Author Topic: a question for one of the mods  (Read 128931 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: a question for one of the mods
« Reply #760 on: July 15, 2023, 11:41:47 am »
I know what you mean Rob, a few exposed themselves.

More exposing themselves, sadly. It's a grim place when people can try and justify anything.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #761 on: July 15, 2023, 02:59:18 pm »
Some of the posters share absolutely nothing approaching the values we associate with Liverpool supporters and really should not be on this forum.

Aye mate. Too many posters exhibiting some bad Tory behaviour and reasoning on here.

They seem to think RAWK is twitter, facebook or reddit or something. Some are outright trolls or fishing, whilst some are more nuanced, maybe even contrarians / looking for the attention.

My 'ignore list' has certainly got a lot longer since the Saudi sportwashers started recruiting Liverpool 'legends' and targeting current players, and the dickheads started spouting bollocks to try and justify or excuse them.

Jill's right, as usual, this place is a lot more grim due to them.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #762 on: July 15, 2023, 04:12:23 pm »
I'm relatively new on RAWK -- I'm pretty damn sure if I was just now thinking of signing up, browsing the site over the past week or so would have killed the idea.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #763 on: July 15, 2023, 06:24:22 pm »
I'm relatively new on RAWK -- I'm pretty damn sure if I was just now thinking of signing up, browsing the site over the past week or so would have killed the idea.

Hasn’t put some of the dodgy new posters off…….. Albeit some of the more outre posts have come from more established names.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #764 on: July 15, 2023, 06:28:31 pm »
Hasn’t put some of the dodgy new posters off…….. Albeit some of the more outre posts have come from more established names.
no, but quite a few seem to have swarmed onto RAWK simply in order to post shite. be interesting to see how many do / don't hang around once the window ends.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: July 15, 2023, 06:59:21 pm »
From what I've managed to follow I'd say 4 or 5 have missed the point about Hendo's potential decision grossly, I could be wrong. We've banned a couple, not sure the exact number presently.

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #766 on: July 15, 2023, 07:23:46 pm »
And just to mention, registration has been closed for months.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: July 15, 2023, 08:31:06 pm »
And just to mention, registration has been closed for months.
interesting -- thanks for mentioning that Claire.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: July 16, 2023, 12:34:36 am »
More exposing themselves, sadly. It's a grim place when people can try and justify anything.
I take your point Jill, and empathise entirely, and have argued a fair bit with some people exhibiting some ugly reactionary politics. But I've actually really been massively heartened by the RAWK community.

Considering the tens of thousands of accounts on here, I think the small number of voices who seem to think life is to be lived for the self alone (and at the expense of others/community) is actually a real positive - especially in the grand scheme of the wider world we live in ('no such thing as society' stuff)

There's a lot of issues in the world, and it's easy for people to disengage a bit - and understandable, we can't all register all the ills in the world at once or we'd never get out of bed. I love seeing the united energy so many have here, more than i've been irked seeing socially conservative people (who'll intellectually dishonesly - or ignorantly - equivocate and pretend the UK having a bad democratic government is 'just as bad' as a theocratic state that tortures, imprisons and murders their regular citizens)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #769 on: July 16, 2023, 10:30:28 am »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_eQhtAh-SJM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_eQhtAh-SJM</a>
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #770 on: July 16, 2023, 03:26:08 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_eQhtAh-SJM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_eQhtAh-SJM</a>

What a bunch of twats! Never saw them in the Yates in Moorfields. ;D

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #771 on: July 29, 2023, 05:50:27 pm »
I've seen posts that have a company's website on them - is that allowed on RAWK?

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #772 on: July 29, 2023, 05:58:43 pm »
I've seen posts that have a company's website on them - is that allowed on RAWK?
Can you report them please. Self promotion or that of a company is a fairly universal breach of the rules unless express permission has been given.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #773 on: July 29, 2023, 06:08:23 pm »
sent you a PM.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #774 on: July 30, 2023, 07:37:31 am »
Have some posts been deleted en masse over the past day or two? Maybe a particular thread? Feel as though my post count is down but may be wrong.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: July 30, 2023, 12:23:27 pm »
Have some posts been deleted en masse over the past day or two? Maybe a particular thread? Feel as though my post count is down but may be wrong.
Henderson thread's gone I thnk

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #776 on: July 30, 2023, 07:52:59 pm »
Henderson thread's gone I thnk
Ah. Classic RAWK-washing

:P

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #777 on: July 31, 2023, 10:28:04 am »
Moved/merged with former players thread?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #778 on: July 31, 2023, 02:38:28 pm »
Not an issue, just curiosity, but why the locks and new threads for other clubs? (Everton, Arsenal, Utd etc)
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: July 31, 2023, 02:41:49 pm »
Not an issue, just curiosity, but why the locks and new threads for other clubs? (Everton, Arsenal, Utd etc)
Freshen things up :wave

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #780 on: August 1, 2023, 07:56:08 pm »
Maybe the Sadio Mane thread can now be unlocked, being as he’s on the move again. 

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: August 11, 2023, 07:19:47 pm »
Just noticed I have a warning for “posting a daily mail link”, but I don’t recall posting a link to the daily mail??  And why is that a warning in any case?
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Titi Camara

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: August 11, 2023, 07:26:00 pm »
Just noticed I have a warning for “posting a daily mail link”, but I don’t recall posting a link to the daily mail??  And why is that a warning in any case?
You posted a link to the Daily Mail in the Naby thread.

@July 17, 2023, 04:08:17 pm

Links to the Daily Heil are not permitted on the site, this is a long standing rule and is referenced in a pinned thread just above this one and in a pinned thread in the general sports board.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: August 11, 2023, 07:38:38 pm »
You posted a link to the Daily Mail in the Naby thread.

@July 17, 2023, 04:08:17 pm

Links to the Daily Heil are not permitted on the site, this is a long standing rule and is referenced in a pinned thread just above this one and in a pinned thread in the general sports board.

I honestly don’t remember mate and didn’t receive any warning message.

I’ll review the post on here about sites we can share links to. Cheers
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #784 on: August 12, 2023, 03:58:39 pm »
What do you guys mean by "muted"?

Suspend the poster for a while?

Delete the offending post?

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #785 on: August 12, 2023, 03:59:43 pm »
Muted means you can't post.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #786 on: August 12, 2023, 04:01:45 pm »
Ta.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #787 on: August 12, 2023, 05:06:33 pm »
Ta.

Muted essentially means no longer a RAWK baller, SamLad... ;)
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: August 12, 2023, 06:24:20 pm »
Muted essentially means no longer a RAWK baller, SamLad... ;)
you spelled "bawler" incorrectly.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #789 on: August 12, 2023, 07:18:26 pm »
you spelled "bawler" incorrectly.

;D

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #790 on: August 21, 2023, 03:22:48 pm »
Can the Man Utd thread please be opened? The decision on Mason Greenwood has now been made, is it this subject that's keeping it closed? Thanks!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #791 on: August 27, 2023, 07:53:42 pm »
Can we unlock the Joe Gomez thread, please?

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #792 on: August 27, 2023, 08:40:27 pm »
Can we unlock the Joe Gomez thread, please?

Done

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #793 on: August 27, 2023, 08:49:30 pm »

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #794 on: August 29, 2023, 09:42:33 am »
Can I ask why AL’s username and pic has been changed? If he’s breaking the rules, ban him. what you’ve done just encourages the more toxic type of posting imo. There’s been a helpful comment from cara in the Endo thread about some of the less healthy aspects of the culture here and I don’t think mods doing what they’ve done to AL’s profile helps.

Carra’s post for reference.

agreed.

don't tend to generalise about rawk much, but things feel different recently. stuff like this (a blowup over nothing, with an odd justification to excuse the attacks - 'the other posters don't share my exact mood!') has become really normalised in other threads in recent months, including from decent posters. it really seems to have contributed to a recent culture shift, where people have felt emboldened and justified piling in on people who see things differently to them.

this is a football opinion forum, it's going to happen. but the way that some people have handled that lately (following people round, sniping their every opinion - often in groups - and then mentioning the posts other places to encourage other posters to join the pile-ons) bears more similarities to bullying than it does to like-minded sympathising about some posters not not being as positive (ironic) as other posters want them to be

And here’s a post defending the personal insults with the name change.
There's a reason he's been given a new name and Avatar. Already whining about a highly regarded player who's barely been here 5 minutes, barely knows our system (or his teammates!), and who's played about 90 minutes of football - mostly when we've had 10 men...

It was the same with Minamino - a fan favourite who worked his arse off and scored vital goals, but the braying donkey spouted 20+ posts of criticism within an hour of his last minute winner in the cup.

I hope Endo is a big success - mainly because he's a Liverpool player and I want everyone to do well for us. But also to shove the unjustified and premature criticism back down the throats of the mood hoovers, who exist purely to get attention and piss over any optimism.

It's modern football fans personified - no patience, no context, and no support.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2023, 09:47:18 am by Knight »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #795 on: August 29, 2023, 01:09:45 pm »
Can this thread be deleted/merged

Didn't realise oojason had already made one

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=354698.0
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #796 on: August 29, 2023, 01:44:20 pm »
Can I ask why AL’s username and pic has been changed?

I've seen ppl responding to eeyeore calling him Al but to be honest I wasn't sure if they were being sarky or serious.

is eeyore Al?  if so, agree with Knight.  why is this allowed?  other boards I'm familiar with screen for this and it's 100% not possible.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #797 on: August 29, 2023, 01:46:35 pm »
I got my username changed one. Was the worst thing in the world. Truth be told, I'm still not happy at being described as a Mod's sex toy.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #798 on: August 29, 2023, 02:45:54 pm »
Can I ask why AL’s username and pic has been changed? If he’s breaking the rules, ban him. what you’ve done just encourages the more toxic type of posting imo. There’s been a helpful comment from cara in the Endo thread about some of the less healthy aspects of the culture here and I don’t think mods doing what they’ve done to AL’s profile helps.

Carra’s post for reference.

And here’s a post defending the personal insults with the name change.

:lmao

This place used to be full of name changes, in-jokes, characters who'd posted on RAWK for years. It was part of the culture of the site and formed its own little society. I'm quite happy to admit that I changed Al's username (not his photo mind). It was a light hearted bit of fun that I've not heard Al himself complain about? If he had, I'd have changed it back instantly. I didn't change it to anything rude, disrespectful or offensive. Al is one of the site's most established posters and I would hope he'd take the change in the spirit with which it was intended.

I have absolutely no idea why people on this thread are complaining about something that has nothing to do with them. Bore off, and Al please let me know if you want to chat about it.

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #799 on: August 29, 2023, 02:55:13 pm »
:lmao

This place used to be full of name changes, in-jokes, characters who'd posted on RAWK for years. It was part of the culture of the site and formed its own little society. I'm quite happy to admit that I changed Al's username (not his photo mind). It was a light hearted bit of fun that I've not heard Al himself complain about? If he had, I'd have changed it back instantly. I didn't change it to anything rude, disrespectful or offensive. Al is one of the site's most established posters and I would hope he'd take the change in the spirit with which it was intended.

I have absolutely no idea why people on this thread are complaining about something that has nothing to do with them. Bore off, and Al please let me know if you want to chat about it.

Used to be a mark of status to get your screen name changed. No consultation, just deal with it, precious... :D

The mis-spelling change in mine was/is funny. I won't change it back. :wave