Author Topic: Scottish politics [brought to you in association with Walkers shortbread]  (Read 28171 times)

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Why are those even made?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Why are those even made?
I know.., blows my mind
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
That Venn Diagram:

People who wear cufflinks/people who like Walkers shortbread.

That market is pretty small. Does your mother think you’re the CEO of Walkers Shortbread? And did she give you any actual shortbread?

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Why are those even made?

Look like standard Etsy junk to me. People buy a load of cheap plastic holders for those, keyrings, all that crap, and can then print anything to go in them as required.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
I think she might have got it at a Walkers gift shop
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan
Well, now I have learned something new. Thanks.

My wife got a Jesus & Mary Chain tea towel one time, which I found incongruous enough. That was at one of their gigs, so comedy marketing?

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters

You can get cufflinks for at least one former J&MC member anyway.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

You can get cufflinks for at least one former J&MC member anyway.

Wouldn't mind a pair of those.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
I appear to have massively derailed the thread.

Supergran next I think ;D (was supergran shown in England?? I can’t remember)
W

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan

Supergran was a Tyne/Tees show I think. Certainly shown in Scotland, he said dragging the topic vaguely back in the right direction.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
;D

My mother in law brought me a birthday present last year.

A pair of walkers shortbread cufflinks

Part of me wishes I could have modicum of understanding for how her brain came up with the idea of buying them for me…. Another part is horrified at the thought
It must an in-law thing. My (American) BiL once bought me a bright red all-weather hat. Unfortunately, I do not have a picture. It somehow got mislaid in a move. ;) It was presented and opened at a Christmas with his in-laws. There was something of stunned silence around the table while I tried my best to provide a sincere 'thank you'. And, no, it was not a joke.

It was something like the below, but even less cool, even more red, and much more synthetic. I have the Internet at my fingertips and I cannot locate an example as bad. ???

would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
I know.., blows my mind
Do you even like shortbread? A passion, perhaps? ;D
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
Wouldn't mind a pair of those.
And I wouldn't mind a pair of these:

« Last Edit: April 19, 2024, 02:24:46 pm by Jiminy Cricket »

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan

I'm all for derailing threads - so long as it is good-natured. :)

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We had dreams and songs to sing

I couldn't find any Supergran cufflinks... but they do an embroidered glasses case. :)

My marmoset, to get things done,
You fell in Loch Ness with Major Tom.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Supergran was a Tyne/Tees show I think. Certainly shown in Scotland, he said dragging the topic vaguely back in the right direction.

I remember seeing Supergran in South East England.

Couldn't understand any of it, obviously. Up until that point I'd believed Scotland to be a fictitious place created for the Family Ness.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Do you even like shortbread? A passion, perhaps? ;D
No, I’m not really a fan to be honest.

I remember seeing Supergran in South East England.

Couldn't understand any of it, obviously. Up until that point I'd believed Scotland to be a fictitious place created for the Family Ness.
I watched it in the halcyon streets of tweedbank… I picked up the language quick enough ;D
W

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No, I’m not really a fan to be honest.
I watched it in the halcyon streets of tweedbank… I picked up the language quick enough ;D

Good quality shortbread is nice, but I know someone who used to work in the Walkers factory, he said they used the exact same recipe for the Walkers brand stuff as they did for the own brand supermarket stuff they made as well.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Good quality shortbread is nice, but I know someone who used to work in the Walkers factory, he said they used the exact same recipe for the Walkers brand stuff as they did for the own brand supermarket stuff they made as well.
It’s a bit sweet for me to be honest.. that being said, shortbread is shortbread I guess
W

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*

This happens with loads of food. You can check the factory number on the packaging and they're often the same whether it's the cheaper own brand stuff or the more expensive branded goods.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Nicky Walker bought me a pint in Rufus T Firefly years ago. I didn't know until that day he was connected to the shortbread family.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Yes plus in other parts of the country that are not England or Scotland. ::)
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
Yes plus in other parts of the country that are not England or Scotland. ::)
Yes, but I didn’t move to and from Scotland from other parts of the UK.  Only England. So I wouldn’t be able to remember if Supergran was on there as I didn’t live there.
W

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It’s a bit sweet for me to be honest.. that being said, shortbread is shortbread I guess

Tunnocks Tea Cakes are a far superior Scottish confectionery... Posted from the airport having just bought a box of 36 from duty free to take to my Norwegian colleagues. They demand e bring them every time.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yes, but I didn’t move to and from Scotland from other parts of the UK.  Only England. So I wouldn’t be able to remember if Supergran was on there as I didn’t live there.

Postman Pat was shown outside Wales too  :-*
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
Tunnocks Tea Cakes are a far superior Scottish confectionery... Posted from the airport having just bought a box of 36 from duty free to take to my Norwegian colleagues. They demand e bring them every time.

Caramel Logs for me. Love them (except for the coconut going everywhere when you bite into them).

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
If critics took puddings and confectionery seriously Scotland would be a world food capital instead of a culinary joke.  You can go into the rubbishest cafe and still find half-a-dozen fantastic cakey things on offer, no dainty little fancies either.  Not great for the teeth and waistline admittedly.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Our steak pies and mice and tatties are also the best in the world to be fair.

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
Mmmm, stovies.

Coming back up next week and looking forward to it now after all this food discussion :D

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Scottish chippies are shite.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Scottish chippies are shite.

This is slanderous

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
This is slanderous

Mate, you dont even have Mushy peas.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Precisely.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Go to a Scottish chippy and you will know exactly what area they come from by the condiment choice.

For the record, I detest salt and sauce.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No wonder Hadrian built that wall  :wave

Offline KillieRed

• Legacy Fan

I’ll have you know it’s pronounced “guacamole dip”.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Go to a Scottish chippy and you will know exactly what area they come from by the condiment choice.

For the record, I detest salt and sauce.

Salt and sauce does put a big blemish on the reputation of Scottish chippies.

Vile stuff.

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Our steak pies and mice and tatties are also the best in the world to be fair.

Eeeeeeuw!  :-\

Offline A Red Abroad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
No wonder Hadrian built that wall  :wave

I went on Dragon's Den to see if Duncan Bannatyne would front me the money to rebuild/reinforce it.

I didn't really.  ;D

(Just teasin' you Scots folk.) ;)

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
I went on Dragon's Den to see if Duncan Bannatyne would front me the money to rebuild/reinforce it.

I didn't really.  ;D

(Just teasin' you Scots folk.) ;)
It’s fine – it’s actually endearing that you think it might cross our minds that it would be for keeping the north out of the south, and not vice versa.