The Boozer / Re: Wordle - Word Game - Guess a different word each day
« Last post by Alan_X on Today at 07:06:34 am »
Strands #55
“Call me?”
🔵🔵🔵🔵
🟡🔵🔵
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by farawayred on Today at 07:00:30 am »
Would rather Arsenal win it than 115 FC doing an unprecedented 4 titles on the bounce.
I'm split on that. Maybe that's better, or maybe it's better for the Cheats to win it and then get stripped of everything...
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by KirkVanHouten on Today at 06:58:56 am »
He's come back unfit, has returned to "fitness" during his fasting period. He's not fallen off a cliff, he's having a rare out of form out of fitness patch. Whether he's the long term answer moving forward is unsure though.

Yeah that's fine but we need to start pricing that into our player valuations and considering it in our recruitment balance. Playing in AFCON is a huge negative mark on a player. They are taken away in the middle of the busiest period of a season and we don't get any benefit. The margins we've lost titles by are so thin, it's absurd that we have had this tournament taking away our best players and returning them crocked to derail our season.
I understand all that with the case pending, but all I'm asking is that people mention the charges (nothing illegal or even provocative in that) and discuss that these charges are there in the context of what we're seeing on the field season after season.

Or, if the writers and broadcasters don't want to do that, then just shut up and don't praise them. But instead we mostly get the worst of both - no mention of the charges and shitloads of praise for City as though they're totally legit.

It's not a high bar I'm setting for journalism in the UK, but the vast majority keep limbo-dancing way under it.

The less the charges are mentioned the better for the product that is the PL. Doesn't look good if they keep talking about them having 115 charges to their name.

There's also most definitely pressure from somewhere to not talk about them as much as possible.
Hopefully he keeps Taffarel around. Him and Ali have an excellent relationship.
I understand all that with the case pending, but all I'm asking is that people mention the charges (nothing illegal or even provocative in that) and discuss that these charges are there in the context of what we're seeing on the field season after season.

Or, if the writers and broadcasters don't want to do that, then just shut up and don't praise them. But instead we mostly get the worst of both - no mention of the charges and shitloads of praise for City as though they're totally legit.

It's not a high bar I'm setting for journalism in the UK, but the vast majority keep limbo-dancing way under it.

After one of their recent title wins they asked the sky sports panel what makes city so great. Think they all agreed that ultimately it was the genius of a Pep, the passion of a fan base , and the Roy of the Rovers under dog story of their obscure players . All under the love of a great sheikh.
It was in depth analysis and a great education. Micah Richards was the only one who went against that, he just laughed a lot, and when he calmed down he put the success down to a magical feeling that you can’t explain,like waking up on Christmas morning.

Its a fucking disgrace, the whole thing.
I think the squad isn't as good as Klopp said it was on his announcement and I'm worried about the extent to which he had some of our players over-performing. Lots of questions around the level of players our more recent additions in Diaz, Nunez, Gravenberch, Szoboszlai they certainly have potential but I'm not super confident about their ability to fulfill it. Then there are more questions about established players and what level we can expect from them going forward. A lot of them are well off their best. Trent in particular seems to be an issue regarding his role. His return to the side seems to have impacted Macallister's ability to dictate the game. Robertson hasn't had his best season. Salah has been dreadful since AFCON. Even the players I am pretty confident in like Jota, Konate and Alisson seem to have injury problems. Virgil has had a pretty good season, but we still seem to be awful at keeping clean sheets.

There's honestly not any managerial talent around that's on Klopp's level. So I can understand the muted response of some. It's hard to be excited when you're losing a manager who put together one of, if not the greatest Liverpool side you've ever seen. But you have to give the new manager a chance or you may as well give up on football. Can't see a title challenge again next season, but will be disappointed if we don't make the CL.

It will be interesting at least to evaluate FSG's 'model' without Klopp. I can't say I've got much faith in it. Even with Klopp it seemed to offer zero margin for error. But at least we'll finally know the truth and end the debates on here lol.
V West Ham

Alisson
TAA Quansah VVD Robertson
Gravenberch Mac Alllister Elliot
Salah Gakpo Diaz

Score: 1-2 (LFC Win)
First goal: Gakpo
DP: 8
When you hear Dutch people pronounce his name it sounds like

Ahh-na

Sh-loot
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10