Author Topic: Coverage of The Slovenia Game from outside UK. BBC vs RTE  (Read 3116 times)

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
Coverage of The Slovenia Game from outside UK. BBC vs RTE
« on: June 25, 2010, 02:30:40 pm »
Alan Hansen (BBC): "Once England got the goal the confidence levels surged, they were excellent."
Eamon Dunphy (RTE): "They just didn't grow in confidence at all after the goal."
Gary Lineker (BBC): "The goal really settled them, didn't it? They pushed on from there."
Ronnie Whelan (RTE): "You'd think they'd have kicked on from when they scored, but they actually got worse."
Roy Hodgson (BBC): "England's crossing has been absolutely outstanding."
John Giles (RTE): "Some of the crossing was just awful."
Alan Shearer (BBC): "Rooney looks more confident, he's getting around the pitch a lot better."
Eamon Dunphy: "It's shocking to see Rooney so subdued, he's been reduced to a shivering wreck."
Alan Shearer: "They look much more comfortable on the ball, they're passing it with a purpose, with pace, they're closing down – a much better performance, it's encouraging."
John Giles: "They're much better than they have been, but they couldn't have been worse."
Lee Dixon (BBC): "A great performance."
Eamon Dunphy: "Shocking . . . absolutely incredibly bad . . . pretty awful stuff."
Alan Hansen: "The commitment was there, the spirit was there, the enterprise was there, the creativity was there, they passed it better – they could have scored five or six quite easily. Capello will obviously be delighted with the performance."
John Giles: "If that's the shackles off what'll they be like when the shackles are back on?"
'Arry Redknapp (BBC): "We played with pace, we got after them, we pressed them, there wasn't a weakness in the team."
Dunphy: "They were astonishingly poor."
Lineker: "He looked more like the Rooney we know."
Whelan: "Rooney is a major worry, his form, his body language, his demeanour, everything."
Dixon: "Gerrard was outstanding."
Dunphy: "I can't believe how bad Gerrard was today."
'Arry: "Across midfield we were top drawer."
Giles: "Barry got worse as the game went on, Milner, Gerrard and Lampard the same."
'Arry: "Bring it on! Whoever we play we'll be difficult to beat."
Ronnie: "If they don't improve they'll go straight out, it was a very, very inept performance."

;D
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline covi2k2

• Kopite
  • Who's Suarez ?
    • my photy hobbies :)
Re: Coverage of The Slovenia Game from outside UK. BBC vs RTE
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 02:40:53 pm »
BBC never mentioned any of the slovenia chances, the scraps in the middel of the box, more interested in BRAVE JOHN TERRY's fish dive.
There isn't a chance in hell that we'll win the league in the coming season.

My expectations are currently at 0%

www.ribsphotos.co.uk :)

Offline the jesus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2010, 03:06:56 pm »
BBC never mentioned any of the slovenia chances, the scraps in the middel of the box, more interested in BRAVE JOHN TERRY's fish dive.

True but you can't hold RTE with Dunphy and Whelan up as a yardstick for broadcasting standards.
"We just stand beside each other, and help each other. And we make sure that what we’re doing, we’re doing correctly"- Kenny

“When you’re lost in a fog you must stick together. Then you don’t get lost. If there’s one secret to Liverpool, that’s it.” - Bob

Offline redtom

• Main Stander
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2010, 04:23:50 pm »
I watched the match and thought england were pretty gash, then to hear the things being said about them on the BBC just made my hear hurt... Also they didnt mention the fucking 4-5-1 formation they have been going on about when they were winning I noticed

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2010, 05:16:44 pm »
True but you can't hold RTE with Dunphy and Whelan up as a yardstick for broadcasting standards.
Damn right. They talk as much shite as anybody else they're just more entertaining when they do it.

Offline belfast-connection

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2010, 05:20:46 pm »
on another point i've flicked from RTE to BBC a few times when watching matches and it's pretty clear that the beeb are tuning out/down the vuvuzelas and turning up the ambient crowd noise

they just won't turn down lawro's commentary though  :no
HE SAID ‘BIGGER’ PEOPLE ‘BIGGER’. OK, MOVE ALONG PEOPLE, THERE’S NOTHING TO SEE HERE

Offline redtom

• Main Stander
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2010, 06:33:40 pm »
on another point i've flicked from RTE to BBC a few times when watching matches and it's pretty clear that the beeb are tuning out/down the vuvuzelas and turning up the ambient crowd noise

they just won't turn down lawro's commentary though  :no

no matter which toilet roll you use sometimes you still end up with shit on your fingers
« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 01:22:36 pm by redtom »

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2010, 06:41:26 pm »
BBC/ITV pundits may go over the top when it comes to England, but Giles, Dunphy and Whealan are three of the most complete fuckwits you're every likely to see on TV. Full of mind-boggling shite, not worth listening to in the slightest. You'd be better off asking Helen Keller for an analysis on the game.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline janmolbyslovechild

• Anny Roader
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2010, 06:46:15 pm »
Hold the front page, 'Republic of Ireland commentator in anti-England shocker'.

It wasn't as bad as the Irish guys made out and it wasn't as good as the BBC made out!

Shouldn't this be in the World Cup forum?
Great days have gone, more will come!!!

Offline RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2010, 06:56:12 pm »

Shouldn't this be in the World Cup forum?

It is. Someone else posted it in the BBC v ITV thread, and it's been discussed in there:
http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=259285.0

Not sure why this is in the Off the Pitch section. I can't see that this has anything to with Liverpool.

Online exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2010, 06:59:04 pm »
Thats because RTE employs bitter xenaphobes.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2010, 06:48:28 pm »
BBC/ITV pundits may go over the top when it comes to England, but Giles, Dunphy and Whealan are three of the most complete fuckwits you're every likely to see on TV. Full of mind-boggling shite, not worth listening to in the slightest. You'd be better off asking Helen Keller for an analysis on the game.

You obviously enjoy anodyne, PR-vetted, painfully rehearsed "insights" like "Rooney is getting around the pitch better"  and "witticisms" that make Stephen Hawking sound like Bill Hicks. Fair enough.
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2010, 06:51:06 pm »
Thats because RTE employs bitter xenaphobes.

Faced with a choice between bitter xenophobia and something that has all the controversy of a press release for a new type of power drill i know which I prefer.
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face