Author Topic: RAWK Preview: Sunderland v Liverpool Sunday 29th K.O.16:00  (Read 62453 times)

Offline serpentnebula

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: RAWK Preview: Sunderland v Liverpool Sunday 29th K.O.16:00
« Reply #240 on: September 28, 2013, 05:24:25 pm »
A couple of weeks ago I wasn't worried about this fixture - the situation has changed dramatically in that time though. I expect Sunderland to be bang up for it as they're under the spotlight. They will be out to prove that it was Di Canio and his tactics that caused their awful start, rather than their players being shit. That and our lackluster recent form means I'd take a draw. When you're having a bit of a blip, which we are right now, the priority is to stop the rot and restore everyone's confidence. A battling point would do that for me.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: September 28, 2013, 05:25:41 pm »
Massive opportunity tomorrow after results today. 3 points would make up for last weeks blip.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #242 on: September 28, 2013, 05:26:06 pm »
Looking at todays results again proves how much of a big chance this season offers for us.

We HAVE to reduce the number of our off days though, games like against Southampton, this season and last one, or Reading away shouldnīt be happening again from now on.

At the moment, itīs a matter of attitude and mentality in order to win those sort of games and as much as we still need some quality for raising our level we still offer enough for beating the likes of Sunderland, Southampton etc. If we do so, nothing can stop us this season. Itīs really up to the players..

We have to completely ignore and forget today's results. That's how the team should be thinking.  Of course, the results have gone in our favour, but we've seen historically with this team that when we seem to have a chance to win in light of the weekends results going our way, it seems to play on the players minds.

We need to concentrate on Sunderland, and that's it. None of this - if we win we could go top malarkey. Just go out and win the game and not worry about what's going on around you.
YWNA

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #243 on: September 28, 2013, 05:26:06 pm »
most important game of the season thus far........need to win ..and win well
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline LFCDynamic

• Legacy Fan
  • To support a team in bad times shows character!
    • LFCDynamic - I Have a Question
« Reply #244 on: September 28, 2013, 05:34:38 pm »
We need to perform well this Sunday,
more importantly we have to win and seize this opportunity of course.

I'm done stating the obvious... :P But, I do hope that Alberto comes in for Gerrard and gives him a rest he seems to be needing.

.........................Mignolet

Toure........Skrtel........Agger..........Enrique

Moses........Henderson...Alberto...Ibe/Sterling
..............................Suarez
............................Sturridge
To support a team in success is easy. But, to support a team even during bad times shows real character.

Offline Pricey

• Might actually be Petey.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: September 28, 2013, 05:35:29 pm »
---------Wisdom-----------Toure-----------Agger-----------Enrique------

---------------------------------Lucas------------------------------------

-------------------------Henderson---Gerrard--------------------------------

-------Moses--------------------Sturridge----------------Suarez---------

Get Henderson next to Lucas to help with fitness and ball retention. We DESPERATELY need more creativity in the final 3rd with Coutinho out and the only man for that job is Gerrard. Gerrard sitting deep being Mr Easy Ball pisses me off like you wouldn't believe, none of the others are capable of goals so push him on. We don't need two midfielders sat deep in this one so i'd let Gerrard bomb on. Team picks itself imo. Rest Sakho and put Toure inside, i think he's been our best defender this season. Can't be doing with centre halves playing full backs, i'd rather have an average full back there than a good centre back mainly for mobility. Wisdom is ok. That team should tear Sunderland to pieces.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: September 28, 2013, 05:35:47 pm »
We have to completely ignore and forget today's results.

Thatīs true. I think that was the problem against Southampton, we already thought it could be easy, we are getting overboad way too quickly.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Rouge

• Legacy Fan
  • Barnes to Molby!
« Reply #247 on: September 28, 2013, 05:48:38 pm »
Massive opportunity tomorrow after results today. 3 points would make up for last weeks blip.

absolutely right, you couldn't ask for a better run of results - this is what worries me, we have a tendency not to capitalise on other teams slip ups, hopefully that trend can also be rectified on Sunday.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #248 on: September 28, 2013, 05:53:56 pm »
How many times did we say this last season? Loads I think.

Still think this will be a difficult game.

Every game is difficult for us at the moment given we're not playing well offensively and don't really look like scoring. Suarez does give us the chance of scoring out of nothing which is good because we're serving up a whole load of nothing in the final third.

I think we'll struggle to play it out from the back tomorrow. Sunderlands pitch always seems crap to me. Slow and tacky and not great to play on.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline helmboy_nige

• A diplomat... except in the face of total morons
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: September 28, 2013, 06:13:02 pm »
Sunderland will feel more confident now as it sounds like Di Canio was a real monster with them. We need to come out really firing because the longer the game goes on without a goal the more worried we'll become.

3 at the back and tell Henderson to prove something against his former club by scoring a hat trick.

Offline steveeastend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: September 28, 2013, 06:21:06 pm »
Sunderland will feel more confident now as it sounds like Di Canio was a real monster with them.

It could be either way. Normally you donīt get convidence back quickly. I agree that we should attack and press them right away, there is chance them falling apart under our pressure.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline keeby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • turned down the job of katie perrys fluffer.....
« Reply #251 on: September 28, 2013, 06:23:18 pm »
After some good results elsewhere today, be great to see aspas up front, sturridge in reserve and suarez tormenting the woeful defence, it has to be 3 points to make up for the below par performance against Southampton.  Be a good to see a performance, in the second half to !

this time tomorrow we'll be higher up the table....
was on blankety blank once and came second.........

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: September 28, 2013, 06:25:19 pm »
With all the results so far falling our way, with them sacking their manager, with us on a mellow decline, I'm now pretty worried about this game. It just feels like brewing of one of those perfect clusterfuck storms we've had dozens of in recent years. I really hope it turns out differently and we beat them into submission and score freely.

Offline KingOfKop

• Main Stander
« Reply #253 on: September 28, 2013, 06:26:09 pm »
I'd drop Sturridge to the bench tomorrow, he really could do with that. Hasnt been any good in the last 2 games. Could be effective coming off the bench tomorrow
There'll be glory round the fields of Anfield Road.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #254 on: September 28, 2013, 06:29:17 pm »
Perfect results today, and depending on the Arsenal score a comfortable win for us tomorrow could see us back at the top of the league. Of course, this means we will almost certainly fuck it up, as is our wont.

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: September 28, 2013, 06:29:39 pm »
Based on results so far and if Swansea can hold/beat arsenal we could be top again this time tomorrow!

If it wasn't already - this has just become 'must win' for us.

Fuckin av it!!
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline steveeastend

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: September 28, 2013, 06:31:29 pm »
I'd drop Sturridge to the bench tomorrow,

Iīd say bench Gerrard and bring him on in the last 30 minutes. Massive impact in case something goes wrong and give him a proper rest.

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #257 on: September 28, 2013, 06:33:46 pm »
Just have to win tomorrow to show we're mentally strong enough to bounce back after last few games and after those results you can't help but  pray we do, can't remember the last time we ever capitalised on a result, we get ahead of ourselves far too easily.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 07:01:25 pm by Bunter »

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #258 on: September 28, 2013, 06:36:17 pm »
We really need a performance tomorrow, stay on terms with the early leaders whilst we're playing teams like Sunderland. Come on Swansea, be great to go top after 6 games.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: September 28, 2013, 06:37:07 pm »
I'd drop Sturridge to the bench tomorrow, he really could do with that. Hasnt been any good in the last 2 games. Could be effective coming off the bench tomorrow

He hasn't been any good because he's still paying with an injury. With Suarez back we should rest him for this but I get the feeling we may not.

Offline StrikingMidfield

• Legacy Fan
  • A red and green heart
« Reply #260 on: September 28, 2013, 06:44:15 pm »
Need 3 points tomorrow and nothing less. Make up for last weeks disappointments.
Liverpool FC - Seattle Sounders FC

Offline duelcandle

• Kemlynite
  • Adam & Callum forever
« Reply #261 on: September 28, 2013, 07:03:51 pm »
A must win yes must win after today's results!

Right from the start give Sunderland nothing to get exited about 2 or 3 nil will do fine.
Middle Linner

Online King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: September 28, 2013, 07:07:08 pm »
No excuse for not winning tomorrow.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: September 28, 2013, 07:10:40 pm »
I will just assume we will lose, then if we win I will be delighted.

If we win by 2 goals or more, I will be ecstatic
« Last Edit: September 28, 2013, 07:20:27 pm by Mr_Shane »

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: September 28, 2013, 07:30:59 pm »
The results have turned out very favorably for us in this round. We really need to take our opportunity and come away with 3 points in this game. A win will see us up there with Spurs (depending on how many score will determine our goal difference). It could be a nice confidence booster given our 3 relatively disappointing results of late.

Offline jfc

• Kopite
« Reply #265 on: September 28, 2013, 07:42:19 pm »
I'm nervous, I'd be so bloody happy with a win. I still think were conceding stupid goals, crosses that get fired across the box and corners. It's one of them games where we better not get bypassed early on.  I really want us to dominate like we did in the fixture last year after Fletcher scored

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: September 28, 2013, 07:43:30 pm »
Absolutely massive game tomorrow and an opportunity for some players to prove that they're not here to just go through the motions and pick up a pay check every week. I get the feeling that some of them feel they're irreplaceable, I'm sure that Brendan has had a word in their ear telling them to get their shit together.
No excuses tomorrow, Sunderland are the worst team in the league, complete fucking shite, we should hammer them.

Offline Rufus Bullimore

• Main Stander
« Reply #267 on: September 28, 2013, 07:45:00 pm »
Everyone except Arsenal fucked up. We'll mess this big opportunity like we always do.

There, my expectations have hit rock bottom. Surprise me, lads.  ::)

Offline CRAZY HORSE EMLYN

• Lives for twats
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: September 28, 2013, 07:47:19 pm »
be pragmatic if you like [and believe me I can see the weaknesses and inconsistencies in our game] but screw the jitters… we don't have a better opportunity than this to lay down a marker for the season than beat the bottom, managerless club, and prove that the early season form wasn't a fluke. suarez will be desperate to rout these, and just as many other players – gerrard, enrique, lucas, will be looking to put a few things right.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #269 on: September 28, 2013, 07:48:53 pm »
3 at the back   , Henderson in the middle and Suarez Sturridge and Moses up front

And 0-5 ;)

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #270 on: September 28, 2013, 07:49:54 pm »
Everyone except Arsenal fucked up. We'll mess this big opportunity like we always do.

expectations rock bottom.  WTF! :o

Offline Beninger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: September 28, 2013, 07:51:29 pm »
This game is going to show where our mentality is at.  Very winnable game, and a chance to make up for the last few league games we dropped points in.  Have to give it a go...

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #272 on: September 28, 2013, 07:51:45 pm »
We can improve our goal difference or we can fail big time. It all depends on that which team will score first.

Offline Stringer123

• Kopite
« Reply #273 on: September 28, 2013, 07:52:51 pm »

That's the spirit!

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: September 28, 2013, 07:53:44 pm »
A couple of weeks ago I wasn't worried about this fixture - the situation has changed dramatically in that time though. I expect Sunderland to be bang up for it as they're under the spotlight. They will be out to prove that it was Di Canio and his tactics that caused their awful start, rather than their players being shit. That and our lackluster recent form means I'd take a draw. When you're having a bit of a blip, which we are right now, the priority is to stop the rot and restore everyone's confidence. A battling point would do that for me.

I wouldn't take a battling point. We are a better team than them, so we should be winning. If we play to our potential there is no reason why we shouldn't win. We have got to start making these types of games count.

Irrespective of them being bottom of the league, there are no easy games in the league anymore - as today has proven once again. However, we need to approach these games with a stronger mentality. We gave Southampton too much respect and they made us pay.
YWNA

Offline Garcepticon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: September 28, 2013, 07:54:36 pm »
Sorry to contribute something so poor and unfounded. But it would be classic Liverpool 2009-2013 to lose this game.

Offline Rojo O Muerto

• Legacy Fan
  • LGTBQIA2S+
« Reply #276 on: September 28, 2013, 08:04:59 pm »
Sorry to contribute something so poor and unfounded. But it would be classic Liverpool 2009-2013 to lose this game.

Well I wouldn't say it's unfounded. It's in our nature. It's about time things changed though, hopefully tomorrow that happens.
If you can't support us when we're shartin', don't support us when we're fartin'

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: September 28, 2013, 08:06:02 pm »
Nowt but nervous. More confident of a win than against Southampton, though, because I think there will be a greater sense of realism amongst the players after the last few results. Also we're not playing a team who press the heck out of us and pass better than we do, which beats playing Swansea and the aforementioned Saintly ones.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #278 on: September 28, 2013, 08:07:34 pm »
This is a must win game. But so was the last league game... Not sure what to expect performance wise, Soton or United (cup)? If we show up, we will win.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: September 28, 2013, 08:15:20 pm »
The thing that will work in our favour is that Sunderland are under pressure to perform. They are at home and they need a result. They've also got rid of Di Canio, and it looks like players are happy with that decision. They will come out and play, and try and attack. That will help us because it will immediately become an open game, and with Sturridge and Suarez I feel we should be able to exploit that.
YWNA