Author Topic: Liverpool 1-1 Man City (2-1): (Gerrard, pen) Half time.....  (Read 93437 times)

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
Carra was 15 years younger when playing there and was not good enough then. good god, him marking Silva is madness.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
I'm so tense it's ridiculous.

I can help you with that .
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
Honestly, I hope we do play Carra at DM with Gerrard next to him.
As a 'regular' DM he could do a job, but he shouldn't be expected to do a man marking job on anyone specific. Or neither should he be expected to do the job Masch did, in covering the full backs.
I'd just be worried he'd find it difficult to remain in midfield and not drop back into his more usual role, this would leave us light in midfield and we would be handed a new arse by City.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
Id go all Steve Mcmahon on Silva from the off and fucking take him out.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline Sevo

• Happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy happy happy joy joy joy.
  • Kopite
No, Carra as a holding midfielder rather than man-marking Silva could well work. Carra's experience would count. However, I wouldn't mind Carra in defense partnering Skrtel - with Agger holding the midfield. Experience is needed in the big games.
Carragher is slow and simply wouldn't be able to negate Silva whatsoever. Besides, with Adam patrolling the centre circle for 90 minutes we'd have two players contributing very little.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Carra tasked with keeping Silva quiet? Wouldn't be too confident really.

Offline Azzandro

• Anny Roader
  • Walk through the storm hold your head up high
Honestly, I hope we do play Carra at DM with Gerrard next to him.

Aurelio, Enrique and Agger i rather have before Carra in that role

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
Id go all Steve Mcmahon on Silva from the off and fucking take him out.

So there is a role for Carra tonight then.

;D
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Whatever line up plays I hope Kenny gives them the most rousing speech in his career to tell them that recent events and performances have been far below expectations, and these nights at Anfield are what have built the club to where it is (was).

He should insist that we come out of the blocks at 1000mph, and close every City player down before they even have time to think about controlling the ball.  I'd want us 2-0 up by half time, and then defend like our lives depend upon it.

In the absence of us being anywhere near good enough for CL the players owe it to the club and the fans to get us to the final and then win it.

I'd play

Reina

Kelly  Skrtel  Agger   Enqrique

Henderson  Gerrard  Adam

Kuyt     Carroll     Maxi

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
What do you lads think? Is this game more important than the semi final of the Europa League against Atleti two seasons back?

Yes, because thats history and its our next game.
Every trophy, regardless of what its called or who its sponsored by, is what makes this club so great.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
So there is a role for Carra tonight then.

;D

;)

Seriously though you dont see that anymore.

Offline fivein05

• Rawkite most likely to take his ball home in a huff #2
  • Legacy Fan
                         Reina
          Johnson Skrtel Coates Agger Enrique
                    Kelly               Robinson
            Spearing     Carragher       Kuyt

Come on City! Bring it on.........

One poster on this site is going to let me down this season! Don't let it be you!

Offline Tonyh

• Tony get the shots in (after 7pm)
  • Legacy Fan
  • .............is the final piece of the jigsaw!
Carra started off as a holding midfielder. Could be a good move.

About six years ago maybe but not with his legs now, he wont even be fully match sharp!
Let's also never forget the 39!

• Legacy Fan
                         Reina
            Spearing     Carragher       Kuyt

Come on City! Bring it on.........

can you not fit Carroll in for defending corners?

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
Never ususally do this but id like to see

REINA

KELLY   SKRTEL   AGGER    ENRIQUE

KUYT   GERRARD  HENDERSON  SHELVEY   MAXI

BELLAMY
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 01:14:14 pm by shelovesyou »

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
;)

Seriously though you dont see that anymore.

Nope, nowt like a good old fashioned clattering.

Is Webb available for tonight, his eyesight appears to be failing him ?

:)

Offline djschembri

• Legacy Fan
Spearing not fit for tonight it seems. Carra at dm? Please god no. Would be a disaster

proper nervous now, can't wait!

Kuyt up front i hope so we press them as high up the pitch as possible

Offline fivein05

• Legacy Fan
can you not fit Carroll in for defending corners?

Reina
            Spearing     Carroll       Kuyt

There you go, replaced him for Carragher,my mistake, Carragher may be too attack minded for tonights game.
One poster on this site is going to let me down this season! Don't let it be you!

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
I really desperately hope Spearing is playing, if he starts the game, I reckon we'll be alright.  If he doesn't, I'd like to see Agger play the DM role with Coates (or Carra) alongside Skrtel.  Failing that, maybe Shelvey in there but I'm not confident he'd be able to keep Silva quiet.  Heaven help us if we go with a central midfield of Gerrard Henderson and Adam.  Henderson will keep the ball well, simple passes, but not one of those three have what it takes to play as a DM.
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
Nope, nowt like a good old fashioned clattering.

Is Webb available for tonight, his eyesight appears to be failing him ?

:)

hAHA.

From the off we need to make sure they know we aint gonna be fucked about tonight.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
I really desperately hope Spearing is playing, if he starts the game, I reckon we'll be alright.  If he doesn't, I'd like to see Agger play the DM role with Coates (or Carra) alongside Skrtel.  Failing that, maybe Shelvey in there but I'm not confident he'd be able to keep Silva quiet.  Heaven help us if we go with a central midfield of Gerrard Henderson and Adam.

Id  have Shelvey in there and keep Agger in defence. Would be suicide to put Coates in, not knocking the lad but that partnership
has been cemented.
City will come at us tonight.

Offline -Q-

• Legacy Fan
Id  have Shelvey in there and keep Agger in defence. Would be suicide to put Coates in, not knocking the lad but that partnership
has been cemented.
City will come at us tonight.

I know what you are saying, but putting I'd hesitate to put Shelvey on Silva. Not sure he has the defensive capability to play that role.  He's always seemed very forward minded.  Couldn't be worse than Adam, Gerrard or Henderson in that role though.  Still think Agger is the best bet.  If we manage to stop them in midfield, Coates shouldn't have much to worry about.
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline Mohammad Shahrul

• Oral Pisser
  • Main Stander
  • Im the Red PHP programmer, huhu!! :-)
    • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petronas_Towers
shelovesyou,

You quote me, friend... What the hell? :)

Hurm... Crazy? :)
p/s: I just joined RAWK forum, hope can learn something from you all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petronas_Towers

• Legacy Fan
By the way if the rumours about carragher playing in midfield tonight are true, it goes to show what Kenny really thinks of his midfielders that he does not trust one of them to sit and protect.

Offline fivein05

• Legacy Fan
By the way if the rumours about carragher playing in midfield tonight are true, it goes to show what Kenny really thinks of his midfielders that he does not trust one of them to sit and protect.

This can only be the case if Spearing has not recovered from his hamstring.

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
shelovesyou,

You quote me, friend... What the hell? :)

Hurm... Crazy? :)

Ha, no harm mate, it genuinely made me laugh.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No Charlie Adam please.

Offline Mohammad Shahrul

• Oral Pisser
  • Main Stander
  • Im the Red PHP programmer, huhu!! :-)
    • http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petronas_Towers

I hope he is younger and turns to beast  tonight. Gosh!!! Carra at the midfield!! :)
Sounds like we are really going to all out defending. Huhu!!
p/s: I just joined RAWK forum, hope can learn something from you all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Petronas_Towers

Offline shelovesyou

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
I know what you are saying, but putting I'd hesitate to put Shelvey on Silva. Not sure he has the defensive capability to play that role.  He's always seemed very forward minded.  Couldn't be worse than Adam, Gerrard or Henderson in that role though.  Still think Agger is the best bet.  If we manage to stop them in midfield, Coates shouldn't have much to worry about.

Im not saying he can look after Silva alone but with a packed midfield, closing them down and protecting the back four we'd be better off.
I highly doubt Spearing will feature to be honest.
They'll creat chances though mate and, for me anyway, id rather have the solid defence weve seen so much of this season.

Offline Toxfixiation

• Kopite
  • 90% of the time, it works EVERY time!!
not confident but full of hope. We need Carra at DM like a hole in the head. Red card waiting to happen
We could buy a squashed hedgehog,put him in a dress,a little makeup ,explode him with 200 pounds of C4 then scoop the bits up,put him into a pie,cook him for 45 minutes,let it cool and put it on the halfway line and he'd be a great replacement for Cole.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan

I wouldn't put a man on Silva. Just clatter the fucker early doors, swallow the yellow and get on with it. Like shelovesyou said we need to let them know that we've got the stomach for a fucking hard fight, and let City know that for them to reach Wembley it's gonna be a fucking war.
We need to win this game a hell of a lot more than they do, and we should make sure that come what may we leave the field with nothing left to give.
It's a time for hero's tonight. Time to step up boys.

Offline -Q-

• Legacy Fan

To be fair, none of them are meant to play that role, they are attacking, forward players, they need a Lucas, a Mascherano or a Didi behind them.

Offline fivein05

• Legacy Fan
I hope he is younger and turns to beast  tonight. Gosh!!! Carra at the midfield!! :)
Sounds like we are really going to all out defending. Huhu!!

"in brucie voice"  Tell you wot??? youre my faaaavooritt.

• Legacy Fan
I really desperately hope Spearing is playing, if he starts the game, I reckon we'll be alright.  If he doesn't, I'd like to see Agger play the DM role with Coates (or Carra) alongside Skrtel.  Failing that, maybe Shelvey in there but I'm not confident he'd be able to keep Silva quiet.  Heaven help us if we go with a central midfield of Gerrard Henderson and Adam.  Henderson will keep the ball well, simple passes, but not one of those three have what it takes to play as a DM.

Shelvey will not be trusted. All through the Oldham game Kenny was disgusted at Shelveys lack of awareness as he constantly let playeers run by him and behind him. He was constantly referring to it to Steve Clarke.

Offline -Q-

• Legacy Fan
Assuming Spearing doesn't play, I'd go with:

Reina
Kelly Skrtel Coates Enrique
Agger
Downing Gerrard Henderson Bellamy
Carroll

Could definitely see an argument in playing Kuyt instead of Downing though, but I still hope Downing can come good and playing Kuyt effectively says we are hoping to hold on to a 1-0 win and Carroll will not have a chance of any service, compared to the slim to none we get from Stuart...

• Legacy Fan
To be fair, none of them are meant to play that role, they are attacking, forward players, they need a Lucas, a Mascherano or a Didi behind them.

they are midfielders, they should be capable of being able to play the role. Not to the level of say a mascherano etc but still should be able to do a job.

Offline Tonyh

• Tony get the shots in (after 7pm)
  • Legacy Fan
  • .............is the final piece of the jigsaw!

Its from Tony Barrett, he normally knows what he is talking about in terms of inside Liverpool information.
Let's also never forget the 39!

Offline Not funny reecehenebry

• Pitbull #2. Fanning the flames of debate since 03/06/10.
  • Legacy Fan
Could Enrique do a job in midfield?
Why are you looking past this season?

Offline -Q-

• Legacy Fan
they are midfielders, they should be capable of being able to play the role. Not to the level of say a mascherano etc but still should be able to do a job.

Silva is a midfielder, I wouldn't ask him to play the DM role.  He is not cut out for it. The Gerrard role in CM is very different to the DM role in CM, even though it is a similar area of the pitch.  Silly example perhaps, but I would not expect Skrtel to perform well in goal, just because he is a CB.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
I wouldn't put a man on Silva. Just clatter the fucker early doors, swallow the yellow and get on with it.

Is Silva known to bottle it, or is he more likely just to torment the player on a yellow.
No way will someone 'tackle' him so hard it'll mean he's taken off?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.