Then TODAY, at 11am, at a light training practice, he jumped to escape a tackle and when he landed he twisted his knee and broke (?) a ligament. He is out for 6 months. BEFORE HE EVEN STARTED.

Talk about bad luck.

Bad luck for Fabio and Gremio. Fabio would replace Pará, who is out due to injury. And Pará was replacing Julio Cesar, who is out due to injury. So Grêmio now has 3 leftbacks ALL INJURED.

ps: the problem is at his "ligamento cruzado anterior", which I dont know what is the translation in english... a literal direct translation is something like "frontal crossed ligament".

the reason I supposed you didnt read this news at the previous page was that you were wishing Fabio luck at his new club... and would be kinda ironic to deserve luck to him when he just got injured, at his new club, and will stay out for 6 months before even playing his first match!
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 08:29:23 pm by AcesHigh »
Even on foot we will go, whatever happens, but the certain is that we will be, with Grêmio, wherever Grêmio is.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #523 on: June 30, 2012, 08:36:52 pm »
Poor guy. He had everything to be the best left back in the world but those darn injuries.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #524 on: June 30, 2012, 09:36:32 pm »
Absolutely gutted for him. Still have a lot of love for Fabio.

Offline Saint Kopite

• but Greavesie's in the Main Stand
  • Legacy Fan
  • “By what right does the wolf judge the lion?”
« Reply #525 on: June 30, 2012, 11:57:01 pm »
Absolutely gutted for him. Still have a lot of love for Fabio.

True. :(
A Liverbird upon my chest, we are the men of Shankly's best. A team that plays the Liverpool way, and wins the championship in May.

Offline Moldyman

• Heart and soul, one will burn.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: July 1, 2012, 12:21:48 am »
Gutted for him. Quality player when fit.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #527 on: July 1, 2012, 12:25:17 am »
Gutted for him. Quality player when fit.

But never ever fit really.  Think some players are born with the techncal ability to make it, but the body just doesn't agree.  Been loads of examples down the years.  Get injured by getting up out of bed in the morning.

Offline Arcadian

• Makes pissed even when sense!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Be the change you want to see in the world...
« Reply #528 on: July 1, 2012, 12:40:04 am »

Pffff. Unreal. Feel for the guy.

*                         *                           *                            *                         *

Offline harrytrow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: July 1, 2012, 12:42:50 am »
But never ever fit really.  Think some players are born with the techncal ability to make it, but the body just doesn't agree.  Been loads of examples down the years.  Get injured by getting up out of bed in the morning.
So do I and never made it as a footballer
Gutted
How come pointed questions recieve blunt answers

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #530 on: July 1, 2012, 12:55:37 am »
Gotta feel for Fabio.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline vitch

• Kopite
  • Pikine Guinaw Rail
« Reply #531 on: July 1, 2012, 02:01:43 am »

ps: the problem is at his "ligamento cruzado anterior", which I dont know what is the translation in english... a literal direct translation is something like "frontal crossed ligament".

That's his ACL, the same injury as Lucas. He is out for a minimum of 6 months BEFORE he can start training, that is most likely 9-12 months before he is back. At this point and given the other ailments he has, he should probably call it quits.
Fergies so purple i had to turn down the contrast on the tv.

Offline keyo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: July 1, 2012, 02:14:31 am »
Guess what folks. Fabio´s contract with Liverpool only expired now, so Fabio would have his first game for Gremio this sunday. Then TODAY, at 11am, at a light training practice, he jumped to escape a tackle and when he landed he twisted his knee and broke (?) a ligament. He is out for 6 months. BEFORE HE EVEN STARTED.

Talk about bad luck.

Bad luck for Fabio and Gremio. Fabio would replace Pará, who is out due to injury. And Pará was replacing Julio Cesar, who is out due to injury. So Grêmio now has 3 leftbacks ALL INJURED.

have to say, gremio may be massively unlucky, but 3 injured left backs smacks of carelessness when you add fabio's injury record into the mix!!!!

is a shame for fabio, his career is petering out
Joey's ate the frogs legs, made the swiss roll, now he's munchin' gladbach!!

Offline martinsquirtle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #533 on: July 1, 2012, 02:52:21 am »
so gifted yet so unlucky.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: July 1, 2012, 02:53:48 am »
Fucking hell.

Feel for him. Echo the suggestions that he should call it a day, it can't be good for his long-term health to carry this on now.

Offline AisoD

• Anny Roader
  • On my best behaviour. Honest.
« Reply #535 on: July 1, 2012, 03:00:18 am »
Gotta feel for Fabio.
I loved Fabio when he was here. Classy player and came across as a classy person. However it's pretty obvious his body can't handle playing football. He should retire from football, how many more hints can his body give him? It's unfair on the club he's contracted too.

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: July 1, 2012, 03:14:31 am »
Fucking hell.

Feel for him. Echo the suggestions that he should call it a day, it can't be good for his long-term health to carry this on now.

Agree entirely. Do they still play the beach football seriously in Brazil, like Junior did some years ago? It's just such a shame that a player so talented rarely got the chance to show what he could do, and yet with his technical ability, I wouldn't have thought playing on after lesser players have got too old would be beyond him. But I don't know if they still play it, or how seriously, and whether even that might be beyond him physically. Although I'm making him sound like a zimmer-shunter now (no offence meant). Share your abilities, somehow, Fabio, that's what I meant to say.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline NeverWalkAlone96

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 96
« Reply #537 on: July 1, 2012, 03:34:32 am »
Terrible news about that unfortunate injury in training.  Would be about a year before he is back and at this point may need to call it, but I hope not.  Shame because when on form as I think every Liverpool supporter will agree he is a very gifted player. 

Will never forget those goals against Chelsea and Mancs.  Best of luck Fabio

Offline AcesHigh

• Main Stander
« Reply #538 on: July 1, 2012, 06:03:30 am »
have to say, gremio may be massively unlucky, but 3 injured left backs smacks of carelessness when you add fabio's injury record into the mix!!!!

is a shame for fabio, his career is petering out

the current president and the guy he chose as football director is a moron, and he will probably be ousted in the general elections in October. And yes, many people were skeptical of Fabio´s coming to the team, since he is always injured. The situation is very similar to one we had in the beginning of the year... Sorondo, a great and skilled uruguayan defender, but also always injured. And just like Fabio, he had a very serious injury a few days before starting on the team.

but to be fair, Fabio was hired before Pará got injured. Now, the guy we have left is Anderson Pico, an ambidextrous player formed in our base categories. He is very good and very skilled, but he almost destroyed his career... he is too fond of booze, and parties and food. After like 1 or 2 seasons after he became a pro, we started borrowing him to much smaller clubs, to see if he could get his head in place and put his career back on track.

We got him back now, and Fabio´s injury is his second chance in life. Either he takes it and makes it worth or his career at any brazilian Serie A club is over.
« Last Edit: July 1, 2012, 11:18:29 pm by AcesHigh »
Even on foot we will go, whatever happens, but the certain is that we will be, with Grêmio, wherever Grêmio is.

Offline AcesHigh

• Main Stander
« Reply #539 on: July 1, 2012, 06:07:07 am »
Agree entirely. Do they still play the beach football seriously in Brazil, like Junior did some years ago?

well, there are no professional beach football clubs as far as I know. Some regular football clubs have Football 7 or Indoor Soccer (called Showbol) departments, where usually retired players play... and futsal departments (specialized futsal players, never retired players). But I never heard or at least I dont remember any club having a beach soccer department.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #540 on: July 1, 2012, 06:32:19 am »
Can't imagine what he must be feeling. Gutted can't even begin to cover it.

I remember reading once that Fabio is a religious type, and his faith has helped him mentally deal with the crushing disappointments that his untimely injuries and missed opportunities have brought. The lost Brazilian caps, the Champions League semi finals, etc. he's dealt with it all.

Which is admirable as that big white-beardy guy upstairs is sure sticking it to him. Cruel to see someone with so much talent yet so fragile, constantly robbed of the means to display it regularly.

If there's any karma in this world, the highly intelligent and technically gifted Fabio Aurelio will one day enjoy the sustained football success he really deserves. As a manager.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline ACLE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #541 on: July 1, 2012, 10:10:05 am »
Agree entirely. Do they still play the beach football seriously in Brazil, like Junior did some years ago?

Unbelievable luck. He would get injured lying on a sun lounger on the beach never mind beach footy.
It's not where you've been, it's where we're going.

JUSTICE DELAYED IS JUSTICE DENIED but Justice is getting closer every day.

Offline bigbear

• offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to arrest and imprisonment of the international porridge thief and furniture wrecker Goldilocks
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #542 on: July 1, 2012, 10:17:13 am »
Real shame for Fabio but at least he isn't rehabilitating on our money any more.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #543 on: July 1, 2012, 01:26:14 pm »
That's his ACL, the same injury as Lucas. He is out for a minimum of 6 months BEFORE he can start training, that is most likely 9-12 months before he is back. At this point and given the other ailments he has, he should probably call it quits.

Why?  He's making good money rehabbing all of these injuries.  Why call it quites when he is still young enough to play a couple more years. 

Offline Heighwayondawing

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on The Reds
« Reply #544 on: July 1, 2012, 01:29:13 pm »
Such a shame. He really is a great little player, we saw flashes in 2008. He was a big part of that title push. Maybe he should enjoy the money he's made now.
The one most important thing that we all must remember, in case it slipped our mind, is this club is much more important and bigger than anybody. I'll never forget that and anybody that does is being a wee bit irresponsible and stupid I think because the club is more important than any one individual. The Club is, The Club.

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: July 1, 2012, 01:30:18 pm »
Thats just insane. Can't think of another footballer cursed with injuries. Really feel for him.
If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: July 1, 2012, 02:11:19 pm »
His body is just not built for sports, madness how he's made a career out of it!
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #547 on: July 1, 2012, 03:31:04 pm »
You really got to feel sorry for the guy.  Great skills, intelligent footballer, just cursed by some really bad injury problems...

Offline lfcshaunod

• Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King
« Reply #548 on: July 1, 2012, 05:27:59 pm »
Christ, how much bad luck can one guy have.

If he comes back from this he deserves a medal.

I would have given up and fucked it off by now.
I'M NOT NED STARK'S BASTARD!!!

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: July 1, 2012, 05:43:52 pm »
Real shame for Fabio but at least he isn't rehabilitating on our money any more.

As mercenary as this sounds, I have to agree. He was as good a left back as anyone in the league on his day, but the fact that he's averaged around 15 games a season throughout his career means he was injured far more than he ever had those days. I wish him luck with his rehab but I'm glad his wages are freed up to find a deputy for Enrique, if Robinson isn't quite ready to step up.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: July 1, 2012, 07:14:37 pm »
Poor Fab

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: July 1, 2012, 07:27:31 pm »
So him, Adam, and Lucas all have the same injury in a relatively short space of time? Strange that

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #552 on: July 1, 2012, 07:46:33 pm »
I wish him well......I was hoping that he would have a long period injury free but he just doesn't seem to have any luck.
#JFT97

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #553 on: July 2, 2012, 01:59:13 am »
Christ. Hope he makes a comeback.  :(

"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."
~~Ray K, on Luis Suarez (Liverpool 5 - Norwich 1)

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: July 2, 2012, 02:12:05 am »
Guess we won't be resigning him again then!

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #555 on: July 2, 2012, 06:04:33 am »
Feel very gutted for him. Good player and I dont remember a single bad game he had for us. His goals against United and Chelsea will last ever in my thoughts.
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #556 on: July 2, 2012, 06:15:02 am »
Poor Fabio. :(

Offline groove

• eeeeee baby!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: May 3, 2014, 11:38:47 pm »
On 4 April 2014, Aurélio announced he was retiring from professional football after a series of injuries which had sidelined him for the entire 2013 season.

Oh Fabio.

Can't actually find a news source for this. Was on his wikipedia page. I guess no one in the media even cared he was still playing.

:(

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #558 on: May 3, 2014, 11:57:16 pm »
Oh Fabio.

Can't actually find a news source for this. Was on his wikipedia page. I guess no one in the media even cared he was still playing.

:(
must be in the brazillian media or even the club website.  I'd be surprised that the official sire hadn't commented on it.

Either way, shame for him he could've been so much more if he could've stayed fit.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: May 4, 2014, 12:11:15 am »
Who does/did he play for most recently?