Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2195926 times)

Offline Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
Re: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)
« Reply #33680 on: July 19, 2023, 03:33:46 pm »
In the Anny Road thread, I stated that it looked too narrow around the ground

And stwey17 replied that it was ok and then posted the plans, might be going soft, but looks to me like the stadium is bigger than the drawing?

Is the family stand the one for throwing kids?
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #33681 on: July 19, 2023, 03:41:44 pm »
They forget that Liverpool were the club that suffered most from the ban, and Liverpool Football Club did nothing at all wrong. The club voiced concerns about the crumbling stadium long before the final took place. UEFA, in their infinite wisdom, dismissed all concerns, just like they always do.

Bitters forget the appalling role large sections of the Juventus support played that night too.

They also conveniently forget that English football fans were the pariahs of Europe in the 70s and 80s. The national team was followed by thousands of self confessed thugs who prided themselves on the carnage they caused. At home, Man United fans were destroying small towns as they descended on them like violent, pillaging locusts in their Bay City Rollers outfits. Most clubs had pretty vicious hooligan groups and no one was safe at games.

Go to any big book store and you'll see book after book written by ageing thugs reminiscing with pride over their violent thuggery at football matches up and down the country.

They forget that to this day in the hooligan fraternity Liverpool are said to not even have a firm, whilst Everton are lauded for their viciousness. They are forever bragging over their thuggery at Millwall recently, for instance.

They forget that Thatcher hated the working class and she hated their sport of choice. She despised England following thugs who shamed the country and she vowed to smash them and their ilk. Heysel was grotesque, but it was not an isolated incident. Man United 'fans' had already killed two Middlesbrough fans and a Palace fan. Everton had already carved up Jobe Henry and ended his boxing career. Fans of pretty much every club had, at some time or place, given their rivals a hiding in or around grounds, city centres or service stations.

The ban in 1985 came as a result of Heysel being the final straw. If it wasn't Heysel it would have been something else not long afterwards. Thatcher wanted to take the game down a peg. The working class who followed it down a peg too. That's what the ban was all about. If it was a Liverpool problem only Liverpool would have been banned. Facts are, everyone who went on marauding around at home and abroad back then have blood on their hands. They also blood on their hands over Hillsborough too, because if it wasn't for those people, ordinary football fans would never have been herded like cattle into pens with fences around with no escape.

I don't expect Bitters to comprehend the reality of the situation. I don't expect them to have perspective and honesty anymore. They'll just go with whatever fits their tragically pathetic agenda. You simply cannot help some people.

The truth is there. The bigger picture is there. But many choose or refuse to see it.

All you clowns writing books glorying in your 70s and 80s hooligan exploits, you all played a part. You are all part of the reason why English clubs were banned. Simply put, you couldn't behave in a civilised manner and it eventually caught up with us all. You all brag about your thuggery and how great your firm was, then wash your hands of any responsibility when the inevitable eventually happens.

Everton? Well I still see many of them online bragging about their 'firm' and how 'evil' it is. Dinosaurs stuck in a previous century. Funny how the very same people then go on about Heysel and how we are supposed to be violent thugs though, then in another breath slag us off saying we haven't got a firm and are actually just tourists at a theme park.  :duh

Edit:

For the record. I don't think Everton should have been banned from Europe. Liverpool shouldn't have been either, nor any other club. English fans should have been banned, not the clubs. The clubs were not at fault. Oh, Juventus fans should also have been banned from Europe for at least a season for their disgraceful behaviour at Heysel.

You get the feeling that Heysel being a stick to beat the 'RS' with plays as much of a part as any genuine belief they were robbed of a chance to join the ranks of the immortals.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #33682 on: July 19, 2023, 03:53:24 pm »
Add in having Manchester in the name, links nicely to Manchester United, most people in the UK don't know Everton is a district in Liverpool, so their name means nothing.

Mansoor has been like Bob the Builder, lashing up expensive apartment blocks all over the City centre

Sheikh Mansor, can he fix it?

Erm, probably.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33683 on: July 19, 2023, 03:59:46 pm »
Could be the angle of the photo. Or the drawing isn’t actually to scale.

Couple of others I took

Lad had a flying lesson today and we flew from Blackpool down the Mersey, over Anfield and back. Took some pics of BMD

Its bloody tight around that stadium, looks very hemmed in

I know it's tight around Anfield, but we leave in 4 directions mainly, even so WBR is rammed, they're trying to get 53,000 out of one or two gates onto Regent Road.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2023, 04:01:42 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #33684 on: July 19, 2023, 04:07:26 pm »

They're trying to get 53,000 out of one or two gates.

:lmao

Only when they play us
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #33685 on: July 19, 2023, 04:47:52 pm »
Add in having Manchester in the name, links nicely to Manchester United, most people in the UK don't know Everton is a district in Liverpool, so their name means nothing.

Mansoor has been like Bob the Builder, lashing up expensive apartment blocks all over the City centre

The area around Miles Platting has seen some massive investment from Mansoor, which in turn has regenerated the area. Property values were rocketing so the powers thistle be are happy. Some real slums cheek by jowl with luxury restaurants and hotels/apartments.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #33686 on: July 19, 2023, 04:57:39 pm »
Couple of others I took

I know it's tight around Anfield, but we leave in 4 directions mainly, even so WBR is rammed, they're trying to get 53,000 out of one or two gates onto Regent Road.

The big hole in the listed dock wall has to be reinstated as before. However I can see them not doing it on the grounds of H&S, as that leaves only the original dock gates as exits which are not enough.
Everyone has to eventually exit onto the dock road.
I have said this before, Collingwood dock will be filled and a car park built on it. Peel are laughing their socks off. Uncle Joe really screwed the city when he threw away WHS. Peel can now do what they like down there.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #33687 on: July 19, 2023, 05:03:00 pm »
Older and more knowledgeable reds than me say they did have a great side in 85 and if Heysel hadn't have happened they'd have been in the European cup and been in with a decent shout.

That being said that side went on to get 4 less points the following season and not win their domestic league.

Shot their load in the fa cup final after going one nil up in the first half and lost to sixth place Chelsea in the league cup, a point that effectively ends their argument that they'd walk the European Cup in 86.
Aside from claiming they'd have won the European Cup in the 80s, they appear to think that it would have prevented all of their current problems. They need to have a chat with Forest and Villa fans  ::)
Everton went into the Premier League era as one of the "Big Five"; they, and they alone, are responsible for their current predicament.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #33688 on: July 19, 2023, 05:31:42 pm »
Aside from claiming they'd have won the European Cup in the 80s, they appear to think that it would have prevented all of their current problems. They need to have a chat with Forest and Villa fans  ::)
If only Villa and Forest has asked the Everton board what to do back then. They'd be the two top clubs in English football today. The Everton board always get it right. Or so we're told.  ::)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Online JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33689 on: July 19, 2023, 05:34:17 pm »
Everton fans just need someone, or something, to blame for what an absolute fucking shitshow their club is. Naturally they will blame their illustrious neighbours.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33690 on: July 19, 2023, 05:57:28 pm »
Remember when the put some blue cladding up to block the view of FC Big Stand?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #33691 on: July 19, 2023, 06:05:53 pm »
Remember when the put some blue cladding up to block the view of FC Big Stand?
The only things keeping that stadium together at this point is the wrap and the cladding.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33692 on: July 19, 2023, 09:39:32 pm »
https://www.evertonfc.com/club/our-people

A corner flag for a director. Everton that.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33693 on: July 19, 2023, 09:46:21 pm »

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33694 on: July 19, 2023, 09:50:56 pm »
https://www.evertonfc.com/club/history/everton-firsts

Thought Liverpool was in Lancashire in 1906.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #33695 on: July 19, 2023, 09:55:09 pm »
https://www.evertonfc.com/club/history/everton-firsts

Thought Liverpool was in Lancashire in 1906.
Fucking hell!

First club to have the youngest Premiership goalscorer in two consecutive seasons with two different players
First club to be featured in a TV game; August 1936 v Arsenal. Not live (pre-recorded).
First club to have scoreboard half time/full time facility
First club to have its own podcast
First club to have its own online social networking site
First club to sell tickets via text message

I mean…. That’s properly trivia shite that… especially the first!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #33696 on: July 19, 2023, 09:55:12 pm »

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33697 on: July 19, 2023, 10:17:56 pm »
Fucking hell!

When Bobby Martinez was manager, Everton Twitter out a post up before cup tie, about him being "Unbeaten in 9 rounds of the F.A Cup ( including Wigan's win).

One of those games was when Wigan snotted Everton at Goodison

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33698 on: July 19, 2023, 10:18:41 pm »

Kenwrights blurb haha

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #33699 on: July 19, 2023, 10:49:32 pm »
Fucking hell!

Scoreboards?
1977 half the fans still en route from Rome…
Tommy Smiths testimonial.
Goals going in from all angles.
Kop asking all parts of the ground “what’s the score”
Then
“Referee referee what’s the score?”
Ref shrugs
Kop response
“We want a scoreboard”
Immediately followed by
“Everton have got one…” to the tune of Everton are tragic
Kop follows up with
“They never fuckin use it..”
Everyone in bulk.
One of the greatest nights of crowd humour.
Ask Esther Rantzen

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #33700 on: July 19, 2023, 11:08:39 pm »
First club to sell tickets via text message, you'll never sing that!
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #33701 on: July 20, 2023, 12:02:48 am »

Bolasie nodding in approval...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33702 on: July 20, 2023, 12:08:04 am »
Scoreboards?
1977 half the fans still en route from Rome…
Tommy Smiths testimonial.
Goals going in from all angles.
Kop asking all parts of the ground “what’s the score”
Then
“Referee referee what’s the score?”
Ref shrugs
Kop response
“We want a scoreboard”
Immediately followed by
“Everton have got one…” to the tune of Everton are tragic
Kop follows up with
“They never fuckin use it..”
Everyone in bulk.
One of the greatest nights of crowd humour.
Ask Esther Rantzen

;D

Great night that

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lKwyxwcTEQ4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lKwyxwcTEQ4</a>
« Last Edit: July 20, 2023, 12:15:09 am by kavah »

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33703 on: July 20, 2023, 12:33:39 am »

He wanted to remain anonymous, understandably
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33704 on: July 20, 2023, 12:55:37 am »
;D

Great night that

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/lKwyxwcTEQ4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/lKwyxwcTEQ4</a>
That's like watching Saudi football at it's best to honest, no-one really gives a shit, kick around
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #33705 on: July 20, 2023, 06:07:21 am »
;D

Great night that

Nice to hear both 'Liverpool' chants done properly.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33706 on: July 20, 2023, 07:01:27 am »
Kenwrights blurb haha

He appeared in several West End musicals before he was asked to join the cast of Coronation Street in 1968 as Gordon Clegg. At the end of his 12 month contract he stunned the producers by asking to leave the series - the first time a young actor had made such a huge decision.

Another first!

As much as they hate Kenwright, they absolutely lap up all his shit. All this “first” stuff, People’s Club etc.

Online Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33707 on: July 20, 2023, 07:05:47 am »
So it seems that penaltiy shoot outs in the European Cup do count after all.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #33708 on: July 20, 2023, 07:56:55 am »
He wanted to remain anonymous, understandably

Won't be long before some loon runs on and gets a corner flag in a head lock

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33709 on: July 20, 2023, 09:02:25 am »
So it seems that penaltiy shoot outs in the European Cup do count after all.

BOOM!!!

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33710 on: July 20, 2023, 09:05:15 am »

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33711 on: July 20, 2023, 09:15:42 am »

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #33712 on: July 20, 2023, 09:39:40 am »
Fucking hell!

First club to sack a manager who was in the back of a taxi at the time, hence the term "taxi for" insert any manager in the hot seat. ;D
#Sausages

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33713 on: July 20, 2023, 09:41:28 am »
First club to sack a manager who was in the back of a taxi at the time, hence the term "taxi for" insert any manager in the hot seat. ;D
What would Everton do?

Phone a Delta.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #33714 on: July 20, 2023, 09:42:15 am »
https://youtu.be/HuDXOL1Hrw8

Blue Bill sings

Epitaph - When Times Were Good.

Very appropriate.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33715 on: July 20, 2023, 09:55:44 am »
Back in for Danjuma. I’d expect a lot of tweets from January containing the word “Rat” are being swiftly deleted this morning.

Online disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #33716 on: July 20, 2023, 10:28:26 am »
Danjuma hahaha, good player but it's like FC Cuckold
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #33717 on: July 20, 2023, 10:40:56 am »
Danjuma is great news, completely average player who couldn't even get in Spuds team, they already hate him for dumping them and first bad performance (of which there will be many) they'll rip him to bits

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33718 on: July 20, 2023, 10:54:00 am »
Danjuma is great news, completely average player who couldn't even get in Spuds team, they already hate him for dumping them and first bad performance (of which there will be many) they'll rip him to bits
Hope he has a fast and durable car to escape the hordes of zombies after a bad result, a lesson Anthony Gordon learned the hard way.

Offline LuverlyRita

• metar made
  • Kopite
« Reply #33719 on: July 20, 2023, 12:26:53 pm »

I had a quick look at the list of directors on our website and it is just that, a list. That's despite the fact that one - a certain Sir Kenny Dalglish - has rather a lot to boast about on the football front. The nauseating stuff about Kenwright on their website is irrelevant to football and, along with his need to have his mugshot on the outside of Goodison Park, a perfect demonstration that they have a grade A narcissist at the helm.