Author Topic: Jose Manuel Reina  (Read 273811 times)

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jose Manuel Reina
« Reply #120 on: April 18, 2011, 07:02:54 pm »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #121 on: April 18, 2011, 07:06:18 pm »
He is a top keeper but was was he doing for that missed punch where they hit the bar? He is prone to miscalculations on crosses.
are you blind?....
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline King Kenny07

• Main Stander
  • JFT96
« Reply #122 on: April 18, 2011, 07:08:58 pm »
I'll say what I've said in countless other Pepe threads, moaning about how he is going to leave will make him want to go even more, the only thing that will make him want to stay is to sing his song at every oppertunity and start giving the guy every ounce of credit that he deserves (alot more that he is getting)!
Bill Shankly speaking To Alan Ball after he'd signed for Everton - 'Never mind Alan, at least you'll be able to play next to a great team.'

Offline reddd10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: April 18, 2011, 07:26:27 pm »
Pepe Reina Oficial:

The best thing about winning the World Cup was to enjoy the happiness with all Spain. Now I want to share with all Spain, the happiness of helping children with Brain Paralysis. Vote NIPACE

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #124 on: April 18, 2011, 07:27:56 pm »
Pepe Reina Oficial:

The best thing about winning the World Cup was to enjoy the happiness with all Spain. Now I want to share with all Spain, the happiness of helping children with Brain Paralysis. Vote NIPACE

Top guy.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #125 on: April 18, 2011, 07:35:13 pm »
Because they're loyal to a local Catalan and he's a very good keeper. But he's not in Pepe's (or Iker's) class.
This year Barca have a different Valdez in goal, very different. He's been immense, far better than Saint Iker who's form was 'mediocre' by his standards. I've watched Iker since he was 17 and I think he may be a bit on the decline. But I'd agree with Mr Dilkington that Valdes and Pepe are about on par now. Except that Pepe has always been on that level while Valdes had only one season.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: April 18, 2011, 07:41:59 pm »
Valdez has been world class for a few years now. Time and time again he does for them what Pepe does for us. He's definitely in the top class in my opinion. Put it this way, Barca would have no reason to replace him even if a player like Pepe came on the Market. Valdez is perfect for them, hes an immense sweeper, his distribution is first class and he has the focus to save a match winning goal after having absolutely nothing to do for 80 minutes prior. He has the same qualities Pepe and Iker have.
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline koppitekop11

• dog shit
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: April 18, 2011, 07:45:25 pm »
The thing is though Pepe has to show his qualities every single game whereas Iker and Valdez dont (and if they do its only once or twice).

Thats why I tihnk Pepe is the best in the world and I wouldnt replace him with anyone. Spain are fekin blessed with top class GK's!
PSN: Pig-Swill     Xbox Live: PigSwill23
there's been a few nights ive had to relieve myself with her beside me in the bed, in fairness to her, she made some sex noises which helped me along the way

Offline Greg

• RAWK Statto
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • http://www.twitter.com/@paintbox_
« Reply #128 on: April 18, 2011, 07:49:48 pm »
If we sing his song, 3 times per match, for all of our remaining games, then he'll be more likely to stay.

Let him know how much we appreciate him. We sing about Maxi Rodriguez more than we do Reina. We couldn't wait to break into the Judas Torres song, even when he couldn't be arsed playing for us. And now the Suarez song is the new thing.

It's obvious we all appreciate him, but it might help if we make it fucking obvious that we all love him to bits.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: April 18, 2011, 07:51:33 pm »
he´s the best keeper in world, not saying this becouse he is ours, he is. He´s at best age, in best league, with not the best defence...yet he is one of the best in statistics...

He is best, he is proving it in every match.. and many non Liverpool fans tell me he is top keeper in premier league...for me there is no Keeper except maybe VdS with the experience and statistics like Pepe..

think about what defence the other top teams have... comparing to ours...

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #130 on: April 18, 2011, 08:03:37 pm »
Valero went to Inter with Rafa didn't he? In which case, where is he now? Wouldn't be a bad move to get him back at the club given his  relationship with Pepe.
More than lilkely staying loyal to Rafa and waiting to follow him to his next club...

Offline HariLFC

• Kopite
  • Walk on with hope in your heart.
« Reply #131 on: April 19, 2011, 10:34:12 am »
http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/reina-kenny-just-like-guardiola

"Next time, we need to make sure that doesn't happen."

Sounds like he's thinking of next season already.

Offline Toby Twos

• hurrah... hurrah...
  • Main Stander
« Reply #132 on: April 19, 2011, 10:43:06 am »

"Next time, we need to make sure that doesn't happen."

Sounds like he's thinking of next season already.

Just seen that, very encouraging, tallys with what iv read on another forum about him staying

Offline Rotation

• fuck u. Rory's biggest fan.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pepe Reina is a Scouser...
« Reply #133 on: April 19, 2011, 10:44:37 am »
Reina is boss.
ynwa

Offline ScouseGirl

• culé
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JJoanneuk is a ScouseGirl
« Reply #134 on: April 19, 2011, 10:47:41 am »
on a purely shallow note, he is HOT AS HELL :P :P :P
R.I.P Ray Osbourne AKA Shanklyboy, A Man I have never met but will remember in my prayers.

Offline ThePrufeshanul

• Bastard child of Jose Mourinho and Maggie Thatcher
  • Kopite
  • ..whose game is tighter than Suarez's shirt says..
« Reply #135 on: April 19, 2011, 10:49:29 am »
Pepe Reina Oficial:

He's adopting Balotelli?
"Lucas Leiva? That kid had more passes than Paris Hilton on Mastermind!"
"The funniest thing of all though is an agricultural long ball centre half not trusting the ability on the ball of some one who starts for Brazil precisely because of his passing ability." - Al555

Offline The Red artist.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • With hope in your heart.
« Reply #136 on: April 19, 2011, 10:51:08 am »
are you blind?....

Bit of a silly comment lad, if Pepe has a weakness its in the air, not much of one but its there. Until he sorts that part of his game out he'll always be second to Clem for me, still a great keeper like and we have to keep him.

Hopefully he stays long enough to maybe dethrown Clem.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2011, 10:53:07 am by The Red artist. »
Y.N.W.A....J.F.T.96.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #137 on: April 19, 2011, 10:53:01 am »
Reina: Kenny just like Guardiola

Pepe Reina has compared Kenny Dalglish to Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola and believes the team have improved a great deal since our former No.7 returned as manager.

The Reds' stopper was a teammate of the Catalans' coach during their days at the Nou Camp and has watched from afar as he has made a spectacular transition from the pitch to the dugout.

Guardiola has attained legendary status as both a player and manager in Spain and our No.25 is well aware of the similarities with Dalglish.

"Guardiola is a bit younger than him of course," Reina joked as he spoke exclusively to LFC Weekly this week.

"But they have very similar backgrounds - icons as players and great managers as well. It is important that he [Dalglish] knows the club.

"He's a legend in Liverpool - and I mean a legend because sometimes that word is used too much for other people. Kenny knows exactly what the people (of the city) think and what the supporters want to see.

"Because he was a great player himself, he understands the point of view of a player and that means he knows how to set standards and what is acceptable. He makes everything much easier for us."

That relationship with the players has been a major catalyst in Liverpool's upturn in fortunes after Dalglish took the helm back in January.

Reina added: "We have improved since Kenny became manager. We have beaten the big teams. But it is important as players to repeat that in every game. We need to be consistent...with the aggression, commitment...everything.

"We cannot just perform against the top sides because a season is 10 months long. If we get the balance right, we'll be a lot, lot closer to where we want to be. We started this season and the last one not the best. Next time, we need to make sure that doesn't happen."

The full Reina interview where he talks about Suarez, Carroll, Flanagan and life after football, is in this week's LFC Weekly.

Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: April 19, 2011, 10:58:24 am »
Valero went to Inter with Rafa didn't he? In which case, where is he now? Wouldn't be a bad move to get him back at the club given his  relationship with Pepe.

Then we should bring this lad back as well

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2011, 10:59:20 am »
god i hope this man stays.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline lfcbob

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh campione
« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2011, 11:01:18 am »
Then we should bring this lad back as well

The famous Pako Ayestarán  :o
“Everything will be ok in the end. If it’s not ok, it’s not the end.”

Offline Vicsta

• Main Stander
« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2011, 11:01:23 am »
Reina: Kenny just like Guardiola

Pepe Reina has compared Kenny Dalglish to Barcelona boss Pep Guardiola and believes the team have improved a great deal since our former No.7 returned as manager.

The Reds' stopper was a teammate of the Catalans' coach during their days at the Nou Camp and has watched from afar as he has made a spectacular transition from the pitch to the dugout.

Guardiola has attained legendary status as both a player and manager in Spain and our No.25 is well aware of the similarities with Dalglish.

"Guardiola is a bit younger than him of course," Reina joked as he spoke exclusively to LFC Weekly this week.

"But they have very similar backgrounds - icons as players and great managers as well. It is important that he [Dalglish] knows the club.

"He's a legend in Liverpool - and I mean a legend because sometimes that word is used too much for other people. Kenny knows exactly what the people (of the city) think and what the supporters want to see.

"Because he was a great player himself, he understands the point of view of a player and that means he knows how to set standards and what is acceptable. He makes everything much easier for us."

That relationship with the players has been a major catalyst in Liverpool's upturn in fortunes after Dalglish took the helm back in January.

Reina added: "We have improved since Kenny became manager. We have beaten the big teams. But it is important as players to repeat that in every game. We need to be consistent...with the aggression, commitment...everything.

"We cannot just perform against the top sides because a season is 10 months long. If we get the balance right, we'll be a lot, lot closer to where we want to be. We started this season and the last one not the best. Next time, we need to make sure that doesn't happen."

The full Reina interview where he talks about Suarez, Carroll, Flanagan and life after football, is in this week's LFC Weekly.

Biggest hint yet that he could stay? I can't imagine another team to be so gutted at the prospect of losing a keeper for around 20million pound's. Just shows how important the guy is to our plans. He is also so class on and off the pitch, and I just love that he and the rest of the squad have so much respect for kenny, it's how it should be!

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2011, 11:57:01 am »
That interview makes me happy.

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #143 on: April 19, 2011, 11:59:00 am »
Next time, we need to make sure that doesn't happen."

next time- next season...he's staying
"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline tjtaylor182

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #144 on: April 19, 2011, 12:02:30 pm »
Bit of a silly comment lad, if Pepe has a weakness its in the air, not much of one but its there. Until he sorts that part of his game out he'll always be second to Clem for me, still a great keeper like and we have to keep him.

Hopefully he stays long enough to maybe dethrown Clem.
Yer exactly what I was saying. He is an amazing keeper but sometimes I feel a bit nervy with his crosses. Wasn't saying he is a bad keeper.

Offline chillin247

• Main Stander
  • Addicted to Red.
« Reply #145 on: April 19, 2011, 12:11:58 pm »
Reina is truely a great guy, and a true professional.  I think he will stay when this season comes to a close, because he loves Liverpool.  IF he does leave,  I will have no hard feelings toward him.

Offline Hahariz

• Anny Roader
  • It was fun while it lasted. 35 years.
« Reply #146 on: April 19, 2011, 12:14:31 pm »
Reina is truely a great guy, and a true professional.  I think he will stay when this season comes to a close, because he loves Liverpool.  IF he does leave,  I will have no hard feelings toward him.

but if he went to play for us? 20mil is not a lot of money for a world class goalkeeper. and we need one badly next season.

Offline Stevo79

• Kopite
« Reply #147 on: April 19, 2011, 12:19:07 pm »
Was great to see him saying this, fully expect him to be with us next season.

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #148 on: April 19, 2011, 12:19:56 pm »
Biggest hint yet that he could stay? I can't imagine another team to be so gutted at the prospect of losing a keeper for around 20million pound's. Just shows how important the guy is to our plans. He is also so class on and off the pitch, and I just love that he and the rest of the squad have so much respect for kenny, it's how it should be!
Damn, im getting my hopes up again that London isn't Calling.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: April 19, 2011, 12:19:58 pm »
"[...]next time[...]"

You beautiful man you. <3

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #150 on: April 19, 2011, 12:22:27 pm »
Don't think we should be getting too carried away, but after that interview and the way things have been at the club recently, I think there's more reason to believe that he'll stay than there is to think he'll leave.

Offline Lecter

• Better than Amazon and probably pays his taxes in full!
  • Kopite
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #151 on: April 19, 2011, 12:23:41 pm »
No, I know its 44 months, but theres his 43 years with the same bird, but I bought "44 years with the same bird", its sitting on my shelf now.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/44-Years-Same-Bird-Liverpudlian/dp/0330474251

edit - its probably 'cos the paperback has an extra seasons worth in it actually, blonde moment from me there!

44 Years with the Same Bird is the paperback version of 43 years with the same bird (paperbacks generally published one year after the hardback is released)

These books are about Brian Reade's love affair with LFC

His new book 44 Months with a Pair of Cowboys - An Epic Swindle is about the two previous owners

Offline dnkw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: April 19, 2011, 12:24:12 pm »
Just seen that, very encouraging, tallys with what iv read on another forum about him staying

Where did you see this?

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #153 on: April 19, 2011, 12:30:46 pm »
he's staying.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline ozzy-red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Long live the King.
« Reply #154 on: April 19, 2011, 12:36:13 pm »
Dirk's penalty is the first time I remember him being really, really excited for us scoring in a while, or at least the first time he's shown it in a while.
And with that interview, his first in a while, I think he'll stay.
Might be getting a bit carried away, but I really hope he does anyway.
That's about as funny as having impotency and a pregnant wife.

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: April 19, 2011, 12:41:57 pm »
Wouldn't pay much attention to that. Lady Di was saying similar stuff a few weeks before he handed in a TR.
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #156 on: April 19, 2011, 12:56:50 pm »
Reina just oozes class on and off the pitch, I feel confident that after working with Kenny for these past months and the intentions of the owners Pepe will stay on at least one more season. However if he decides to leave I will wish him no ill-will ans the best of luck.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Snail

• Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #157 on: April 19, 2011, 01:04:37 pm »
Wouldn't pay much attention to that. Lady Di was saying similar stuff a few weeks before he handed in a TR.

The People interview? Wasn't it confirmed that Torres hadn't actually given an interview and it was all a load of shite?

Offline Purdy

• Legacy Fan
  • Gobble gobble turkey
« Reply #158 on: April 19, 2011, 01:05:42 pm »

Those quotes from the people were made up, he hadn't said anything positive for a while.

Edit: beaten to it.

Offline trequartista

• Legacy Fan
  • We won it 5 times
« Reply #159 on: April 19, 2011, 01:06:35 pm »
He better stay he's been here through the shit times and now things look like getting better, i'll be incredibly pissed off if he joined arsenal or utd without giving this new project a chance  :no