Author Topic: Hillsborough - Inquest Verdicts - Tuesday 26th April  (Read 169544 times)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
Re: Hillsborough - Inquest Verdicts - Tuesday 26th April
« Reply #960 on: April 27, 2016, 08:54:46 pm »
5live is unbelievable.

In a good way or a bad one? I feel I know the answer already, but ...

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #961 on: April 27, 2016, 09:03:00 pm »
Phil Scraton, David Conn, Neil Fitzmaurice with Kelly Cates. How it got to 27 years is just unfathomable. Available for download as a podcast later.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #962 on: April 27, 2016, 09:05:26 pm »
In a good way or a bad one? I feel I know the answer already, but ...

Harrowing way, had to turn it off, couple of survivors giving full detail of there experience of that day, & afterwards.
#Sausages

Offline Elisha Scott

• Main Stander
« Reply #963 on: April 27, 2016, 09:15:51 pm »
Phil Scraton brilliant on 5Live - on now.

An amazing hero.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #964 on: April 27, 2016, 09:17:55 pm »

An amazing hero.

Yes I urge everyone reading to tune in.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #965 on: April 27, 2016, 09:18:22 pm »

An amazing hero.

Pure eloquence and such a grasp of detail.

This is a fantastic documentary.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #966 on: April 27, 2016, 09:20:14 pm »
Hope someone can post a link..

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #967 on: April 27, 2016, 09:21:57 pm »
Hope someone can post a link..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_five_live

realised there are 8 mins left but think it's downloadable afterwards.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #968 on: April 27, 2016, 09:22:19 pm »
Will be available as a podcast from 5Live Kelly Cates has said.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #969 on: April 27, 2016, 09:22:36 pm »
Excellent speech by Andy Burnham, let's hope that plenty of actions follow those words.
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #970 on: April 27, 2016, 09:30:30 pm »
Will be available as a podcast from 5Live Kelly Cates has said.

Hopefully to those outside the UK.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #971 on: April 27, 2016, 09:32:26 pm »

So do I. Incredibly emotional piece of radio.

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #973 on: April 27, 2016, 09:40:27 pm »

Sure it will be. One way or another.

Link to programme: http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b07864c5
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #974 on: April 27, 2016, 09:42:10 pm »
The short clip on the link I posted is available outside the UK.

as is the link Zeb posted.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2016, 09:44:15 pm by Belshie »

Offline AnfieldRD19

• Not worried at all about his manbuddy.
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #975 on: April 27, 2016, 09:46:14 pm »
Excellent speech by Andy Burnham, let's hope that plenty of actions follow those words.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/the-97th-hillsborough-victim-fan-sold-ticket-to-friend-who-died-in-disaster-8142470.html

I never knew there was a 97th victim until I saw Burnham's speech this morning. Christ man, I haven't stopped thinking about that guy this entire day I feel so bad for him and his family.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #976 on: April 27, 2016, 09:46:25 pm »
I get BBC Sport podcasts off and App called PlayerFM.  I'm sure it'll be on there soon enough.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #977 on: April 27, 2016, 09:46:38 pm »
Thanks for checking Belshie.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #978 on: April 27, 2016, 09:49:50 pm »
Thanks for checking Belshie.
Listening now thanks for the link.

Offline Paragon

• of Virtue. David N'Gog's biggest fan, why did we sell?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #979 on: April 27, 2016, 09:50:19 pm »
Andy Burnham's speech in the house of Commons was bloody fantastic.
Would be even more fun if you could stand up to a hook to the jaw for being a snidey bastard. But then that's reality! No one needs to 'swim or drown' in a coward's paradise.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #980 on: April 27, 2016, 09:52:33 pm »
Fucking hell that man is as much a hero/legend as anyone ever associated with our Club.  yes, he is right up there with Shankly, Paisley and Kenny in my eyes.  The WORK he has done for so many years, Prof Scraton, a hero and should be beatified in my opinion.

So glad he works at my old Uni.  But can't wait to see the whole 5live broadcast.. that snippet was wonderful. He speaks so well and intelligently, I could listen to him for hours.  I can't imagine how much time he put in at home in the evenings/nights for more than 25 years to dissect and unravel the truth.

In reality, while we rightfully bow to the tenacity of the families, were it not for the efforts, meticulous attention to every detail, profound intellectual ability, and a gutfelt desire to see the truth emerge of Professor Scraton, then there is very little chance the justice would have been obtained.

Frankly the scholar deserves to be honoured beyond riches.

Offline ATEAMOFCARRAGHERS

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #981 on: April 27, 2016, 09:53:08 pm »
Just walked home from town after attending the vigil at St Georges Hall. Took me a while. Spent the time thanking my lucky stars that I'm a scouser. This city never ever fails to amaze me.
I loved the speeches by the family members. Especially the one from Anne Williams brother. Walked home feeling as they said an extra 2 inches taller.
King Kenny.  My hero. Their again showing true humility. Love that man.
Sorry lads. Just wanted to say how proud I am of our City our fans and the families of the 96. And I'd like to say thanks to my dad who's passed now. He was a true hero at Hillsborough he helped save many. As well as saving my life too. God bless dad. We got the Justice we deserved. YNWA.

15/4/89 never forgotten.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #982 on: April 27, 2016, 09:53:52 pm »
Fucking hell that man is as much a hero/legend as anyone ever associated with our Club.  yes, he is right up there with Shankly, Paisley and Kenny in my eyes.  The WORK he has done for so many years, Prof Scraton, a hero and should be beatified in my opinion.

So glad he works at my old Uni.  But can't wait to see the whole 5live broadcast.. that snippet was wonderful. He speaks so well and intelligently, I could listen to him for hours.  I can't imagine how much time he put in at home in the evenings/nights for more than 25 years to dissect and unravel the truth.

In reality, while we rightfully bow to the tenacity of the families, were it not for the efforts, meticulous attention to every detail, profound intellectual ability, and a gutfelt desire to see the truth emerge of Professor Scraton, then there is very little chance the justice would have been obtained.

Frankly the scholar deserves to be honoured beyond riches.
It's available now Shaun just click the link Zeb posted.

Offline norecat

• Kopite
« Reply #983 on: April 27, 2016, 10:00:12 pm »
To go to a football match and to die in the stadium (outside of natural causes) is simply unforgivable.
To allow more people into a confined space exacerbating an already dangerous situation and ultimately causing people to be crushed to death is unforgivable.
To somehow concoct a narrative to the effect that the fans were to blame for the death of other fans is unforgivable.
To say that fans somehow contributed to or caused their own death is unforgivable.
To smear the names of those who died in a stadium tragedy is unforgivable.
To allow a comprehensibly false narrative to cast a shadow over the good names of innocent people for 27 years is unforgivable.
For it to take 27 years for the truth to be comprehensively revealed is unforgivable.

It has taken a tragedy of an unspeakable scale to permit mankind to show its better face. The families who have with dignity and utmost integrity pursued the truth about what happened at Hillsborough deserve the highest respect one can afford them. Their diligence and persistence in the pursuit of the truth is awe inspiring. How very sad that Anne Williams one of the leading campaigners of the Hillsborough family didn't live to see this day.
The greatest achievement of any football manager in the England is that of Kenny Dalglish. Forget winning leagues, F.A. Cups, and European Cups etc. At the darkest day for Liverpool Football Club Kenny Dalglish rose to the occasion. As much as any human being could do he guided Liverpool through its darkest days with the utmost dignity and integrity. He put himself, the club and the playing staff at the service of those who had the greatest cause to the grieve the families of the bereaved. They visited the sick in hospital, attended funerals, and as best they could tried to comfort the grieving families. His leadership was stunning and remember he was only 38 at the time of Hillsborough.

From the darkest day in the history of the club has emerged its greatest victory. The truth.

Offline cowtownred

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #984 on: April 27, 2016, 10:01:56 pm »
Will do Tony.

But at the risk of repeating myself, Prof Scraton is a wonderful man.  I rather fear he is another of the unconsidered Hillsborough victims.  I bet his leisure time, and his family time sufferred hugely while he spent hundreds of hours every month for 25+ years going through papers, speaking to survivors, trying to eke information from places that closed ranks on him.  I can't begin to imagine how hard he worked all those years.  And in his understated but supremely intelligent way, got doors open that nobody else ever could.

What a hero he is, but I guarantee he doesn't think that.

When all this gets laid to rest, it would be very fitting if we on RAWK could petition/pressure/nominate Phil Scraton for some kind of award.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #985 on: April 27, 2016, 10:09:35 pm »
Will do Tony.

But at the risk of repeating myself, Prof Scraton is a wonderful man.

When all this gets laid to rest, it would be very fitting if we on RAWK could petition/pressure/nominate Phil Scraton for some kind of award.
yep agree.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #986 on: April 27, 2016, 10:11:18 pm »
The man was incredible tonight. He is the sweet silver song of the lark.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #987 on: April 27, 2016, 10:24:37 pm »
yep agree.

A minor issue, but Sky are incorrect in that image you have as your avatar. They have the answer to Q11 as yes, when it should be no.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline electricghost

• Might haunt your wiring, but will usually stop if requested to. Lives in a spirit house in Pra Kanong.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #988 on: April 27, 2016, 10:33:23 pm »
A minor issue, but Sky are incorrect in that image you have as your avatar. They have the answer to Q11 as yes, when it should be no.

Does it not say "may" in that question, I can't see it's too small ?
“With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.”
― Steven Weinberg

Offline KiNki

• Smicer devotee supreme, Sammy Lee impersonator extraordinaire.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • i am an_nik_ki.
    • http://hfdinfo.com/digital
« Reply #989 on: April 27, 2016, 10:35:44 pm »
Will do Tony.

But at the risk of repeating myself, Prof Scraton is a wonderful man.  I rather fear he is another of the unconsidered Hillsborough victims.  I bet his leisure time, and his family time sufferred hugely while he spent hundreds of hours every month for 25+ years going through papers, speaking to survivors, trying to eke information from places that closed ranks on him.  I can't begin to imagine how hard he worked all those years.  And in his understated but supremely intelligent way, got doors open that nobody else ever could.

absolutely.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #990 on: April 27, 2016, 10:37:46 pm »
Does it not say "may" in that question, I can't see it's too small ?

Apologies, you are correct. Just looked it up, and didn't realise there was an 11a

Question 11: conduct of Sheffield Wednesday FC on the day of the match
Advertisement

Was there any error or omission by SWFC and its staff on 15 April 1989 which caused or contributed to the dangerous situation that developed at the Leppings Lane turnstiles and in the west terrace?

Jury’s answer: No.

11a If “no”, was there any error or omission by SWFC and its staff on 15 April 1989 which may have caused or contributed to the dangerous situation that developed at the Leppings Lane turnstiles and in the west terrace?

Jury’s answer: Yes

They had a similar image on Sky News, rather than Sky Sports, that had Q11 as Yes. Odd that they would use different images.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Branno

• Legacy Fan
  • Melbourne Scouse!
« Reply #991 on: April 27, 2016, 10:55:31 pm »
Anyone else just constantly taking deep breathes and smiling?......in that "it's over" sort of way?. Never slept so well in the last 24 hours. I'm at peace
"I know this is a sad occasion but I think that Dixie would be amazed to know that even in death he could draw a bigger crowd than Everton can on a Saturday afternoon"......Bill Shankly

Offline Veinticinco de Mayo

• Almost as nice as Hellmans and cheaper too! Feedback tourist #57. President of ZATAA.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In an aeroplane over RAWK
« Reply #992 on: April 27, 2016, 10:56:01 pm »
Finally!  Justice is served.  Accountability and reponsibility is a coming knocking for Duckenfield, Middup and co
Tweeting shit about LFC @kevhowson Tweeting shit about music @GigMonkey2
Bill Shankly - 'The socialism I believe in is not really politics; it is humanity, a way of living and sharing the rewards'

Offline cowtownred

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #993 on: April 27, 2016, 10:58:27 pm »
 :thumbup :thumbup
Finally!  Justice is served.  Accountability and reponsibility is a coming knocking for Duckenfield, Middup and co

Yes. :thumbup

• Almost as nice as Hellmans and cheaper too! Feedback tourist #57. President of ZATAA.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #994 on: April 27, 2016, 10:59:37 pm »
I'd reserve those for those who were there mate.  I reckon Phil will get a good word in from Andy Burnham once the Tories burn in a post Euro referendum schism and Jezzer leads us to the socialist promised land :)
Bill Shankly - 'The socialism I believe in is not really politics; it is humanity, a way of living and sharing the rewards'

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #995 on: April 27, 2016, 10:59:51 pm »
Its lovely isn't it ?

Offline OLDIE

• WORLDIE
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #996 on: April 27, 2016, 11:00:17 pm »

Well I never thought it could be summed up so easily - Sir, take a bow !

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #997 on: April 27, 2016, 11:00:46 pm »
:thumbup :thumbup
Yes. :thumbup

Ive been off here and just on social media for so long I was looking for a LIKE button!  Alright feller

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #998 on: April 27, 2016, 11:04:13 pm »
Its lovely isn't it ?

It is. Definitely.  But at the same time it should never have come to this. The interim Taylor report was the prelude to this outcome but the establishment disgracefully protected their own for another 26 years. If drug dealers can have their ill gotten gains seized then the same should go for those who have lived on pensions they did not deserve for 26 years.

Offline cowtownred

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #999 on: April 27, 2016, 11:06:12 pm »
Ive been off here and just on social media for so long I was looking for a LIKE button!  Alright feller

Struggling on mate.

Feel better today.