Author Topic: New Banner Ideas  (Read 1375678 times)

Offline pepe.reina

• Main Stander
  • Every Other Saturday....... or Sunday, or Monday..
Re: New Banner Ideas
« Reply #5240 on: October 13, 2011, 09:39:33 pm »
Shouldn't laugh but....

:lmao
ponderthepoint that's me martinjmmac5lfc and Jonjo is me mate. We've done it tonight
Every Other Saturday....... or Sunday, or Monday, or Wednesday, or Thursday....

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #5241 on: October 14, 2011, 10:46:18 am »
Since it's gonna be one year since the H&G saga, if someone could quickly make one saying :

LIVERPOOL FC IS IN THE RIGHT HANDS

;)

Online Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5242 on: October 14, 2011, 01:21:01 pm »
Not if you do aways as well.

And you might draw them in the CL or all the domestic cups as well.

Money and time well spent.

:P

:D suppose any Chelsea banners made during the Rafa years paid for themselves in the end

Offline PonderthePoint

• Anny Roader
  • All round the fields..
« Reply #5243 on: October 14, 2011, 03:58:52 pm »
ponderthepoint that's me martinjmmac5lfc and Jonjo is me mate. We've done it tonight
Is right lad, you're getting a free pint if I see you in the sandon before the match.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5244 on: October 14, 2011, 04:21:51 pm »
RESPECT

96 and 23

Hillsborough and Munich

Rest In Peace

Something like this should be done IMO.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 06:18:42 pm by J-Mc- »

Offline myliverbird

• Legacy Fan
  • Claiming the Liverbird since 1986
« Reply #5245 on: October 14, 2011, 04:46:19 pm »
RESPECT

96 and 23

Hillsborough and Munich

Rest In Pece

Good idea this. If any of the United fans were planning to sing hillsborough chants I'd imagine this would shut them up pretty quick. Also shows we are taking the moral high ground
"Im leaning. This is where I lean"

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5246 on: October 14, 2011, 04:46:58 pm »
Good idea this. If any of the United fans were planning to sing hillsborough chants I'd imagine this would shut them up pretty quick. Also shows we are taking the moral high ground

It's not about taking the moral high ground, it's to stop all that shite from both sets of fans.

Offline Cantona07

• Main Stander
« Reply #5247 on: October 14, 2011, 04:48:30 pm »
RESPECT

96 and 23

Hillsborough and Munich

Rest In Pece

It would be great to see that.

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5248 on: October 14, 2011, 06:00:00 pm »
RESPECT

96 and 23

Hillsborough and Munich

Rest In Pece

Great banner idea.

Peace though.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5249 on: October 14, 2011, 06:18:58 pm »
Great banner idea.

Peace though.

Cheers, didn't notice that.

Offline Chinbits

• Has a Purpoise in life
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Factor 3rd Place WINNER
« Reply #5250 on: October 14, 2011, 06:24:19 pm »
RESPECT

96 and 23

Hillsborough and Munich

Rest In Peace

Hold a powerful magnet against your stomach and then run it up your body until it's under your chin.

While wearing your mum's skin as a hat.

Offline verbal kint

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5251 on: October 14, 2011, 06:31:07 pm »
Somebody said recently that having Rafa as the manager means not giving a shit who you get in a Champions' League draw...........

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #5252 on: October 14, 2011, 07:27:42 pm »
RESPECT

96 and 23

Hillsborough and Munich

Rest In Peace

BRILLIANT - BLOODY BRILLIANT MATE.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Oscarmac

• Kenny is King
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5253 on: October 14, 2011, 07:57:24 pm »
RESPECT

96 and 23

Hillsborough and Munich

i'll chip in for this, get it made!

Rest In Peace

They are only great because we are on our knees......let us arise!

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #5254 on: October 14, 2011, 09:12:13 pm »
Someone definately need to get it made ASAP!

Fantastic banner!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Zürren

• Main Stander
« Reply #5255 on: October 14, 2011, 09:43:59 pm »
This would be just terrific !

Great, great idea.
At the end of a storm...

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5256 on: October 14, 2011, 10:18:59 pm »
Just seems very random and as if we are trying to suck up to them a bit in my opinion, its not as if its coming up to any anniversary or anything, so yeah, I think it is a bit random, obviously great and have nothing against it, but, eer, yeah, can't really put it well into words what I mean so will leave it at that.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5257 on: October 14, 2011, 10:27:09 pm »
I'm with willo, on this one.

I think it's a great idea, and done for all of the right reasons, and sentiments.  But without an aniversary or other reason right now, it just looks like we're trying to kiss their arse or something.

I would put it on the back burner for a future banner though.  In the right context, I think it would be good.

Offline Block306

• Anny Roader
« Reply #5258 on: October 14, 2011, 10:27:18 pm »
Agree with Willo on this hope it doesen't get done, no need for it in MY opinion.

Lets just stick with the healthy rivarly no need to bring H'boro or Munich up.

Again not worded great but I know what I mean.

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
« Reply #5259 on: October 14, 2011, 10:36:04 pm »
Good idea for that Banner.

Anyone worried it would make us look like we are "kissing arses" need to show some perspective here.It shows class and dignity imo,remembering and respecting two massive tragedys in the history of both our clubs.
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #5260 on: October 14, 2011, 10:45:50 pm »
I think its a great idea, no matter if its random or the fact that showing it up in a date that is not close to the anniversary days, people should pay respect anytime and anyday. And if it helps to quiet those ugly chants, it's even better.

Utter class that banner, and it should be done and shown up tomorrow at Anfield.

It's not about kissing arses, it's about RESPECT
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline Zürren

• Main Stander
« Reply #5261 on: October 14, 2011, 10:46:07 pm »
You've got a point here (Willo, I mean), but let's not forget that Hillsborough should be very much in the center of things with what's coming up on Monday, hopefully.

ANd when you add Mr Alex Ferguson (and KD) comments on the subject, that's not that much out of subject, IMO.

Definitely something to do I reckon.

edit : oh nice auto-correction, btw.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 10:49:21 pm by Zürren »
At the end of a storm...

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5262 on: October 14, 2011, 10:48:12 pm »
I think it's a good timing because during the matches you still hear those disgusting chants from both sides. And we should work to stop that. After what happened during sups-arsenal match, more attention is brought into those kind of chants, and it's a good opportunity for everyone to stand up and make a stop to it. Nothing to do with kissing up to them imo.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5263 on: October 14, 2011, 10:56:52 pm »

Anyone worried it would make us look like we are "kissing arses" need to show some perspective here.It shows class and dignity imo,remembering and respecting two massive tragedys in the history of both our clubs.
Although I agree with you, I also think that an awfull lot of bitter waters have gone under the dridge in the last 40 years.

Although there has to be a catalyst to facilitate change, and even forgivness or healing, for want of a better word. A banner like this may help to start that.  But I also think the timing and context should be just as important.

I certainly have nothing bad to say about it, or anyone, who wants to be the first to raise their head above the parapet, to try and start the ball rolling, but it just seems so random, and if I'm honest, to me personally, just looks like arse kissing.

In another context, at another time. Yes. Fine.

Right now, and with no context.  I think it just looks odd.

If you took it to the match tomorrow. I don't think you'd get many supporters of it.  On the contrary, I think you'd get a fair bit of abuse from our own fans for having it.

I think there's far too much water under the bridge, and it will only take something monumental (or monumentally sad), in order to change the mindset of fools on both sides of the divide, who have almost had hatred bred into them over the last 40 years.

Good luck with that one. I think you'll need it.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #5264 on: October 14, 2011, 10:58:31 pm »

The greates show of class and dignity that we could evr show (and it wont happen) would be to give their team/club a standing ovation for toppling our title record (like a guard of honour).  Would show true dignity and class in recognition of such a great achievement.  After all, we thought 18 titles was immense, so for somebody to eclipse it (even our fiersest rival) has to be respected.

It would also shove down their throats any notion that we're jealous, bitter or smalltime (like clubs who can only DREAM of getting 18 and 19 titles).
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Legendary_Nines

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't worry, be happy!
« Reply #5265 on: October 14, 2011, 11:10:13 pm »
I'd more then happily put some money into that banner...don't have much as a uni student but could chip in $20AUD if you need it.

Offline SamiSamiHyypia

• Kopite
  • Justice For The 96
    • The Homes Of Football
« Reply #5266 on: October 14, 2011, 11:19:40 pm »

I think it's a great idea, and done for all of the right reasons, and sentiments.  But without an aniversary or other reason right now, it just looks like we're trying to kiss their arse or something.

I would put it on the back burner for a future banner though.  In the right context, I think it would be good.

Why do you care what we look like? I think it would be great to show respect for ours and theirs
I can confirm that on this subject at least, there is an almost cultish obsession, which I find quite unnerving.
Cult Of Lucas - Proud Member

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #5267 on: October 14, 2011, 11:21:33 pm »
I don't think its about kissing up to them or even about our football "rivalry"! I think its about Human beings coming together against the scum (on both sides) who chant sickening things about people who we have loved so dearly and in many cases lost!
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5268 on: October 14, 2011, 11:23:10 pm »
I don't think its about kissing up to them or even about our football "rivalry"! I think its about Human beings coming together against the scum (on both sides) who chant sickening things about people who we have loved so dearly and in many cases lost!
This.

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #5269 on: October 14, 2011, 11:25:26 pm »

spot on
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #5270 on: October 15, 2011, 05:21:58 am »

Here's why the banner is needed. Anyone who can't or won't see this basic truth has agenda of their own in my opinion.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
« Reply #5271 on: October 15, 2011, 10:12:56 am »
Although I agree with you, I also think that an awfull lot of bitter waters have gone under the dridge in the last 40 years.

Although there has to be a catalyst to facilitate change, and even forgivness or healing, for want of a better word. A banner like this may help to start that.  But I also think the timing and context should be just as important.

I certainly have nothing bad to say about it, or anyone, who wants to be the first to raise their head above the parapet, to try and start the ball rolling, but it just seems so random, and if I'm honest, to me personally, just looks like arse kissing.

In another context, at another time. Yes. Fine.

Right now, and with no context.  I think it just looks odd.

If you took it to the match tomorrow. I don't think you'd get many supporters of it.  On the contrary, I think you'd get a fair bit of abuse from our own fans for having it.

I think there's far too much water under the bridge, and it will only take something monumental (or monumentally sad), in order to change the mindset of fools on both sides of the divide, who have almost had hatred bred into them over the last 40 years.

Good luck with that one. I think you'll need it.

I think now is as good a time as any to do this,now that the chanting has been brought into the mainstream media a fair bit more lately.Also with the two managers commenting on the subject also.

As for having support for it at the game,i`m not so sure i could agree with you there,and anyone who would intend to abuse someone for having a banner respecting both tragedys,well let me just say,they would be as bad,if not worse than the people signing these sick songs.Any true footy fan or normal human being wouldn`t imo object to this.This is a lot bigger than some football rivalry,it can be put to one side to honour and remember these tragedys with respect.
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Online Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #5272 on: October 15, 2011, 10:18:30 am »
Posted in the other thread but pasted here, a reminder for those who are younger about one of the Munich facts

"Don't forget Busby was a Liverpool player (and captain)

Busby was sold to Liverpool for £8,000 on 12 March 1936, having made more than 200 appearances for Manchester City. He made his debut for the Reds just two days later, on 14 March, away to Huddersfield Town; the match ended in a 1–0 Liverpool defeat. Busby opened his goalscoring account a month later – his 47th minute strike helped his team to a 2–2 draw with Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park. Busby soon made the number 4 shirt his own, ousting Ted Savage in the process. He rarely missed a game over the following three seasons. This consistency earned Busby the Liverpool captaincy and he led the club with great distinction. Along with Jimmy McDougall and Tom Bradshaw, Busby made up what is considered by many to be the best half-back line Liverpool had ever had. Bob Paisley joined Liverpool from Bishop Auckland in 1939, and it was Busby who took him under his wing and showed him the ropes at Anfield. This led to a lifelong friendship between two of the most successful managers in English football history. The Second World War arrived soon after, and with it came an end to Busby's playing days. Like many of the Liverpool playing staff, he signed on for national service in the King's Liverpool Regiment."
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #5273 on: October 15, 2011, 10:51:03 am »

Then all the better idea to do this B4 there's an anniversary.... a sort of olive branch of peace.

Redefine boundaries, if you will. Could it hurt? Not really
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5274 on: October 16, 2011, 01:10:26 pm »
Posted in the other thread but pasted here, a reminder for those who are younger about one of the Munich facts

"Don't forget Busby was a Liverpool player (and captain)

Busby was sold to Liverpool for £8,000 on 12 March 1936, having made more than 200 appearances for Manchester City. He made his debut for the Reds just two days later, on 14 March, away to Huddersfield Town; the match ended in a 1–0 Liverpool defeat. Busby opened his goalscoring account a month later – his 47th minute strike helped his team to a 2–2 draw with Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park. Busby soon made the number 4 shirt his own, ousting Ted Savage in the process. He rarely missed a game over the following three seasons. This consistency earned Busby the Liverpool captaincy and he led the club with great distinction. Along with Jimmy McDougall and Tom Bradshaw, Busby made up what is considered by many to be the best half-back line Liverpool had ever had. Bob Paisley joined Liverpool from Bishop Auckland in 1939, and it was Busby who took him under his wing and showed him the ropes at Anfield. This led to a lifelong friendship between two of the most successful managers in English football history. The Second World War arrived soon after, and with it came an end to Busby's playing days. Like many of the Liverpool playing staff, he signed on for national service in the King's Liverpool Regiment."

Indeed.

Offline JFT96_LFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #5275 on: October 19, 2011, 10:52:02 am »
Post count doesn't let me post images yet so heres the link to the banner I made...

http://i51.tinypic.com/10huhc2.jpg

Credit to J-Mc for idea  :thumbup
THE ONE AND ONLY

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #5276 on: October 19, 2011, 10:52:54 am »
Post count doesn't let me post images yet so heres the link to the banner I made...

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5277 on: October 19, 2011, 11:12:13 am »

Class

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5278 on: October 19, 2011, 11:15:15 am »
Class that.

Offline smig

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5279 on: October 19, 2011, 11:20:26 am »

Nice one, looks great.
"Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt."