Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 2 Diaz '26 Salah '64 v Brighton 1 Welbeck '1  (Read 16169 times)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: PL: Liverpool 2 Diaz '26 Salah '64 v Brighton 1 Welbeck '1
« Reply #320 on: March 31, 2024, 09:42:47 pm »
Worst refereeing performance I've seen in a while.

Online redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #321 on: March 31, 2024, 09:46:35 pm »
Brighton have been a bogey team for us over the past few seasons and so our usual habit of conceding first didn’t bode well. Thank goodness we fought back well to get three vital points despite the usual inept refereeing by David Coote. 5 yellows to their 3 and 20 fouls by Liverpool to their 6.

We must have turned into a right dirty team according to Coote and he did it by not even looking at one foul he blew for early on. Turned around to see a Brighton player on the floor so blew for a foul. Truth be told he had Tierney in his ear for most of the game I’d wager. On another occasion he turned back as a shot flew into the Kop only to stop and signal corner.

In the first half after Macca had received treatment he never told him to leave the field for the required 30 seconds despite Macca standing still waiting for the signal. I refuse to believe he was one of the top refs in the EFL before being promoted to the PL. He must have the right contacts as he’s been rank since coming in.

Macca was excellent today despite being the last player back having played in LA on Tuesday evening. He played for 60 minutes and scored just before coming off. The signing of Endo has been huge as I always thought Macca was better in an attacking midfield position. He was key today.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #322 on: March 31, 2024, 09:49:16 pm »
8 yellow cards in this game and only 2 in the City Arsenal one is insane. They were kicking the shit out of each other at the Etihad.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #323 on: March 31, 2024, 09:57:39 pm »
Brighton got three yellows and only made 6 fouls. One was for dissent though.

Coote was appalling all game. Still trying to understand why he delayed our corner to remove two balls behind the goal
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #324 on: March 31, 2024, 09:59:46 pm »
Brighton were diving left, right and centre but was glad no one took the bait. Otherwise, Welbeck gave us a scare down the right but the midfield won through. Mac Allister had another top game, I thought. It's all in our hands now.

Offline kop306

• Kopite
« Reply #325 on: March 31, 2024, 10:03:57 pm »
really enjoyed the game today
atmosphere was good

macca player of the season
good performances from endo,diaz,bradley

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: March 31, 2024, 10:12:18 pm »
Stressed to fuck last 15...Gonna take sleeping tablet and go to bed for remaining games

but then you'll miss the games....

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #327 on: March 31, 2024, 10:58:41 pm »
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 11:14:19 pm by Funky_Gibbons »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #328 on: March 31, 2024, 11:00:37 pm »
If an offside player has a shot on goal that the keeper tips behind, but there is no flag, because they're waiting for a potential var reviwev....should they get a corner?

Yes noticed that too, they almost scored from that corner too, the one that they got from an offside. Madness.
Football is a lie

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: March 31, 2024, 11:06:58 pm »
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline WestieRed

• Main Stander
  • BELIEVER
« Reply #330 on: March 31, 2024, 11:16:27 pm »
Are those lines touching?

It’s ridiculous. The microscopic search for the offside is horrible. He’s level and it’s onside for me. Sucked the joy out of a great move and a brilliant pass by Mo. I’ve never recovered from that nonsense with Mane’s shorts being offside at Goodson a few years back…

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #332 on: April 1, 2024, 12:01:42 am »
Can we just not re-sign Milner and put him on for the last 5 mins to take the ball to the corner flags, fuck me.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #333 on: April 1, 2024, 12:01:59 am »
Very rusty as the start of the game reminded us. We should have scored more but our scoring boots were left in the dressing room. On one side I'm being a little hard on the lads as watching this City Arsenal game you can see how rusty teams can be after the break but I'm not buying this absolutely crushed, dominated Brighton today sales pitch. We were the better team that's for sure and delighted we grabbed the three points but it could easily have been a missed opportunity too. Right now it's looking like a great three points 😉

We were well on top.

They had two shots on target after the goal? So that threat they had didn't really materialise. Whereas we would have scored at least a few more hard on the opportunities.

"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: April 1, 2024, 12:04:36 am »
It’s ridiculous. The microscopic search for the offside is horrible. He’s level and it’s onside for me. Sucked the joy out of a great move and a brilliant pass by Mo. I’ve never recovered from that nonsense with Mane’s shorts being offside at Goodson a few years back…

Yeah that was bad.

I thought they changed the rules last season whereby if the lines were touching, then they would treat the player as onside, hence why I asked. Although I think I've only seen that applied once, when Rashford scored against us, funnily enough.

It's not clear on that picture but they look really close.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: April 1, 2024, 12:11:47 am »
Can we just not re-sign Milner and put him on for the last 5 mins to take the ball to the corner flags, fuck me.
We certainly seemed like we were trying to recreate the Houllier/Ginola moment.  Gomez trying an eye-of-the-needle pass, Harvey cutting inside and Mo shooting when all could have taken the sting out of the final few minutes.  Don't get me wrong it's really refreshing to see, especially when most teams start timewasting in the first half these days, but it's not good for my blood pressure.

Offline touchlineban

• Main Stander
  • Nothing Personal
« Reply #336 on: April 1, 2024, 12:25:08 am »
MoTM : Mac (again).  Another diamond performance from a gem of a player.  Honourable mentions: Bradley and Diaz.

Played well after going behind, again.  Lazy finishing and not making the right pass when getting ourselves into great positions made the game far more difficult than it should have been.

Offside? Really?

Still, a win is a win after an international break.

The ref, another clown show.  No penalty for Mac against Shitteh, but whatever Brighton player was selling, Coote and the VAR clowns bought it, every frigging time.

For Brighton, threw themselves to the floor (a lot), they played pretty patterns, got into the final third and looked like they didn't know what to do.

Down to single figure games.  Win, don't care how it happens now.  Just get the three points.  Score one more than the opposition, we can talk about tactics and performance after.

Top of the league.

Off to finish my beer.

:)
"Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit posting."

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #337 on: April 1, 2024, 12:38:55 am »
Brighton got three yellows and only made 6 fouls. One was for dissent though.

Coote was appalling all game. Still trying to understand why he delayed our corner to remove two balls behind the goal

My take was that after all the time wasting they did, they suddenly decided they want to play quicker after going 2-1 down. That's why they put the balls behind the goal, so they could quickly restart the game. My thinking was that there's some rule in the PL that the balls behind the goal must be placed on those cones that are halfway between the goal and the corner-flag and that's why Coote had put them there. Could be wrong though as I can't be arsed looking up if there's something in the PL rules about that.

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
« Reply #338 on: April 1, 2024, 01:22:46 am »
On we go....
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: April 1, 2024, 02:07:12 am »
Nine games to go. Just win the fuckers please. I want this title more than anything.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #340 on: April 1, 2024, 02:39:57 am »
What a performance that was by our lads today. Absolutely amazing. Which it simply had to be against a team of really fine players who played out of their skins to deny us but simply couldn't cope ultimately with the intensity and outstanding individual and collective ability of this wonderful group of footballers we're so blessed to have.

Online Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #341 on: April 1, 2024, 04:57:50 am »
Brighton made it hard for us but ultimately we made it difficult by conceding a sloppy early goal. Apart from that we were very very good albeit having missed some good chances. The best 2 results today I'd say, we are now clear of both teams but of course it's these tough away games which will have the most influence.

What a dirty side we must be to pick up so many yellow cards. Either that or the ref is a c*nt  :wanker
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline marmite

• Kemlynite
« Reply #342 on: April 1, 2024, 06:01:59 am »
great game as ill not lie i thought it would be a draw but we did out play them and Brighton are a good side bri;; 3 point //

possibly cootes is the worse prem ref not just this game but other games he refs he alwats looks way out of his depth ...

shock of the day roy keane saying on sky that liverpool playing sexy football rat face lol the look on his face when roy said it lol..

next game maybe a chance to eat in too the arse goal differents ....
im autistic dyslexic born deaf so spelling may be bad on some days bear with me its something i try very hard to get righy ... im not thick... supported liverpool fc from a very early age of 6 that would have been 1974  and still follow their every move today been to anfield and away games many times but now days its more online due to bad health

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #343 on: April 1, 2024, 06:08:27 am »
Alexis Mac Allister. My god. We've had so many players over the years who have been just incredible to watch and he's right up there. What a silky, intelligent, beautiful player he is.
The classiest midfielder we've had since Xabi.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Zeppelin

• Funds hate.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hammer of the Gods
« Reply #344 on: April 1, 2024, 07:47:22 am »
Why did Coote decide to move those balls behind the goal ?

What was going on with the ballboys yesterday? The spare balls were left sitting on their cones but the ballboys were sitting yards away and making no attempt to return them or collect the loose balls. Were they on strike or something?

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #345 on: April 1, 2024, 08:03:29 am »
If only Brighton folded as easily against us as they do with some other teams. We really are every other club's cup final, aren't we?

Remember the way they let a dreadful Everton batter them last season.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #346 on: April 1, 2024, 08:05:09 am »
What was going on with the ballboys yesterday? The spare balls were left sitting on their cones but the ballboys were sitting yards away and making no attempt to return them or collect the loose balls. Were they on strike or something?

New PL rule - seriously
Because ball boys throwing the ball to players speeds things up and stops time wasting.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #347 on: April 1, 2024, 08:06:09 am »
How long is Mitoma out for? Any chance he makes the Arsenal and City games?

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: April 1, 2024, 08:15:50 am »
Out of all games we've played after an international game break this wasn't that bad, after all. Should have made it easier, but three points in the bag. I'll take it. Some brilliant plays there, including the three goals we scored.

I really, really look forward to automatic AI offisides. This minutes long nonsense must end.
« Last Edit: April 1, 2024, 12:23:11 pm by Lofty Ambitions »
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: April 1, 2024, 08:29:24 am »
How long is Mitoma out for? Any chance he makes the Arsenal and City games?

Nah he's done for the season.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: April 1, 2024, 08:31:56 am »
Van Dijk was a bit fraught and needed to calm down at 1-1, with a few mad sprints out of position.

Pretty sure that ended up being a tactical instruction. Brighton had absolutely no threat down our left, and Welbeck was either dropping deep or playing off Quansah. Van Dijk was therefore basically free to go and scare the shit out of them further forward.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: April 1, 2024, 08:32:49 am »
Nah he's done for the season.

Are any of Brighton's injured back for the Arsenal and City games?

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: April 1, 2024, 08:33:50 am »
Pretty sure that ended up being a tactical instruction. Brighton had absolutely no threat down our left, and Welbeck was either dropping deep or playing off Quansah. Van Dijk was therefore basically free to go and scare the shit out of them further forward.

That was a choice. Why attack the left when you have two kids on the right?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: April 1, 2024, 08:44:04 am »
Are any of Brighton's injured back for the Arsenal and City games?

João Pedro should be.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: April 1, 2024, 09:01:11 am »
I think we were fairly calm after they scored, at least until Salah got into a shooting position :P

We created a number of chances after the scored and yeah, it should have been a routine win. Given how tight it is, I expect we'll have a few more games like this. All part of the song and dance of I guess!

Yes sorry I meant when it got to 80mins we went through a period of turning over the ball really cheaply. Gomez for example ran up the pitch then blasted it straight to Brighton. Just a bit of better game management at the end would have been nice.

Salah usually is a bit rusty, but once he gets the first the rest follows which bolds well for the rest of the run in. Something like 12 shots, his most ever, glad that’s out of the way!

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #356 on: April 1, 2024, 09:07:51 am »
That was a tough one!
Brighton didn't make it easy for us and we kept our heads....could have been a frustrating day but we saw it out and the 2nd goal was real quality for us.
Mac was amazing...Will need him massively in this run in.

Fantastic to be back on top with a small bit of daylight to start this run in.

Onwards!
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #357 on: April 1, 2024, 09:12:19 am »
Yeah that was bad.

I thought they changed the rules last season whereby if the lines were touching, then they would treat the player as onside, hence why I asked. Although I think I've only seen that applied once, when Rashford scored against us, funnily enough.

It's not clear on that picture but they look really close.

I wonder if the lino had not raised he flag whether they would have looked so hard to try and justify it being off.
The error margin in which frame they use linked to when the ball was played is probably great than that gap.

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #358 on: April 1, 2024, 09:30:23 am »
Worst refereeing performance I've seen in a while.

Minor point but what the fuck was he playing at shifting those loose balls from behind the goal while we were about to take a corner?
Believer

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #359 on: April 1, 2024, 10:26:29 am »
Minor point but what the fuck was he playing at shifting those loose balls from behind the goal while we were about to take a corner?

Evidently there are minimum distances spare balls need to be from the goal to ensure they dont interfere with the goal line tech!