Author Topic: FAO: US Reds----tv info  (Read 829146 times)

Offline FreshRed

• Boys Pen
Re: FAO: US Reds----tv info
« Reply #360 on: August 11, 2007, 01:35:11 am »
Okay, so I just got my dish network service hooked up, filled with tons of football action, minus Setanta — or so I thought. I got ITVN just for setanta coverage, but to my surprise I'm watching Setanta on channel 406 (a replay of Gaelic Football... that's some weird shit). When I ordered Dish Network I specifically asked if it was possible to order Setanta. They said it wasn't available. I'm guessing I'm watching a free preview thing, but there's no information on DN website or Setanta's that it is available on DN. Anyone here with DN, noticed the same?

DISH Network now has Setanta - free until Spetember 9th

Great News!!

Offline Boston_Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #361 on: August 11, 2007, 02:41:41 am »
for anyone looking for the game in the boston/cambridge area the phoenix landing is gonna be the best place to watch.

Agreed and please check out www.lfcboston.com and www.uslfc.com

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: August 11, 2007, 03:16:15 am »
DISH Network now has Setanta - free until Spetember 9th

Great News!!

does dish also have fox soccer channel? if it does, i wouldn't mind switching over. comcast has limited coverage i.e. only fox soccer channel.

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes?
« Reply #363 on: August 11, 2007, 04:08:37 am »
does dish also have fox soccer channel? if it does, i wouldn't mind switching over. comcast has limited coverage i.e. only fox soccer channel.
They've had FSC for ages so definitely worth the switch if you're willing and able to do a satellite dish outside your home/apt. 

Frankly, I'd switch back to DISH at some point if possible as their monthly pricing was far better than DirecTV's.  I gave them up last summer solely because of Setanta (as DISH expressed no interest in carrying the channel at that time).

Meanwhile, separate issue - it appears GolTV has given up the weekly LiverpoolTV and Arsenal TV broadcasts?!  No longer listed on their website, nowhere on their listings... seems to be done done, which is really too bad for us over here as we're clearly not going to get the LFC-dedicated channel.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2007, 04:11:30 am by ConnieLFC »

Offline Jacob Ian

• Kopite
« Reply #364 on: August 11, 2007, 04:39:09 am »

If you want the most football for you $, the best package is the Latino Dos. You get FSC, GOLTV, ESPN Deportes, Fox Sports en Espanol, along with TV Colombia, and TV Ecuador that both football. Of course there's also all of Univsion family of channels for even more. All for $37/month.

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: August 11, 2007, 06:16:23 am »
They've had FSC for ages so definitely worth the switch if you're willing and able to do a satellite dish outside your home/apt. 

Frankly, I'd switch back to DISH at some point if possible as their monthly pricing was far better than DirecTV's.  I gave them up last summer solely because of Setanta (as DISH expressed no interest in carrying the channel at that time).

Meanwhile, separate issue - it appears GolTV has given up the weekly LiverpoolTV and Arsenal TV broadcasts?!  No longer listed on their website, nowhere on their listings... seems to be done done, which is really too bad for us over here as we're clearly not going to get the LFC-dedicated channel.

interesting. i'll have to think about it. i'm moving into dorms in LA in a couple of months so it'll be hard to convince my folks to change cable providers just for a couple of months. i'll have to make it worthwhile for them somehow. if the pricing is good, then it makes my job easier.

any chances of a hecka big dish outside my dorm room? :P

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #366 on: August 11, 2007, 12:41:15 pm »
Provided you speak Spanish of course..

Directv and Dish network both now carry Setanta and Fox Soccer Channel.

As Connie said last season Dish did not carry Setanta. So I too switched from Dish to Directv.
Not sure i'd switch back but you never know.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: August 11, 2007, 02:06:29 pm »
If you have directv..free Setanta for now to get you to buy..Channel 615 and 670

Offline potatomato33

• Combat Carl
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: August 11, 2007, 03:03:42 pm »
No chance of Time Warner picking up Setanta huh...

Offline LFC_Penguin

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #369 on: August 13, 2007, 04:17:56 am »
Are they carrying the Toulouse game?

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #370 on: August 13, 2007, 01:05:26 pm »

No.

Not on in the USA.

Offline BrooklynRed

• Kemlynite
« Reply #371 on: August 13, 2007, 04:35:49 pm »
Setanta should be showing this game, but they are not. Do they have rights for any of the CL matches or are all rights on ESPN? Thanks.
Brooklyn Reds... Saving The World One Pint At A Time!

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: August 13, 2007, 04:37:42 pm »
Both Setanta and ESPN2 show the group stages and onwards, not the early rounds.

Offline rlpolobear9

• Kopite
« Reply #373 on: August 13, 2007, 05:31:28 pm »
anyone who wants can watch the whole game for free on foxsports.com right now
Liverpool FC 5 time European champs!!!!! YNWA

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: August 13, 2007, 06:51:10 pm »
As a reminder in case anyone forgot..lol

Sun Aug 19 08:00AM Pacific
Sun Aug 19 09:00AM Mountain
Sun Aug 19 10:00AM Central
Sun Aug 19 11:00AM Eastern
Length: 2 hr     LIVE
FOX Soccer Channel (FSC) - US
English Premier League
Liverpool vs Chelsea

Offline L Redwing

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: August 14, 2007, 01:44:43 am »

I saw a commercial tonight on GolTV that said they would be carrying the Toulouse game. It also says so on the GolTV home page.

http://www.goltv.tv/en_index.php

So, it's looking good that anyone with GolTV will be able to see the game in the States. Woo!   :scarf

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: August 14, 2007, 03:08:36 am »
Strange that.

Your right on the home page it shows the match, yet click on the link that says schedule just above and you get this for Wednesday 10am:

Gol Premium COPA CAMPEONES C.A. Isidro Metapan x Alajuelense . (rep)

Now i just forwarded through on Directv to wednesday morning and checked what's listed and the above match shows up not ours for Goltv.

Could be a late switch, who knows..

Going to record it anyway just in case...ta.. :wave

Offline L Redwing

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: August 14, 2007, 03:57:24 am »
Yeah, I thought it seemed strange, like maybe I dreamt the commercial. But there it was on the home page. It's the only place I've seen or heard about it though. (Not in the usual spots, like soccertv.com.) Hoping it's a late switch. I'm off that morning anyway...so I was planning on finding a feed, but on TV would be fantastic.

If Gol does actually have it, perhaps Ray Hudson will call the game. That will either be a scream or some of the most annoying 90 minutes of my life. I can take him in small doses (and am highly amused when listening to him call a Barca game...with his descriptions of Ronaldinho's bug eyes and Messi's "magic"), but am not sure how I'd like him calling a Reds match. If he does cover it, and Crouch plays, I can't imagine how many adjectives he'll mangle and metaphors he'll mix in describing Pete. Yikes!

Offline brightonpete

• Kopite
« Reply #378 on: August 14, 2007, 04:23:56 am »
good call that,i'll check on my cable schedule later,power went out earlier so the menu is not complete yet.ray hudson drives me nuts,reminds me of the sid waddell who did the darts commentary only way worse.

Offline Kite

• The answer my friend, is blowing in the....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: August 14, 2007, 05:11:15 pm »
I've just signed up for the setanta broadband service.  And it works while I'm logged into my work server!

I've also got the sprint broadband card for me laptop so effectively I should be able to watch the match live while sitting at the pool drinking a cocktail.

Who says fatties can't play football.......

Offline Jai

• oh?
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh the carnage
« Reply #380 on: August 14, 2007, 05:29:39 pm »
If you want the most football for you $, the best package is the Latino Dos. You get FSC, GOLTV, ESPN Deportes, Fox Sports en Espanol, along with TV Colombia, and TV Ecuador that both football. Of course there's also all of Univsion family of channels for even more. All for $37/month.

Seconded, the latino dos package is the business

I saw a commercial tonight on GolTV that said they would be carrying the Toulouse game. It also says so on the GolTV home page.

So, it's looking good that anyone with GolTV will be able to see the game in the States. Woo!   :scarf

Brilliant!

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes?
« Reply #381 on: August 14, 2007, 05:30:44 pm »
Strange that.

Your right on the home page it shows the match, yet click on the link that says schedule just above and you get this for Wednesday 10am:

Gol Premium COPA CAMPEONES C.A. Isidro Metapan x Alajuelense . (rep)

Now i just forwarded through on Directv to wednesday morning and checked what's listed and the above match shows up not ours for Goltv.

Could be a late switch, who knows..

Going to record it anyway just in case...ta.. :wave
Just heard about this as well - think they (GolTV) are just very slow updating those schedule grids.  There is, however, a huge banner on the top of the schedule page that says "Champions League 3rd qualifying round" - when you hover over it with your cursor, the Toulouse v Liverpool game details come up.  Very confusing but as it's pretty damn big, I'm hoping they're not lying to us!!

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: August 14, 2007, 06:35:41 pm »
If they are i'm sticking you on the case..:P

Offline nyctex

• God Bless America
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Close your eyes...and imagine it's Jason McAteer
« Reply #383 on: August 14, 2007, 06:55:08 pm »
With that huge banner it's gotta be on!!

Very nice spot and thanks for the info all.

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: August 14, 2007, 07:21:01 pm »
so is gol tv usually on the normal package? or do you have to order it? never mind me, i'll just go hunt for it on cable right now.

will let the comcast customers know, if there are any.

although, does it mean that i'll have to listen to spanish commentary? always meant to learn the language.

Offline nyctex

• God Bless America
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Close your eyes...and imagine it's Jason McAteer
« Reply #385 on: August 14, 2007, 07:28:43 pm »

although, does it mean that i'll have to listen to spanish commentary? always meant to learn the language.

GolTV has both english and spanish commentary and I don't mean spanglish.

If you have the Spanish language package it's in spanish, if not it is the english feed
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 07:32:08 pm by nyctex »

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: August 14, 2007, 07:46:35 pm »
Goltv is in english on Directv and Dish.

There is also a goltv espanol version in the spanich language package.

Offline BrooklynRed05

• Main Stander
« Reply #387 on: August 14, 2007, 07:59:56 pm »
Thanks a million for this update.    ;D   I immediately got on thephone with Cablevision.  Added the sports package which includes GolTV and nine other channels I will never watch for only $4.95 per month.  Even if I cancel after this match it was well worth listening to the recorded menu selections and dealing with salespeople trying to convince me that I should get my phone service through them. 
"It all comes down to how much motherfucking food you can put on the table"---Ice Cube

Offline pinkdragon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: August 15, 2007, 12:20:26 am »
Thank you for the update. Otherwise I would have been watching a stream instead of my tv.
My love. My passion. My life. Liverpool Football Club.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: August 15, 2007, 01:04:34 am »
pinkdragon..

Nice plate..:P

That one was taken here.

Offline Jacob Ian

• Kopite
« Reply #390 on: August 15, 2007, 01:39:37 am »
so is gol tv usually on the normal package? or do you have to order it? never mind me, i'll just go hunt for it on cable right now.

will let the comcast customers know, if there are any.

When I used to have Comcast a few years ago I discovered you could toggle languages (english/spanish) for GolTV by changing your default language within the settings. But c'mon man, you live in Cali. Knowing spanish has more uses than watching football and it ain't just for latinos güe. I know hella API's that speak spanish. If you want to start out studying up with footy terminology check this helpful list.http://www.lingolex.com/footballen.htm

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: August 15, 2007, 02:53:09 am »
When I used to have Comcast a few years ago I discovered you could toggle languages (english/spanish) for GolTV by changing your default language within the settings. But c'mon man, you live in Cali. Knowing spanish has more uses than watching football and it ain't just for latinos güe. I know hella API's that speak spanish. If you want to start out studying up with footy terminology check this helpful list.http://www.lingolex.com/footballen.htm

hehe, thanks jacob. i know a little spanish already because i had a mexican coach for the footy i used to play for my city. well, i know how to abuse, that's for sure. and it's not that big a deal really as long as they're showing the match. the menu on tv still shows some other match scheduled but this has already been discussed on here, and considering the advertising, i think it was a last minute thing they were able to get a hold on.

the website is really interesting, and i'll look into the language settings.

thanks,

Offline G+T with lime

• Kemlynite
  • Ole!
    • My MySpace Page
« Reply #392 on: August 15, 2007, 04:13:53 am »

So, it's looking good that anyone with GolTV will be able to see the game in the States. Woo!   :scarf

This is fantabulous!  Looks like I'm setting the early alarm tomorrow.  Kegs and eggs it is!
“Any time Detroit scores more than 100 points and holds the other team below 100 points they almost always win.”
- The genius of Doug Collins

Offline LFC_Penguin

• Main Stander
« Reply #393 on: August 15, 2007, 06:19:37 am »
Damn! Time Warner doesn't have Gol in my area...and I'm probably looking right over it, but I can't find anything on Gol's webpage that tells me how to find a place in my area that has it...

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes?
« Reply #394 on: August 15, 2007, 03:05:48 pm »
Damn! Time Warner doesn't have Gol in my area...and I'm probably looking right over it, but I can't find anything on Gol's webpage that tells me how to find a place in my area that has it...
Where are you?  If you're in NYC by any chance, Slainte and our own 11th Street Bar are showing the game live if so.  Can't imagine Nevada Smith's doesn't have it as well. 

Offline rlpolobear9

• Kopite
« Reply #395 on: August 15, 2007, 10:13:25 pm »
you could just watch all the games on the internet for free and if you have a tv tuner just link it up and watch the games on a big screen :)
Liverpool FC 5 time European champs!!!!! YNWA

Offline ConnieLFC

• New York family capo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes?
« Reply #396 on: August 16, 2007, 01:37:04 am »
you could just watch all the games on the internet for free and if you have a tv tuner just link it up and watch the games on a big screen :)

Why on earth would you watch it that way (unless you had to) when  you can watch with a barful of rabid Reds?  Just not the same by any stretch of the imagination.

Offline cipher

• Kopite
  • Southport & Toronto
« Reply #397 on: August 16, 2007, 04:02:41 am »
With the coverage we're getting here, especially with Setanta Canada, I don't think I'll have to Sopcast/PPStream/TVAnts it again this year. ;D

Also, in case anyone missed it, they announced during the telecast on GOL that they would be covering the return leg at Anfield in two weeks!
Raúl barely had a kick. The nearest he got to greatness was when he shook Gerrard by the hand.   Times - Mar 10,2009.

Offline The Finn

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: August 16, 2007, 04:05:53 am »
I was thrilled to see GolTV showing the qualifier today, I didn't expect that. They're also showing the return leg next Tuesday. The only issue is you HAVE TO watch the game on mute. The guy doing color for the game is fucking awful.  Really it was unlistenable.

Offline Mimi

• Maguire!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: August 16, 2007, 04:31:17 am »
The commentary for today's game was pretty funny. He kept talking about everything except the game- Tevez, the Bundesliga, and god knows what else. Had to laugh when he said Voronin hadn't done anything and then a minute later had to eat his words.  ;D

Just glad that they carried the game and we finally get Setanta here in Canada.
"And Israeli aggression will continue unabated. BDS. Armed struggle. Peace talks. Protests. Tweets. Social media. Poetry. All are terror in Israel’s books.” Refaat Alareer
https://www.youtube.com/@refaatalareer9499